All Categories

onslaught review *please share your thoughts*

Search
Apr 12, 2024, 15:2304/12/24
03/25/23

From what i've been able to play, it is a fun & challenging game mode. However because people don't have access to all the weapons or mechs for one reason or another it feels a bit unfair for those who want to enjoy this game mode, i do understand you can't just hand over things for free but with just 2 levels it isn't enough to get people truly invested in it and is more frustrating instead of incouraging people to get those mechs or weapons to continue to play. Overal gameplay wise its well balance except for the mech spawn placement, since i've had mechs suddenly spawn behind me which can be annoying and not fun at all, so i would suggest making so some spawn area's are either visible or won't spawn any mechs when near them.

My suggestion is to have main rewards for those who do have the mechs and weapons but also secondary rewards for those who don't have them, i would also suggest adding challenges you may be able to unlock if you meet the requirements alongside their own rewards to make people more eager to buy the mechs and weapons so they can get the main rewards.

The last thing i can suggest is multiplayer onslaught type game mode, one where you have to survive for as long as possible with your friend. This will give people more reason to suggest this game to others so they can play it together, and in return more chance for those same people to spend money on your game. 

Thank you all for making such a fun and overal entertaining game, i wish you all a great day/night and much success.

(edit: please give a like if you agree with any of this or comment on what you don't agree with)

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 12, 2024, 17:0104/12/24
03/25/23

If any one else have any opinions or thoughts on this, i'd like to hear them on here.

Apr 12, 2024, 18:5004/12/24
12/21/23

I finished it relatively easily! What I realized is:

- if I have a weapon at any level available that needs to be used in the actual challenge it will be a problem! make the challenge very hard! 

- I have no info about it but feel like killing those AI-s is way too easy than killing mini-bosses 50/50 only 

-My expectations were different... AI spawn on us if you running around to find a spot for yourself, is should not be a case i think 

- the shop option is looking good! 

Apr 12, 2024, 23:0104/12/24
Apr 12, 2024, 23:12(edited)
04/03/24

I started looking through the rewards and I was really excited about the fact that there was another way to earn a decent amount of a coins but after the first two matches I realized they're not giving us a game mode where we can try out New Mechs and new weapons before we buy them but instead keeping everything behind a paywall granted I haven't been playing all that long and all I have access to is rank 1-5 weaponry and Mechs and half of the weaponry I have access to being put behind a paywall is somewhat annoying I was happy to see that I could actually still play with the weapons in a new game mode and test out the new Mechs and weapons while having a way other than tournaments and the weekly challenges to get a decent amount of a coins since this was emphasized as a limited event and that there would be a ranking system I would have thought that all levels would have been available to all players with all rewards sadly it's just another idiotic move on the game developers end considering the entire community doesn't have access to it unless you're a long-term player or are willing to put money into the game to catch up somewhat new players like me can't enjoy the new game mode in the slightest much less get any of the rewards given I understand they don't want to give out 3,500 a coins easily but from where I'm standing that's only maybe two or three mech and weapon tear upgrades , one or 2 new mech or one or 2 new weapons so in reality not all that much short-term it looked like a nice way for new players to get an extra step ahead but no it was just another let down because somebody didn't have enough brain cells to think this through 

And yes only getting only two matches into the game mode and then not being able to go anymore without getting weapons and the mech itself pissed me off good bit putting in a game mode that you have been advertising for a while and not letting your entire community have access to it and the rewards offered ummm I don't know who thinks its a good idea or who thought it was a good idea but its just idiotic putting your weapons and whatnot behind to pay wall is one thing I can understand that enough games do it but applying that to a game mode that's too much

Apr 12, 2024, 23:1404/12/24
08/29/22

What I think they should change is make it so you only get half the rewards if you don't meet the requirements, and in order to make it harder you only have 1 attempt per stage

Alternativly you could have it so in the Shop you can buy temporary access to mechs/weppons, only for use in onslaught. pricing it such that if you don't meet the requirements for any stage then you spend as many       A-coins as you recive

