All Categories

Question - Answer from our Game Designers (October, 2019)

Question - Answer from our Game Designers (October, 2019)

Search
Comments
Oct 9, 2019, 16:3410/09/19
08/05/19

Cirilla said:

Hello! We are not going to change these Skills, but we are going to work out a system to prevent players from abusing them. Because this is what is happening in the game right now for some players' teams. We will try to make the change as smooth as possible.

Thank you Cirilla! We really appreciate you linking our feedback with the rest of the team over there. I assume fixing it would nerf CB teams like this? Its really unfortunate that even the best non-unkillable teams can't even come close to numbers like these. 

Oct 9, 2019, 16:3810/09/19
03/23/19
I would love to see a feature that allows the skill books to be upgraded in tier like potions. I have like 200 rare ones that have absolutely no value to me. This isn’t game breaking either considering how scarce tombs are. Please put this suggestion. Forward to the deva too!
Oct 9, 2019, 17:0510/09/19
05/14/19

Suggestion 12: Consider granting Clan Bosses the ability to hit through Block Damage and Unkillable.

Game Dev response: We do know that using the abovementioned Skills on Clan Bosses disrupts the game balance to an extent. We will think this all through and see how we can change this.

IF this is being considered then do it to UNM first, that should be the ultimate boss anyway.  I know there are guys who have tons of great duplicate legendaries that are tearing up even UNM with these buffs so make it harder on them.

For the rest of us struggling along leave it on the lesser CB's so those who don't have lots of legendary heroes can enjoy the luck of getting one with good buffs, but will have to step up our game once reaching UNM.

Oct 9, 2019, 17:1010/09/19
05/13/19
Yeah, exactly!! "laws of randomness"!?? Really?! This isn't physics or natural/universal law. These are actual gameplay/gambling mechanics ie...LAWS that you create and can manipulate yourselves. 🤣...you guys really think blowing smoke up our collective a$$es is really gonna work huh? Lol
Oct 9, 2019, 17:2910/09/19
06/04/19
jbee1fam said:

Yeah, exactly!! "laws of randomness"!?? Really?! This isn't physics or natural/universal law. These are actual gameplay/gambling mechanics ie...LAWS that you create and can manipulate yourselves. 🤣...you guys really think blowing smoke up our collective a$$es is really gonna work huh? Lol
I would love for Plarium to go on record saying the game gives an equal chance of dropping all legendary champions! 
Oct 9, 2019, 17:3310/09/19
Oct 10, 2019, 03:41(edited)
09/04/19

Cirilla said:

Dimera said:

1) The Game really needs more energy  double the max- energy from 130 to 260 it has been the same since the time the game was created, there has been new stages and a lot more new champion and really not enough energy to farm gear position and Minotaur's Labyrinth

2) Raid pass for 10,99 monthly is useless. Add 120 gems daily also add 2 extra energy refill daily and 100% XP in all battles 100% to Silver in all battles 25+ Multi Battle 25 Multi Battle all Dungeons.

3) Arena should give daily rewards like Clan boss. its useless once a week. or make it Tuesday Thursday and Sunday resets

4) The game needs a stage that gives rare, epic and legendary books.it would make a lot of sense if the book rewards from faction wars bosses reset each time they open.

5)Add a way to fuse books like the positions. We cannot focus on new champions if 85% of our champions need epic and legendary books this development is needed.

6) Minotaur's Labyrinth drops ( 24-32 basic ) ( 11-16 advance) (6-12 Divine) Any player needs minimum 4k-5k energy to max out 5 champions this is the way to much much. Minotaur's Labyrinth drops should be simpler, for example, stage 1-5 (5-25 basic scroll) from stage 5-10 (5-25 advance scroll) and from stage 10-15 ( 5-25 ) Divine scroll.

7) Arcane, void, Magic and Spirit Keep.there has been times that I have wasted more than 500 energy and still didn't get a superior position, Please remove mystery shard there is no player that wants to waste 12energy to get a mystery shard or XP brew. just make the stage simple from stage 1-5 less potion(Drops 1-5) from 5-10 greater position (Drops 1-4) and from 10-15 superior (1-3).

