Jul 1, 2019, 11:4707/01/19
05/21/19

Game Improvements

Update News!

Check Out the New Features Now!

Ahoy there, Captains!

We’ve fixed some bugs and made the following important update:

- New Prize Levels available

- New Brotherhood Tournament Mechanics: Brotherhood Members that reach the minimum Points required will only get Rewards for their Ranking position. Players now need to cross Point Milestones to get the Rewards for reaching Milestones

- New Envoy report added to inform players which Captain has cast out another Captain from the Brotherhood

- Fixed the display of Brotherhood Bastions on the Dominion Map

- Fixed the display of your Brotherhood's Diplomatic Status with other Brotherhoods in the Diplomacy section of the ""My Brotherhood"" tab

Arrh, that's enough chatter for now, Captains - get yerselves on deck and unfurl the main, I can hear cannons in the distance!

Piratically yours!

Captain ""Bonnie"" Anne O'Malley"

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 8, 2019, 19:5207/08/19
01/16/16

Hi. Could you elaborate a little bit more about this line :

- New Brotherhood Tournament Mechanics: Brotherhood Members that reach the minimum Points required will only get Rewards for their Ranking position. Players now need to cross Point Milestones to get the Rewards for reaching Milestones

I uderstand you're trying to keep game rules secret but I'll ask anyway...

CrowbarModerator
Jul 9, 2019, 21:4807/09/19
03/07/16

@clemberto, to tell you the truth, I don't understand it exactly myself, and I'm trying to find out. I hope to be able to respond with a proper explanation in a day or two.

CrowbarModerator
Jul 10, 2019, 16:0707/10/19
Aug 10, 2019, 20:25(edited)
03/07/16

It seems I finally understand how is this supposed to work.

Let's say we have a BH tournament (we don't right now). For rewards related to score, it behaves as a solo tournament, but for those extras we get when the BH is ranked - say - 3rd of all BHs, we get those rewards if we only get over the minimum.

So, in this finished BH upgrade tournament:

https://prnt.sc/ocj3h1

I got ships, boosts, etchings,... from my own score, but also 1.5k rubies, 3 pearls, and something with a broken image (Davy Jones' Chest) from BH's ranking.

(the above is wrong; please scroll down for the correct version)

Jul 10, 2019, 18:0707/10/19
08/29/15
Dont understand what your saying  what are we loosing ?
CrowbarModerator
Jul 10, 2019, 19:4707/10/19
Aug 10, 2019, 20:26(edited)
03/07/16

mica said:

Dont understand what your saying  what are we loosing ?

It used to be that you get all the rewards according to your BH's score as soon as you get the required minimum + anything that comes from BH's rank.

Now, you get the rewards that you yourself earn + anything that comes from BH's rank.

Let's say you are in a BH alone with 5 heavy hitters who got 100k points each, and you got only 1k points. The BH total is 501k points. You used to get rewards for full 501k points, and now you'll get them only for 1k (plus anything that comes from your BH's ranking; that part didn't change).

This is bad news for smaller players in strong BHs who used to get nice rewards from their stronger mates' work.

(the above is wrong; please scroll down for the correct version)

Jul 10, 2019, 23:1707/10/19
08/29/15

Ok i understand now they are  always taking away more and more every chance they get ,getting tired of this game.

Thanks for your time

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 11, 2019, 09:1607/11/19
05/21/19

mica said:

Ok i understand now they are  always taking away more and more every chance they get ,getting tired of this game.

Thanks for your time

Hello, Mica!

I understand your point. However, we would like to see all Players active and interested. And also we strive for equality as we think that it's not quite fair if one Player contributes 250 points and another Player contributes 500 points, but they both get the same rewards. Don't you think so? 
CrowbarModerator
Jul 11, 2019, 14:3107/11/19
03/07/16

Alina said:

I understand your point. However, we would like to see all Players active and interested. And also we strive for equality as we think that it's not quite fair if one Player contributes 250 points and another Player contributes 500 points, but they both get the same rewards. Don't you think so? 

I don't think so.

If my BH feels I'm exploiting it, they'll ask me to participate more. If I don't, they can (and probably will) kick me. Whether my participation is fair or not, should really be my BH's call, not Plarium's.

The old scoring method was a way for bigger members to help out the weaker ones, and my leadership - for example - was keen on doing so. Every now and then we'd get a parrot saying "we're #1 with all the rewards, please make sure you participate to get the goodies".

And even if you want to discuss "quite fair", in some situations (obviously, not all of them) it is completely fair. For example, if someone's participation is low because they lost a lot of units on previous tournaments and are now rebuilding. It's not always the case, of course, but - again - it is possible and it should be brotherhood's call, and Plarium would only profit from getting such players quickly back on their feet.

Also, someone joining the game now has to struggle to catch up with those of us who have been playing for over half a decade. So, again, if a BH wants new blood, why not let them to help out the new members?

