All Categories

Why throw suicide troops at Presidios or Bastions during Events?

Search
How to join our moderation team?
May 30, 2019, 18:1005/30/19
01/19/17

What exactly do you get for sending in suicide troops to attack well defended Presidios or Bastions during events for those?  Why not keep your units and attack a real "killable" enemy BH target where you won't get annihilated and you will still get plenty of PVP pts?  I just don't get sending say 10,000 mauds to be slaughtered against an enemy presidio ==> it has to be the dumbest action one can take in this game, yet a lot of nutjobs do it regularly.
Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
May 30, 2019, 20:2305/30/19
03/07/16

Selfishly looking at it, you're right, it's pointless. The purpose is to whittle down the defences so that stronger players can break through them (at all or more easily with higher kill count).

I'd like to point out that 10k Marauders is a small suicide wave (600k-1.5M off, depending on your upgrades/items/relics/prestige). It is a small sacrifice. You can train that in 18 days (550 per day).

In my BH, we require 5+ million (3M for small missions). Each wave can have 3 players, so 3*5M = 15M. That does do some damage and wins some points. A 150 members BH can have 40+ of those waves, which is 40*15M = 600M hits (doesn't work exactly like 600M because they don't hit at once, but they still hurt defenders). Then, when the big guns hit in the end, the defences are significantly weakened, so they sustain lower losses (for a player who sends 200+ million at once, revival will be expensive and any savings are welcome) while also killing more of the def than without suicides.

So, it boils down to this: do you play only for yourself or are you willing to do suboptimal hits (from your perspective) in order to help your BH. I'm not judging here, but I do advise you pick a BH that doesn't expect that kind of participation if you don't want to do it.

Jun 4, 2019, 23:1206/04/19
09/22/16
Also check the levels or who is hitting. If under level 50, one can pick up a ton of rubies for such a hit. It all depends on the tourney as well.
CrowbarModerator
Jun 5, 2019, 09:1606/05/19
03/07/16

Bonnie Kennedy said:

Also check the levels or who is hitting. If under level 50, one can pick up a ton of rubies for such a hit. It all depends on the tourney as well.

That's a good point. One can get points in as many as 3 tournaments at once and the small amount of points can be enough to participate in a BH tournament (for any level player), which should be quite good if the BH is doing a big takedown.

Losing 5M of expendable off to get a few hundred of Fleet off, maybe a Dread or too, plus some nice rubies, is not a bad deal (although, not "fiscally viable", but then again, almost the only "fiscally viable" thing is to not fight at all).