8) For Spider's Den please add double chance on specific days for specific factions it's almost impossible to get the faction we need. Or on specific days only 3 factions will have drops.

9) Ice Golem, Dragon lair, and fire knight the same add double chance on specific days for specific artifacts and remove XP brew and Mystery Shards, please.

Thanks

Hello! I have replied to this one in New section, but will also do so in here.

- The Game really needs more energy - Energy is a renewable resource and can be acquired as rewards for all kinds of in-game events. We are also going to be adding more of these, hence, more opportunities to get Energy.

- Raid pass and multi-battle - We are going to review both aspects and see how we can improve them;

- Arena rewards - As you know, the Platinum Tier is coming, and it will bring changes into the Arena area. We are also going to keep working on strengthening the PvP side of the game, which means that the rewards will also be reconsidered;

- acquiring Epic and Legendary Tomes - There will be even more events that will yield these as rewards in the future;

- Potions drops in Dungeons - We are aware of the issue, will mention this in the report to our game designers;

- making it possible to loot Accessories for specific Factions from Spider on specific days - That's an interesting idea, we will discuss it. Thank you :)

- rewards pool in Dungeons - Brews and Mystery Shards are not given as rewards on the highest levels of Dungeons, so that's something to aspire to :)

Vault improvement, sorting options, filtering are all being worked on and will come out with the nearest patches.

Jesus it's like talking to a wall really! 

1) To max out a champion from 40 level to 60 you need a minimum of 2500 energy. 2) to max out masteries you need a minimum of 2000 energy. Your telling me from 130 max energy to 260 max is not needed??  This is for one champion!

- acquiring Epic and Legendary Tomes - There will be even more events that will yield these as rewards in the future; 

really need to listen to your players it's like you do not understand 1 epic champion  needs a minimum of 15 books even if you have 2 events  two epic book a week which you do not! It will take 8 weeks just to max out 1 champion skills

Do you want players to log in and say to themselves,i am going to max out a champion today or i dont feel like it,it takes to long i dont have energy and I have no books for it.

Again w

- rewards pool in Dungeons - Brews and Mystery Shards are not given as rewards on the highest levels of Dungeons, so that's something to aspire to :)hat is the point of new champions if we cannot max out the ones we have

there is no player that wants to spend 12 or 14 energy just for mystery shard or xp brew IF it was extra greet but it replaces the item we are framing 

Thanks

Oct 9, 2019, 18:0410/09/19
Oct 9, 2019, 18:04(edited)
10/29/18
Complete BS...all of it.  Plarium doesn't care to listen.  This moderator girl just feeds us nonsense. Platinum arena will be just another lvl. There will not be a new cb, just another lvl with higher HP points. They won't fix a damn thing. Prove me wrong and ill buy your lousy $99 packs. Otherwise, you will see all that money ppl would be spending going to other games by Xmas. It's been nice playing raid, have fun in the unemployment line raid developers, u will be out of a job soon, aka in the newest update when this game tanks it.
Oct 9, 2019, 18:0910/09/19
08/02/19

really need to listen to your players it's like you do not understand 1 epic champion  needs a minimum of 15 books even if you have 2 events  two epic book a week which you do not! It will take 8 weeks just to max out 1 champion skills

Do you want players to log in and say to themselves,i am going to max out a champion today or i dont feel like it,it takes to long i dont have energy and I have no books for it.

Plarium is only focusing on the players that top the global leaderboards since they are the ones that are spending boat-loads of money and putting food on the table. By "events" they are referring to "limited time offers" for $arm and $leg USD. 

Not even PubG, COD Mobile, or Fortnite have so many gotcha mechanics and are still huge money makers for those companies. If CoD Mobile made 2 million on its first day on launch ( which has unlimited free to play mechanics) just image how much $$$ Plarium makes with $50-$75-$100 packs
Oct 9, 2019, 18:1610/09/19
Oct 9, 2019, 18:17(edited)
05/13/19

There needs to be a way to earn more energy without having to buy it. This is especially important once you start getting to higher levels in the game.

