All Categories

Quests that don't make sense.

Search
Oct 1, 2022, 03:2710/01/22
02/11/21

Can we stop the Arena quests that make no sense? 

Fight in Classic arena with a team from single affinity. Ok, best case, I find a team and beat it. Yay!! Worst case, I waste a token. What's the point of it? I have teams set up, now I have to reogranize the team, and get my old team back. I know it's just a couple of clicks, but it still feels like a pointless quest if you're at least a week in. What's the purpose of it? To waste my token? Take it!! To see if I have 4 champs of the same affinity? Yeah, who doesn't? 

I understand beating a team with higher Team Power, it takes at least some strategy to do. But any 'same affinity, different affinity, same faction' Arena quests don't seem to have a real purpose other than inconvenience. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 1, 2022, 05:3010/01/22
09/14/20

My favourite of senseless quest is to fight the clan boss with a rare...

Oct 1, 2022, 12:0510/01/22
10/08/17

quests need to be  unique / challenging

or would you prefer to get all the quest rewards from just login 1 time a day?

as to the clan quest......I got that covered as well as  my Unkillable team has Frozen Banshee

Come  on folks, its  not a problem

Oct 1, 2022, 13:4510/01/22
03/19/20

I dont understand the issue it's meant to be a challenge it's not going to be easy who wants to play a game that they can win at everyday all day 

Oct 1, 2022, 13:4710/01/22
07/08/19

not sure how beating a higher team power makes sense to you, but the others don't. they all pose the same question; given this restrictive parameter, can you continue to succeed in arena?

Oct 1, 2022, 14:0710/01/22
02/11/21
PriestGuardian

as to the clan quest......I got that covered as well as  my Unkillable team has Frozen Banshee

It's not challenging, that's the point....it's just inconvenient. If you learned shapes and colors in kindergarten, putting together a team of the same affinity is not a challenge. 

And do not equate not wanting to waste time on pointless quest to "wanting to get all rewards just for logging in 1 time a day". If you think you're being clever...you're not. 

Oct 1, 2022, 14:0910/01/22
02/11/21
frankieray2102

I dont understand the issue it's meant to be a challenge it's not going to be easy who wants to play a game that they can win at everyday all day 

It's not a challenge. I can literally pull some green shards and come up with a team for that challenge. 

Oct 1, 2022, 14:1210/01/22
09/14/20
PriestGuardian

The goal of the game is to become better to progress and to build better teams. 

This is a contradiction from my point of view to many of the *use a rare*, *use one affinity* and so on style of quests. We might have different opinions here...

Oct 1, 2022, 14:1210/01/22
02/11/21
Carpe_Piscis

not sure how beating a higher team power makes sense to you, but the others don't. they all pose the same question; given this restrictive parameter, can you continue to succeed in arena?

There is no requirement to succeed, though. "Fight (not win) in Classic Arena with a team of......" It's not even an arena challenge, it's a team building challenge. 

Oct 1, 2022, 15:1810/01/22
06/05/22

Having played other gachas, raid indeed feels high on the "do this pointless thing" scale. In addition to the arena stuff, there's also:

• "beat FW with a rare". So I need to keep a rare in the vault and run stage 6 once, what's the point?
  • "beat FW 3 times without losing a champ". So, just waste 3 keys on stage 3.

What makes this system so bad is that you get the largest quest rewards by far for completing all of them. So it's not a realistic option to just drop annoying quests.

If anything is gonna make me stop playing raid, it's the 1h/day of pointless clicking.

Oct 1, 2022, 15:1910/01/22
Oct 1, 2022, 15:35(edited)
06/20/19

I think single affinity is actually a worthwhile challenge.  All void team in arena can be good to build, and then place on defence.  Most teams I see on defense have affinity imbalance which can be exploited.  The other affinities are useful for the very purpose of exploiting such imbalances.

but really, what's the challenge in opening 3 shards/day?  Or feeding 1 potion to food to raise 3 levels?  They are quests, not challenges.  They are designed to encourage daily play.  The goal is to get the 5 and 30 day shards.  

