All Categories

Difference between Tournaments

Search
How to join our moderation team?
May 6, 2018, 19:5505/06/18
01/19/17

What is the difference between an Epic Tournament and a Legendary One?  How do we know to participate in tournaments that will give us more points faster, for example?

And when is it wise to use power boosts or Experience boosts to get more points?

Finally, do you get points in a tournament just for using Fireships against targets, which is the lazy a*s*s way to attack?

Navigator

Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
May 6, 2018, 20:1605/06/18
03/07/16

You keep asking for simple solutions and deterministic recipes on how to play. Doesn't work like that. You have the data and you need to decide what works best for you. We can explain how some part of the game works, but making your strategy for you... why would you even play a game that would require you to only follow a straight path laid by someone else?

Navigator said:

What is the difference between an Epic Tournament and a Legendary One? How do we know to participate in tournaments that will give us more points faster, for example?

As for anything else, look at the rewards and how many points you need for them, then decide for yourself if they're worth it or not.

Navigator said:

And when is it wise to use power boosts or Experience boosts to get more points?

Obviously: they're useful for experience tournaments during which you plan to do large hits. For non-exp tournaments (like PvP, prizes, etc), the exp. boosts are useless, since they are not relying on the exp.

Navigator said:

Finally, do you get points in a tournament just for using Fireships against targets, which is the lazy a*s*s way to attack?

Depending on the tournament. For PvPs and Exp. hunts, sure. For Progres push or Upgrade tournaments, obviously not.

May 7, 2018, 19:0605/07/18
01/19/17

OK< so how do you read the reward pop up?  show me a screenshot and explain pls.  what do all those numbers mean above the icons of rewards you get, whether rubies, or pearls, or ships, or barrels, or what?  how many points do i have to score to get what?  >
CrowbarModerator
May 7, 2018, 22:1205/07/18
03/07/16

So, this is a tournament where we hit prizes (click "Info" to see more details, i.e., what you need to do/hit to gain points). I currently have 1k points.

For rubies, my 1k points will get me the reward number 13 out of 27 of them, which is 125 rubies. I now have 302 out of 500 points needed to get the next level for rubies, which will be +15 rubies more (so, to get that, I need 500-302 = 198 points more).

For Brigs or MOWs (I'll be able to pick one), my 1k points will get me the reward number 5 out of 18, which'll give me 25 Brigs or 50 MOWs, and I need 302 out of 500 points needed for the next one (so, 198 points for either +5 Brigs or +10 MOWs more).

Etc.

So, if I get 500-302 = 198 points more, I'll get 125+15 = 140 rubies, 25+5 = 30 Brigs or 50+10 = 60 MOWs, but the same three barrels I'm already supposed to get (for +1 more, I need 1300-602 = 698 points more than I have), etc.

You can also see that it's a solo tournament ("You are on your own..." text below the buttons), so only your score matters. For BH tournaments, this window will tell you how many points you need to "qualify", meaning to receive the rewards that depend on the sum of your BH's points. There is also a multiplier one (with those long progress bar with check points like "2x", "4x") where you collect the points on your own, but the rewards get multiplies by the value from that progress bar (which depends on BH's total score). In that case, the rewards shown in the window I just explained will already have been multiplied by that factor.

May 9, 2018, 00:5705/09/18
01/19/17

Gr8, that helps.

Navigator