You use energy alot faster at higher levels and end up running out. Which sucks when you're trying to farm for gear or missions/quests and achievements. Also skill tomes need to be made more available. It's rather difficult to get epic and legendary skill tomes.

Oct 9, 2019, 18:1610/09/19
Oct 9, 2019, 18:18(edited)
09/24/19
If prices weren't so outrageous, I'd be more than happy to spend some dollars on packs and whatnot. After all I must have spent at least 1000$ on hearthstone in the span of 5 years. This will never happen with Raid because the pricing is frankly insulting and we all can see who it is targeted to. In the end this will only be revenue for you for a short while until you burn out your whales and bore them. You also lose medium spenders by having them spend 50$ on a sacred shard package just to receive the most useless garbo epic and quit out of frustration. If you made pricing interesting to all, your longevity would improve and you would have much greater retention of long term players.
Oct 9, 2019, 20:0710/09/19
01/11/19

Cirilla said:

joseanton said:

I doubt that some of these are among the most popular suggestions. #12 seriously? Who would suggest buffing the clan boss?! And why change the Block Damage and Unkillable buffs? Also, #10...excuse me but you can tweak the output of the RNG. I’m a developer, you ain’t fooling me with that “laws of randomness”

Hello! We are not going to change these Skills, but we are going to work out a system to prevent players from abusing them. Because this is what is happening in the game right now for some players' teams. We will try to make the change as smooth as possible.

As for interfering in the laws of randomness, we do not want to set a precedent that may entail other changes in the game that would contradict our vision. Besides, there will be a very good use for duplicates, it's not like we are just refusing the players' request, we will offer an alternative.

Seriously Cirilla? It would be stupid if Plarium choose to do anything with unkillable team. I’m running unkillable team and I spent around $30k so far with almost 90 leg champs and 14 void leg champs. Do you guys really believe it is easy to run? Besides money I spent, I don’t even remember how much time I spent to tune speed and optimize gears etc...and now you guys be like change this mechanism because of some salty f2p players’complaints?????

Also, it’s funny that some ppl says It impacts the balance of the game. The clan boss is a pure pve game mode and how much dmg we did in the fight have no impact on any1 outside of clan. Some ppl just can’t see others are doing well. We did not exploit bug or anything thing. Just spent tons of money and time on this, and yes, seems like we will get some punishment by paying devs paycheck. 

Final words to cirilla and Plarium. I am pretty sure whales like myself will quit the game if you guys do something stupid on this. Do the right thing- ppl who spent money and time on the game should be rewarded and not the other way around 
Oct 9, 2019, 20:4610/09/19
10/09/19

We will feel cheated if CB system is changed. Think carefully before what you and your team will do.

Why we will feel cheated and get angry?

1). The concept of combining Block Damage and Unkillable buffs has been here for long time since CB starts even before UMN comes out. CB has always be the solo target for players to beat. Other dungeons are just BS we all know.

2). In order to beat the boss, we farmed gears for long time (spending tons of money to buy  energy pack). We experimented with different gears for long time(buying silver packs and artifact packages). We also spent thousands of dollars for shards to get the required champions to do this with specific required champions. Now we achieved  and you tell us that you are going to remove the reward. Ok can you refund all the money we spent for achieving this since you are going to remove the rewards!

3). Last, don't talk with BS saying that this is making the game unfair. We all know this BOSS is PVE, there is no harm to other players. We all know that the only harm in your mind is that this may reduce your revenue. TBH, if you make unacceptable changes towards this, all of us (top players) will stop paying and playing the games. CoD Mobile and Incoming Diablo Mobile etcs sound really good alternatives. 

4). To all other players, all of you should think again whether this game worth of investment of money and time. This change on CB shows a clear example that no matter how much you spent and how hard you played on this game, the developer won't ever want you to be happy with what you deserve.  

Cirilla said:

joseanton said:

I doubt that some of these are among the most popular suggestions. #12 seriously? Who would suggest buffing the clan boss?! And why change the Block Damage and Unkillable buffs? Also, #10...excuse me but you can tweak the output of the RNG. I’m a developer, you ain’t fooling me with that “laws of randomness”

As for interfering in the laws of randomness, we do not want to set a precedent that may entail other changes in the game that would contradict our vision. Besides, there will be a very good use for duplicates, it's not like we are just refusing the players' request, we will offer an alternative.

