All Categories

How do NPC's decide who to target? Is there a way to affect that?

Search
Apr 3, 2019, 19:2604/03/19
04/03/19

I'm only a week or so  into the game and have characters at a variety of levels and gears.  I didn't notice at first, but now whenever I take a group into a dungeon, one character gets focus-fired and usually killed, since the only healing I have right now is weak and infrequent.  What factors are involved in who the game targets? Worst armor? Different force/magic/spirit type?  

Is there a way to equip or party-build that will encourage enemies to spread the damage around?  Or is that not a desirable thing since I only have a single target healer?
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 3, 2019, 22:5304/03/19
02/09/19

Hey Mikes!

There are many factors and I don't know all of them but I'll name a few. If your champion is of a weaker affinity (magic compared to force), compared to the AI, they'll target that champion. The lower health champion will be focused. If one of your champions has the counterattack buff, the AI will try to avoid hitting them even if other champions are of a stronger affinity than the AI. 

That's all I know. There are a few smaller factors that come in to play but I'm not sure of those as of right now.

Hope this helped!
Apr 4, 2019, 19:4704/04/19
04/03/19

Thanks ALPHAHELIX, that does help!