All Categories

Disk Launcher Nerf too far

Search
Feb 15, 2024, 16:5102/15/24
07/09/23

The disk launcher NERF is finally here. But you're taking it too far. You reduced splash damage the farther peopleare from point of impact which makes sense. But you also removed additional back and side damage for disk launcher, and made it do reduced damage outside optimal range. Why? Is it so people have to switch to pod gun to get that additional damage? Why not remove the capability on all splash damage, or guided weapons? Why not remove it from rocket mortar? Why only disk launcher? And why make it the only weapon to do less damage outside its optimal range? I don't get it unless you're trying to kill the weapon and make players spend on the new one.

And I warn you against NERFing weapons to reign in new META. That is why people quit war robots. DO NOT REMOVE BACK AND SIDE DAMAGE FROM DISK LAUNCHERS AND DON'T CHANGE THE DAMAGE OUTSIDE OPTIMAL RANGE AND ESPECIALLY DO NOT MAKE IT A HABIT OF NERFING WEAPONS ONLY WHEN YOU INTRODUCE SIMILAR ONES UNLESS YOU WANT TO PISS OFF THE COMMUNITY

I saw a complaint on reddit someone just got their disk launchers max and now you're going to kill the weapon. A disk launcher's splash damage is why people used it, now it's going to be useless because you want to make money. And I know it's going to be useless becuae it deals bad damage without flank damage, unlike the EM rifle which already had extremely high damage when it was NERFed and it's still essentially a 1 shot weapon. Mech Arena is degrading more into war robots every day the thing many of us warned constantly we didn't want to happen. NERFing old weapons to reign in new ones is the reason I always see people say they left war robots. This is why I don't dignify them calling them games. Mech Arena and War Robots were not designed with fun or fairness in mind. They were designed to extract cash from people.

I don't understand the changes to arc torrents either. Nobody has complained about them since shortly after the pilots update.

I hope these updates are subject to change. This is ridiculous.

Views
Comments
Comments
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Feb 16, 2024, 15:5302/16/24
02/10/23

Hello! As you might have noticed, some of the Weapons will be buffed as well. The reason for these rebalances is that the Weapons do not perform like they were initially planned, and thus, they interrupt the future development of the game. Nonetheless, Disc Launchers will remain efficient and competitive, but a player will need to have some good skills to make it bring the desired results.

It's a normal practice for developing online games. Otherwise, they would stuck and not evolve. I understand your concern, but give it a try!

Feb 16, 2024, 16:3102/16/24
Feb 16, 2024, 17:14(edited)
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! As you might have noticed, some of the Weapons will be buffed as well. The reason for these rebalances is that the Weapons do not perform like they were initially planned, and thus, they interrupt the future development of the game. Nonetheless, Disc Launchers will remain efficient and competitive, but a player will need to have some good skills to make it bring the desired results.

It's a normal practice for developing online games. Otherwise, they would stuck and not evolve. I understand your concern, but give it a try!

No disk launchers are not going to remain efficient and competitive. They aren't going to do any damage.

And you mean to tell me disk launchers didn't work as intended when you're only NERFing them now when players have been complaining for two and a half years? Does the mech arena team think we're stupid? No, what you didn't intend for is the pod gun wouldn't sell.

And no disk launchers are not going to remain efficient and competitive. It's not going to do any damage anymore since it doesn't get flank damage with splash and reduced damage based on distance from point of impact.

And it may be normal practice to NERF and buff items in game development. What isn't normal is only NERFing a weapon when you introduce a new weapon with similar capabilities. What isn't normal is gut a weapon when you NERF it. And what isn't normal is fundamentally changing how a weapon works. ALL OF WHICH YOU'RE DOING! AND WE TOLD YOU IT'S NOT COMMON PRACTICE NOR TO FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE HOW AN ITEM WORKS WHEN YOU NERF IT AND IT'S INFURIATING YOU WOULD DO SUCH A THING BUT APPARENTLY YOU WEREN'T LISTENING BECAUSE YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN! AND HERE YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME IT'S A NORMAL PRACTICE LIKE YOU THINK I'M A FOOL WHO WOULD BUY IT! I'M NOT A FOOL, NO IT ISN'T!

Feb 16, 2024, 16:4302/16/24
07/09/23

Watch you will soon see people complaining their disk launchers are useless. They're not going to be competitive. People will not be using them after this. What do they even have still that can keep them competitive? Oh right, NOTHING! THEY ARE GOING TO BE THE ONLY SPLASH WEAPON THAT HAS A LOWER DAMAGE BASED ON DISTANCE FROM POINT OF IMPACT AND THE ONLY ONE WHERE SPLASH DAMAGE DOESN'T GET BOOSTED UPON HITTING A FLANK! It will take some good skills to make it work? NO, BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK! HOW YOU MADE IT WORK BEFORE WAS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SPLASHING FLANK DAMAGE WHICH ISN'T POSSIBLE ANYMORE BECAUSE YOU CHANGED HOW THE WEAPON WORKS FUNDAMENTALLY AND AGAINST THE ADVICE OF PLAYERS TOO!