Oct 9, 2019, 21:1310/09/19
04/21/19

Cirilla

Suggestion 12: Consider granting Clan Bosses the ability to hit through Block Damage and Unkillable.

Game Dev response: We do know that using the abovementioned Skills on Clan Bosses disrupts the game balance to an extent. We will think this all through and see how we can change this.

I think this suggestion is total bogus! I myself is one of the few unkillable teams out there. For people who do not have the team to complain that it is unfair is like F2P complain whale player having 5 Bad-El-kazar and 5 Martyrs! Why is something not done for that? maybe lower the drop rate or legendary open rates for whale players? My point is that I have spent $1000s of dollars in the game as well, a few hundred here and there, and always dropping hundreds of dollars each time there is an event like "double pulling rates", in order to achieve what I have achieved today. For those that said unkillable team requires nothing is also just stating things without support, not everyone has multiple maneater/Roshcard/santa running around and has HOURS AND HOURS of time each day to test these things to make the speed work. Sure, some people may get lucky and pull two of those required back to back with their first-ever 2 shards, but how many lucky players are out there? isn't that what this game is all about - luck?

Unkillable is a total PVE topic, it does not affect the general population of the game, there will always be jealousy eyes, but feel free to put in 100s-1000s of dollars and i am sure they can do the same as well. Anyone can say the game is designed to make F2P able to achieve what a whale player can, that is true, with LONG time and dedications, the same applies to unkillable teams!

BTW, many players use these necessary champions on their REGULAR non-unkillable teams to achieve high damage and scores, nerfing them or buffing up the boss to make these champions less effective is straight out telling players not to spend any more money in the game. Because however much money we spend, and however many hours/days of time we spend in the game to "buff-up" some specific champion to get high damage, in the end, some salty player will complain because they are too lazy to spend nearly 1/10 of the time or less than 1/100 of the money, but just want everyone else to be equal to them. And if Plarium decides to side with "everyone should be equal", then why would whales be whales, why would dedicated players like myself even bother to spend the time to do what we try to achieve? Who knows? next thing they complain may be Bad-el is too powerful, martyr is too powerful, nerf them! The world is created not to be equal, you will be rewarded for how much effort you put in. Effort in real life get you money to spend in the game, effort in-game get you good champion/nice combos/effective strategy to make you stronger. Laying waste to someone's effort and just say we are removing it because other people complaining? this is an insult to our effort 

Oct 9, 2019, 21:2710/09/19
Oct 9, 2019, 21:32(edited)
04/21/19

Captain Seagold said:

Cirilla said:

Thank you Cirilla! We really appreciate you linking our feedback with the rest of the team over there. I assume fixing it would nerf CB teams like this? Its really unfortunate that even the best non-unkillable teams can't even come close to numbers like these. 

I do not agree with your comment at all. What is your definition of "best team"? there is no such a thing! Few months back when i was doing 20M damage to NM and i thought i already got the best team, then saw people doing 30M, then it was 1 key NM. What you see above is not a hack or cheat. As i stated in my long comment before, it took a great amount of effort for this to work, how lucky do you have to be to be able to pull 2 man-eaters? many people I know don't even have one! And getting both santa and Roshcard is even more impossible (i spent over $10,000 on this game already and bought many packs, haven't seen either one!). 

the best non-unkillable teams out there also spent countless hours and money to get the best gears and best champions, this is just a different way to achieve the same goal. The game is designed to be all random and effort/money based, which team above do you think is "easy to make"? 

The mechanism requires countless hours of thinking, calculating and testing (you have NO IDEA how many keys i bought to test it to get it to work). Now you are seeing the final result and just say it "disrupts the world and need to get rid of this evil?" Stop insulting other's work, feel free to make an unkillable team yourself and see how much money/time it is needed to get it to work before judging others and say it is "unfair"?

