All Categories

I'll never spend another dime on this game...

Search
Apr 7, 2022, 04:4604/07/22
04/07/22

Until  the  bots  are  completely  removed.  i  dont  mind  paying  to  support  the  devs,  you  guys  suckered  $25  outta  me  for  battle  pass  and  a  pilot.  Never  again.  the  bots  are  complete  garbage,  useless  on  your  team  and  overpowering on  the  opposing  team.  waste  of  money

and  people  have  been  complaining about  it  forever...  dont  give  these  guys  a  penny

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 7, 2022, 11:5304/07/22
12/28/21

overpowered is an understatement it's complete b******* what they're doing

Apr 7, 2022, 20:5304/07/22
Apr 8, 2022, 20:26(edited)
09/14/20

They  do  things  that  players  can't  

I  dont  need  the  sniper  wagling  only  on  certain  mechs  when  its  not  normal  feature  of  this  game,

I   don't  need  to  have  kill  shot  loose  it's  ramming  power  on  a  gaurdian  when  it's  the  bot,  and  the  bot's  kill  shot  can't  be  shut  down  the  same  way.

I  don't  need  the  mechs  to  see  behind  them  somehow  and  instantly  react.

I  don't  need  bots  to  show  up  onthe  spawn  point  where  no  one  should  be  able  to  see  me.

This  is  how  the  botscheat,  and  yes,  having  these  abilities  is  cheating.  If  the  player  could  instantly  react  to  behind  them before opponent shooting  or  without  players  seeing  them  and  spawn  into  a  point  where  the  offending  oponent  should  be  invisible  to  radar, they  would  be  modding  and  deemed  a  cheater.  So  yes,  the  bots  cheat.  

There  is  advanced  stuff  you  could  do,  but  only  good  players  should  have  access  to  instantly  turning  around  when  adot  on  radar  shows  up  and  guessing  that  a  player  might  be  at  your base  soon  since  the  dots  are  not  visable  there  is  a  missing  dot  at  a  certain  time.  But  its  worse

It  is  much  worse.

Stop  to  think  of  how  a  bot  would  know  what  bot  is  behind  you,  how  in  the  hell  should  a  bot  be  able  to  determine  threat.  For  all  it  knows  a  radar  dot  could  be  a  mech  that  can't  threaten  it  and  not  the  best  one  to  shoot  at  at  that  time.  No,  they act  like  a  hacker  who  knows  stuff  they  shouldn't.  

Not  only  that,  but  players  or  a  bot  that  has  the  timing  and  battle  flow  and  probability  feel  that  expressed  in  how  when  how  when  you  are  doing  things  acter  certain  things  have  happened  ina  batlle  where  you  know  that  if  you  have  your  mech  in  a  certain  area  with  certain  variables,  things  would  likely  happen,  and  you  know  that  if  you  where  in  a  spot  after  a  while  that  a  bunch  of  other  mehcs  might  surround  you  and  by  the  time  you  could  react  you  wont  be  able  to  escape  anymore  so  you  should  relocate  invisibly  and  kill  the  mechs  that  show  up  

A bunch  of  good  players  and  AIs  on  hard  mode  wont  make  the  same  choice  like  that  and  show  in  the  same  spot  in  the  same  way  with  probability  and  feel  skills  and  advanced  reaction  countering. Because  they  wouldn't  know  anything,  and  sometimes  you  need  to  decide  which  chance  to  take.

A hard  mode  aAI that  can  only  see  certain  things  would  only  make  certain  decisions  and  still  has  to  guess.  And  not  only  that,  but  it  might  try  to  make  the  best  strategic  decision  for  the  information  it  has,  meaning  that  during  an  objective  the  smart  bots    likely  behave  completely  differently  and  tryto  make  the  right  move, but  no,  bots  behave  less  startegically,  so  the  only  way  they  would  know  to  make  the  best  smart  decision  off  of  data  without  being  smart  startegically  and  putting  their  mechs  where  they  could  help  the  battle  rather  than  making  a  stategicly  idiotic  decision  of  putting  a  tank  so  far  away  from  everything  else  that  it  has  towalk  forever  to  reinfoce  and  thus  would  be  beter  of  sacrificing  a  weeker  mech  is  that  we  can  deduce  that  they  must  have  access  to  some  information  that  a  himan  wouldnt  get  and  trying  to  be  smart  in  the  dumb  computer  way  and  thus  have  access  to  information  no  human  could,

if  a  player  or  an  actually  intelligent  AI,  not  an  ai  that  can  think  in  an  instant,  but  one  not  just  waying  variavle,  but  thinking  strategically  was  trying  to  outwhit  player,  they  would  make  completely  different  decisions,  like  intelligently  programmed  hard AI   that  doesnt  cheat. 

An  AI that  just  reacts  would  put  a  slow  mech  that  is  a  tank  right  where  a  fast  or  weak  bot  is  behind  lines  despite  the  fact  that  a  tank  would  be  better  of  spawned  in  a  closer  point  so  it doesn't  have  to  walk  for  ten  years  and  have  the  team  not  have  a  reinforcement  for  ever  and  likely  get  the  central  control  point  overwhelmed  dispite  having  an  advantage.