AND I KNOW YOU DID IT TO SELL POD GUN SO DON'T EVEN TRY TO PRETEND IT WAS FOR ANOTHER REASON! YOU'RE ONLY BUFFING THE OTHER WEAPONS SO YOU COULD HAVE SOMETHING TO FALL BACK ON WHEN PLAYERS INEVITABLY COMPLAINED ABOUT DL CHANGES!

Feb 19, 2024, 13:5802/19/24
02/10/23
Deepthroat

Watch you will soon see people complaining their disk launchers are useless. They're not going to be competitive. People will not be using them after this. What do they even have still that can keep them competitive? Oh right, NOTHING! THEY ARE GOING TO BE THE ONLY SPLASH WEAPON THAT HAS A LOWER DAMAGE BASED ON DISTANCE FROM POINT OF IMPACT AND THE ONLY ONE WHERE SPLASH DAMAGE DOESN'T GET BOOSTED UPON HITTING A FLANK! It will take some good skills to make it work? NO, BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK! HOW YOU MADE IT WORK BEFORE WAS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SPLASHING FLANK DAMAGE WHICH ISN'T POSSIBLE ANYMORE BECAUSE YOU CHANGED HOW THE WEAPON WORKS FUNDAMENTALLY AND AGAINST THE ADVICE OF PLAYERS TOO!

AND I KNOW YOU DID IT TO SELL POD GUN SO DON'T EVEN TRY TO PRETEND IT WAS FOR ANOTHER REASON! YOU'RE ONLY BUFFING THE OTHER WEAPONS SO YOU COULD HAVE SOMETHING TO FALL BACK ON WHEN PLAYERS INEVITABLY COMPLAINED ABOUT DL CHANGES!

I understand your emotions. Of course, your words make sense. But give it a try and use some new strategies - maybe it won't be that bad.

Besides, it's high time to blow off the dust from Nade Launchers, Cryo Launchers, Miniguns, and Chain Guns!

Feb 25, 2024, 22:0402/25/24
03/30/23

This whole nerfing of weapons I paid real money for is almost criminal. I bought the DL 16 because of its capabilities at the time of purchase. Now those are being taken away and  by doing so devaluing my purchase. It seems more reasonable to me to add to the game and not take away. What I mean is why not add HP or some sort of splash damage buff to the mechs instead of punishing the weapons and reducing/limiting/eliminating its characteristics?That would be like Dodge reducing the overall handling and top speed of the Hellcat because they now think it's too much to be on the road. Over the last couple months it seems like all Plarium cares about is making money and not improving the game play. 

Feb 26, 2024, 12:3002/26/24
02/10/23
Dr.JackStag

This whole nerfing of weapons I paid real money for is almost criminal. I bought the DL 16 because of its capabilities at the time of purchase. Now those are being taken away and  by doing so devaluing my purchase. It seems more reasonable to me to add to the game and not take away. What I mean is why not add HP or some sort of splash damage buff to the mechs instead of punishing the weapons and reducing/limiting/eliminating its characteristics?That would be like Dodge reducing the overall handling and top speed of the Hellcat because they now think it's too much to be on the road. Over the last couple months it seems like all Plarium cares about is making money and not improving the game play. 

Hello! We don't rebalance the Content often as it's always developed considering the balance of the game. If any changes are coming, we inform the community in advance and make them in a way to make the rebalanced Content remain relevant and effective. Nonetheless, it's a common practice in developing online games. 

Feb 26, 2024, 15:5202/26/24
Feb 26, 2024, 15:53(edited)
03/30/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! We don't rebalance the Content often as it's always developed considering the balance of the game. If any changes are coming, we inform the community in advance and make them in a way to make the rebalanced Content remain relevant and effective. Nonetheless, it's a common practice in developing online games. 

So what I get from your response is to not spend money in this game because you're just going to "rebalance"(reduce) the value of what a player purchases without any sort of compensation. Got it.

Feb 26, 2024, 16:0302/26/24
02/10/23
Dr.JackStag

So what I get from your response is to not spend money in this game because you're just going to "rebalance"(reduce) the value of what a player purchases without any sort of compensation. Got it.

If you are reducing something, we consider this piece of the Content to remain efficient and compatible. Besides, we are increasing stuff as well. The upcoming rebalance will buff Chain Guns, Miniguns, Cryo Launchers, and Nade Launchers!

Feb 26, 2024, 19:4002/26/24
Feb 26, 2024, 19:41(edited)
03/30/23
CrystalDrew

If you are reducing something, we consider this piece of the Content to remain efficient and compatible. Besides, we are increasing stuff as well. The upcoming rebalance will buff Chain Guns, Miniguns, Cryo Launchers, and Nade Launchers!

Oh OK. I get it now. Make all the old weapons weak hoping players will purchase the new ones that seeming do the same things as the weapons you nerfed. It all makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up. 

Feb 27, 2024, 12:2202/27/24
02/10/23
Dr.JackStag

Oh OK. I get it now. Make all the old weapons weak hoping players will purchase the new ones that seeming do the same things as the weapons you nerfed. It all makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up. 

I wouldn't say that both nerfed and buffed Weapons will be weak though