All Categories

(Important!) Artifacts Enhancement Event Cancellation (29.09.2019)

(Important!) Artifacts Enhancement Event Cancellation (29.09.2019)

Search
Comments
Sep 29, 2019, 20:2409/29/19
09/24/19
The only way they make this right for everyone that has spent ressources in this and got nothing is to give out all the rewards of the artifact event to everyone. Suck it up Plarium and at least buy back your credibility and the faith your players have in you by taking this one on you.
Sep 29, 2019, 20:3209/29/19
03/16/19

ThrobbingCerk said:

This issue shows how incompetent the Plarium staff are.  Not trying to be rude, but honestly, what imbecile over there at Plarium decided to have EVERY single artifact upgrade attempt ping the server?  You realize that whoever made that poor decision essentially caused an internal DDoS attack against your own servers?

I believe they're not just pinging the server but running RNG for every attempt. I guess it's their way to avoid some sort of cheating on the client side. It's supposed to be a very lightweight request. But Plarium is Plarium.

What's bad, looks like they're checking all tournament-related operations with the server to calculate points, synchronously.  Which makes things like leveling/ranking noticeably slower - game client has to wait for server response to tell us that we got "1 tournament point". It's retarded not efficient and hurts QoL.

Sep 29, 2019, 20:5909/29/19

Foli affair continues? In Foli event ONLY luck decided if you Fuse him (Rotting mage) and, Now It's far worse. Plarium erase the artifact event due to bla, bla, bla. Almost every player grinding for Ragemonger As last champ. 

It's another non fair-play behaviour. Not surprise anymore......
Sep 29, 2019, 21:0309/29/19
04/04/19

xz601190 said:

I spent 10 millions to upgrade all my six star artifacts only to find out the event is cancelled. I won't have enough silver or artifact to complete this event and my fusion is dependent on this.  Where was the notice for this cancellation? Am I suppose to watch the forum all the time?  Please, this is too much S.A
Same here... no announcement in game - several million silver waisted...
Sep 29, 2019, 21:0709/29/19
03/16/19

It's funny we were discussing some other topic 3 weeks ago - how uncertain one feels sometimes debating whether to waste spend time and resources on an event.

You don't wanna rush into completing the event, cuz there's a chance they will announce some complementary thing later like summon event and double chances from voids.

But then you don't wanna wait till 30 minutes before event's end, cuz their server will go down, or some timezone glitch will happen or Cambodia will be hit by an earthquake. You never know, "RNG can be painful sometimes". 
Sep 29, 2019, 21:2009/29/19
05/16/19

leoinau21 said:

The only way they make this right for everyone that has spent ressources in this and got nothing is to give out all the rewards of the artifact event to everyone. Suck it up Plarium and at least buy back your credibility and the faith your players have in you by taking this one on you.

In the six or so months I have been playing now, I have yet to EVER see Plarium do the right thing as far as compensating adequately when they mess up.  Instead, their go-to is to cover up, delete threads, ban players in Discord that call them out, and otherwise do all they can to cover it up through the means at their disposal.  It's why their rep is so horrid all over the web. 

Even with the Foli con, they lost TONS of players, yet they STILL refused to do anything to make up for it.  THAT is why pretty much everyone in my clan is concerned - they know with how Plarium works, this is almost assuredly going to be at OUR expense with a mere shrug of the shoulders from Plarium.

I would honestly be extremely shocked if they were to actually reward everyone the items from this event or otherwise keep people from having wasted their money on an event that has now been removed.  It's not how they work.

All of you who spent money on the in-game items that was wasted are well within your rights to dispute the charges through the app store if they fail to compensate you in FULL what you should have received from the event as a result.  We will see what, if ANYTHING, they will do to resolve this.
Sep 29, 2019, 21:3209/29/19
07/16/19
AscendantGod said:

leoinau21 said:

In the six or so months I have been playing now, I have yet to EVER see Plarium do the right thing as far as compensating adequately when they mess up.  Instead, their go-to is to cover up, delete threads, ban players in Discord that call them out, and otherwise do all they can to cover it up through the means at their disposal.  It's why their rep is so horrid all over the web. 

Even with the Foli con, they lost TONS of players, yet they STILL refused to do anything to make up for it.  THAT is why pretty much everyone in my clan is concerned - they know with how Plarium works, this is almost assuredly going to be at OUR expense with a mere shrug of the shoulders from Plarium.

