All Categories

Tournament rebalance suggestion

Search
Apr 10, 2024, 01:3304/10/24
04/03/24

The tournaments are just too tedious to try to play and actually make a decent ranking considering any long-term players or pay to win players either have a stash of gold tickets or enough a-coins in reserve to buy as many gold tickets as they need to maintain a top position along with some of these people staying on more than 10 plus hours keeping others from being able to make a decent ranking or take the top spot without having to spend insane amounts of time in tournament brackets and fights just to be able to get the a-coins they need to play the game 

I have no idea whether or not this is going to be seen by a game developer anyone who can do anything about it or anyone who cares to do anything about it but it would be great if you made it to where you have a maximum amount of matches you can play in a single heat that way once you hit the maximum limit of matches played you're relying on your score made during the matches and less about the amount of time and a-coins you're willing to put in to making a tournament ranking your new players might not always place in the top spots but they should be able to at least get within the top five if they know what they're doing and at least get something out of it instead of them making an hour or two to play the game that way they can place in a tournament and get the resources they need and not constantly getting displaced by people who are willing to put in 10 15 20 hours just to get the top spots

It's a good and fun game to play for a little while but constantly having to obsess and spend insane amounts of time and a tournament just to get decent levels of resources you can't really get any other way than just paying I get this game takes a lot of cash grabs when it can but still the tournaments just broken like I said I don't know if anyone that's going to do anything or is willing to do anything about this is going to read this but maybe if the community makes enough of a roar about it it might at least get seen and considered

( I'm not saying eliminate gold tickets all together but make it to where there's something like a maximum of 20 or 30 matches that can be played that way those who can't spend the time in the game and just don't want to have to spend that kind of time in the game can still be able to get the resources they need to continue playing without losing interest)

Views
Comments
Comments
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Apr 10, 2024, 13:0504/10/24
02/10/23

Hello! Thanks a lot for your comprehensive feedback and suggestions regarding the Tournaments. We will consider it 👌

Nonetheless, we don't plan to rework the Tournament Mode in the near future. Stay with us so as not to miss if something's gonna be changed.

Apr 10, 2024, 17:1104/10/24
07/09/23

Quit complaining get good I'd understand if you were complaining about them putting pay to win weaponry on bots considering the weaponry is behind a paywall and they're allowing bots to use them just to give the bots an upper hand that would be an argument worth making but even then it just sounds like a skill issue on your

Apr 10, 2024, 19:2804/10/24
04/01/23
Deepthroat

Quit complaining get good I'd understand if you were complaining about them putting pay to win weaponry on bots considering the weaponry is behind a paywall and they're allowing bots to use them just to give the bots an upper hand that would be an argument worth making but even then it just sounds like a skill issue on your

So if i read your comment correctly, not having the time to play multiple hours of Tournament is a skill issue?

I don't know about you, but most players have personal lives. School, work and more. Is that a skill issue?

Apr 10, 2024, 21:5404/10/24
07/09/23
Peulut

So if i read your comment correctly, not having the time to play multiple hours of Tournament is a skill issue?

I don't know about you, but most players have personal lives. School, work and more. Is that a skill issue?

For clarification, this was a jab at OP as it's a copy/ paste of their response from another thread

Apr 11, 2024, 20:0704/11/24
04/03/24
Deepthroat

For clarification, this was a jab at OP as it's a copy/ paste of their response from another thread

The braindead oaf can't even come up with his own comeback so he just copies and pastes something that's completely out of place and can't even find something to pick apart on the legitimate issue where on his post the man who doesn't have two brain cells to rub together is complaining about something that's entirely a skill issue on his end because he's too brain dead to be able to figure out how to combat AI that somehow has more brain cells to rub together than a living breathing being it's really sad to be honest

Apr 12, 2024, 15:5304/12/24
07/09/23

Blah blah blah. I don't rebuke your point because it's not worth my time. If you can't figure out the problem with constantly facing stronger opponents and your own AI getting dumber in comparison to the others that's on you. Your response was stupid and inappropriate. Take a look at how Drew responded, much more appropriate.

As for your point about tournaments, I don't actually disagree. People who put in more time and money are unfairly favored in tournament. And the winner isn't determined by your skill but instead your sacrifice to MA

Apr 12, 2024, 16:0404/12/24
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! Thanks a lot for your comprehensive feedback and suggestions regarding the Tournaments. We will consider it 👌

Nonetheless, we don't plan to rework the Tournament Mode in the near future. Stay with us so as not to miss if something's gonna be changed.

I don't see why not. Tournament is unfair like this person said. Players have been making this complaint forever. The winner is not determined in skill it's how much time and sometimes money you put into playing tournament. I was told MA was supposed to be skill based by the team before it was even global. The tournament has never been skill based though because for some reason you refuse this change.

