All Categories

Brotherhood Flag Update

How to join our moderation team?

Brotherhood Flag Update

Ahoy Captain!

As ever I am here to support you in building your empire across the Seven Seas, but I must also ensure resources are carefully managed. That's why I bear news that it is no longer possible to make requests for the creation of Unique Broterhood Flags.

Do not let this hold you back. Continue to take the fight to your enemies!

Piratically yers,
Captain "Bonnie" Anne O'Malley 

Views
Comments
Jun 7, 2023, 10:5106/07/23
Jun 7, 2023, 18:2706/07/23
04/24/16

i see no point to play here anymore, only disapointment

Jun 9, 2023, 23:0406/09/23
02/20/17

I'm sure with that plethora of BH's qualifying and sending in request the resources must be astronomically high. (eyeroll)

Jun 12, 2023, 12:4206/12/23
08/20/16

I'm guessing that Plarium is trying to avoid conflict between the "woke" culture and normal people. I wouldn't be surprised if some newbies were requesting "equity" in a game of warring pirate factions. I've been happily playing for several years now and didn't know that customized brotherhood flags were available. I'm not going to lose any sleep over them not being available now.

Snidely Whiplash

(P.S. Bonnie, if a few thousand barrels o rum were to suddenly appear on the shores of yer haven, would you be amenable to a custom flag o' Canada? 😈)

Jun 16, 2023, 09:4106/16/23
09/23/22

Sometimes, and it gets more each week you could think that Plarium wants to kill the game! For what reason you stop the unique flag??? And why can older brotherhood have such flags and the new ones not even get the chance for !??

For me it is no wonder that so many longtime player left and will leave this game

CrowbarModerator
Jun 16, 2023, 11:1006/16/23
03/07/16

When my BH got this flag (the first one on s2, so a long time ago), there was some back and forth between our leader and Plarium, and Plarium's graphic designers were involved, presumably to keep the quality in sync with the rest of the game. One can complain a lot about the state of the game itself, but the graphic elements were always impeccable.

I can only assume that the company decided to remove this to take some burden off of their Designers, but I honestly don't know how much work we're talking about here. It seems low to me, but I really don't know.

Also, the feature was never well advertised. I only ever found it on some very old wiki, and nowhere else.

Jun 24, 2023, 18:0006/24/23
02/03/18

it's not like this game is making them money.. they got their hands full as it is.. 

I missed it, that was a real thing? For how long, after you qualified for a flag.. did it cost money to get it? 

I just noticed the missive about the Flags. LOL.. from finding out to don't need to worry about it anymore all in same day..  don't forget to Honor Your Flags.. Yarrr

judging by so few comments in 17 days  not many even noticed.

CrowbarModerator
Jun 24, 2023, 21:1206/24/23
03/07/16

The forum is not very active and "few comments" actually means that many noticed. 😁

As for "cost", not directly. Custom flag was obtained if after you got certain achievements. You can find more details here (it currently seems down, but it should be back up at some point).

Jul 3, 2023, 08:3907/03/23
02/20/17

It'll never get alive, nor Plarium will see any better days ahead ... I been a Graphics Designer myself 4 years ago and around my place that is one of the cheapest IT works. If Plarium fails to effort that, I dont know ... well, as a gamer, I seen that it's always the same for every company. (good business), one doesn't want to expense more than what they earn.

And these browser based games are very low budget games than one might have imagine. But their shop offers ... wow just wow they put 30$'s price on a package containing stuffs to grow just a little fast .... While real big budget PC games stuggles to sell their game EXPANSION (new map, new class, new dungeons/raids, world boss) pack for just 30$(with discount) to a player (permanantly).

It's too simple for them to lie and get away, as almost all of their loyal players are very old, retired persons(not possible for them to know how gaming industry works). They been Plarium's target customers, so that some questions always stay in blur, why some bugs are fixed and some never being fixed (making it a part of the game) ...

When you'll see they giving away in game money currency (rubies for Pirates) for free to all (Brawl, TI for Pirates) with some extremely easy tasks. Remember that action is done by every single game developer when the game lost it's real population ... whatever we see now, are mostly fakes. Which means our game's real population was destroyed back in 2020 ... it been decreasing ever since 2017/18 probably.

Making bots and not getting caught is quiet imposible at big budget PC games as there's bit too much actions what bot can not handle like a human. For games like these (Pirates), tell me what's the difference between a bot and human player ? how do we distinguish them ?

CrowbarModerator
Jul 3, 2023, 09:2807/03/23
03/07/16
For games like these (Pirates), tell me what's the difference between a bot and human player ? how do we distinguish them ?

That's a good question. We (the players) usually notice bots when we see a bunch of practically identical accounts grouped together (on the map and/or in a BH) growing at almost identical rate. There is no way that different people (or a single live person playing alts) would be that much in sync.

The other telltale sign is heavy reliance on Prizes with little or no points in other areas, with meteoric rise in Prizes-based events like Brawls.