Apr 13, 2024, 00:2904/13/24
04/03/24
Hunydont

What I think they should change is make it so you only get half the rewards if you don't meet the requirements, and in order to make it harder you only have 1 attempt per stage

Alternativly you could have it so in the Shop you can buy temporary access to mechs/weppons, only for use in onslaught. pricing it such that if you don't meet the requirements for any stage then you spend as many       A-coins as you recive

Dude that defeats the entire purpose you have 30 matches and you're not going to be able to get all of them in the first try it's a temporary event and honestly 3500 a coins is a fair amount for completing that many assuming the challenge gets harder and harder as you go on and again emphasis on the limited event if this were a thing that was going to stick around permanently then your idea might be worthwhile but since it is a limited time event letting people have free access to it with full rewards would be best cuz honestly in the grand scheme of things as far as this game is concerned 3,500 a coins is not a whole heck of lot that many would to a late game player not do all that much a newish player like me maybe a new mech/weapon or two though most of the decent weapons with an a coin cost the rewards in this event wouldn't even cover half so honestly just making it free and available would be the best option long as your players are willing to put in the time and effort to clearing all the levels it would help the newer players get an extra step up without it being all that much and again to a late game player the rewards would be mid-tier at best

Apr 13, 2024, 13:3904/13/24
03/25/23

These are the most comments i've ever had on something, keep it up and make sure to continue to share your thoughts on this so the developers see this and can take notes.

if enough people give their opinions on this it may help.

Apr 14, 2024, 16:2904/14/24
03/30/19

Honestly, it's not what I expected, and here the team's lack of imagination in a serious game comes to the fore. I played 1 game..,,,well. I almost fall asleep. ok, I made others. 2,, stop . finished. this mode is already boring and meaningless... now the whole game has taken this path. this mode is already forgotten, like 5 vs 5... they don't know how to make fun for everyone, but only for a select few.... who use C.C. like crazy.

Apr 14, 2024, 17:3904/14/24
01/18/24

Nobody in my clan had nothing to say about it other than guess it's just another way to get people to buy more stuff.

I however have this to say. It's fine I already try and purchase all weapons and mechs even if they suck for my play style it's just a personal mission. I tend to do that with all games I play. Reason this is good but costly is more event lots will just become rewards after a period of time hitting ever event and now onslaught I can get more rewards. I see how it is pushing people to buy stuff they are a business making money is their goal but it also forces people to try new weapons if they want the reward. I have scopius and I have everything on the onslaught except 2 weapons so its whatever for now but if I had them I'd have more acoins and 3.5k or whatever would be very nice. 

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Apr 15, 2024, 14:4904/15/24
02/10/23

Thanks a lot for your feedback regarding the Event, guys! It will be passed on to the devs and considered while developing future Events of this kind.

Besides, it's confirmed that the Onslaught Mode will make a comeback featuring other Mechs as well 😉

Apr 15, 2024, 16:4704/15/24
03/25/23
CrystalDrew

Thanks a lot for your feedback regarding the Event, guys! It will be passed on to the devs and considered while developing future Events of this kind.

Besides, it's confirmed that the Onslaught Mode will make a comeback featuring other Mechs as well 😉

Thank you! 😀

Apr 17, 2024, 15:0904/17/24
03/25/23

i hope more of you will comment on here with your thoughts🙂

Apr 19, 2024, 23:4304/19/24
04/15/23

I was enjoying until I got to the level where I needed a weapon I don't already own. If I needed a weapon to keep playing that I could buy with credits or acoins and I had a use for that weapon (or mech) going forward, I might pull the trigger, but not going to waste in game currency on junk. Come on devs, make this inclusive for all players. 