I would honestly be extremely shocked if they were to actually reward everyone the items from this event or otherwise keep people from having wasted their money on an event that has now been removed.  It's not how they work.

All of you who spent money on the in-game items that was wasted are well within your rights to dispute the charges through the app store if they fail to compensate you in FULL what you should have received from the event as a result.  We will see what, if ANYTHING, they will do to resolve this.
They can't hide behind any reasons this time around, like they did with people being unable to open the game the entirety of the centurion event during foli fusions. This is 100% their fault, and they've already admitted to that. If they don't give proper compensation, I've already got a lawyer on speed dial. He isn't the best lawyer in the world, but he's family, ya know.
Sep 29, 2019, 22:0409/29/19
07/26/19

Just spent 8 mil before I noticed the event was gone.  So didn't even get rewards for what I did. With no in-game messages and loading the 10 events running at the same time take forever, you can't expect us to monitor the events constantly. I hope you guys make this right. I enjoy the game, but I've invested a lot to this fusion event and if  I can't complete it due to a server issue, I don't think I'll continue to play.

Sep 29, 2019, 22:4509/29/19
Sep 29, 2019, 22:48(edited)
04/24/19

I have spent all my silver trying to get the champs and i was so close to acquire them but right before i could do so i found that the event was cancelled. This is not fair and we have spent so much time, efforts and resources in the game. Not to mention that the game systematically decreasing silver or shards when you need them to make you purchase them. The only right thing to do now to fix this is to give us the last needed champ (basher) as an apology and a compensation for the issue and to extend the fusion by at least 3 more days 

Also want to mention that the RNG chances are so pow on artifacts upgrade as well as on epic and legendary champs. I have spend around $200 and was never able to pull a legendary nor an epic during an event. Bad investment. May be i will move to another game where my money will get me something.  
Sep 29, 2019, 23:2809/29/19
Sep 29, 2019, 23:36(edited)
06/25/19

If I can be a voice of reason here.

Understandably a lot of people are upset at the latest issue with the servers.  I, myself, spent a fair amount of silver to attain one of my last champions for the Maulie fusion.  While it was a surprise that the event was cancelled, I knew that there were issues when my enhancements started to take longer to proc the "Success" or "Fail" result.

Working at a tech company (website servers), I can say this much.  No piece of hardware is 100% reliable.  Especially under cases of extreme traffic.  Given the circumstances, I wholeheartedly believe that Plarium did everything in their power to prepare for this event.  It doesnt hurt to mention that Raid is one of the most popular mobile games available; not only in the US but in other countries as well.  (The sheer amount of server space and resources needed to handle all of our accounts must be pretty insane)

What mustve been unexpected, was the sheer volume of players that woke up in anticipation of gaining this character.

If I had to bet, I would say that large majority of players were waiting for this event, as Ragemonger is a character that has recently been released and was not acquired by a lot of players.  This leads me to assume this was one of the last pieces of the puzzle for a lot of players to unlock the sought after legendary.  With the legendary being one small step away, I'll assume again that every active player who was close to finishing Maulie began upgrading away.

Theres close to 0 chance that Plarium has their 'upgrade artifacts' data/scripts running on one server.  So what this may mean, is that we ran a very real threat of overloading multiple servers.  So, who knows what other aspects of the game could have been made unavailable..

Plarium made the right choice for our experience, as unexpected as it was.  Plus, they are a company who I've seen first hand compensate their player base for even the smallest of downtime. (Ever gotten a spare boss key or some energy after a prolonged update?)

All things aside, Plarium has mentioned that an announcement will be made tomorrow about what will happen with the event moving forward.

Hopefully you can see that theres not too much cause for alarm, and while it is frustrating, I'm certain Plairum has a plan.

P.s. I'm not quite sure how the upvote system works here, but if it helps with visability give this comment a rating so more people can see it. (This is essentially just a different perspective on this issue.)  Thanks!

