All Categories

Achievement Hunting

Achievement Hunting

Search
Nov 21, 2023, 14:0211/21/23
12/19/22

Achievement Hunting

Hello

Just wanted to relay some experience on hunting achievements.  Currently working on Paragon.  I'm trying to get kills with the Autocannon.  Autocannon has a max power verson of 4.  To fully complete the achievement I need .....  900 kills.   NINE HUNDRED!!!!!!!  With an Autocannon FOUR.   Awwww crud.   

So, in order to get opponents with low enough health for me to kill with this little wimpy things, I drop myself down to two mechs.  Gives me a hanger with just under 1000 power.  Most of the time I'm getting 3 or so kills if I can stay alive the entire match.  That's just what I have to do.  Gotta delete my second hanger because match making takes it into account for some dumb reason (really, you need to treat each hanger as a separate account for the purposes of match making) - so I really don't know why on earth I spent the ACoins on that waste of space.

Anyway, I don't know what I feel worse about though.  Every 2-3 matches I get paired with players who are carrying legendaries.  Surge, Eclipse, Disc Launchers, etc.  I'm running a common mech with a common weapon and my second mech is an uncommon mech with an uncommon weapon.  That is all I have in my hanger for the match.  I'm ticked off from having to deal with such opponents.  But then I look at my teammates and almost feel worse.  They have a teammate that is only in the round for 20 seconds or so because I've only got two, exceptionally weak mechs.  They don't know I'm just hunting achievements.  All they know is that I'm some idiot who is playing two mechs and leaving the match because I dont' want to sit there for another 2-3 minutes with nothing to do.  

Like I said, I don't know which makes me feel worse.

And this really isn't the worst achievement on my list to get.  There is one for Arachnos that makes this one look easy.  Kills, with your spider turret, while the enemy is trying to capture a control point.  Let me clairify, the target of your turret has to be on the control point, trying to capture it for the kill to count.  I've been playing Arachnos for nearly my entire time with this game.  As slow as it is, I love that mech.  I've played a TON of control point clashes.  I've got 6  ......   yes SIX kills.  I use my turret all the time.  Its a wonderful early warning system for snipers or great at adding that punch when you need it.  But it is not a primary weapon.  It will not kill that many mechs.  Just shy of 1 year playing and I have 6 kills of mechs trying to capture points with that thing.               I hate this achievement.

Ok, I'm done.  Thanks for listening.

Views
Comments
Comments
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Nov 21, 2023, 14:3211/21/23
02/10/23

Hello! Thanks a lot for your feedback, it will be considered! The achievements must be challenging, but it seems like this time it was way too challenging!

Nov 21, 2023, 15:2011/21/23
04/15/23

Gothlxkin makes some great points. Perhaps it's time to update achievements on some of the older mechs to reflect changes in the game like weapon additions. Guardian for example has an RPG kill achievement. Nearly impossible to get that unless you are very early in the game. Maybe let that include Voltaic RPGs. At least you would be able to equip something that packs more of a punch. Same thing with mechs that have achievements for Longarms. Maybe include all sniper weapons.