All Categories

Tier IX Gear Hub

Tier IX Gear Hub

Search
Jan 31, 2024, 04:3901/31/24
01/30/24

Tier IX Gear Hub

If any of you on Discord or YouTube have any news on Tier IX, please do let the rest of us know.

I can't imagine any Weapon beyond the current Tier IX, but just thinking it through speculatively, it seems like it'd break the game https://mobdro.bio/  .

Views
Comments
Comments
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Jan 31, 2024, 12:5501/31/24
02/10/23

Hello! Some new Content will be added there. However, it won't break the game balance, but it will definitely make the game more interesting!

Jan 31, 2024, 14:1701/31/24
12/19/22
CrystalDrew

Hello! Some new Content will be added there. However, it won't break the game balance, but it will definitely make the game more interesting!

"Interesting" is a matter of opinion.

Usually I'm a wait and see kind of guy.  But with A-Coins getting harder and harder to come by and how it being slipped out that a new mech is coming that will teleport to its targets location, I just don't know.  I was getting excited because I've finally saved up half the A-Coins I need to get off of Tier 5.  Gonna get some helix racks and then save for that ultimate sniper weapon from Tier 7, the rail gun.  However, if a mech can teleport to my location, what's the point?  I've done the math.  I'm free to play.  It'll be a year before I can afford to get to Tier 7 and get the railgun.  I need just shy of 24,000 A-Coins.  I get between 1800 and 2100 a month.  I play 20 matches a day (often closer to 30).  I'm active in every tournament (otherwise I'd be locked at 1500 A-Coins a month + box opens).  Obviously I don't spend real money, otherwise I'd have a lot more A-Coins at my disposal.  But now knowing that instead of having the end-game in sight, I've got another barrier?!?!?!

I really hope you have all done your homework on this new mech and just how it's going to work.  You have a lot of weapons in this game that cannot function at 15 meters or less, so having someone teleport across the battlefield to your location and destroy you is going to mess with a lot of people's game.  There is an art to being a sniper.  Its easy to tell who has the patience for it and who doesn't.  And the good ones, know how to counter a good sniper too.  If this devolves the game into just a massive melee of idiots running to the middle to throw their broken corpses on a pile, I'm out.  I want game play that rewards me for being smart and thinking of the best way to win the game while staying alive in a single mech or even two for as long a possible.

If you are adding a new Tier to this game, and this is your first addition to it, I can only imagine that any other addition to this new Tier is going to be similarly powered.  That not only scares me, but throws up massive barriers for me ever reaching end game.  Just how much are things going to cost in this tier?  Its already just under 10k in A-Coins for items in Tier 8, what's it going to be for these?  12k?  15k???  And beyond that, how many other weapons, mechs, and playstyles from the midgame will fall away?  For that matter, just how huge do you want the midgame to be anyway?  It's already taking us a long time to get through it (I thought I was almsot done, but I guess not).

Sigh.

I want to defend you.  I want this to be a fun game that I can enjoy and not dread playing because I feel I HAVE TO.  We will see how you all do.  

Good luck.

Feb 1, 2024, 14:0102/01/24
02/10/23
GothIxkin

"Interesting" is a matter of opinion.

Usually I'm a wait and see kind of guy.  But with A-Coins getting harder and harder to come by and how it being slipped out that a new mech is coming that will teleport to its targets location, I just don't know.  I was getting excited because I've finally saved up half the A-Coins I need to get off of Tier 5.  Gonna get some helix racks and then save for that ultimate sniper weapon from Tier 7, the rail gun.  However, if a mech can teleport to my location, what's the point?  I've done the math.  I'm free to play.  It'll be a year before I can afford to get to Tier 7 and get the railgun.  I need just shy of 24,000 A-Coins.  I get between 1800 and 2100 a month.  I play 20 matches a day (often closer to 30).  I'm active in every tournament (otherwise I'd be locked at 1500 A-Coins a month + box opens).  Obviously I don't spend real money, otherwise I'd have a lot more A-Coins at my disposal.  But now knowing that instead of having the end-game in sight, I've got another barrier?!?!?!

I really hope you have all done your homework on this new mech and just how it's going to work.  You have a lot of weapons in this game that cannot function at 15 meters or less, so having someone teleport across the battlefield to your location and destroy you is going to mess with a lot of people's game.  There is an art to being a sniper.  Its easy to tell who has the patience for it and who doesn't.  And the good ones, know how to counter a good sniper too.  If this devolves the game into just a massive melee of idiots running to the middle to throw their broken corpses on a pile, I'm out.  I want game play that rewards me for being smart and thinking of the best way to win the game while staying alive in a single mech or even two for as long a possible.

If you are adding a new Tier to this game, and this is your first addition to it, I can only imagine that any other addition to this new Tier is going to be similarly powered.  That not only scares me, but throws up massive barriers for me ever reaching end game.  Just how much are things going to cost in this tier?  Its already just under 10k in A-Coins for items in Tier 8, what's it going to be for these?  12k?  15k???  And beyond that, how many other weapons, mechs, and playstyles from the midgame will fall away?  For that matter, just how huge do you want the midgame to be anyway?  It's already taking us a long time to get through it (I thought I was almsot done, but I guess not).

Sigh.

I want to defend you.  I want this to be a fun game that I can enjoy and not dread playing because I feel I HAVE TO.  We will see how you all do.  

Good luck.

Hello! Soon, the novelties will come, so you will have a chance to check them out! I do hope that you will be excited about it

Feb 1, 2024, 18:4702/01/24
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! Soon, the novelties will come, so you will have a chance to check them out! I do hope that you will be excited about it

Who would be excited for the possibility of it becoming even harder to reach the end game?

Feb 2, 2024, 20:5502/02/24
04/06/23

Novelties?  Do you mean for example....Seeker? The thing that pops up behind you an destroyes you in seconds? With a shield and a 30% damage bonus. The thing you only get a hand on when you are a whale? The thing that makes every single mech in the game obsolet? Yeah....great idea!!! Great novelty!!! It must have been an epic search to find something to make the game even more annoying and frustrating than it already is.

Feb 5, 2024, 16:2902/05/24
02/10/23
Fragmaster

Novelties?  Do you mean for example....Seeker? The thing that pops up behind you an destroyes you in seconds? With a shield and a 30% damage bonus. The thing you only get a hand on when you are a whale? The thing that makes every single mech in the game obsolet? Yeah....great idea!!! Great novelty!!! It must have been an epic search to find something to make the game even more annoying and frustrating than it already is.

We are developing a lot of Content and it's not limited by Pilots, Mechs and Weapons. The mentioned novelties include new Modes, Maps and stuff