Last, but not least, given that the ranking awards are often given for just 20 or so top BHs, for most of the players this effectively terminates BH tournaments, making them all solo. That's not really great for a game that's supposed to be based on cooperation. It also, in my opinion, discourages small BHs to carry on and players to join such BHs, which means that such BHs will have even harder time growing up. What's the point in joining, if it's the same as playing solo? (not saying that this'll kill the game, yadda-yadda,... but that it is a factor against not-top players and BHs, which is rarely a good thing)

Jul 11, 2019, 15:0607/11/19
Jul 11, 2019, 15:08(edited)
08/29/15

Crowbar nice reply  that what i think to .

Now there cutting the fat in advantage  that BH give you  making harder and more costly to get back on your feet.

For me its getting to the tipping point  if i continue are not  .

But it doesnt  relly matter  i dont spend much anymore this game is getting to rich for me if i want to be competitive middle of the pack

player.

Jul 11, 2019, 17:3507/11/19
09/20/15
i as one of the long term players that work these tournaments( to help the smaller players in our bh) think this is one step to far by plarium, it is not fair for all the reasons stated by crowbar and more, why do they keep making this game harder and harder
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 16, 2019, 12:1107/16/19
05/21/19

Crowbar said:

Alina said:

I don't think so.

If my BH feels I'm exploiting it, they'll ask me to participate more. If I don't, they can (and probably will) kick me. Whether my participation is fair or not, should really be my BH's call, not Plarium's.

The old scoring method was a way for bigger members to help out the weaker ones, and my leadership - for example - was keen on doing so. Every now and then we'd get a parrot saying "we're #1 with all the rewards, please make sure you participate to get the goodies".

And even if you want to discuss "quite fair", in some situations (obviously, not all of them) it is completely fair. For example, if someone's participation is low because they lost a lot of units on previous tournaments and are now rebuilding. It's not always the case, of course, but - again - it is possible and it should be brotherhood's call, and Plarium would only profit from getting such players quickly back on their feet.

Also, someone joining the game now has to struggle to catch up with those of us who have been playing for over half a decade. So, again, if a BH wants new blood, why not let them to help out the new members?

Last, but not least, given that the ranking awards are often given for just 20 or so top BHs, for most of the players this effectively terminates BH tournaments, making them all solo. That's not really great for a game that's supposed to be based on cooperation. It also, in my opinion, discourages small BHs to carry on and players to join such BHs, which means that such BHs will have even harder time growing up. What's the point in joining, if it's the same as playing solo? (not saying that this'll kill the game, yadda-yadda,... but that it is a factor against not-top players and BHs, which is rarely a good thing)

Hello, Crowbar!

Thanks for sharing your opinion with me. I really appreciate it  

I see that there is much debate about the new mechanics, so, I'll make sure to forward your feedback to the game team. However, what we see at the moment, our community is pretty interested in the new mechanics and the level of participation is high. 

But as I said, I'll forward your feedback to the team. Let me know if any questions, please, and good luck in the Seven Seas! 

CrowbarModerator
Jul 16, 2019, 16:0907/16/19
03/07/16

Alina said:

I see that there is much debate about the new mechanics,...

Not here.  Two players responded to the above and they both agree with me. Are players somewhere else expressing that they like the new mechanics?

Alina said:

I'll make sure to forward your feedback to the game team.

Thank you.

Jul 18, 2019, 17:3907/18/19
08/29/15

There is no much debate its palarium trying to get more money  thats it .

And the game is tilted so much for big players who spend lots money  its not even funny  using equality  has a reason.

Jul 30, 2019, 18:0507/30/19
07/12/19

Regarding current Prizes tournaments, the rewards are still shared among all bh members (500pts min for qualifying, which is greater than it used to be but still low).

Regarding PvP, if Crowbar is right, well... lets pass on these tourneys (unless your bh is ranked 1st or 2nd eheh)...

CrowbarModerator
Aug 8, 2019, 06:4408/08/19
03/07/16

yiippp said:

Regarding current Prizes tournaments, the rewards are still shared among all bh members (500pts min for qualifying, which is greater than it used to be but still low).

Regarding PvP, if Crowbar is right, well... lets pass on these tourneys (unless your bh is ranked 1st or 2nd eheh)...

You're right. My description above doesn't work for BH Prize tournaments (I just tried it). I don't remember seeing a BH PvP tournament for a while, so I cannot check that.

CrowbarModerator
Aug 10, 2019, 20:2408/10/19
03/07/16

After my previous message, I asked again about the above, and the new CM then asked further. It turns out that the above was a misunderstanding in communication somewhere from devs to us.

So, in reality, what's really changed is the participation points. It used to be 250 (I think), but now it depends on the tournament. That's it. The rest seems to be similar to before (i.e., exactly how the last two Prizes tournaments worked).

Apologies for the confusion.