All Categories

Arc Torrent Change

Arc Torrent Change

Search
Feb 29, 2024, 14:5202/29/24
12/19/22

Arc Torrent Change

Scape211 brought up a point in his video that I was hoping someone would check on.  Why would a rare weapon, Frag Gun, ever be better than an Epic weapon, Arc Torrent?  By nature of their rarity, the Arc should be the better weapon long term.  But as he points out, the RARE Frag Gun is the end game weapon now after the reballance, not the EPIC Arc Torrent.

Either ...

a) there is a bug in the code that was released (because it should never be the case that a rare out performs an epic in end game, maybe early and mid, but never end game), 

or ...

b) someone didn't do their homework when they proposed this reballance.  

See the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM9n6vY5iqc

I get that balance passes need to be made.  I've played enough games to know that.  Some of these balance changes are good.  Some just go a little too far.  Its not that Arcs didn't need some balance done.  Its just that you've rebalanced yourself into a problem.

More eyes and brains on a problem are better than just a few.  Listen to your community.  We aren't always right, but then again, you aren't either.  :)  

You've kind of put yourself into a problem that really should never exist.  The better weapon should be the higher rarity one - especially at end game.  That's the way it's been told to us all this time.  But now you have a case where if you were right about needing to rebalance the arcs this hard, then you need to do an immediate reballance on the frag guns too.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 29, 2024, 15:0402/29/24
08/16/15

arc torrent was already deadly before, now it's gotten worse... they're doing everything wrong. and it will end with a catastrophe, when the players will realize that they are wasting money on weapons, which in 2 months will be useless. the party will end.

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Feb 29, 2024, 15:2402/29/24
02/10/23

Hello! Thanks for your feedback. Surely, we listen to the players all the time. My colleagues and I process and analyze ALL the feedback we receive so the devs are aware of what's going on in the community.

The Arc Torrent balance was aimed to make it meet its Close Quarters Epic Weapon, as previously it was kinda out of boundaries. We are attentively analyzing its performance and the feedback and results of this rebalance, so will see whether it met its purpose or not! 

Feb 29, 2024, 16:0602/29/24
08/16/15

Now that.. arc torrent.. actually had a too long range, it's been written in the forum for some time, but I haven't seen any shortening, the rebalancing talks about a longer range,,, am I reading this wrong? or has its reach actually been extended? because it's not well understood

Feb 29, 2024, 16:2702/29/24
11/27/21

So what compensation can players using and having invested significantly, in these now degraded weapons expect?

Feb 29, 2024, 17:1402/29/24
04/10/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! Thanks for your feedback. Surely, we listen to the players all the time. My colleagues and I process and analyze ALL the feedback we receive so the devs are aware of what's going on in the community.

The Arc Torrent balance was aimed to make it meet its Close Quarters Epic Weapon, as previously it was kinda out of boundaries. We are attentively analyzing its performance and the feedback and results of this rebalance, so will see whether it met its purpose or not! 

Stop pushing your bullpoop on players. Old weapons, which most players allready have, got nerf and new ones got buffed. Not enough salles? Like cryo launchers and miniguns weren't strong enough? If you realy care about balance nerf nomad. Oh, wait, not enough sales. 

Feb 29, 2024, 18:3402/29/24
12/19/22
LXI-blakrein

Now that.. arc torrent.. actually had a too long range, it's been written in the forum for some time, but I haven't seen any shortening, the rebalancing talks about a longer range,,, am I reading this wrong? or has its reach actually been extended? because it's not well understood

The range has been shortened - Significantly.  

My issue is that while the shortening of range is valid and good, the damage decrease to the point that it now performs worse than a rare quality weapon is not good.  

Having damage fall off beyond optimum range is good too.  The problem is the combination of all three.  I don't mind adjusting my gameplay to account for the decreased range.  I do mind that a weapon of lower quality deals significantly better damage than an EPIC weapon.

Think about it, without implants or pilots, at max level for a 12 energy Arc, a full magazine will only kill 3 mechs in the game.  THREE.  

On the other hand, a full magazine with a 12 energy Frag Gun will kill 6 mechs in the game.  Not much difference until you consider its really a difference of 27,228 damage.  Add in the different reload speeeds and you end up with a no-contest.

Players should be able to look at the quality of the weapon (common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary) and know that an Epic close quarters is going to be better than a Rare.

I realize I'm probably not getting through to anyone, so I'll just stop.