While  a  smart  player  would  pick  a  scout  or glass  cannon spwan  it  up  closer  to  where  it  would  help  the   central  and  front  lines,  the   snipe  or  shoot  the  player  capturing  the  control  point  knowing  it  doesnt  have  to  be  captured  if  done  right  and  people  respawning  at  home  base  would  recapture  it  with  an  advantage  anticipating  behavior  and  strategizing  rather  than  weighing  values  at  the  speed  of  super  sanic.

while  a  dumb  player  or  AIwould  just  be  dumb;

Because  a  smart  player  or  intelligent  ai  would  be  using  those  kinds  of  assets  with  information  given,  while  an  all  seeing  light  speed  think  idiot  bot  would use  the  assets  of  a computer  as  such.

So  it's  pretty  easy  to  deduce  that  these  ais  either  have access  to  info  they  shouldn't,  like  maybe  they  speed  their  camera  around  at  cause  enough  friction  to  burn  and  rip  of  your  fi  gers  and  touch  screen  speeds  and  cause  a  fire  or  explosion  to  look  ot  the  dots  on  the  radar,  or  they  make  decisions  they  should't

I  was  going  todelete  that,  but  then  I  thought  the  advantages,  and  the  only  reason  you  would  be  dumb  like  that  is  when  you  have  so  much  power  that  it  becomse  smart,  but  only  if  you  have  the  power  advantage.  

I  would  sugest  splittingthe  code  into  two  coppies  than  changing  one  to  only  be  used  on  weak  bots  or  fair  decisions  and  the  other  way  of  thinking  forbids  them  from  doing  the  crap  they  do  and  is  the  one  gets  the  behabior  re wirtes,  while  the  other  one  only  gets  balance  changes  on  where  it  is  allowed  to  be  the  old  one.

Did  anyone  miss  the  biggest  give  away?  Yeah,  three  bots  spwan  at  once  on  the  same  spot.  it's  fun  being  able  to  manipulate  bots,  if  they  are  tanks  and  slow,  doing  this  can  make  things  fun,  but  they  aren't  designed  to  only  do  this  crap  for  balancing  porpouses.  

and  besides  only  like  a  few  people  can  do  crap  like  this  and  make  the  bots  spawn  three  at  a  time  way  behind  lines  to  cause  reinforcement  issues  to  get  central  control  point  advantage  and  have  the  slow  guys  capture  the  central  so  you  canthen  caputre  un  enforced  home  spots  when  all  the    ad  guys  are  on  obard  and  too  strong  to  die,

and  im  not  actually  happy  to  say  that  I  not  only  have  the  knowledge  I said  and  figured  it  is  possible  but  have  done  it  because  it's  not  actually  all  that  funbecause  it  is  not  ballanced.  The  few  times  it  happens  means  nothing;  when  the  bots  are  way  more  anoying  most  of  the  time.

Look  enjoy  bots  being  able  to  think  in  way  that's  like  a  player  like  me  but  different,  but  this  is  amatter  of  computers  doing  stuff  that  might  as  well  be  hacking.  The  wizardry  imeantioned  is  fine,  because  getting  a  feel  for  the  battle  and  the  flow  of  things  and  when  bots  blowing  up  means  constraints  and  likely  choices  they  can  make,  as  well  as  knowing  that  showing  up  on  radar  means  the  spot  you  were  at  will  get  surrounded,  so  blow  up  the  bots  or  people  acting  confused  when  they  try,  and  it's  fine  to  have  some  level  of  bots  thinking  at  ligjtspeed  and  coming  up  with  simular  levels  of  what  the  heck,  but  this  is  just  unfair  dumb  conputers  and  is  not  fun.  

You  know  what's  fun?  A  smart  computer  using  the  i  formation  available  to  it  coming  up  woth  startegies  that  pushyou  past  your  limits  and  make  you  think  about  things  on  an  advanced  level  and  getting  your  butt  kicked  by  fairness  that  is  out  of  your  league.  

Figuring  out  how  to  move  players  and  bots  where  you  want  and  solving  the  anoyingissue  of  getting  into  situations  of  inescapable  bad  luck  and  using  it  your  advantage is  part  of  life,  but  hackers  are  only  fun  when  they  push  you  and  when  its  balanced.  This  is  not  a  hacker  flying  who  sucks  and  you  could  kill  him,  this  is  dumb.

Apr 7, 2022, 21:1204/07/22
Apr 7, 2022, 21:48(edited)
12/07/21

Reality is if plarium removes bots from the game with their current matchmaking system the game will be unplayable. And if plarium doesn't play their cards right the player population could become so direly small no matchmaking system could save it. I don't trust plarium to play their cards right they never have. No, they refuse to. That's why they refuse to overhaul matchmaking. They're in over their heads in a fucking stupid pursuit of making money. And as the population shrinks they're probably going to try to squeeze more and more out of the few remaining players, or what is the small amount of whales that sustain a game. Like war robots and every other retarded pay to win game did. They keep the bots because they were prepared for this. But we can use that against them. This game was advertised as PvP but it's effectively PvCom how plarium treats it.

