All Categories

Seeker and Solis make FFA nearly unplayable

Search
Apr 15, 2024, 11:1004/15/24
04/15/23

With the FFA tournament this week, everything changed. Every bot had a Seeker and Solis. At the start of almost every battle, a Seeker would teleport behind me as soon as I spawned, sometimes two at once. Of course, this is instadeath since they always have maxed weapons. And if Seeker didn't get you, Solis surely would. I've gotten pretty good at handling Seekers in the wild and the add some challenge, but to allow bots to spam them in close quarters FFA maps is ridiculous and frankly not enjoyable. Please consider taking this down a notch. 

Views
Comments
Comments
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Apr 15, 2024, 15:2204/15/24
02/10/23

Hello! Thanks a lot for your feedback, we will pass it on to our devs 👍

Apr 15, 2024, 16:5404/15/24
Apr 17, 2024, 15:03(edited)
03/25/23
CrystalDrew

I agree. some mechs shouldn't be used onr only used in small quantities, same for some weapons or else matches can become rather horrid. i suggest having a list setup maybe?

This list would hold the type of weapons,mechs and amount of these two a bot is allowed to use on a specific map, this way it may be a little more balanced out and may help make it easier for the developers to better controll the balance in matches since at times bots will use mortars and missles in maps that simply don't support the use of suchs weapons.

Having it done this way will also help to avoid mortar and missle spamming from bots.

Apr 17, 2024, 12:4704/17/24
Apr 17, 2024, 12:47(edited)
02/10/23
nyla

I agree. some mechs shouldn't be used onr only used in small quantities, same for some weapons or else matches can become rather horrid. i suggest having a list setup maybe?

This list would hold the type of weapons,mechs and amount of these two a bot is allowed to use on a specific map, this way it may be a little more balanced out and may help make it easier for the developers to better controll the balance in matches since at times bots will use mortars and missles in maps that simply don't support the use of suchs weapons.

Having it done this way will also help to avoid mortar and missle spamming from bots.

The feedback and suggestion were passed on to our devs 😉

Apr 20, 2024, 23:1204/20/24
12/04/21

Solaris is ok as it is still fairly realistic (blinding opponents).  However, Seeker has ruined the game because warping behind enemies ruins the concept of "cover".  I am a longtime player and this has drastically changed the game for the worse.   Every tactic you had before is now worthless because cover is worthless.  Totally unrealistic and horrible decision for your loyal gamers.  This shows a complete lack of concern for legacy players.  Get rid of seeker and refund everyone's account that purchased it! 

Apr 21, 2024, 15:3304/21/24
07/09/23

Can someone tell me why bots have p2p stuff in the first place?

Apr 21, 2024, 17:4704/21/24
03/30/19

solis, it's really a questionable choice. too much trouble. as well as seeker, the game reaches low levels of playability

Apr 21, 2024, 22:2904/21/24
08/04/22
Deepthroat

Can someone tell me why bots have p2p stuff in the first place?

To showcase them and crush you so you feel obliged to buy said weapon or mech to keep up with the meta. 

Apr 22, 2024, 04:0004/22/24
12/07/21
CrystalDrew

Such a low life customer support they have, all they ever say is they will pass on to the devs ??? seriously why do we need support then ???

Plarium should really upgrade their player support, it's so bad and such a low standard.....

Apr 22, 2024, 12:0104/22/24
Apr 22, 2024, 12:01(edited)
02/10/23
WTVUA

Such a low life customer support they have, all they ever say is they will pass on to the devs ??? seriously why do we need support then ???

Plarium should really upgrade their player support, it's so bad and such a low standard.....

Hello! Delivering feedback to the developers is a complicated process that takes many stages, not to mention fixing the issue itself. Besides, a large part of the players' concerns is, in fact, subjectivism, which can be pleased by one part of the community but criticized by another. 

My message meant that this feedback was heard and that we would take a look. For today, I can confirm that the devs are working on this issue and the number of both Seeker and Solis is reduced.

Apr 23, 2024, 21:5404/23/24
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! Delivering feedback to the developers is a complicated process that takes many stages, not to mention fixing the issue itself. Besides, a large part of the players' concerns is, in fact, subjectivism, which can be pleased by one part of the community but criticized by another. 

My message meant that this feedback was heard and that we would take a look. For today, I can confirm that the devs are working on this issue and the number of both Seeker and Solis is reduced.

I'm wondering if maybe mech arena could do some sort of regular feedback report where the team shares common feedback they receive and the response to it perhaps in a video that also gets shared across mech arena community channels. Because as of now, it's hard to tell if feedback is heard and considered.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:5504/24/24
02/10/23
Deepthroat

I'm wondering if maybe mech arena could do some sort of regular feedback report where the team shares common feedback they receive and the response to it perhaps in a video that also gets shared across mech arena community channels. Because as of now, it's hard to tell if feedback is heard and considered.

Hello! You may find one on our official Discord server. However, be sure that we are collecting and passing on all the feedback all over the social media regularly 😉

Apr 24, 2024, 13:0604/24/24
Apr 24, 2024, 13:07(edited)
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! You may find one on our official Discord server. However, be sure that we are collecting and passing on all the feedback all over the social media regularly 😉

I have never once found anything dedicated to responding to feedback in the discord. I did notice in dev vlog Q&A questions related to some major feedback are answered. However, those are few and far between and not all major feedback comes up or not any questions related. There have been 11 since MA released globally almost 4 years ago now

Apr 24, 2024, 14:5604/24/24
02/10/23
Deepthroat

I have never once found anything dedicated to responding to feedback in the discord. I did notice in dev vlog Q&A questions related to some major feedback are answered. However, those are few and far between and not all major feedback comes up or not any questions related. There have been 11 since MA released globally almost 4 years ago now

A new feedback section has been created by the Discord Moderators. The feedback is being forwarded to us weekly.

Apr 24, 2024, 15:0604/24/24
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

A new feedback section has been created by the Discord Moderators. The feedback is being forwarded to us weekly.

Where? This is all I see. Suggestion channels have always existed, and the team doesn't respond to feedback there. They don't respond to feedback in announcements. So I have to ask again, where?

i

Apr 25, 2024, 13:2104/25/24
02/10/23
Deepthroat

Where? This is all I see. Suggestion channels have always existed, and the team doesn't respond to feedback there. They don't respond to feedback in announcements. So I have to ask again, where?

i

Here is it.

Apr 25, 2024, 15:3704/25/24
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

Here is it.

And where can I find responses to at least the major feedback?

Apr 26, 2024, 13:268 days
02/10/23
Deepthroat

And where can I find responses to at least the major feedback?

The channel serves only for collecting feedback. Other Community Managers and I are answering your questions on social media.