Sep 29, 2019, 23:3209/29/19
08/28/19
i spent a week saving up and waiting for this event and just as i was 2/3 of the way threw it you cancel with no notice. when you start the event again will you put my points back they way they were? i claimed the stuff for what i had earned so far but what i really wanted was the next two prizes. i cant start all over. 
Sep 29, 2019, 23:3409/29/19
Sep 29, 2019, 23:37(edited)
09/11/19

It almost sounds as a bad april fool joke. Do you think players has nothing else to do but monitor your decisions at forum? You should announce that in-game via PM or in-game news and atleast few hours prior. I personally blew few mill into that event, but nothing to critical. However what about the people who spent dozens of hours doing all the other events and blew all their silver into this one yet didn't claim rewards? Now they wont be able to complete fusion because of your fault. Imo just give the artifact event characters to every player, it still doesn't solve problem fully as they wont get other rewards - but atleast they wont feel cheated. Ps: another solution is to lower requirements for new event x3-x5 times so even people without silver can complete it within 3 days.

Sep 29, 2019, 23:4209/29/19
Sep 29, 2019, 23:44(edited)
06/13/19

Can we get some word on how you plan to rectify this?  I'm sitting here with all the food I needed to finish Molly once I had the artifact event champion.  As I sit here my 1st place in the tournament has fallen and I'm certainly not going to spend $ on shards in the hopes that I randomly get this champion.  I was relying on the fusion to finish off the benchmark rewards from the champion chase tournament as well, but without being able to finish the Molly fusion I'll also be missing these rewards.

I'm sure your compensation will fall well short of all of this, but it would be appreciated if you could let us know something so at the least we can attempt to mitigate your server issue the best we can from our end.  
Sep 30, 2019, 00:0809/30/19
06/29/19
Not worth panicking yet until we see what the solution is. I can't see how they can do anything other than give us Basher or all the champs needed to fuse him so it could be a blessing in disguise. Like others, I planned for this event and spent all my silver to get what I needed so the right thing is to give us one or the other. 
Sep 30, 2019, 00:2309/30/19
09/11/19
RealZeal said:

Not worth panicking yet until we see what the solution is. I can't see how they can do anything other than give us Basher or all the champs needed to fuse him so it could be a blessing in disguise. Like others, I planned for this event and spent all my silver to get what I needed so the right thing is to give us one or the other. 
Yep, that would be the best scenario. If people who aleredy claimed fusion get an extra basher it wont change the balance. However i'm not sure if they can send ''characters'' via PM.
Sep 30, 2019, 00:2709/30/19
06/13/19

RealZeal said:

There are other consequences beyond just the one champion.  I'll be losing an elite skill book from the champion chase, all the rewards I did not get from the artifact event, and I'm sitting here with several hundred potential points for the training event that were dependent on Ragemonger leading to yet another elite book gone since I need to hold on to this without spare champion inventory while I'm being passed for the top spot.  I won't be awake for the end of the champion chase event so basically all the effort I've put in this far is getting screwed.  

I'm happy for you that you finished the event before it was pulled, neat.  I'm happy you had time to finish the event in one sitting, also neat.  I'm not happy that regardless of the fact that I had what I needed to finish, the event was pulled without real notice and all the things I planned for are now significantly reduced.

"Panic", or concern as what it really is, is warranted and shouldn't be ignored simply because some had time to finish or didn't need the event.  I'm also not putting my faith in Palarium that this will be sufficiently resolved.  I'm pretty sure they're sitting there thinking I should just spend money to stay on top and finish the champion chase... or maybe I should just seek a____; well I wouldn't wanna get banned for finishing that.
Sep 30, 2019, 00:5309/30/19
05/16/19
RealZeal said:

The reason people who are vets are panicking is because we know Plarium's pattern of behavior.  Despite people having wasted $40-50 worth of energy and not getting the rewards, Plarium will at best give everyone compensation of like 2 energy refills, a tiny fraction of what was wasted, along with a "we will try to prevent this from happening in the future."  Also, when you have invested hours upon hours and upwards of $50+ on the energy and time required to get the potions, champions, etc., yes, it does stress people out when a company we know we can't trust just messed up and didn't propose a solution to the mess up, simply swept it under the rug by removing the event.
Sep 30, 2019, 00:5509/30/19
09/12/19
Cirilla said:

Hello guys! We have to stop the Artifacts Enhancement event for mitigating the load on the server and stabilizing the game performance. It will be stopped at 6 PM UTC. Please make sure that you have claimed the rewards that you have already received. We will decide what to do next about the whole thing tomorrow and will keep you informed. Thank you very much and happy Sunday!

