Banking in Prizes(New)

Banking in Prizes(New)

Search
How to join our moderation team?
New Gift Code! Grab your rewards now!
Mar 27, 2017, 07:3903/27/17
11/06/14

Banking in Prizes(New)

Just to Summarize the previous thread. Unless you're willing to read all 6 pages here we go:

Brethren and Pardond units are worth half of their normal unit counter parts.

Dark Corsairs, Gear and Dread units have a unknown value when doing prizes.

Black Corsair and Safe Havens do have a difference in strength compared to Sea Forts and Caravels. With the latter being more powerful.

The Bank is the resource value of the troops you receive, resources plus interest. The interest many of us go by is 12% The better the unit the higher the resource value ex..Jug = 25k or a maurader = 300 To figure out your bank you take the number of units * resource value + interest = bank.

Certain in game items can boost the power of your troops - relics, potions, knowledge, 10 or 20 defense or offense boost, 50/50 both def and off, and Prestige. Excluding potions and knowledge the other items generally have a time limit from 4 hours - 30 days(max) they're good for.

You don't necessarily have to spend money to get giant fleets. If you plan your participation in tournaments right you can win in game items and rubies, without spending a cent. But some of us do like the added edge or just don't have a cap on their budget.

Most prizes give you some sort of small payout to give you the ability to keep going but if you bank enough you'll get a large payout. Those small payouts though are part of your bank. Offense will always have a higher value than its defense counter part ex Sub v Jug - Sub 7500, Jug 25k or Maurader 300 v Bonnie 120. Many have different outlooks on it but to equate which troop to use: time to produce + resource value + comparable value in def and/or offense stats.

From what players have noticed doing your highest level prize does reduce your payout because you get pearls

Depending on your resources in your warehouses, this can effect your payout of troops. Its best to have 80-100% of your warehouses full to avoid getting resources and more troops.

Doing prizes is the only way to feed your bank. Doing adventures, pvp or basically any loss of troops outside of prizes does not help you with your bank.

Personal suggestion - join a BH they'll help you learn. If they don't then leave and find another one that actually will help you grow. As BH leaders its more beneficial to us that you know what you're doing

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 31, 2017, 09:1203/31/17
02/20/17

Pardon me to ask but are you 100% sure that pardonned units have half value?

i never saw it comfirmed by Anne bonnie i think

thx :)
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 31, 2017, 09:1703/31/17
09/17/15
They have a certain value, but we cannot tell you any exact information.
Mar 31, 2017, 09:5103/31/17
02/20/17

Also what about the value of black sail? do we know?

Apr 3, 2017, 11:0304/03/17
11/06/14

taggg1008 said:

Pardon me to ask but are you 100% sure that pardonned units have half value?

i never saw it comfirmed by Anne bonnie i think

This information has not been confirmed by Anne Bonnie or any CM. However thru player research that's what veteran players have found.

For your second question. From my understanding it should be the same cost listed as what it takes to build.

The benefit to Veteran units as you can see is a reduced cost in resources but also the ability to build double the number of the same class of troop at the same time. In this screen it would be fleet. Downside it costs rubies. If you're working in the lighthouse I suggest using regular units at least you know EXACTLY what each unit is worth.cough cough*Better than the unknown value a certain CM won't tell us* cough cough ;)
Apr 11, 2017, 17:3804/11/17
08/13/16
I have in the bank over 100 million in resources and my highest payouts on the large scale is roughly around 45 mil to 50 mil. IDK how the payouts work as to when the system decides to give you a big 1 but I can tell you that after getting a big payout I would most of the time use it all up and end up not getting a large pay out. So the bank never pays me out in full and is always holding like 50 mil worth of resources from me after a large payout. So I end up getting stuck and cant do anything until I get more troops to be able to knock down some more prizes. For the more experienced players on prizes I would like to know at higher levels (I am on 75 highest level done) does the bank ever pay you out in full or are you always in the hole like me after a large payout? When I do my prizes my warehouse is fully stocked so I only get units. If that is something someone wanted to know from me, and also I use only white sails. I only use brethren in emergencies when I almost knocked down a prize and it has very little units left and I have no other units to use except those. I am getting really frustrated with the prize game seeing how the payouts are not paying me back anywhere close to what I have put in it.
Apr 12, 2017, 14:2904/12/17
Apr 12, 2017, 14:40(edited)
02/20/17

If I understand correctly, using units pardoned in missions is a punishment and not a benefit? maybe the bank too calculates the consumption of rum 

Apr 13, 2017, 10:5804/13/17
09/17/15
PeA said:

maybe the bank too calculates the consumption of rum 

I don't think so 
Apr 19, 2017, 08:4904/19/17
11/06/14

Xike said:

I have in the bank over 100 million in resources and my highest payouts on the large scale is roughly around 45 mil to 50 mil. IDK how the payouts work as to when the system decides to give you a big 1 but I can tell you that after getting a big payout I would most of the time use it all up and end up not getting a large pay out. So the bank never pays me out in full and is always holding like 50 mil worth of resources from me after a large payout. So I end up getting stuck and cant do anything until I get more troops to be able to knock down some more prizes. For the more experienced players on prizes I would like to know at higher levels (I am on 75 highest level done) does the bank ever pay you out in full or are you always in the hole like me after a large payout? When I do my prizes my warehouse is fully stocked so I only get units. If that is something someone wanted to know from me, and also I use only white sails. I only use brethren in emergencies when I almost knocked down a prize and it has very little units left and I have no other units to use except those. I am getting really frustrated with the prize game seeing how the payouts are not paying me back anywhere close to what I have put in it.

