All Categories

Time to hear from the spenders?

Search
Mar 2, 2024, 04:5403/02/24
08/08/20

• They fool newbs into thinking there is a lot of players using cleverly named AI, stacking them against players to convince them that they need to spend.
  • The progression system leaves no room for variety, pushing all players into the endgame "meta" gear.
  • Obvious meta trap that nerfs older, but still useful equipment so players have to buy the new stuff to feel "relevant and competitive".
  • Three year old game, 90% AI matching or you have to do all the work of finding players and setting up matches.
  • Dwindling rewards for events to the point of insult (top prizes of 1 fortune key, basic implant crates, etc), removal of any player appreciation perks (fortune vault derby and implant removal discounts, etc).
  • Countless fixes and player concerns go unaddressed and ignored.

Do you feel good about the money you spent in this game? I guess maybe if we could hear some of the good points of spending (other than boring, predictable endgame matching with weaker opponents and AI setup to feed you kills), this all might make sense. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 2, 2024, 13:2803/02/24
02/12/17

I have requested a refund and filled a complaint, which is currently under investigation from Paypal. Think I will get my money back soon. 

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Mar 4, 2024, 14:5503/04/24
02/10/23

Hello! It's sad to hear that our game has created such an impression on you. Still, your opinion is fully understandable.

Our team is working hard to develop more novelties and rad Content for the game. It's planned to upgrade Mech Arena to another level and we consider the current state of the game as only the beginning. In these terms, sometimes, we need to make some changes or provide some practices which can make some players unsatisied.

What is confirmed and is under active development:

• Better Matchmaking. We are working on it, and it promises to improve the game a lot. Balance weak/powerful opponents, prevent abuse (tanking), and stuff.
  • Advanced AI. Bots are gonna be more humanish.
  • The PvE Mode and its further evolution. Something completely new for the game.
  • Implant Removal rework.
  • More rad Mechs, Pilots, and Weapons.
Mar 6, 2024, 08:0703/06/24
08/08/20

It is sad, CD. The base of this game seemed like it had wonderful potential, but now seems squandered.

Really was hoping to hear from some spenders on the positives of spending in this game.

Mar 6, 2024, 13:2103/06/24
01/17/21

I've been playing since global launch and have spent over 1k usd, I regret spending any money on this rigged game and it's shady scam developers. 

Also,  the AI Bots are going to be more humanish like? So the AI Bots are going to have full awareness of the players at all times with instant pinpoint aiming and they are going to be more human like? The AI already cheat, can only imagine how horrible they will be after. 

Mech Arena was a great game, now it's just a piggy bank for the scam developers and a never ending money pit for players to waste money on.  If you like being disappointed in your purchases, Mech Arena won't fail to disappoint. 

Mar 6, 2024, 16:5003/06/24
02/26/15

he's not the only one...

Mar 8, 2024, 01:2003/08/24
08/08/20
CrystalDrew

Hello! It's sad to hear that our game has created such an impression on you. Still, your opinion is fully understandable.

Our team is working hard to develop more novelties and rad Content for the game. It's planned to upgrade Mech Arena to another level and we consider the current state of the game as only the beginning. In these terms, sometimes, we need to make some changes or provide some practices which can make some players unsatisied.

What is confirmed and is under active development:

• Better Matchmaking. We are working on it, and it promises to improve the game a lot. Balance weak/powerful opponents, prevent abuse (tanking), and stuff.
  • Advanced AI. Bots are gonna be more humanish.
  • The PvE Mode and its further evolution. Something completely new for the game.
  • Implant Removal rework.
  • More rad Mechs, Pilots, and Weapons.

Since you brought this up, CD, I assume you can talk about it.

Better matchmaking would be awesome! However, I don't understand if your aim is not to use AI and you're working on the matchmaking to a degree that it's going to "improve the game a lot", why are you still trying to advance the AI? It's like your team is purposely ignoring the issue, so let me say it louder for the developers sleeping in the back: PLAYERS DO NOT WANT TO PVP WITH BOTS. We don't need you trying to make the AI "more humanish" (which is a bs statement to make on so many levels), we need you to stop cheating your playerbase so players want to stay.

