All Categories

Sponsored Videos: Reduction in Daily A-Coins

Search
Sep 29, 2023, 13:4509/29/23
09/30/22

This is a dangerous trend that your marketing departmen is playing with. If you continue to choke out ways for free players to earn A-coins that will adversely affect participatoon.

please stop taking away options for players to earn game currency. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 1, 2023, 14:0610/01/23
07/04/21

Agreed.  For me, I'm done watching ads as soon as this goes in.  Sick of this crap.

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Oct 2, 2023, 11:4110/02/23
02/10/23

Hello! Since its introduction, we have conducted tests on different aspects of the Sponsored Videos feature, including the rewards it offers. Our team diligently gathered data from these tests, conducted essential analyses, and ultimately decided to standardize the rewards for all players using the Sponsored Videos option. When adjusting these rewards, we carefully evaluate a range of factors that contribute to the game's overall balance. This is why occasional changes like this are necessary.

Oct 2, 2023, 13:1310/02/23
06/20/22
CrystalDrew

Hello! Since its introduction, we have conducted tests on different aspects of the Sponsored Videos feature, including the rewards it offers. Our team diligently gathered data from these tests, conducted essential analyses, and ultimately decided to standardize the rewards for all players using the Sponsored Videos option. When adjusting these rewards, we carefully evaluate a range of factors that contribute to the game's overall balance. This is why occasional changes like this are necessary.

You're "balancing" the economy to coerce players to pay.

Oct 2, 2023, 19:1510/02/23
07/04/21
BAAB

You're "balancing" the economy to coerce players to pay.

That's exactly right.  EVERY single move they have made lately has had the intent of wringing every little bit of profit they thing they can. 

They DO NOT listen to our feedback in any way that's identifiable to us.

They DO NOT care about our opinions.  Ifd they did, then the complaints of the copmmunity would have some action on them.

They are only interested in $$$.  Otherwise they would have addressed the TERRIBLE bots in some of the last few releases.  Instead they have only offered MORE things to BUY, and LESS rewards.

Oct 2, 2023, 20:5110/02/23
08/04/22

Gamer philosophy. What payrium don't seem to realise is the concept of gamer loyalty and familiarisation and rewards. By this I mean something like the derby - the rewards are so bad I don't grind to achieve them. If I don't grind I don't play as much. If I don't play as much I'm less likely to pay for anything. Wringing every acoin away from the player base is actually counter productive and people would spend more if there was more progress and opportunities. 

Oct 3, 2023, 06:2710/03/23
09/04/23
CrystalDrew

Oh, how utterly surprising and innovative of you to conduct tests! I mean, who would have thought that testing features in a game could lead to making decisions? Bravo!

Your team's diligent data gathering and essential analyses must have been an epic saga of heroic proportions. I can only imagine the countless hours spent debating whether to adjust the rewards for Sponsored Videos in your virtual realm. It's almost like you were deciding the fate of an entire universe, not just some in-game rewards.

And the way you carefully evaluate factors for game balance, oh, it's like watching a tightrope walker balance on a string made of mathematical equations. I mean, who cares if players were actually enjoying the game and its rewards before you standardized them? Balance is everything, right?

Yes, yes, occasional changes like this are indeed necessary. Who needs stability and consistency when you can keep players on their toes, wondering what'll be "carefully evaluated" next? It's not like people play games for fun or anything.

I'm sure players will appreciate your diligent efforts to thoroughly test their patience. 

Oct 3, 2023, 08:4010/03/23
09/01/23
Lark

Gamer philosophy. What payrium don't seem to realise is the concept of gamer loyalty and familiarisation and rewards. By this I mean something like the derby - the rewards are so bad I don't grind to achieve them. If I don't grind I don't play as much. If I don't play as much I'm less likely to pay for anything. Wringing every acoin away from the player base is actually counter productive and people would spend more if there was more progress and opportunities. 

I fully support this.

Oct 3, 2023, 14:0410/03/23
09/30/22
HellSparq

Oh, how utterly surprising and innovative of you to conduct tests! I mean, who would have thought that testing features in a game could lead to making decisions? Bravo!

Your team's diligent data gathering and essential analyses must have been an epic saga of heroic proportions. I can only imagine the countless hours spent debating whether to adjust the rewards for Sponsored Videos in your virtual realm. It's almost like you were deciding the fate of an entire universe, not just some in-game rewards.

And the way you carefully evaluate factors for game balance, oh, it's like watching a tightrope walker balance on a string made of mathematical equations. I mean, who cares if players were actually enjoying the game and its rewards before you standardized them? Balance is everything, right?

Yes, yes, occasional changes like this are indeed necessary. Who needs stability and consistency when you can keep players on their toes, wondering what'll be "carefully evaluated" next? It's not like people play games for fun or anything.

I'm sure players will appreciate your diligent efforts to thoroughly test their patience. 

The sarcasm is strong with this one.... I love it!

You actually bring up a really good point, which is that players develop habits and consistency based on daily rewards and activities. Im constantly wondering what is going to get "balanced" next.  Balance to platinum is synonymous with broken to players

Oct 3, 2023, 16:3910/03/23
08/04/22

The game relies on, as do all pay model mobile games, imbalance. A great FTP player loses to an average whale. If that's what's considered balance then all good. 

