All Categories

Pilots, Plarium's Biggest Mistake?

Search
Dec 22, 2021, 15:2712/22/21
09/10/21

Pilots are one of the newest features to Mech Arena. Although strongly opposed by the community, Plarium still implemented them into Mech Arena. Now you may be curious as to why they would do this, and risk the same fate as War Robots. The answer is that they are a buisness. It's no suprise that Plarium is trying to make money off of mech arena, constant popups for "deals" and such. But this new update is crazy! Pilots can give mechs insane boosts when upgraded, and although very expensive to do so, many pay-to-win players don't care. So not only is Plarium making a ton a money off of this addition, but the free-to-play players have unbelievable disavantages, making it nearly unplayable without buying things! In addition to this, the amount of complexity in the whole pilots system is ridiculous. Innate skills, implant skills, all of this is unessecarily complicated. So, my conclusion is that Mech Arena no longer cares what the community thinks, and is more focused on profiting from the game. 😔 I love this game, and I hope that plarium will see the issues this is creating in game and in the community, and stop trying to make even more money off of it.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 22, 2021, 15:4512/22/21
12/17/21

You don't even know the half of it, if you buy a 1200 a-coin pakege for 10$ imediately after plarium's algorithm will calculate a deal for you of 1200 a-coins + 1 prodigy crate what just happened to me literaly half an hour ago. Upgrading systems are fucked up beyond belief for example a rank 2 level 7 lancer costs 750 a-coins to rank up while a rank 2 level 7 killshot costs 575 a-coins to upgrade. They aren't even the same rarity. Besides that, someone please explain to me the algorithm in which is being calculated the number of blueprins needed to upgrade, how on earth does 2, then 9, then 57, then 158 make any sensse, nevemind the fact that it takes a really long time to aquire them. Arachnos's special is useless, plasma cannons don't sound realistic at all, the list is endless. But yeah it's like you said, they needed pilots cause the filthy ritch developers need yacht mortgage to pay. 

Dec 22, 2021, 16:0712/22/21
12/22/21

But you forgot, you can just buy an a-coin package for a great deal of only $95.

Mech arena was fun.  On to the next game! 

Dec 22, 2021, 22:1812/22/21
09/12/20

Yeah I thought WE were supposed to be the actual pilot.... guess it isn't a skill-based game anymore?

Dec 23, 2021, 04:1012/23/21
11/14/21

Pilots could be a fun aspect of the game but sadly it's becoming super clear Plarium is purely concerned with pushing big spenders to spend more and leave all others behind.   It's adding too many new layers to suck your resources dry, all by design obviously because they want you to feel pinched and buy buy buy.  The buffs the pilots offer are way too high.  So now they really have nowhere to go with pilots except to nerf them.  I don't see that happening though because the targeted market is the whales... 

Clans should have been brought out before the pilot system.  They could have then added clan specific rewards where players could obtain resources...  although the way Plarium has been making decisions lately to REMOVE acoins from every aspect of the f2p path makes me feel like an idiot to even think clans would actually have something as ridiculous as rescource rewards that could help a player out. 

Dec 23, 2021, 04:3412/23/21
Dec 23, 2021, 04:35(edited)
12/22/21
Midnight

Yeah I thought WE were supposed to be the actual pilot.... guess it isn't a skill-based game anymore?

It's never a skill based game since you can buy Zephyr and Redox with credit card no matter how low your experience is, imagine i had to match with someone having 6* Redox while my experience level not even 99k 

Dec 23, 2021, 06:0312/23/21
09/12/20

Yeah I've seen how OP pilots are now... arc torrents that  somehow shoot through floors and also have 60m range...

Hard pass, uninstalling this game.