All Categories

Tengu: so good, but not really.

Search
Nov 19, 2023, 01:2011/19/23
02/16/23

There are a wide variety of good mechs in the Arena: ones with defensive abilitlies, ones with offensive abilities, ones with speed enhancing abilities, ones with non-detection abilitie, and so on.

However, there is one mech that is a special case. Tengu: the rare scout who is slow (for a scout), just may have just average health and low energy capacity, this mech can usually make up for these flaws with his ability. The Tengu Sky-Strike.

I especially love the Sky-Strike because it launches the mech into the air and then drops down onto enemy mechs. This jumping action gives the opponents with some good AOE damage, applies a stasis effect, and leaves tengu with a 3-4 second stealth ability.

As [seemingly] OP as this ability is, tengu still is lacking in one of those three major flaws: the energy capacity. So, there are a couple of weapons that are really good when used with tengu. The most popular of which is the shotgun 8. My tengu is only at rank 3, level 7 so I cannot necessarily judge the dual shotgun 8s, but I can approve of shotgun 4s, so I will be excited to get the dual shotgun 8s.

Another good weapon for tengu is the missile rack 8, which does burst fire which is far superior to sustained damage for a pretty obvious reason. I can approve of at least using one missile rack 8 because of the same reason with me tengu's rank.

Disc launcher 8s are also a very good option, at least using one at my level. Of course, there are also ember guns and fragment guns which I do not own, being a F2P player. Althoug, I believe that both weapons are good options to pair with tengu based off of my many experiences playing against bots and players using these weapons.

Of course, there are a whole bunch more of 8 energy weapons which could be used with tengu. All taken into consideration, this mech can do kind of well in the Arena, besides the fact that there are attackers, tanks, support mechs, even other scouts who have 24 and 32 energy capacit, enabling those mechs to hold more energy with more weapons, which makes tengu an outcast.

The devs brought the grade of killshot and panther up from uncommon to epic and in my opinion, if tengu had 24 energy capacity, tengu could easily beat killshot in a 1v1. The devs also brought the energy capacity of cheetah from 16 to 24 even thoug, in the grand scheme of things, very few players actually use cheetah.

With all of this information taken into account, I believe it is simple to believe tengu should certainly get a buff. Even if the speed and health of tengu could stay the same, I think the energy capacity should certainly be brought up to 24, and tengu should get what he deserves!

I also would like to discuss why the achievements are so hard for tengu.

I have owned my tengu ever since the F2P crate rush event a few months ago, and I still haven't completed three of his achievements! I really want to earn the scrapyard devil legendary skin for tengu, but it is hard when I still have over 300 mechs to kill with RPGs. Also, even worse, the stasis beam achievement. In order to complete this achievement, the player must freeze 900 players with the stasis beam!!! I have been working my tengu so hard in order to complete this achievement, and I still have hundreds of mechs left to freeze.

These achievements should be pretty simple, besides the time and patience factors. But no, they are not. I will SP drop (because I have to) and equip a stasis beam 8 and play any mode with lots of players (5v5 deathmatch and CPC). However, the matchmaking always puts me up against 4 star ares and juggernauts which team up on me and I cannot kill easily, leaving me dead within a short manner of time. And I know about how playing strategically and far back from enemies should bring better results, but this is not true with stasis beams because of a few reasons...

#1: stasis beam 8 takes far too long to freeze opponents because once you lock on to them, the opponents will hide from the beam, leaving you wasting your time and getting your hopes up that you will actually freeze a person.

#2: if you stay back from a distance and try to freeze your opponent, similar to the first reason, the opposing players will hide. So, you have to get up in the other players space and try to freeze them quick before they get away.

#3: if the opposing player you are trying to freeze has an ares, they will put up their shield to protect them, leaving you to use up half of your beam on their shield.

#4: if you are freezing an opponent, it takes to long (mentioned in the first two reasons), so your teammates with thoughtlessly and most likely unknowingly kill the person you are trying to freeze.

Because of these reasons, the stasis achievement is incredibly hard and frustrating for players trying to complete this achievement, and especially players using one stasis beam 8 because that is all they can use.

All in all, I recommend that the achievements for Tengu (especially the stasis beam one) should be made much more easily achievable for all players.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 19, 2023, 06:0211/19/23
Nov 19, 2023, 06:03(edited)
02/16/23

If any of you agree, join me in Team Tengu and please help me by asking CrystalDrew and the devs and commenting in the game discussion on forums to win this battle for Tengu.

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Nov 20, 2023, 12:4811/20/23
02/10/23

Thanks a lot for such comprehensive feedback! We will take it into account! Nevertheless, currently, we don't have plans for rebalancing Tengu. Please report the Achievements issue to our Support team via https://plrm.me/arena_support or email them at: arena.support@plarium.com. Thanks a lot! 

Nov 21, 2023, 02:1511/21/23
02/16/23
CrystalDrew

Thanks a lot for such comprehensive feedback! We will take it into account! Nevertheless, currently, we don't have plans for rebalancing Tengu. Please report the Achievements issue to our Support team via https://plrm.me/arena_support or email them at: arena.support@plarium.com. Thanks a lot! 

Thanks CrystalDrew. Much appreciated.

Nov 21, 2023, 21:5111/21/23
02/16/23

i

This is crazy! I mean, there are some very dedicated players who will complete this time-consuming achievement, but I don't have that kind patience. So please, fix this achievement and put the max amount of people frozen with stasis beans at a reasonable amount. Like 450 mechs instead of 900 mechs.

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Nov 22, 2023, 12:0211/22/23
02/10/23
King’sArenaYT

i

This is crazy! I mean, there are some very dedicated players who will complete this time-consuming achievement, but I don't have that kind patience. So please, fix this achievement and put the max amount of people frozen with stasis beans at a reasonable amount. Like 450 mechs instead of 900 mechs.

Will take your suggestion into account! Nonetheless, the idea of Achievements to be competitive and it's meant that only the most professional players will complete everything 😉

Nov 22, 2023, 15:4411/22/23
08/27/23

Hello King’s arena

Nov 22, 2023, 15:4611/22/23
08/27/23

Im at like 85% achievment with tengu!

Nov 22, 2023, 15:4811/22/23
08/27/23

But realy tengu is a great mech

Nov 22, 2023, 20:4311/22/23
02/16/23
GoldenglowYT

Hello King’s arena

Hey buddy! I love tengu and I'm still at 94% on tengu. So close!

Dec 7, 2023, 19:4112/07/23
09/17/21

#BUFFTENGU 

LET'S GO BABY THE MOVEMENT IS REAL! 

I'm basically just where you are with a 12 energy tengu. The Scrapyard devil is my favourite skin in the game, and I haven't even started on the stasis achievements yet. 

Please devs, please at least change the RPG to any missle weapon... It's worse than grinding tourney 

Dec 7, 2023, 19:4312/07/23
09/17/21
King’sArenaYT

Hey buddy! I love tengu and I'm still at 94% on tengu. So close!

Yeah I'm on 98% I think. 

It's soooo close but actually soooooooo far away 

Dec 7, 2023, 22:1612/07/23
02/16/23

Oof! I wish I could get myself to put in the work, but I can't! The stasis beam and RPG achievements are just downright terrible. I just got my tengu up to 12 energy, so I've decided that with the help of frag gun 6s, I can finish off at least the CPC achievement.