1) they could just do away with them (and the rewards).

2) they could make the quests more challenging (and time consuming/frustrating, and not easily or always achievable) which is what the op seems to be calling for.

Be careful what you ask for.  We now have quests which can be frustrating but easily achievable.  Do you reall want more 'challenging' quests? Maybe new ones every day? Ones you really have to think about, may not be able to complete at all or only after an hour on each quest?

Oct 1, 2022, 15:2110/01/22
06/20/19
Balltazer

There is no requirement to succeed, though. "Fight (not win) in Classic Arena with a team of......" It's not even an arena challenge, it's a team building challenge. 

So you would approve if you were required to win the battle?  That would work for me and would seem to address your concerns.

Oct 1, 2022, 15:3010/01/22
02/11/21
Angwil

So you would approve if you were required to win the battle?  That would work for me and would seem to address your concerns.

Maybe make something scalable with player level. Harder challenges, better rewards. 

Oct 1, 2022, 15:4510/01/22
10/08/17

@OP  so you say you might waste a arena token (meaning  you cannot complete the quest)  / then you say its  mindless and anyone can put 2 colors together to do the quest?

Then you insult me to say I am trying to be clever someway in a response?

Not sure what you are all about here but whateve man. Just do the quest and be happy you get some MORE FREE stuff from plarium

Oct 1, 2022, 15:5110/01/22
10/08/17
Matrim

The goal of the game is to become better to progress and to build better teams. 

This is a contradiction from my point of view to many of the *use a rare*, *use one affinity* and so on style of quests. We might have different opinions here...

So the challenge to make a team of RARE champions  is not making your account better? in your opinion?

Understanding the qualities  of all champions  in the game and how to use them correctly without being hung up on the fact that a champion is Legendary/epic is key to perfecting the champions you have

DT has quests to make you use RARE champions

Its great that RAID uses all the tools they have to challenge the playerbase  in a multitude  of ways. It keeps the game fresh and engages players

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 1, 2022, 18:0710/01/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

It's not challenging, that's the point....it's just inconvenient. If you learned shapes and colors in kindergarten, putting together a team of the same affinity is not a challenge. 

And do not equate not wanting to waste time on pointless quest to "wanting to get all rewards just for logging in 1 time a day". If you think you're being clever...you're not. 

It's not about shapes and colors, that's just silliness. haha

For me, it's about building a team of a single affinity that can win without issues. I'm neither throwing away a token nor losing some arena match just to get a quest done. Instead, I will do the quest, fight a normal team, and still win. 

This is the same as the Forge Pass missions to win with particular affinities as well, except that requires a win. That is a "more challenging version" of a similiar task, and people complain about that one too cause they are  "wasting their time looking for one champ defenses to fight" lol

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 1, 2022, 18:0710/01/22
02/24/19
Angwil

I think single affinity is actually a worthwhile challenge.  All void team in arena can be good to build, and then place on defence.  Most teams I see on defense have affinity imbalance which can be exploited.  The other affinities are useful for the very purpose of exploiting such imbalances.

but really, what's the challenge in opening 3 shards/day?  Or feeding 1 potion to food to raise 3 levels?  They are quests, not challenges.  They are designed to encourage daily play.  The goal is to get the 5 and 30 day shards.  

1) they could just do away with them (and the rewards).

2) they could make the quests more challenging (and time consuming/frustrating, and not easily or always achievable) which is what the op seems to be calling for.

Be careful what you ask for.  We now have quests which can be frustrating but easily achievable.  Do you reall want more 'challenging' quests? Maybe new ones every day? Ones you really have to think about, may not be able to complete at all or only after an hour on each quest?

Well said. 

i

Oct 2, 2022, 03:2410/02/22
02/11/21
PriestGuardian

@OP  so you say you might waste a arena token (meaning  you cannot complete the quest)  / then you say its  mindless and anyone can put 2 colors together to do the quest?

Then you insult me to say I am trying to be clever someway in a response?