So I worked all weekend and wasn't really able to spend much time trying to follow the forums. On my break today, I spent 30 dollars buying the 6 star artifact pack and 25 dollars buying a silver pack. I upgraded 7 artifacts to 16 and a few others to 12. I noticed that the event had disappeared. I'm honestly not sure why there wasn't a notification sent out in-game. I've never seen a game that only communicates through forums for people to constantly watch and skim through trying to make sure they don't get screwed over. I just claimed my 21 day login prize and I'm already discouraged. I see no reason to keep spending money on the game, if this is going to be how things are. If yall are like any other developers that I've dealt with, I doubt there will be any reasonable compensation. I spent money on a game to score well in the event so I could get the prizes and now I walk away with only upgraded artifacts. It wouldn't be fair if we could give yall money and then decide to take it back and screw yall over. If you want to keep your fan base, you've got to come up with a better way of going about this. 
Sep 30, 2019, 01:0209/30/19
Sep 30, 2019, 05:02(edited)
05/16/19

xInspireRuin said:

If I can be a voice of reason here.

Understandably a lot of people are upset at the latest issue with the servers.  I, myself, spent a fair amount of silver to attain one of my last champions for the Maulie fusion.  While it was a surprise that the event was cancelled, I knew that there were issues when my enhancements started to take longer to proc the "Success" or "Fail" result.

Working at a tech company (website servers), I can say this much.  No piece of hardware is 100% reliable.  Especially under cases of extreme traffic.  Given the circumstances, I wholeheartedly believe that Plarium did everything in their power to prepare for this event.  It doesnt hurt to mention that Raid is one of the most popular mobile games available; not only in the US but in other countries as well.  (The sheer amount of server space and resources needed to handle all of our accounts must be pretty insane)

What mustve been unexpected, was the sheer volume of players that woke up in anticipation of gaining this character.

If I had to bet, I would say that large majority of players were waiting for this event, as Ragemonger is a character that has recently been released and was not acquired by a lot of players.  This leads me to assume this was one of the last pieces of the puzzle for a lot of players to unlock the sought after legendary.  With the legendary being one small step away, I'll assume again that every active player who was close to finishing Maulie began upgrading away.

Theres close to 0 chance that Plarium has their 'upgrade artifacts' data/scripts running on one server.  So what this may mean, is that we ran a very real threat of overloading multiple servers.  So, who knows what other aspects of the game could have been made unavailable..

Plarium made the right choice for our experience, as unexpected as it was.  Plus, they are a company who I've seen first hand compensate their player base for even the smallest of downtime. (Ever gotten a spare boss key or some energy after a prolonged update?)

All things aside, Plarium has mentioned that an announcement will be made tomorrow about what will happen with the event moving forward.

Hopefully you can see that theres not too much cause for alarm, and while it is frustrating, I'm certain Plairum has a plan.

P.s. I'm not quite sure how the upvote system works here, but if it helps with visability give this comment a rating so more people can see it. (This is essentially just a different perspective on this issue.)  Thanks!

If you actually are a techie, you should know this happened due to Plarium's incompetence.  By one of their developers causing the server to get pinged every single time someone attempts an upgrade, as stated previously, they caused a ddos attack against their own company.  It wasn't an honest mistake.  It was incompetence and ignorance on their staff's part.  If I had an employee overlook something that should've been that obvious, I'd fire that employee in a heartbeat.  Too much of a liability.

In addition, you are right, they do compensate for downtime.  However, how did they compensate with the Foli paywall?  A shrug of their shoulders and playing stupid on their end, like they weren't well aware of their scam.

To add, what they compensate is NEVER equal to what you end up losing in this game due to crashes, freezes, updates and server downtime with NO in game forewarning (which should be VERY easy to provide).  As you can see from various posts, some people have wasted TONS of energy due to this issue.  Meanwhile, I'd say at best, they *might* compensate everyone with maybe 2 energy refills, a clan boss key, and that will probably be about it.

I would LOVE to be wrong on this one, but I highly doubt it.  The only time Plarium surprised me with something decent was Faction Wars.  But even then, the glyphs really don't provide enough oomph to make it worthwhile to make an effort on champions exclusively for Faction Wars.
Sep 30, 2019, 01:1309/30/19
04/09/19

Make it right Plarium, give every player the rewards for the event we have been working a week for this fussion