Apr 13, 2024, 01:3304/13/24
07/06/23

The only thing they are interested in is making money, any change that involves profit will surely be implemented, otherwise I advise you not to spend your keyboard on plarium. 

Apr 15, 2024, 15:0404/15/24
02/10/23
Deepthroat

I don't see why not. Tournament is unfair like this person said. Players have been making this complaint forever. The winner is not determined in skill it's how much time and sometimes money you put into playing tournament. I was told MA was supposed to be skill based by the team before it was even global. The tournament has never been skill based though because for some reason you refuse this change.

It's not excluded that it will be somehow reworked or adjusted, but it's not a priority for today and the near feature.

Apr 16, 2024, 21:1004/16/24
Apr 16, 2024, 21:41(edited)
04/03/24
CrystalDrew

It's not excluded that it will be somehow reworked or adjusted, but it's not a priority for today and the near feature.

In all fairness my guy this has been a complaint about the tournament brackets since release I played this game on an alternate account when it first came out I ended up losing the Google account it ended up getting hacked I wasn't able to get it back but the tournaments have been left unchanged since the beginning 

Plus the thread you commented on points out that the problem has been existing since day one and you're saying that it's not a priority in the near future but it's never been a priority simply put it's a problem the game developers don't care about

I can stay up late in my time zone somewhere around 12:00 a.m. and stay up till about I think it's 1:30 a.m. or so so an hour and a half that I have to stay up at night where I'm just playing the game Non-Stop after registering in a tournament at the last second that is my only option to have a semi short tournament bracket where where it would be closest to being skill-based but I don't want to stay up that late all the time and have to play the game that entire time just to have a skilled base tournament bracket 

if the game devs would make it a 20 or 30 match at the most for the tournament brackets it's still a fair amount of time to be putting into the game but if I could play on and off during my breaks play a couple matches here play a couple matches there on a tournament bracket and fill in those matches throughout the day without having to worry about somebody who's going to play anywhere from I don't know somewhere around 40 to 100 matches if not more based on these people's scores then yeah tournaments would be worthwhile I probably wouldn't be able to get the top spot until I've rebuilt my lineup and you're pay to win players would still be able to maintain their top seats that they paid for but it also means you're free to play players would still be able to get somewhere in the top five or something to get some a-coins that way they can upgrade their weapons and mechs and play the game long enough without getting bored with it and they will end up putting some money in it if they're a long-term player 

a 20 or 30 match limit I don't know and a little indicator right beside their gamertag showing how many matches they have put into the tournament so far you would limit the amount of time the players have to spend in the tournament to make a full ranking and still maintain the use for their gold tickets because the people who play these 40-100 matches if not more especially in the Grand Master heat don't care they're going to make those a-coins back it just be nice to see the playing field leveled to some degree it's not like this would displace your paid players but it would give your free to play community a chance to get step up or those who actually don't want to play all day or stay up late a chance 

Honestly it's just a simple fix there isn't a whole lot of coding you would have to rework all you would have to do is set a limit on top of making a slightly altered tournament bracket display I don't know I think it'd be something like 45 minutes maybe an hour and a half for it to be reworked and altered by a developer who's familiar with the game has worked on the game it's not a big thing it's a really simple adjustment if you're just looking at the work that would have to go in to doing it from the developer standpoint they don't stand to lose anything 

It's not like I'm asking them to make it to where all of their mechs and weapons that get locked behind a paywall to be available for credits or a-coins I'm asking and bringing up the fact that this change wouldn't cost them anything except for the fact that the weapons and mech available to free to play players would be made more available with this adjustment so that if a player did decide to put money into the game they would opt to look at the mechs and weapons that are behind their pay walls maybe not as much would come from a-coins at that point but long-term players would still end up buying some because they get impatient cuz late game mechs, weapons and upgrades are not cheap even if you win three or four grand master tournaments back to back you still can't buy many of the mechs and weapons 

And honestly guy if you read all this I am sorry that you had to read all this took me like no time to type this up

Apr 17, 2024, 13:0604/17/24
02/10/23
Diggle Farner

In all fairness my guy this has been a complaint about the tournament brackets since release I played this game on an alternate account when it first came out I ended up losing the Google account it ended up getting hacked I wasn't able to get it back but the tournaments have been left unchanged since the beginning 

Plus the thread you commented on points out that the problem has been existing since day one and you're saying that it's not a priority in the near future but it's never been a priority simply put it's a problem the game developers don't care about