Not sure what you are all about here but whateve man. Just do the quest and be happy you get some MORE FREE stuff from plarium

Don't play the victim here, you started it with your "or would you prefer to get all the quest rewards from just login 1 time a day". All I said was that the quest doesn't make sense, you insult me with suggesting that I'm a whining freeloader when all I am expecting is a real challenge. 

"so you say you might waste a arena token (meaning  you cannot complete the quest)" 

Let me spell it out for you: YOU DO NOT EVEN NEED TO WIN TO COMPLETE THE QUEST....(meaning you don't need to do ANYTHING besides put the right players in the team.....wow, what a challenge, I don't know how I'd complete this difficult quest. And trust me, I have no problem winning those battles, I'm comfy with my arena. I said I'd rather have them take my token than have me reorganize my team for dumb quests that make no sense. If you have a hard time reading English, it's all good. It's not my first language, either....but don't come with your snarky attitude, putting words in my mouth, making assumptions on my behalf. I said nothing to you, I did nothing to you. YOU assumed that I just wanted free stuff with no challenge, and now YOU assume that I cannot complete the quest. Don't act like a victim like I insulted you. Don't start no s**t, won't be no s**t. 

I'll tell you what I'm about. I'm about bigger challenge and bigger reward as you grow your account. Every other part of the game, you evolve.....except daily quests where you do the same quests you did during your first day. I don't need FREE STUFF, I want content that makes sense, not "let's see if you can find 4 champs of the same color in your roster". If you're still not sure what I'm about, I don't know how to explain it to you. 

Oct 2, 2022, 03:2810/02/22
02/11/21
PriestGuardian

So the challenge to make a team of RARE champions  is not making your account better? in your opinion?

Understanding the qualities  of all champions  in the game and how to use them correctly without being hung up on the fact that a champion is Legendary/epic is key to perfecting the champions you have

DT has quests to make you use RARE champions

Its great that RAID uses all the tools they have to challenge the playerbase  in a multitude  of ways. It keeps the game fresh and engages players

Again, it's not a challenge, it's just a waste of resources. I can 2-key UNM and 1-key NM, but hey, let me throw my speed tuned teams out the window to spend one key just for the sake of using a rare. Oh yeah, and instead of farming FW20, let me waste 3 Crypt Keys because Plarium wants me to use a rare. It's not a challenge to complete these quests, it's a waste of resources. 

Oct 2, 2022, 03:3910/02/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

It's not about shapes and colors, that's just silliness. haha

For me, it's about building a team of a single affinity that can win without issues. I'm neither throwing away a token nor losing some arena match just to get a quest done. Instead, I will do the quest, fight a normal team, and still win. 

This is the same as the Forge Pass missions to win with particular affinities as well, except that requires a win. That is a "more challenging version" of a similiar task, and people complain about that one too cause they are  "wasting their time looking for one champ defenses to fight" lol

The daily quest doesn't require a win, so it really is as simple as shapes and colors. 

For the most part, most Arena matches are boring. 99% of the teams, either their Arbiter is faster than mine or mine is faster than theirs. I just farm them unless I run into a team that really catches my attention, then I plan and manual it. 

What I hate is having my team rebuilt for one arena match, then go on to other quests, and next time I farm the arena, I press play only to find my out of tune Demonspawn team getting done up by some slackers. Just to avoid that, I make a point to have another match right after the quest match just to make sure my main arena team is back as the default team. But when I forget, I'm liable to send that same quest team to fight in the next arena match because I forget to change it back because 95% of the time, I run my main team, but Plarium wants me to use that one team that one time because they are too lazy to create real challenges. 

Oct 2, 2022, 03:5010/02/22
04/24/22

I actually enjoy these quests , makes you break the automatic routine you would usually have .. and its not like few click is hard but makes you switch it up here and there ... I actually try to do these and win the match ... 

Your lack of attention and gripe with these is just ... wont say , aint rly here to offend you , just to provide another pov ... 

Are the quests too simple ? Yep kinda , but thats the point .. to be available for everyone to complete without too much hassle ..

What plarium needs to do is introduce a new challenge line , where it actually challenges you and reward you for it . leave all actual quests like they are , they're good for anyone playing raids ..