All Categories

What is going on with this matchmaking???

Search
Dec 10, 2023, 03:4612/10/23
12/09/23

I just started playing because one of my friends invited me here. I came from War Robots where it is just over run by...I'll just stop there. I started playing this since yesterday (12/08/2023) and thought this would be my new game. It WAS that fun...until today. 

My hanger power total is currently 481. My team's power is 245 currently. I have a 1 star Lancer equipped with 2 energy auto cannons and a 1 star Paragon equipped with a 3 star guided javalin rockets. 

As I kept playing today, I noticed that as each match played, my weapons are getting weaker and weaker in damaging the opponents. After a few games, my Lancer's auto cannons barely does any damage. My Paragon's Javalins were doing decent damage (getting the opponents HP under 25% per round of shot). But, again, after a few games, I was barely doing 25% damage....

Then, I started to notice.

Mind you, I am still on teir 1 and 2 items. The opponents started to have Jugernauts. Then started to have Ares. Then Shadows and Guardians, then Tengus... I thought, ok, no problem, I like a LITTLE challenge. But, did it stop there? No. The game started to add in Aegis and Cheetahs....to match my ONE STAR mechs...

During all of this, the advertisements were flying left and right. I was tempted to purchase items, BUT, with how the matchmaking was being handled, it made me hesitant. The red flags in my head were telling me (and from other reviewers) that even if I spent loads of money, which I would be more than willing and ALMOST DID, I would still run into the same problem because the matchmaking would just place better opponents into the games. Really, the only time that this would even out is when you have maxed out your hanger. Plarium's way of trying to make people spend backfired on me because with this horrible business model, I am not willing to spend a cent now.

Just to clarify certain things you might be wondering. There were but TWO real players out of the 57 matches I had. So, it was NOT players with Aegis and Cheetahs firing Cryo Launchers and Ember Guns at me...they were the bots (you can see who are real players by looking in the recommended section under the community tab).

This leads to another question; If I played 57 matches so far and only encountered two players, is it even worth it to keep playing since it clearly means that the game is not getting a lot of new players...aka, dying?

Anyways, from watching YouTubers and my friend play this game alongside reading about it, it didn't prepare me on how bad and true the comments about how the matchmaking really worked.

I will play a bit more, but when my frustration hits a certain point, this game will be off my devices. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 10, 2023, 12:3812/10/23
09/01/16

this is normal, every time you upgrade any weapon or mech or pilot. the system will bring you opponents who are always stronger than you. this is a plarium trick to make you spend, as you say...always weaker...precisely, so you rush to spend money uselessly, this process will continue until the end, there is no limit, you will always be inferior . this is rubbish game man don't spend money, you waste your money...

Dec 11, 2023, 03:4312/11/23
07/09/23

Aegis and cheetah against rank 1 common mechs? And they always say they're going to improve the matchmaking, it only ever gets worse. And it's just devolved so much more since I quit ☠️

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Dec 11, 2023, 12:2212/11/23
02/10/23

The Matchmaking system may perform incorrectly due to the abusers who are trying to trick it, but we are working hard on improvements to make it perform more precisely and fairly.

Dec 12, 2023, 01:5012/12/23
Dec 12, 2023, 02:01(edited)
12/09/23
CrystalDrew

The Matchmaking system may perform incorrectly due to the abusers who are trying to trick it, but we are working hard on improvements to make it perform more precisely and fairly.

Then is it possible to check my account to see if something is wrong? I even caved in and started purchasing. SURE ENOUGH, an 8 energy 2 star Helix Rocket system on my 2 star Orion (both purchased) barely puts a dent on the opponent's bots. This is even WITH the debuff ability from the Orion mech. The amount I spent guess was not enough. 

I'm about to stop playing. It's frustrating. The only reason I'm still at it, is because I'm trying to help the friend who invted me get his referral perks. 

Dec 12, 2023, 10:4612/12/23
04/06/23

Don't waste your money in this game. You won't get any advantage from it. The complaints about the matchmaking startet long ago. And since then they are "working hard " on this. But has anything changed? NO! My personel impression is that the matchmaking is more worse than ever. My hangar is around 5000 - the bots I have to fight are nearly maxed out (pilots, mechs and weapons).

Again - don't waste your money in this game.

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Dec 12, 2023, 12:3912/12/23
02/10/23
Fragmaster

Don't waste your money in this game. You won't get any advantage from it. The complaints about the matchmaking startet long ago. And since then they are "working hard " on this. But has anything changed? NO! My personel impression is that the matchmaking is more worse than ever. My hangar is around 5000 - the bots I have to fight are nearly maxed out (pilots, mechs and weapons).

Again - don't waste your money in this game.

Hello! Indeed, we are working on the Matchmaking system, and we've made multiple improvements that are already in the game. The feature is complicated, and it affects a lot of other core mechanics of the game. That's why it can't be quickly reworked. Still, the work is in progress.

Paying in the game helps a player to progress faster and access the novelties quicker. It's absolutely optional, so it's fully up to the player!