None of these guarantee botting, of course. The whole point of bots is automation of the actions that humans can do, but are too dull / time consuming /... for humans to do on a massive scale, especially with the need to jump between multiple accounts (particularly important for building fresh accounts in parallel, when builds last only minutes).

Jul 4, 2023, 08:3707/04/23
Jul 4, 2023, 08:56(edited)
02/20/17

The main diffirence between bot and human player at every single game is ... creativity. And there's not much space for being creative in this game ... although it's a strategy game but I see very less strategy in PVP (and even though if someone's better in strategy it dosn't matter) ... the game promote having just raw power and brute force to work out (stats/number of accounts/power) which also helps the idea of having bots ...

And why we blame now ? If script is something what Plarium allowed from the beginning and some specific teams owned the game, cheating with all (With help of scripts). Now it just got a new russian face and doing it overwelmingly, well I'll say they helping the game too, making the population grow (unethically/fake population) which some other scripter have reduced in the past (real population) ...

It sounds crazy indeed ... where every ethical games ask players to report if they see any scripter suspect inside the game (after monitoring them, they'll get permanant ban) It is considered cheating no matter where you go ... And here, we are playing with scripters freely, trying to compair between them ... and some even admiring them (wow) ... as if people not came to play a game here but to learn software engineering ?? Automation, QA, these are also cheap IT works around my place. Nothing too special to be honest.

CrowbarModerator
Jul 4, 2023, 10:4907/04/23
03/07/16

Like you said, "Pirates" is not a strategy game. It's a battle of wallets really.

Why now? Because it's rampant. I've heard stories of RuAL, but I wasn't on s1 at the time, so I don't know much about that. If the stories are true, they were more subtle about it (fewer accounts and BHs than we are seeing now) and there was indeed a lot of noise about it from the players (left unresolved, from what I hear).

I am unaware of any bots on s2 and s3 until now. I know you think that your enemies - including my team - used this, but I am as sure as I can be that no one was botting here. Outside my BH, there were some suspicions about one player (who left a long time ago), but he commanded loads of accounts for his own farming, not as a united army to attack others. That's it. No real botting, to the best of my knowledge.

This time around, we're talking about thousands of accounts that pop up at the same time around all three maps, and they did so in several waves (each time hundreds or even thousands of accounts). So, all maps + way more accounts at once = much higher visibility = more noise from the players.

Jul 4, 2023, 12:4407/04/23
02/20/17

Have you already forgotten Fred and his BH "Alternative" ? that was the first legal bot service provided by plarium I think. So that means Fred knew someone who could help him(with bots) someone who been doing it along working with Plarium (secretly) earlier ... now who works with Plarium?

And come on, we, who got knowledge on this, it's not like a bot can not be played manually ...  Indeed we call it bots cause it works by just double clicking a script file but that dosn't mean that account can not be accessed manually by a player. (It can act like a human too whenver needed)

And wait, my enemies? (Asking me to be personal ?!) Since when I ever tried to build an empire? Being a solo player is my way. But by my knowledge, I never heard of any moderator's team at Plarium not causing trouble with others/not showing off to be no.1/not trying to rule people of the servers(both Origin and FB servers). And they always had support from Plarium and so they too returns the favor by supporting them ...

Didn't want to be personal ... just saying there's no point blaming Plarium now. The wrong was done from the very beginning, and you all supported that ... there's no making it right anymore.

CrowbarModerator
Jul 4, 2023, 14:2607/04/23
03/07/16
Have you already forgotten Fred and his BH "Alternative"?

That's the player I referred to. I vaguely remember "Alternative", but I don't remember them actually doing anything, except being big.

So that means Fred knew someone who could help him(with bots) someone who been doing it along working with Plarium (secretly) earlier ...

You don't need help for that. The game is a Flash script and you can disassemble it and read the not-too-cryptical code (variable names get lost, but the rest is clear).

You can also trace its server requests and mimic them.

A skilled developer with too much free time on their hands (I might be the former, but I am definitely not the latter) could figure it out.

That's why I don't like the suggestions that Plarium is behind it, while also admitting that it is possible (just not a certainty - or even very likely - as many try to present it).

now who works with Plarium?

Not sure who you are alluding to. If me, I do not. I am a forum mod. No privileges in the game whatsoever.

And come on, we, who got knowledge on this, it's not like a bot can not be played manually ...  Indeed we call it bots cause it works by just double clicking a script file but that dosn't mean that account can not be accessed manually by a player. (It can act like a human too whenver needed)

I did say that, didn't I? "The whole point of bots is automation of the actions that humans can do [...]". Yes, there is no such thing as "bot accounts". All accounts are ordinary, but some people use bots to help them run theirs on a massive scale.

A player with a single account run by a bot would not be an issue at all, IMO. The only issue is that bots make it waaay more massive than a single human could do, thus giving its owner true advantage for no money and no effort.

And wait, my enemies? (Asking me to be personal ?!)

It was not my intention to be personal. You expressed negative feelings to my BH (and many others) before, and many of those who consider(ed) us enemies were spreading and believing in wild stories (not just botting, "scripting", but also being Plarium employees, our leader being Plarium/Kabam owner, all of us being only one person, our leader being super-rich and buying us practically unlimited rubies, etc).

