All Categories

Devs making Derbys impossible on purpose

Search
Dec 18, 2023, 06:3512/18/23
12/15/23

Hey guys, first time poster, been playing for about 6 weeks. As a new player some of the glaring balance issues are maybe annoying, but you can still have fun with. The Derbys however have really gotten on my nerves. I'm up for a challenge, but there have been Derbys for pilots (that I couldn't even buy if I wanted to), Derbys for weapons that I guess encourage players to buy and have a purpose, and other weapon/mech Derbys where the majority of the objectives require buying the mech/weapon. 

This current Specialization Spree event wants me to buy a Bastion (t7 mech) and/or use an arc torrent 10 to be able to finish the event... thing is that my hub is T4 and I'm F2P. 

My overarching question to the devs, and maybe some community consensus, is wanting to know why they don't make events that scale up APPROPRIATELY for where individual players are? Why do you think it is a good idea to rub our faces in events that we can't even participate in? Especially during the holiday season you can't be a little less greedy with your players and reward the community's loyalty even a little bit? This is literally the 1st game that I've played through the holiday season that doesn't offer any daily bonuses... even a meager extra few A coins for sign-ins would be something. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 18, 2023, 14:1512/18/23
04/15/23

Early on in the game, I used to think I needed to try to complete every event, derby, challenge, etc. Now I know that some are not worth the time or effort. I certainly won't purchase a mech, weapon or pilot that I know will rarely if ever get used later on just to complete an event for a meager payoff. 

It would make a bit of sense to have these events scale better like you said. I'm also in agreement with rewarding loyal players at certain times instead of making them work so hard or spend. Nothing wrong with keeping your customers happy so they want to remain loyal. 

Dec 18, 2023, 14:5912/18/23
10/19/23

Yeah I'm with you OP.  Having played similar games before  (WarRobots etc.) I will say that these developers are eggregious to the max lol.  The prices for new weapons or legendary pilots are just ridiculous.  I get it - there are plenty of high $, low IQ suckers that fall for that, but what about the rest of us that are willing to pay a reasonable amount of $ for our entertainment $?  Maybe Plarium will surprise me this holiday season by having an event where you can grind a reasonable amount for a reasonable reward, but I highly doubt it.  All the events in the 6 or so weeks I've been playing have been 100% P2W where you have to buy weapons/mechs/crate tix to have any chance of winning anything.  

Just like the WarRobots developers destroyed a great game by getting too greedy, it appears I joined this game to far down it's 'greed death spiral'.  It's a shame really . . .

Dec 18, 2023, 16:0012/18/23
07/09/23

Sorry you're disappointed with the event. I'm sure plarium will pretend really hard your complaint means anything to them

Dec 18, 2023, 17:3812/18/23
01/23/16

I see you are intelligent... you hit the target....

Dec 18, 2023, 17:4612/18/23
01/23/16

as you will be able to see, the strongest ones use mechs and basic weapons, at the highest level and they win the same, everything else is rubbish created only to rob you of your real money... all the junk they are putting into the game is not needed, just rubbish, decoys... it's a mediocre game, which is passed off as EXCEPTIONAL.. yes it will never be a game where intelligent people will spend to create something for themselves.,.. because it's not needed here.. not there's no balance, there's no right game system, too many BOTs... too much AI... in short, a rubbish game. Since they nerfed EM-RIFLE and other changes in ngative. the game got progressively worse. nothing better in 6 months now, just damn smelly rubbish... and stopped my spending budget in this wrecked car........

Dec 20, 2023, 16:5612/20/23
Dec 20, 2023, 16:56(edited)
07/09/23

Oh this thread got skippep. I guess I said what plarium was going to for them 😆