Feb 29, 2024, 18:4102/29/24
11/27/21

Plarium has no problem charging significantly.  Mech, weapon, pilot, implants, a-coins, credits, implant parts and pilot marks.  Then, after charging, decides to renege on their promises of just what that item will deliver.  This is precisely the grounds that refunds and/or compensation are made of.  Will Plarium man up and deliver? 

Feb 29, 2024, 20:2002/29/24
12/19/22
Stanley

Plarium has no problem charging significantly.  Mech, weapon, pilot, implants, a-coins, credits, implant parts and pilot marks.  Then, after charging, decides to renege on their promises of just what that item will deliver.  This is precisely the grounds that refunds and/or compensation are made of.  Will Plarium man up and deliver? 

This thread is not about cost, charging, money, a-coins, credits or whatever.  This is about the combat characteristics of the weapon.  Please don't hijack my thread.  Start your own.

Thank you

Feb 29, 2024, 20:2202/29/24
07/25/20
Stanley

So what compensation can players using and having invested significantly, in these now degraded weapons expect?

nothing

Feb 29, 2024, 20:2902/29/24
11/27/21

GothIxkin your title is 'Arc Torrent Change'.  My points on spot on with this change.  Feel free to start a new thread entitled 'combat characteristics of the weapon.'

Mar 4, 2024, 13:0203/04/24
02/10/23
NQS3

Stop pushing your bullpoop on players. Old weapons, which most players allready have, got nerf and new ones got buffed. Not enough salles? Like cryo launchers and miniguns weren't strong enough? If you realy care about balance nerf nomad. Oh, wait, not enough sales. 

Nomad meets its Class and Grade. Arc Torrents and Disc Launchers didn't, as they were developers and released long time ago and step by step the balance has changed

Mar 25, 2024, 23:2203/25/24
04/10/23
CrystalDrew

Nomad meets its Class and Grade. Arc Torrents and Disc Launchers didn't, as they were developers and released long time ago and step by step the balance has changed

Do You play this game? Apparently not. So let me explain. 

Matchmaking hates pilots. If you have pilots in your squad you will get strong ennemies. If you getrid of them you are guaranteen to get a lot weaker ennemies. Both DL and arc need high rank pilots to be effective. DL for splash damage and arc for range. Nomad and killshot don't. This means that 3 stars mechs like puma, slingshoot or paragon can fight against 5 or even 6 stars nomads. So you ger 30-40k HP mechs (including pilots) fighting against 5 stars nomads with 100k HP (no pilot) and ability damage around 40k armed with close quaters weapons (since nomad can quickely get close to ennemy its weapons don't need range so no need for pilot). That hardly fair. Don't believe me? Go play tournaments and see for yourself.

Also "Nomad meets its Class and Grade. Arc Torrents and Disc Launchers didn't" - that? Nomad is a scout and still has stronger armor then tanks. In this game class means noting. Only thing that counts is $$$. 

Mar 26, 2024, 19:4603/26/24
Mar 26, 2024, 19:50(edited)
05/04/23
CrystalDrew

A weapon being crazily out of boundaries is one thing, and then nerfing it to the point that it's now almost unusable is another. I mean reducing its distance is understandable (as it's a CQC weapon) but also a damage nerf was an overkill. People (including myself) have spent ages grinding, and invested real money to build it up. Same for DLs. Most players have (or perhaps had) 3 out of 5 mechs equipped with these. And with a single stroke, you have made 60% of the majority of hangers almost unplayable.

Restructuring/regrinding or even investing money into new stuff takes time. Imagine the frustration of F2P & even light spenders. Numerous posts here on the forum & even in-game chats are a proof of this.

Did the devs at least think about sending a reasonable compensation for this, so that the burden in building something new becomes bearable??

The crappy event rewards don't help either. Most of the times they're not worth bothering about.

Mar 27, 2024, 23:1703/27/24
02/16/23

I have recently been spending big bucks on my arc torrent 10s, trying to get a second copy so I could put them on my stalker (don't judge the build). I was excited for this build, until I saw how vast of a change in range, damage, and overall just the weapon itself had changed. Why would Plarium nerf a weapon was mediocre before then? Even having dual copies with maxed g-lock, maxed rare arc range implant, and nearly maxed epic arc mag and damage implants, my arc 10s at rank 6, level 3 were mediocre. Now, I spit ou tiny amounts of damage 45 meters away from my target even with the aforementioned maxed range implant and maxed g-lock! Plarium needs to stop ruining weapons that were already not great before players by the mass quit.