One last thing, these runs all take great amount of time/focus to fight each fight MANUALLY. I have seen few players give up after 2 days because they don't want to sit there for an hour just repeating the same actions. You are again insulting those who are willing to do that!

Oct 9, 2019, 21:3210/09/19
09/19/19

GoodGuyGlen said:

Any reason why the clan boss health still isn't being addressed? Seems unfair to people in different time zones that they can't get the top chest each day because the other members have already killed it. Even on UNM, the best result you can get is 16 people getting the top chest, and that requires no one else to touch it and all of those 16 people doing no more than 70m damage. Why do the other 14 members (Or in the real world 16 or more) have to miss out every day?

Simple solution is to remove the total HP and just set a clan threshold that has to be met to get the double rewards, that way you can't kill it and prevent others from getting rewards. Because the boss won't die at any point, give the rewards at every reset.

THIS is brilliant.

And it would be helpful at all stages of the game. I'm rather new, in a pretty young, kinda weak clan. Right now we're working on downing Normal, but at the same time the Easy boss dies VERY fast after it comes up, because we have a few people that hit a lot harder than everyone else. It sorta sucks that people will miss out on those gear rolls if they don't get online fast enough. For newer players, those gear rolls and chances at shards and things are very important!

Adding a threshold would mean that everyone can hit any boss they want without fear of overkilling or missing out on rewards for their level of progression.
Oct 9, 2019, 22:4610/09/19
03/23/19
How about extending the level cap for players from 60 to something higher?  
Oct 9, 2019, 23:4210/09/19
03/14/19

Need more room for champions.  I used to enjoy buying and opening ancient shards, but now I don't buy nearly as many because of limited champion space.  You released faction wars that requires us to have champions of every faction, more fusions where we might need to save a champion for, and new champions that increase the total pool size.  So how come the amount of total space stays the same?

Is your goal to get me to keep crunching all the champions that I'm trying to save up to either build later, or to use for a possible fusion, so that I have to try to pull them again with money in a panic as they come out with changes that make them desirable?
Oct 9, 2019, 23:5110/09/19
04/21/19
so you want to fuse 6 lvl 60s to make one level 70.... think about the ammount of work...
Oct 10, 2019, 00:3010/10/19
Oct 10, 2019, 00:48(edited)
12/20/18

Hitting through block damage and unkillable is a ridiculous and stupid idea the best solution to this would be a round limited clan boss the damage gets ridiculously high anyway at a certain point. you still have to farm the right gear get the right synergy of your team etc. other people that use these champs just to get a few more rounds in would be affected aswell. 

you have already put in a time limit connection failure and nothing saved even if you select relog option that should be removed we have real life shit to do put my ph down walk away from pc come back to a key waisted 

It doesn't disrupt the game its just cry babies getting jealous because they forgot to pray to rngesus before purchasing packs and dont get what they wanted. Dont fix something that aint broken Implement a turn or round limit and remove the time limit. Messing with the skills on the boss or champs upsets even more people. I would quit and get a refund

Pls proper testing before live. 

Ps reflect damage needs a fix or renamed reflect hp lost having a shield shouldn't negate the reflect damage damage to your shield is still damage or being at 5k hp with reflect buff and getting hit with 50k attack should reflect the % of the attack would make you rethink a overkill attempt like dracomorph a1 would help with the speed meta in arena

Oct 10, 2019, 00:4310/10/19
03/03/19
First go first, I don’t think it is fair or so called “balanced” to nerf all the “undead teams”. Before this game, I have played a lot of similar game like this. This game is almost the best among all its competitors. No matter people like or not, all games like raids are about team building. It is hard to get certain champions, and it should be. For all those players who got best champions and figure out the best build ups, they should have best rewards. Or what that for? I know people used hundreds keys just want to figure out if 200speed works or not. It takes people’s effort, time, money and I respect that. And please remember it is only the first year of this game. Why so urgent?Eventually f2p and lucky players will get great champions to finish their teams. Games are just like real life as well, either people spend money to get things they want or they can spend time and hard work to earn the money and get things they want. That’s also the fun part. So please stop being childish and trying to nerf all the great teams. If it happens, that’s truly sad. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.