All Categories

Really slow

Really slow

Search
Comments
Jan 23, 2016, 15:0601/23/16
03/27/14

Nice information, i don't have the same issues loading the bloodpact, mine comes in more or less in the map while raiding or 

daily offerings while in full screen ....

this is where we are having the problem coming up with the right solution, certain players with different game issues

while some would agree with me, others would agree with you, 

then balancing the two...

Jan 23, 2016, 17:4201/23/16
Apr 25, 2020, 12:07(edited)

Blasphemy said:

Nice information, i don't have the same issues loading the bloodpact, mine comes in more or less in the map while raiding or 

this is where we are having the problem coming up with the right solution, certain players with different game issues

No, I'm talking universal issues with the game code. I'm using a programming tool that reports fps (frames per second), which helps troubleshoot underlying problems within the code. I'm not talking about loading bloodpacts either, just the behaviour and timing of the code loops while certain windows are open.

Jan 23, 2016, 18:4501/23/16
03/27/14

im sure you already shared this with the help desk.... hopefully they will look into more...

great work... we should recruit you into the plarium mod team, lol
DeletedCharacter
Jan 26, 2016, 11:2801/26/16

THS RavFour said:

Blasphemy said:

No, I'm talking universal issues with the game code. I'm using a programming tool that reports fps (frames per second), which helps troubleshoot underlying problems within the code. I'm not talking about loading bloodpacts either, just the behaviour and timing of the code loops while certain windows are open.

Greetings! Nice analytic, thank you! I bet that you are a QA Software Engineer, aren't you? What programs do you usually use for debugging? Just curious :) 

Jan 30, 2016, 05:1401/30/16
Scald the Bard said:

Greetings! Nice analytic, thank you! I bet that you are a QA Software Engineer, aren't you? What programs do you usually use for debugging? Just curious :) 

I've been involved with most phases of corporate software development. For 16 years I was a member of lean, six sigma software teams as a programmer and data analyst for a multinational marketing company. For the findings I discuss above I simply used an FPS (frames per second) browser tool, which clearly uncovers serious issues, but beyond that I have no flash debugging tools installed. If I did I would REALLY get to the bottom of it :)
DeletedCharacter
Feb 2, 2016, 16:2202/02/16
Feb 2, 2016, 16:23(edited)

THS RavFour said:

Scald the Bard said:

I've been involved with most phases of corporate software development. For 16 years I was a member of lean, six sigma software teams as a programmer and data analyst for a multinational marketing company. For the findings I discuss above I simply used an FPS (frames per second) browser tool, which clearly uncovers serious issues, but beyond that I have no flash debugging tools installed. If I did I would REALLY get to the bottom of it :)

Wow, amazing! 

The issue is that the Flash technologies consume the outstanding amount of RAM memory and running the game like Nords almost impossible, but somehow we are doing this. Nords are more complex then other games, so the fps drops are absolutely possible. 

Feb 3, 2016, 14:5602/03/16
03/27/14
Scald the Bard said:                                                                                                                                          The issue is that the Flash technologies consume the outstanding amount of RAM memory

haha i believe i said the same in a previous post and im no wizard when it comes to computers lol

Feb 5, 2016, 19:5202/05/16

Scald the Bard said:

The issue is that the Flash technologies consume the outstanding amount of RAM memory 

That is absolutely false to conclude that Nords lag is caused by that... you are merely repeating what the devs are telling you. I would not expect non-programmers to understand how my tests prove that point, so I'll leave out the tech talk from now on and continue to encourage players to complain about this huge problem. The dev team needs as much pressure put on them as possible, so I'll work to that end.

Feb 6, 2016, 03:1502/06/16
09/21/15

Well rav4 gotta agree with you on that.

I have done programming in past & based on my lil experience i can tell there is a whole lot of code where the standards were not met. I know flash do take lot of ram memory but there are lot of solutions to optimize the performance with less ram usage. 

I am sorry but i have to say the Q&A department of plarium is very very weak.

I can name few things that will really boost the performance of this game

1- Partial Blitting

2- Stage Blitting

3- Pool object (replace instead of garbage collectors)

4- Basic Display objects 

5- Reusing of objects instead of creating them again

6- Avoid Filters as much possible