Mar 28, 2024, 14:4503/28/24
02/10/23
King’sArenaYT

I have recently been spending big bucks on my arc torrent 10s, trying to get a second copy so I could put them on my stalker (don't judge the build). I was excited for this build, until I saw how vast of a change in range, damage, and overall just the weapon itself had changed. Why would Plarium nerf a weapon was mediocre before then? Even having dual copies with maxed g-lock, maxed rare arc range implant, and nearly maxed epic arc mag and damage implants, my arc 10s at rank 6, level 3 were mediocre. Now, I spit ou tiny amounts of damage 45 meters away from my target even with the aforementioned maxed range implant and maxed g-lock! Plarium needs to stop ruining weapons that were already not great before players by the mass quit.

Hello! We're rebalancing the Weapons to match their intended Grades and Classes, as some are currently not fitting the requirements and messing with the game balance. But don't worry, these changes aren't drastic. We suggest trying them out and experimenting with different strategies and tactics. We've designed this update to keep the content effective and relevant, but it might need a bit of an unconventional touch to make the most of it. Arc Torrent is a Close Quarters Weapon, so using it as a Weapon effective in short-range battles will give you the most profit.

Mar 29, 2024, 00:0703/29/24
02/16/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! We're rebalancing the Weapons to match their intended Grades and Classes, as some are currently not fitting the requirements and messing with the game balance. But don't worry, these changes aren't drastic. We suggest trying them out and experimenting with different strategies and tactics. We've designed this update to keep the content effective and relevant, but it might need a bit of an unconventional touch to make the most of it. Arc Torrent is a Close Quarters Weapon, so using it as a Weapon effective in short-range battles will give you the most profit.

'rebalance'--a funny term due to its' misplacement in the MA dev community. Are ems going to remain as they are, or will that 'unbalance' the game too much? Or perhaps carbines and redox will both remain mediocre to maintain the 'balance' of the game. Should the amount of acoins F2Ps receive on a weekly basis increase or will it decrease in an effort to 'rebalance' the game? In case you haven't picked up on my hinting, I'm being sarcastic. Everything I said would actually rebalance the game and you don't want to admit that because all the devs like doing is nerfing cheap stuff and buffing expense stuff, correct?

Mar 29, 2024, 14:5503/29/24
Mar 29, 2024, 14:56(edited)
02/05/24
King’sArenaYT

'rebalance'--a funny term due to its' misplacement in the MA dev community. Are ems going to remain as they are, or will that 'unbalance' the game too much? Or perhaps carbines and redox will both remain mediocre to maintain the 'balance' of the game. Should the amount of acoins F2Ps receive on a weekly basis increase or will it decrease in an effort to 'rebalance' the game? In case you haven't picked up on my hinting, I'm being sarcastic. Everything I said would actually rebalance the game and you don't want to admit that because all the devs like doing is nerfing cheap stuff and buffing expense stuff, correct?

Carbines aren't just mediocre the're sraight up bad. Pulse cannon 8 beats carbine 8 even after the grade update. Carbines suck. But yeah they're probably going to remain that way because they want to sell viper, the new weapon.

Apr 3, 2024, 15:1204/03/24
02/10/23
King’sArenaYT

For today, we don't plan any rebalances in the near future as all the Weapons and Mechs meet their Grades and Classes. However, we are constantly analyzing and calculating the balance and will take measures if they are needed.

Apr 14, 2024, 20:2104/14/24
Apr 14, 2024, 20:26(edited)
05/04/23
CrystalDrew

For today, we don't plan any rebalances in the near future as all the Weapons and Mechs meet their Grades and Classes. However, we are constantly analyzing and calculating the balance and will take measures if they are needed.

Yeah. The recent rebalances & game modes (pointing at Onslaught, pointing at every damn bot killing you with a Seeker) are working out great. I used to play a couple of hours daily since day 1, and now it's come down to about a few games every 2-3 days. Helping me naturally with the deaddiction of this game with the increased amount of P2W crap going on.

//EndOfSarcasm

I've been a gamer for almost 30 years, but have never weaned off a game so quickly. I must say, it used to be extremely addictive until a month back. But now you can do less & less despite being a light spender; to the point of diminishing returns & grinding HOURS again to stay relevant & compete.