I'd also call it fucking lazy but these people are working hard. But tweaking a matchmaking system that's fundamentally flawed is fucking lazy. And dedicating so many resources to getting money from whales while the game isn't functional is shortsighted, which is fucking lazy. It's just crazy how hard working people can be so fucking lazy. But there's a simple solution and it's to dedicate far more resources to functional updates like matchmaking and clans, because this is a lazy mind issue rather than a lack of effort. I fear we'll never get this unless we demand it. But I have an idea that might even ease the work off clans so plarium don't have to completely exclude money making.

Hey plarium, you need a concept for clans right? Why don't you ask the community? You've spent all this time on the concept of clans and you haven't once asked the community for concepts? This is the next big functional update, the one everyone's looking forward too right? That's why you have to get it right, yeah? That's what you said? How about you ask the community, if you dare.

Apr 8, 2022, 20:3704/08/22
09/14/20
Bbmech

Reality is if plarium removes bots from the game with their current matchmaking system the game will be unplayable. And if plarium doesn't play their cards right the player population could become so direly small no matchmaking system could save it. I don't trust plarium to play their cards right they never have. No, they refuse to. That's why they refuse to overhaul matchmaking. They're in over their heads in a fucking stupid pursuit of making money. And as the population shrinks they're probably going to try to squeeze more and more out of the few remaining players, or what is the small amount of whales that sustain a game. Like war robots and every other retarded pay to win game did. They keep the bots because they were prepared for this. But we can use that against them. This game was advertised as PvP but it's effectively PvCom how plarium treats it.

I'd also call it fucking lazy but these people are working hard. But tweaking a matchmaking system that's fundamentally flawed is fucking lazy. And dedicating so many resources to getting money from whales while the game isn't functional is shortsighted, which is fucking lazy. It's just crazy how hard working people can be so fucking lazy. But there's a simple solution and it's to dedicate far more resources to functional updates like matchmaking and clans, because this is a lazy mind issue rather than a lack of effort. I fear we'll never get this unless we demand it. But I have an idea that might even ease the work off clans so plarium don't have to completely exclude money making.

Hey plarium, you need a concept for clans right? Why don't you ask the community? You've spent all this time on the concept of clans and you haven't once asked the community for concepts? This is the next big functional update, the one everyone's looking forward too right? That's why you have to get it right, yeah? That's what you said? How about you ask the community, if you dare.

Ive  commented  on  how  this  is  bad  in  the  end  before.  It's  not  just  lazy,  it's  less  profitable.  The  thing  about  greed  is  that  it  destroys  it's  own  goal  and  porpous.  Usually,  greedy  people  end  up  loosing  way  more  than  if  they  played  it  safe.  Greed  is  not  taking  risks,  it's  writing  down  theoretical  but  impossible  numbrrs  on  a  peice  of  paper  and  thinking  that  it's  possible  to  make  the  money.

like  call  of  duty,  they  will  react  when  their  reputation  is  destroyed  and  now  amount  of  advertisement  or  overhauling  or  trying  their  best  to  save  the  game  will  work  anymore.  The  game  will  be  an  old  game  that  dies  because  of  corperate  greed  and  the  greedy  idiots  want  us  to  come  back.  I  almost  gaurantee  you  that  people  want  companies  to  waste  their  money  on  ads  more  than  trying  the  overhaul  of  only  changing  after  the  devorce.  Come  back  they  will  say.  There  is  another  mech  game  that  is  better  people  will  say.  And  that  counts  as  one  that  isn't  a  negative,  including  zero.

They  will  fix  it  after  they  killed  the  golden  goose  and  act  like  they  are  trying  so  hard  to  fix  it  so  the  ceos  can  argue  a  better  fired  after  killing  the  company  because  it's  more  conveneint  than  doing  a  good  job  for  themselves  bonus  and  move  on to  the  next  game  to  kill.

you  know  the  idiots  doing  this  will  just  get  a  multimillion  dollar  paycheck  for  their  efforts,  so  the  game  is  probably  not  going  to  make  more  money  than  this  dumb  path  because  why  make  millions  of  dollars  a  year  when  you  can  get ten  million  dollars  for  bad  decisions  and  go  and  get rehired  or  go  on  a  vacation  for  five  years  if  you  dont  have  to  work?

Apr 9, 2022, 04:1904/09/22
07/25/20

please remember normally ones making the crappy decisions are management/ upper execs. i have nothing but respect for the low guys on the totem pole that have to bow down to those above

Apr 12, 2022, 07:2004/12/22
02/06/19

The big question for me is why there're so many bots in PVP game in the first place. I don't mind waiting twice as much as right now for a game but all or at least most of the players in games (especially tournaments) should be real players.