That's the only reason why I mentioned it, as I expect you to share some of these suspicions. But, in all honesty, I am really unaware of any bot usage on s2 and s3 prior to the current flood of bots, except the suspitions about Fred (who is long gone and I don't know of his BH(s?) mass hitting anyone). I could just be unaware because he never went after my BH (I think he was an ally). I am not big on map politics.

The wrong was done from the very beginning, and you all supported that ...

I never supported botting. I even opposed running alts, and only got mine after they were made legal (I took one from a friend, to ease the load on him).

Jul 4, 2023, 16:0507/04/23
Jul 4, 2023, 18:56(edited)
02/20/17

As far I knew, Fred bought them ... they were sold to him by someone, he not had the skill to write script.

well, I not call on any team names while mentioning plarium's flaw, did I? Is it not you who trying to poke? Then let me tell you who speaks those wild stories ... 2 kinds of people does that

Firstly, those who fought your kind (moderator's team) and got more than enough battle reports and found unusual competitions ... you shall not deny that moderators get all the first hand game tips directly, and then they decide wather to share it with players or not, no ? (they choose to share with their friends first obviously)

And secondly, bit weird but yeah, I found some crazy people who loves calling bad things to self from their own alts .... wather to make people afraid of them or maybe they want to make friendship with own enemies by using these alts?? I do not know. But guess those alts just pretending to be your team's enemy.

Now those are the two types, one who speaks from true experience, and another who just making a hype (your friends maybe) ...

And so the audience get confused of what to think of your group that way ... but I am a confident person. I already gave hints, it's a game made with very low budget but asking people to fight and spend as if it's a million $ game. Being unethical, trying to fool people with words, was always in it's root.

CrowbarModerator
Jul 4, 2023, 19:5807/04/23
03/07/16
Firstly, those who fought your kind (moderator's team) and got more than enough battle reports and found unusual competitions ... you shall not deny that moderators get all the first hand game tips directly, and then they decide wather to share it with players or not, no ?

Of course I'll deny it. It was a lie the first time you claimed it and it still is. The most we get is "we'll announce tomorrow that... [new Prizes levels or Presidios or something similar]". I don't even know what kind of info would give a moderator competitive advantage, and I equally help allies, complete strangers, and in-game opponents.

Jul 5, 2023, 12:5507/05/23
02/20/17

yeah a lie ... but somehow the bug of raiding 100k (50k extra) is mostly done by you and another of your teammate (your friend) ... durring all these years other players got to know of it later ?? 

i

And check how many of your friends are in that top ten, some not in your team at the moment but was ex-team mate of yours (may have learned from past). And some ally of yours.

And by the way, arn't your team the one who used to yell that we do not keep blocks, we raid by fighting ? really ?? I raided by fighting for 2 years and when it's done honestly, I got to lose a lot of raids, got to make fail attempts a lot of times (less than 100k raid), Nothing is certain at raid when not holding the block by self. But your kind never failing on anything while saying we do not keep blocks, we fight ... nice.

No point anymore talking with you if you dare call me a liar. Obviously you support "scripting on a game" which is banned globaly. Good luck serving your game. I shall find better games to waste time on.

Jul 5, 2023, 17:2507/05/23
Jul 5, 2023, 17:28(edited)
02/20/17

I shall add one more thing, the suspicion you said on Fred can not be true ... Fred was a clean player. He not used to make unecessary problem with everyone. And also used to spend behind this game with real money ....

But He had to quit too when his team got problem with your leader Rich (the original suspect to be the scripter) and somewhy Fred had to giveaway his accounts to one of your team's friend (ShadowDA) before quiting the game? (even suspicious) wasn't there anymore option? He could just simply let those account go down to the sea, why it had to be one of your friend who grabs them?

and yet you point finger on me? great. Go ahead, tell them to use Shadow ban on me (probably done that to many players before), people may not know what's shadow ban, let me explain.

Shadow ban is a type of ban where you may speak but no one in the game will see your chats (BH chat/World Chat/Parrots/App messages, nor you will see anymore private messages from anyone (parrots/app messages) if they send you, eventually the player feels alone(which is fake) and quits.

CrowbarModerator
Jul 5, 2023, 20:5407/05/23
03/07/16

I discovered the raiding trick by myself, years before becoming a mod. When I later asked about it, I was told that it's considered a feature, and therefore won't be "fixed".

I won't respond to the remaining conspiracy theory nonsense.

Jul 6, 2023, 10:5207/06/23
12/30/14

HAHA Plarium ban custom BH flags, after their friends, Blockbuster, get their custom flag. 

I heard all the rumours when Blockbuster joined server 2. You just comfirmed them lol

CrowbarModerator
Jul 6, 2023, 11:1407/06/23
03/07/16

What makes Blockbusters "friends of Plarium"? 🤔

Blockbusters also play on s3, with the same leader as on s2, but they have an ordinary flag there. Sooo... not friends on s3, but besties on s2, with the company that's running it all? 😂