I can stay up late in my time zone somewhere around 12:00 a.m. and stay up till about I think it's 1:30 a.m. or so so an hour and a half that I have to stay up at night where I'm just playing the game Non-Stop after registering in a tournament at the last second that is my only option to have a semi short tournament bracket where where it would be closest to being skill-based but I don't want to stay up that late all the time and have to play the game that entire time just to have a skilled base tournament bracket 

if the game devs would make it a 20 or 30 match at the most for the tournament brackets it's still a fair amount of time to be putting into the game but if I could play on and off during my breaks play a couple matches here play a couple matches there on a tournament bracket and fill in those matches throughout the day without having to worry about somebody who's going to play anywhere from I don't know somewhere around 40 to 100 matches if not more based on these people's scores then yeah tournaments would be worthwhile I probably wouldn't be able to get the top spot until I've rebuilt my lineup and you're pay to win players would still be able to maintain their top seats that they paid for but it also means you're free to play players would still be able to get somewhere in the top five or something to get some a-coins that way they can upgrade their weapons and mechs and play the game long enough without getting bored with it and they will end up putting some money in it if they're a long-term player 

a 20 or 30 match limit I don't know and a little indicator right beside their gamertag showing how many matches they have put into the tournament so far you would limit the amount of time the players have to spend in the tournament to make a full ranking and still maintain the use for their gold tickets because the people who play these 40-100 matches if not more especially in the Grand Master heat don't care they're going to make those a-coins back it just be nice to see the playing field leveled to some degree it's not like this would displace your paid players but it would give your free to play community a chance to get step up or those who actually don't want to play all day or stay up late a chance 

Honestly it's just a simple fix there isn't a whole lot of coding you would have to rework all you would have to do is set a limit on top of making a slightly altered tournament bracket display I don't know I think it'd be something like 45 minutes maybe an hour and a half for it to be reworked and altered by a developer who's familiar with the game has worked on the game it's not a big thing it's a really simple adjustment if you're just looking at the work that would have to go in to doing it from the developer standpoint they don't stand to lose anything 

It's not like I'm asking them to make it to where all of their mechs and weapons that get locked behind a paywall to be available for credits or a-coins I'm asking and bringing up the fact that this change wouldn't cost them anything except for the fact that the weapons and mech available to free to play players would be made more available with this adjustment so that if a player did decide to put money into the game they would opt to look at the mechs and weapons that are behind their pay walls maybe not as much would come from a-coins at that point but long-term players would still end up buying some because they get impatient cuz late game mechs, weapons and upgrades are not cheap even if you win three or four grand master tournaments back to back you still can't buy many of the mechs and weapons 

And honestly guy if you read all this I am sorry that you had to read all this took me like no time to type this up

Yes. I read it and all the feedback regarding this subject was passed on to our devs, so be sure that you are heard!

Apr 18, 2024, 21:2804/18/24
04/03/24
CrystalDrew

Yes. I read it and all the feedback regarding this subject was passed on to our devs, so be sure that you are heard!

Any chance you could have a developer hop on their account you have them comment on this directly

Apr 21, 2024, 19:2104/21/24
04/03/24
CrystalDrew

Mmmmm silence 

Apr 25, 2024, 00:0404/25/24
04/03/24
CrystalDrew

Mmm more silence after your asked to get a dev to comment directly 

Apr 25, 2024, 10:3704/25/24
04/01/23
Diggle Farner

Mmm more silence after your asked to get a dev to comment directly 

You think he can respond to every post on this Forum at the same time? There are alot of posts, you are not the only one.

And about a dev responding, there is no difference between the dev saying something or CrystalDrew saying something, CrystalDrew gives us what the devs tell him (or what the management-team tells him).

If you wanna hear the devs talk, every year there is a thing that they do called Mech Arena dev-talk, they do that on Youtube.

Apr 26, 2024, 13:277 days
04/01/23

Dale a tu cuerpo alegría Macarena
Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegría y cosa buena
Dale a tu cuerpo alegría, Macarena
Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Macarena tiene un novio que se llama
Que se llama de apellido Vitorino
Y en la jura de bandera del muchacho
Se la dio con dos amigos, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Macarena, Macarena, Macarena
Que te gustan los veranos de Marbella
Que te gusta la movida guerrillera, ay

Ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Macarena sueña con el corte inglés
Y se compra los modelos más modernos
Le gustaría vivir en Nueva York
Y ligar un novio nuevo, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Apr 26, 2024, 13:447 days
02/10/23
Peulut

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Que te gustan los veranos de Marbella
Que te gusta la movida guerrillera, ay

Ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hey Macarena, ay

Hello! It's a funny joke, but please don't flood it too much 😅

Apr 26, 2024, 13:557 days
04/01/23
CrystalDrew

Maybe i shouldn't have done the entire lyrics of the song 😅. I posted the lyrics in response to the other guy. His comment seems te be gone tho, probably deleted.

Apr 27, 2024, 04:157 days
7 days
CrystalDrew

Screw you your moronic imbecile

Apr 27, 2024, 04:167 days
Apr 28, 2024, 04:26(edited)
7 days
Peulut

Maybe i shouldn't have done the entire lyrics of the song 😅. I posted the lyrics in response to the other guy. His comment seems te be gone tho, probably deleted.

Screw you yeah it got deleted by Drew so I had to make a new account and all the same screw you