Apr 20, 2024, 08:2904/20/24
Apr 20, 2024, 12:57(edited)
04/03/24

This would have been a perfect theater to showcase the Mechs and weapons that they keep behind their pay walls have their entire community get a chance to play with them and see if they may or may not fit their gameplay style and the big benefit of this would be we would get to test out things that we wouldn't be able to get to otherwise without spending money we get a chance to see if we want to or not and there are many who would end up playing with one of these Mechs or weapons and like them so much they would end up buying them , all while offering a way to get some extra rewards that almost sounds like a good idea but you know that's too player friendly for them to consider

You know I understand them putting certain things behind a pay wall for a certain amount of time I get that I understand that enough games do that you can't really get mad at it but when you put out a game mode and you make it non-inclusive and your community for the large part can't play it can't use it and can't enjoy it without spending money on it it's just a bad idea 

putting in game items skins weapons mechs behind a pay wall that's fair enough but doing that to a game mode that's just dumb

Apr 22, 2024, 11:3804/22/24
02/10/23

Hello folks! The required Content was never available for free as it costs in-game Resources or requires in-app purchases accordingly. The Event was designed in a way that required a player to use certain pieces of Content to make it fun, entertaining, and exciting. The first trial levels are available for everyone to make a choice if a player wants to continue or not.

Nonetheless, we took into account all the feedback we received and will use the knowledge we have for future Onslaught Events. Expect more Events featuring other Mechs and Weapons in the future! 

Apr 22, 2024, 12:1704/22/24
12/19/22
CrystalDrew

Hello folks! The required Content was never available for free as it costs in-game Resources or requires in-app purchases accordingly. The Event was designed in a way that required a player to use certain pieces of Content to make it fun, entertaining, and exciting. The first trial levels are available for everyone to make a choice if a player wants to continue or not.

Nonetheless, we took into account all the feedback we received and will use the knowledge we have for future Onslaught Events. Expect more Events featuring other Mechs and Weapons in the future! 

Ok, so you are saying it was designed specifically for Pay-to-Win players only.

Got it.

Hate it, but got it.

I had a lot of hopes for this.  PvE really had me excited.  Now I know for a fact that it was never designed to be playable unless you pay cash.

At this point, I don't know if I'm going to continue with this game.  I have some serious thinking to do.....

Apr 23, 2024, 10:4804/23/24
02/10/23
GothIxkin

Ok, so you are saying it was designed specifically for Pay-to-Win players only.

Got it.

Hate it, but got it.

I had a lot of hopes for this.  PvE really had me excited.  Now I know for a fact that it was never designed to be playable unless you pay cash.

At this point, I don't know if I'm going to continue with this game.  I have some serious thinking to do.....

In fact, the Mode itself doesn't require any payments. Still, it requires special Content which needs to be acquired: grinded or purchased, it's up to you.

We take into account all the feedback we received about this Event and will keep it in mind while launching future Onslaught Modes!

Apr 23, 2024, 13:1004/23/24
12/19/22
CrystalDrew

In fact, the Mode itself doesn't require any payments. Still, it requires special Content which needs to be acquired: grinded or purchased, it's up to you.

We take into account all the feedback we received about this Event and will keep it in mind while launching future Onslaught Modes!

If its not available in the gear hub for A-Coins or Credits, it can't be grinded.  I saved up a ton of in-game currency over the last several months specifically for this after seeing that I'd probably have to aquire certain items.  As far as I know (haven't seen any announcements otherwise), Scorpius is still only available for cash - to say nothing about other items being used in the event.

Disappointment is an understatement at this point.   

Apr 24, 2024, 10:2404/24/24
02/10/23
GothIxkin

If its not available in the gear hub for A-Coins or Credits, it can't be grinded.  I saved up a ton of in-game currency over the last several months specifically for this after seeing that I'd probably have to aquire certain items.  As far as I know (haven't seen any announcements otherwise), Scorpius is still only available for cash - to say nothing about other items being used in the event.

Disappointment is an understatement at this point.   

I'd recommend you to stay tuned to the news so as not to miss when the Content becomes available for in-game Resources 😉

Apr 24, 2024, 17:0004/24/24
Apr 24, 2024, 17:00(edited)
03/25/23

It's rather exciting for me to have my forum post in the popular topics area, it makes me very happy knowing that this may help to bring out more people opinions😎

Apr 24, 2024, 21:0804/24/24
04/06/23

It's an alright game mode ruined by cash-grab attempts, you have Scorpius? well is it fully maxed? no? Oh well, guess you can't play certain levels and get the 3,000 A-coins!