All Categories

Player suggestion on Indexing and Champion slots

Search
Apr 27, 2019, 12:1904/27/19
04/07/19

Hello,

I would like to propose an idea that, by speaking to other players sounds like a good idea for both collectors, collectionists and Competitive players alike.

The Idea in short terms:

Allow players to store one of every character in the Index, By this i mean change the indexing system to show blank characters like silhouettes for characters that can be filled in by putting a character in permanently. This character can still gain Levels, Masteries, ascension, be geared and be used but will not take up a slot in the 100 Main champion slots or the 100 vault slots. This will allow players to have at least 1 of every character and use those extra 200 slots for doubles, food character or strategic characters.

Problems that may arise:

Players can no longer see maximum stats of champions like in the index - To fix this have a toggle button between true and max base stats of characters

It will be too hard to sort through my characters (potentially 300 and counting indexed characters and 200 normal/vaulted slot characters - To fix this simple have a toggle next to the sorting drop down that toggles between use of indexed characters and normal slot characters

Players may have too much choice in character with different uses making certain aspect of the game take less strategy - This is a debatable downside and i think it doesn't actually pose as one, Yes having more choice maybe makes it easier to always have a character capable of doing dungeons/campaign missions but these characters still need to be Levelled, Skilled, masteried and generally grinded to a position of power allowing them to do content, The big but to this is it allows players to be able to adapt to META's more easily when they shift (Being so hard to shift and regrind characters may turn away players) if more competitive modes or even live turned battles were to come around in future.

How this will effect players:

+ Give more choice in characters for use

+ Potentially organise things better for players if done correctly

+ Allow players to change playstyles based on patches and META changes easier

-/+ Players may spend more money on getting one of every character and level them up if we can have it (Helping plarium)

How this will effect Plarium:

+ More money for Plarium depending on how your customers spend money

+/- Happier playerbase depending if a larger majority of players would like these extra 300 or so character slots

- Dev time needed to make new storage

- Dev time needed to manage data storage of extra character information for every player

- Dev time needed on making more sorting parameters (that make sense)

What this could lead to:

- Events or challenges based on filling your index of collected characters and thier levels

- A more competitive game with more sellection

Thanks for reading ill try to come back and read replies and answer questions as and when i can (Constructing criticism will be appreciated)

Thanks again,

AcedForm

Views
Comments