Suggestions that will not be implemented in the game
User ID: 698671
21 July, 2016, 2:41 PM UTC
Captains, welcome to the thread where we list the improvements suggested by our valued players that unfortunately will not be implemented for various reasons.
Please read this thread before posting your own suggestion.
1. Exchanging or trading things (like special equipment, etc.) These are individual gains and bonuses. We do not want players to take advantage of someone else’s achievements and hard work. This would also create more opportunities for people to abuse the game, for example, by trading in-game goods for real money.
2. Adding a 15-minute protection on Treasure Islands. Pirates: Tides of Fortune is a highly competitive war strategy game. Players would use this feature to avoid any fights on Treasure Islands just by sending Units each 15 minutes. In this game, you need to fight for everything! Without battles the game would lose its sense.
3. Removing Attack Limits. We need to keep the force in balance. Players with huge armies will get too many advantages if we remove the limits. Besides, there is a special Brotherhood Diplomatic Status - At War. Brotherhoods in the State of War with other Brotherhoods are not bound by any Attack Limits when attacking each other’s Presidios. However, we will increase the limits when the game evolves enough to keep the balance with higher limits.
4. Boosting Unit training time with Carpenters. Your Carpenters have a single purpose in the game, and that is to upgrade your Buildings. They all have their individual tasks to work on and cannot join their forces and work on one Building at the same time just like they cannot perform any other functions.
5. Using Carpenters for Discoveries. The time the Discoveries should take is the result of through calculations, and thus it cannot be changed without affecting the game balance.
6. Making Daggers available for Resources or Gears. The Daggers was primarily developed to help with farming non-active Havens. It is virtually useless as an offensive unit, even against light defense, and that was intentional. It serves the same function as a larger number of free units. It simply makes the process less of a hassle.
7. Making the Fireship available for Resources or Gears
Yes, it is powerful and can only obtained with in-game currency. However, before releasing it, we made sure it would not become a game changer. It can only be used once; there is a limit on how often it can be deployed; there is an experience level requirement that will not allow situations when the feature can be easily abused.
8. Allowing Brotherhood Leaders to transfer their Brotherhood members’ troops from one Presidio to another. Troops are the property of their Captains, and controlling other players’ armies is against our rules.
8. Getting a report of a Fireship launch before they arrive to the designated Haven. Fireships are the only way to make a sudden attack in the game. It is impossible to detect, and it will stay this way because that is the way it was designed to function.
9. Making it impossible to launch Fireships to Havens that are lower level than yours. We have 100+ level players in the game. If this suggestion were implemented, they would not have a possibility to attack others with Fireships.
10. Setting an automatic State of War status between the two Brotherhoods when a Presidio is attacked. Setting the State of War automatically is not a good idea. This could be against some BHs’ policies. Besides, there could be some BH members whose actions do not align with their BH’s intentions not to attack certain BHs. We believe that such cases should be solved through negotiations, and if two BHs agree that it is time for War, they they can start it.
11. Applying offensive bonuses to Fireships. When we released Fireships, we have balanced them to make sure they are not a game changer. So we are not planning to boost them or make them strong enough to eliminate huge armies. Their current strength is balanced, and we are not planning to change it.
12. Allowing BH members to contribute Rubies to Brotherhood Bastion. Each player can receive over 500 Rubies just for completing Tutorial quests. So this feature could be easily abused by alternative accounts. It could also motivate fair players to create alternative accounts.
13. Showing activated Items in Battle Reports. This task is technically complicated and requires some major changes to the Battle Reports’ UX and UI. Moreover, it requires some more space on the server to store additional information.
14. Adding a “Confirmation” button on Nautical Сharts. We will soon add the option to choose the amount of Nautical Сharts you want to use, so there will be fewer situations requiring extra clicks.
15. Increasing the limit on Resource you can send. Current limits were set for a reason. Increasing them could also increase the amount of alternative accounts abusing this feature.
16. Providing a possibility to receive Battle Reports from BH Members. Not all of our players would like to share their reports with the whole BH. We came up with an idea to create a possibility to send Help requests to your BH. So it will no longer be necessary to see someone’s reports.
17. Separating big numbers with commas. This would require a lot of changes to the game interface.
18. In-game translator. Unfortunately, it is technically complicated to implement such a feature in a Flash-based game. However, we have decided to add the possibility to copy messages from the chat, so you will be able to translate them using your favorite translator.
19. An opportunity to trade Potions, buy certain Potions or exchange them. Potions were designed as your personal Items, so you cannot exchange or trade them. We understand your wish to get higher-level Potions as soon as possible, but you will need some time and luck to get them. Randomness is an essential component of the feature that serves a purpose.
20. Allowing BH Leaders to send their BH members’ troops from Presidios back to their owners. Troops are the property of their Captains, and controlling other players’ armies is against our rules. Moreover, some players may use this possibility to harm a BH or pass Presidios to other BHs.
21. Add Friends search. We are limited in creating dynamic features because we use Flash technology for our games. However, we are working on some features which may allow us to create dynamic interface in future. So this suggestion may be reconsidered.
22. Add building queue for Buildings, like the one we have for Units. Our game developers have planned a certain game dynamics. To progress in the game, you need to log in, make some actions. Things can't develop without your presence.
23. Add Battle results preview to reports. This suggestion was declined, because battle reports' UI doesn't have enough space to add this information. So adding it there would require too many changes.
24. Add a chat room for Officers only. We’re working on a new feature on Plarium.com that will allow players to create their own chat rooms. As for the Facebook, you already have such feature there outside the game.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium