All Categories

DL to be neutered to make way for new weapon. What’s next? Whales will get away with hacking?

DL to be neutered to make way for new weapon. What’s next? Whales will get away with hacking?

Search
Feb 15, 2024, 22:2702/15/24
07/09/23

Because that's where war robots is. You do everything else the same as war robots so why shouldn't I expect for this to happen? You will make mech arena more and more for whales only and even let them get away with cheating like war robots does despite the people who came to mech arena because they didn't want to play war robots all because you don't care about the greater community, only money.

Views
Comments
Comments
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Feb 16, 2024, 15:5702/16/24
02/10/23

Hello! Don't give up on DL too fast; we considered to save their efficiency

Feb 16, 2024, 16:4802/16/24
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! Don't give up on DL too fast; we considered to save their efficiency

How? You neutered the weapon. You completely changed how it works. It's not going to do any damage anymore. It's going to suck! Maybe if you didn't decide to make all those changes or even just let it get extra damage by splashing flanks still I'd be saying something different but you wouldn't have fundamentally changed it in such a massive NERF if you actually intended for it to remain efficien. Sorry, I just don't believe you. Wait until you see I'm right about this. But we both know you're only lying on behalf of plarium.

Feb 19, 2024, 14:0402/19/24
02/10/23
Deepthroat

How? You neutered the weapon. You completely changed how it works. It's not going to do any damage anymore. It's going to suck! Maybe if you didn't decide to make all those changes or even just let it get extra damage by splashing flanks still I'd be saying something different but you wouldn't have fundamentally changed it in such a massive NERF if you actually intended for it to remain efficien. Sorry, I just don't believe you. Wait until you see I'm right about this. But we both know you're only lying on behalf of plarium.

Disc Launcher is a Guided Weapon with Auto-Targeting. It's very easy to use, but at the same time, it has enormous damage. After the rebalance, it will remain easy to use, but now you will need to plan your attack more sophisticated to use its advanatge

Feb 19, 2024, 17:1502/19/24
Feb 19, 2024, 17:19(edited)
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

Disc Launcher is a Guided Weapon with Auto-Targeting. It's very easy to use, but at the same time, it has enormous damage. After the rebalance, it will remain easy to use, but now you will need to plan your attack more sophisticated to use its advanatge

Or you just don't use it because pod gun does the exact same thing but better. If you're going to NERF DL so hard, might as well give the 16 energy variant the same fire rate as the others

Feb 20, 2024, 00:4802/20/24
Feb 20, 2024, 00:48(edited)
02/28/23
Deepthroat

Or you just don't use it because pod gun does the exact same thing but better. If you're going to NERF DL so hard, might as well give the 16 energy variant the same fire rate as the others

First DL's being able to apply full aoe damage and full back and side bonus damage outside of it's optimal range is bad, you shouldn't get rewarded for missing.

Second being able to just shoot a wall and destroy any mechs in that area is also bad, you shouldn't get rewarded for not hitting your targets.

Lastly pod guns do not do the exact some thing as DL's.  DL's instantly explode on impact so you can just lob them anywhere you want and as long as they land near someone they deal damage.  Pod guns have a delay when they are shot at a wall or the ground, they take I believe 5-6 seconds to explode, so if you shoot at a wall behind someone to deal aoe damage that person has time to move to not get hit.

Feb 20, 2024, 11:3502/20/24
02/10/23
Pwn3dg4m3r

First DL's being able to apply full aoe damage and full back and side bonus damage outside of it's optimal range is bad, you shouldn't get rewarded for missing.

Second being able to just shoot a wall and destroy any mechs in that area is also bad, you shouldn't get rewarded for not hitting your targets.

Lastly pod guns do not do the exact some thing as DL's.  DL's instantly explode on impact so you can just lob them anywhere you want and as long as they land near someone they deal damage.  Pod guns have a delay when they are shot at a wall or the ground, they take I believe 5-6 seconds to explode, so if you shoot at a wall behind someone to deal aoe damage that person has time to move to not get hit.

That's a pretty correct observation. Sure, there can be similarities between Pod Guns and DLs, but still, they are quite different

Feb 20, 2024, 14:3302/20/24
07/09/23
Pwn3dg4m3r

"You shouldn't get rewarded for missing". That implies getting splash damage is unintentional and not calculated. On the contrary, it is. You in fact should be rewarded for getting flank damage and that includes with splash. The splash radius is the problem, they're fixing that. They're also reducing damage outside optimal range. There's no reason they have to also remove flank damage on splash.

In addition, when I say pod gun does the exact same thing I mean its use case will be the exact same. Changes to disk launcher means best use case you arc your projectiles in an attempt to hit the flanks of your opponent. Because of timer on sticky bombs, best use case will be the same as hitting walls or the ground with stick bombs will be quite sub-optimal. Hope that clarifies things.

Feb 20, 2024, 14:3502/20/24
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

That's a pretty correct observation. Sure, there can be similarities between Pod Guns and DLs, but still, they are quite different

Not really in how they're used. Take a look I elaborated on my point. They're really not all that different, with the explosion delay being the only real difference, and that's stretching it because that still doesn't change how it's used.

Feb 21, 2024, 02:5602/21/24
02/28/23
Deepthroat

"You shouldn't get rewarded for missing". That implies getting splash damage is unintentional and not calculated. On the contrary, it is. You in fact should be rewarded for getting flank damage and that includes with splash. The splash radius is the problem, they're fixing that. They're also reducing damage outside optimal range. There's no reason they have to also remove flank damage on splash.

In addition, when I say pod gun does the exact same thing I mean its use case will be the exact same. Changes to disk launcher means best use case you arc your projectiles in an attempt to hit the flanks of your opponent. Because of timer on sticky bombs, best use case will be the same as hitting walls or the ground with stick bombs will be quite sub-optimal. Hope that clarifies things.

You misunderstand, getting the bonus damage for back and side especially outside of the optimal range was the unintentional reward not the normal splash damage.

Indeed there are tactical situations when you want to hit near and not directly to intentionally deal splash damage to someone that's, say, is hiding behind cover.  That's all well and good but when a weapon is breaking the rules of the game by dealing full damage outside of it's optimal range and is being used to abuse that, specificlly to deal that bonus back and side damage then there is problem.

The issue with DL's is that because of how the weapon works you can't just fix the "full aoe damage outside of optimal range" problem by getting rid of the damage outside of optimal while keeping the full damage inside of optimal.  Because then the DL's are still just goin to be use like an already existing weapon, the Nade Launcher, by just lobing discs to intentionally miss the target to deal the bonus aoe damage when its a guided weapon not a barrage weapon.

Feb 21, 2024, 13:3902/21/24
07/09/23
Pwn3dg4m3r

You misunderstand, getting the bonus damage for back and side especially outside of the optimal range was the unintentional reward not the normal splash damage.

Indeed there are tactical situations when you want to hit near and not directly to intentionally deal splash damage to someone that's, say, is hiding behind cover.  That's all well and good but when a weapon is breaking the rules of the game by dealing full damage outside of it's optimal range and is being used to abuse that, specificlly to deal that bonus back and side damage then there is problem.

The issue with DL's is that because of how the weapon works you can't just fix the "full aoe damage outside of optimal range" problem by getting rid of the damage outside of optimal while keeping the full damage inside of optimal.  Because then the DL's are still just goin to be use like an already existing weapon, the Nade Launcher, by just lobing discs to intentionally miss the target to deal the bonus aoe damage when its a guided weapon not a barrage weapon.

And so that's why in addition to fixing the damage outside optimal range, they also reduced splash damage based on distance from point of impact, like I mentioned.

As I said, no reason to also remove flanking damage.

Feb 21, 2024, 18:3502/21/24
04/08/15

gentlemen, it's the third weapon they've downgraded me to, for this reason I no longer trust it and I've become a NON-PAYING PLAYER, it's one thing to spend for fun, it's another thing to be lost around..

Feb 22, 2024, 04:1702/22/24
02/28/23
Deepthroat

And so that's why in addition to fixing the damage outside optimal range, they also reduced splash damage based on distance from point of impact, like I mentioned.

As I said, no reason to also remove flanking damage.

As I said, the reason for removing the bonus damage to flank damage was to bring DL's more in line with their weapon type.  Otherwise you continue to incentivize DL's to be play like barrage weapons by just lobbing them where ever just to get that bonus flank damage instead of treating them like the guided weapons that they are.

Feb 22, 2024, 15:1302/22/24
Feb 22, 2024, 15:30(edited)
07/09/23
Pwn3dg4m3r

As I said, the reason for removing the bonus damage to flank damage was to bring DL's more in line with their weapon type.  Otherwise you continue to incentivize DL's to be play like barrage weapons by just lobbing them where ever just to get that bonus flank damage instead of treating them like the guided weapons that they are.

Are you trying to argue in circles? I already told you they are doing other things to bring it in line. The change to remove flanking damage is not necessary.

And what about it also being partially used as a barrage weapon? It existed before that was a category. And if there should be no crossover why is it okay for pod gun to function much like a guided weapon. If the categories should be that rigid, might as well re-classify DL as a barrage weapon and add a new guided weapon in its place.

Feb 23, 2024, 04:0802/23/24
02/28/23
Deepthroat

Are you trying to argue in circles? I already told you they are doing other things to bring it in line. The change to remove flanking damage is not necessary.

And what about it also being partially used as a barrage weapon? It existed before that was a category. And if there should be no crossover why is it okay for pod gun to function much like a guided weapon. If the categories should be that rigid, might as well re-classify DL as a barrage weapon and add a new guided weapon in its place.

You seem to be the one arguing in circles, I've already explained this multiple times to you so I don't know what else I can say.

At the end of the day DL's and AT's are getting nerfed and no amount of your cope is goin to change that, either quit the game or get over it. 

Feb 23, 2024, 21:4502/23/24
07/09/23
Pwn3dg4m3r

You seem to be the one arguing in circles, I've already explained this multiple times to you so I don't know what else I can say.

At the end of the day DL's and AT's are getting nerfed and no amount of your cope is goin to change that, either quit the game or get over it. 

Lmao just don't address my points about pod gun functioning like a guided weapon or anything and then dismiss my arguments as cope. Just concede if you have no real rebuttal.

Feb 23, 2024, 23:1902/23/24
02/28/23
Deepthroat

Lmao just don't address my points about pod gun functioning like a guided weapon or anything and then dismiss my arguments as cope. Just concede if you have no real rebuttal.

What are you even talking about, "just don't address my points", that's all I've done, there's nothing more to say, would you like me to just copy paste all of my comments cause that's the only thing left to do.

Yes you are coping, you're doing whatever you can and finding any reason you can to try and justify that AT's and DL's should not be nerfed.

But I will say it for the last and final time DL's filled to many roles so they are being toned back to fill just the guided weapons role.

Pod Guns in no way function like a guided weapon, guided weapons require a lock on to be guided to their targets, Pod Guns do not, they get pulled to whatever enemy is closes.  Guided weapons will only go to the targets they are locked onto, Pod Guns will get pulled to enemies they are closes to so they can end up having their shots go to enemies your not even focusing on.

That doesn't sound like a guided weapon to me, that sounds more like how AT's attack by having the chain lightning attack curve to the nearest enemy.  AND before you say "well Pod Guns are like AT's then", no they arn't, attacking the closes enemy isn't a weapons category it's just a method of attack. 

Feb 24, 2024, 04:1402/24/24
07/09/23
Pwn3dg4m3r

What are you even talking about, "just don't address my points", that's all I've done, there's nothing more to say, would you like me to just copy paste all of my comments cause that's the only thing left to do.

Yes you are coping, you're doing whatever you can and finding any reason you can to try and justify that AT's and DL's should not be nerfed.

But I will say it for the last and final time DL's filled to many roles so they are being toned back to fill just the guided weapons role.

Pod Guns in no way function like a guided weapon, guided weapons require a lock on to be guided to their targets, Pod Guns do not, they get pulled to whatever enemy is closes.  Guided weapons will only go to the targets they are locked onto, Pod Guns will get pulled to enemies they are closes to so they can end up having their shots go to enemies your not even focusing on.

That doesn't sound like a guided weapon to me, that sounds more like how AT's attack by having the chain lightning attack curve to the nearest enemy.  AND before you say "well Pod Guns are like AT's then", no they arn't, attacking the closes enemy isn't a weapons category it's just a method of attack. 

It also serves the same functions of hitting targets behind cover with a seeking system or a large explosion radius. Though the idea is to hit mechs more so because of the detonation timer. And it takes more skill to get opponents behind cover. As well as more difficulty getting back and side splash damage.

I still have to disagree with removing back and side damage, as it makes it the only splash weapon like this. Perhaps all splash weapons should be changed. Then again that would not make pod gun any less similar to disk launchers. It could be annexception to the rule though. But I guess yo're right in that nothing more is likely to happen now. Disk launcher will likely be used more like a guided weapon and have more of a niche now which is good. It's certainly not all bad.

Mar 20, 2024, 16:0603/20/24
01/18/24

Nerf dl I hate that weapon specially on cookie cutter mech lineups bastion combo.