All Categories

Newbie questions about bots

Search
Dec 5, 2023, 08:5412/05/23
12/05/23

I am fascinated that in Mech Arena they have AI bots pretending to be real people, I don't think I've played any other games this happens (for example, to the best of my knowledge, this doesn't happen in League of Legends).

Anyway, I'd like to know more about bots.

Firstly, how strong are bots usually? About the level of a weak, average, or strong player?

Are different bots different skill levels? https://omegle.onl/

How can you tell if you are playing with a bot? https://xender.vip/

If you join a multiplayer game without forming a team first, does the server fill your team with bots automatically, or try to match you up with other real players first?

Finally, I see some "players" are almost always constantly on, I would say maybe 30-50% of the games I play I get matched with them. They don't seem super strong either even with that much practice, so I am guessing they are bots, is that a fair assumption?

Examples of these "players" are like DfenestrateU and OrlandoSucks. If you are on my sever you would know what I mean lol.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 5, 2023, 21:4412/05/23
04/10/23

Hi, to answer your questions:

* how strong are bots usually? 

Depends. If matchmaking "likes" your squad you'll get weak bots. But if it doesn't like your squad bots will be much stronger then you.

* Are different bots different skill levels? 

They have no skill. All their actions are random. But they have diferent equipment. Same are weak but some can be 2 stars higher then you and with legendary stuff.

* How can you tell if you are playing with a bot? 

1) Nick names like you already noticed (DfenestrateU, OrlandoSucks and a fiew more) 

2) Behavior. They act randomly. Walk in one direction and then turn with out a reason or they can just stand still and do nothing.

* They don't seem super strong either even with that much practice 

They will get stronger and dumber.

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Dec 11, 2023, 11:5012/11/23
02/10/23

Hello! The bots are used due to the lack of online players with approximately the same Squad Power to be paired. The reason for this is that our players are located all around the world and have different time zones. Our team works hard on making bots more close to a human behavior that must make the game experience more fair and interesting/