More content and novelties in a broken game doesn't help things.

How about it spenders: Did you spend hundreds and thousands to fight bots?

Mar 8, 2024, 06:4003/08/24
01/17/21

The AI Bots are here to control gameplay and outcomes of fights/matches. Matchmaking is designed to frustrate players into spending. Matchmaking and the AI or anything in this rigged mess won't ever get better for the players, it will only get better for the house (because this is a gambling game) and as the saying goes, The House Always Wins. 

I want to talk good about this game and continue to support it $ wise but with the current state of shady greed, they don't deserve anyones money. 

Mar 8, 2024, 12:3703/08/24
08/04/22

Yes there should be an option to play only against players and not just in custom. If we have to wait 5 minutes so be it. A FFA where you can't respawn more than your 5 mechs against 10 players would be awesome. 

Mar 8, 2024, 15:4903/08/24
02/10/23
Free Player

Since you brought this up, CD, I assume you can talk about it.

Better matchmaking would be awesome! However, I don't understand if your aim is not to use AI and you're working on the matchmaking to a degree that it's going to "improve the game a lot", why are you still trying to advance the AI? It's like your team is purposely ignoring the issue, so let me say it louder for the developers sleeping in the back: PLAYERS DO NOT WANT TO PVP WITH BOTS. We don't need you trying to make the AI "more humanish" (which is a bs statement to make on so many levels), we need you to stop cheating your playerbase so players want to stay.

More content and novelties in a broken game doesn't help things.

How about it spenders: Did you spend hundreds and thousands to fight bots?

It was told many times on the forum, but I'll repeat - our community is located all around the globe, so sometimes there can be a lack of online players with approximately the same Squad Power due to different time zones - that's why we have no choice but to use and upgrade bots

Mar 8, 2024, 16:1803/08/24
Mar 8, 2024, 17:05(edited)
08/08/20
CrystalDrew

It was told many times on the forum, but I'll repeat - our community is located all around the globe, so sometimes there can be a lack of online players with approximately the same Squad Power due to different time zones - that's why we have no choice but to use and upgrade bots

It has been rebuttled, with proof, that this isn't a factual statement. Meanwhile, you've given no proof to substantiate your claim, CD.

WarRobots, which Mech Arena is almost an identical clone of (basically just reskinned), has had no AI in their matching the entire time they've ran (that I am aware, left a few years ago now, to be fair) - which is what, like 15+ years now? They were subject to the same community considerations as this game, and managed it just fine. So, yes, you have a choice. Hell, you even have a model to build from: WarRobots (it seems like you steal every other idea from them anyhow).

Basically, ALL games have their community located all around the globe. Somehow, not all games have this issue of a lack of active players (especially considering the globe of players they pull from). When the inactivity doesn't come from a lack of gamers in the world, you have to then ask, "Are we the problem? Are our practices the problem?"

Maybe a better question to ask is, why isn't your game keeping active players?

Mar 11, 2024, 14:1003/11/24
02/10/23
Free Player

It has been rebuttled, with proof, that this isn't a factual statement. Meanwhile, you've given no proof to substantiate your claim, CD.

WarRobots, which Mech Arena is almost an identical clone of (basically just reskinned), has had no AI in their matching the entire time they've ran (that I am aware, left a few years ago now, to be fair) - which is what, like 15+ years now? They were subject to the same community considerations as this game, and managed it just fine. So, yes, you have a choice. Hell, you even have a model to build from: WarRobots (it seems like you steal every other idea from them anyhow).

Basically, ALL games have their community located all around the globe. Somehow, not all games have this issue of a lack of active players (especially considering the globe of players they pull from). When the inactivity doesn't come from a lack of gamers in the world, you have to then ask, "Are we the problem? Are our practices the problem?"

Maybe a better question to ask is, why isn't your game keeping active players?

I dunno any proofs or stuff regarding this, but the info that I'm presenting is official and confirmed by our devs.

We are not War Robots or any other project. Our project is unique, so we will continue to move and develop on our own route.

Indeed, all the games have their community located all around the globe, but again, each project differs a lot, not only conceptually or stylistically. Currently, we can provide only what we have, but our team works hard on development and improvements for the game.