I'd suggest going higher, and keep doing prizes on the higher side rather than lower ones. Only drop down when you can't go up anymore. A second thing I've noticed in my own experience is to start your lighthouse run in the high 30s to 40s. You get very little back to advance. On whether the bank pays your bank in full I've noticed 75- 150% in payments. As long as the payment is in one shot though
Apr 24, 2017, 18:0204/24/17
Apr 24, 2017, 18:03(edited)
02/20/17

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

PeA said:

maybe the bank too calculates the consumption of rum 

I don't think so 
  • "Pardon me to ask but are you 100% sure that pardonned units have half value?"
  • If this is true maybe...  

• Gumboat: 2500 + 1500 + 1000 = 5000
  • Veteran Gumboat: 750 + 450 + 300 =1500

• Now well...
  • pardoned Gumboat: 2500 + 1500 + 1000 =5000 (has same resources?)
  • pardoned Veteran Gumboat: 750 + 450 + 300 =1500 (has same resources?)
  • Maybe an average of both resources
  • Gumboat + Veteran Gumboat: 6500%2= 3250 (?)
  • This would approach to "pardonned units have half value" 
Apr 25, 2017, 11:1104/25/17
09/17/15
Pea, unfortunately, I can't tell you what is the Unit value. I can only tell you that all Units have a certain value at Prizes.
May 4, 2017, 10:2905/04/17
11/06/14
Because our lovely CM won't tell us the true value, I would suggest believing they have a maximum value of a veteran unit whether its a brethren or pardond unit. If you want full value use regular units. 
May 5, 2017, 03:4905/05/17
May 5, 2017, 03:49(edited)
01/26/15

Alyona,

Last year you shared a "secret" of the lighthouse with us. The secret was that bretheren units do count toward your bank account. Should we assume that you were telling the truth and they are worth 100% as much as regular units? or was this a "half-truth" where bretheren units are worth less than regular units?
CrowbarModerator
May 5, 2017, 06:3705/05/17
03/07/16

Smitten said:

Last year you shared a "secret" of the lighthouse with us. The secret was that bretheren units do count toward your bank account. Should we assume that you were telling the truth and they are worth 100% as much as regular units? or was this a "half-truth" where bretheren units are worth less than regular units?

It wasn't a half-truth: they do count, but she has always maintained that she can't say how valued. So, yes, it is possible that they are worth less.

May 5, 2017, 12:5805/05/17
May 5, 2017, 13:01(edited)
01/26/15

My 12 year old son tells me that he did his homework, and when I check he has not completed parts b, c, and f. At the time, Alyona only said that bretheren units count.

So Crowbar, a man who identified himself as the leader of Phoenix bh told me that he reverse-engineered the lighthouse.Maybe you can share some of the findings with us in order to level the playing field.

CrowbarModerator
May 5, 2017, 13:0205/05/17
03/07/16

Smitten said:

My 12 year old son tells me that he did his homework, and when I check he has not completed parts b, c, and f.

"Finished homework" means "finished the whole homework". "Share a secret about something" does not mean "share all the secrets".

Smitten said:

So Crowbar, a man who identified himself as the leader of Phoenix bh told me that he reverse-engineered the lighthouse.Maybe you can share some of the findings with us in order to level the playing field.
Why don't you ask him?
May 5, 2017, 13:1905/05/17
May 5, 2017, 13:19(edited)
01/26/15

There are a hidden web of connections in this game that explain a lot about everyone's attitudes. 

I would like someone from Plarium to tell us what caused Pirates and Stormfall to be moved off of the Kabam servers.

May 5, 2017, 14:4005/05/17
01/26/15

Crowbar,

It was unfair of me to pin that on you. You know where I am going with all of this. Plarium has done little to balance out a very unlevel playing field for lighthouse prizes. So now the game has been turned into a lighthouse competition...and they keep increasing the number of levels.
CrowbarModerator
May 5, 2017, 18:2705/05/17
03/07/16

I wholeheartedly disagree with Plarium's "we won't tell you a thing" policy. Can't make strategy if you don't know how the system works, and I haven't seen this level of secrecy in other company's strategic games. I admit I have no idea how the prizes work (beyond the general concept of bank), nor do I bother much with them.

May 5, 2017, 19:0005/05/17
11/06/14
If you guys want to really figure it out my best suggestion is to only use brethren units in the lighthouse, while keeping track of your banks. Thats really the only way to figure it out. Or because that method is a bit slower instead of brethren units use pardond units. 
May 28, 2017, 15:5505/28/17
06/03/14

Crowbar said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with Plarium's "we won't tell you a thing" policy. Can't make strategy if you don't know how the system works, and I haven't seen this level of secrecy in other company's strategic games. I admit I have no idea how the prizes work (beyond the general concept of bank), nor do I bother much with them.

They tell us enough.  Those that like to figure it out don't mind the secrecy, they actually relish in it.