Oct 3, 2023, 22:4310/03/23
06/20/22
Divine

The sarcasm is strong with this one.... I love it!

You actually bring up a really good point, which is that players develop habits and consistency based on daily rewards and activities. Im constantly wondering what is going to get "balanced" next.  Balance to platinum is synonymous with broken to players

As well I'm done guessing which a-coins source is going to get stripped next that players complain about and also won't even be acknowledged at all unless in private, that's if it is at all.

Oct 10, 2023, 06:2610/10/23
07/25/20
BAAB

As well I'm done guessing which a-coins source is going to get stripped next that players complain about and also won't even be acknowledged at all unless in private, that's if it is at all.

next to go the 200 weekly i bet

Oct 11, 2023, 12:5410/11/23
12/19/22

As much as I really do hate that they have removed another source of ACoins, as a PC only player, I'm happy they got rid of this particular one.  Adds are still not available to PC only players and with Mech taking away all the other sources of ACoins, it was really putting an unfair advantage in the hands of mobile players.

We NEED more regular sources for ACoins, and soon!!!  They need to be something that everyone can get for minimal effort.  To many sources have been taken away lately.

Oct 13, 2023, 13:3210/13/23
02/10/23
GothIxkin

As much as I really do hate that they have removed another source of ACoins, as a PC only player, I'm happy they got rid of this particular one.  Adds are still not available to PC only players and with Mech taking away all the other sources of ACoins, it was really putting an unfair advantage in the hands of mobile players.

We NEED more regular sources for ACoins, and soon!!!  They need to be something that everyone can get for minimal effort.  To many sources have been taken away lately.

Hello! For today, you can earn A-Coins by:

• taking part in the Events
  • completing Objectives and Achievements
  • joining Tournaments
  • moving through Progress Path
  • there are always affordable Offers
  • Mech Arena Store

Moreover, we launched a cool Poetry Challenge on our Discord server. Try your luck! The main prize is 1000 A-Coins and an Event Token! 👌

Oct 17, 2023, 07:4810/17/23
07/25/20
CrystalDrew

• joining Tournaments
  • Mech Arena Store

Moreover, we launched a cool Poetry Challenge on our Discord server. Try your luck! The main prize is 1000 A-Coins and an Event Token! 👌

removed vault blitz so now only the top what 3 players even get a coins what a joke. playoffs are a complete joke and have been as such since there start. tourneys are a joke if you don't have enough stupid tickets and you end up with high levels doing 10k points or more. progress path is beyond slow to get anything from it. achievements are as well slow. doing the mission for mechs and weapons end up forcing us to blow a coins to set up pilots for said mechs and weapons.... as i can see the stupid store is the only decent option...... sarcasm. ah a poetry challenge how cool and totally unique and boring as can be. yall even removed a coins for ads. literally the only other ways are the 200 weekly or hoping you get lucky opening vaults and the keys take a while to get unless you buy them which would make it pointless. good job dealing with the constant spam bots in game and on the forums... sarcasm

Oct 17, 2023, 10:0210/17/23
Oct 17, 2023, 13:17(edited)
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

• joining Tournaments
  • Mech Arena Store

Incredible you're not even hiding you're trying to get people to spend more. That's quite the message. "Hey we didn't take away all your methods of earning a-coins, just one of the most reliable and accessible ones. And if you're really upset, why don't you try spending some real money? 😁"

There is no hope for this so called "game"

Oct 17, 2023, 13:0810/17/23
12/19/22
CrystalDrew

• joining Tournaments
  • Mech Arena Store

I missed this response when it first came out.  I appreciate the response, and you are right, there are some opportunities out there, but not in the way that you can get much for spending $0.  I am a free to play player.

taking part in the Events  - The playoff event is a joke for Free to play players, I haven't even been able to sniff the leader board and I'm playing 20 - 30 matches a day.  Additionally, the specialization sprees used to give ACoins, but now they are only giving crates, 0-10 ACoins, if you are lucky.

completing Objectives and Achievements  - There are only three ACoins related achievement milestones for each mech and they can only be complete once.  It takes a lot of time and effort to gain these (especially when you have achievements that are nearly impossible to do - Arachnos "Once Bitten" anyone?)

joining Tournaments - I do them all.  As a Free to play player, I have to be VERY strategic about how I play these.  On my best weeks, I can pull in 300 ACoins for the entire tournament.  However the AVERAGE is more like 150.  

moving through Progress Path  - Ah yes, great thing.  I have a 19% chance at 100-200 ACoins every 6,400 XP.  I never see the roll, there is no animation for it, I don't even know when I get one of the other prizes either.

there are always affordable Offers  - Free to play player here.

Mech Arena Store  - Free to play player here. 

I really do appreciate the response, but for my question, it doesn't answer the point of it.  Plarium is taking away a number of easy to get sources for ACoins and replacing them with highly competitive sources that so strongly encourage pay to play its laughable.  

I'll put it another way.  I've been playing for 9 months.  If I was to start a brand new account and play for another 9 months with the way the game is now, there is no way on earth I'd be in the same position I am now.  If I made all the same decisions and everything, I'd be ACoin locked on tier 3 right now.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Oct 29, 2023, 20:2910/29/23
10/19/20
HellSparq

The unsurprising conclusion was " hey let's take away Acoins from the players " ...yet...again.

Just like the same arguments when Plarium took away Ledgendary Soul Stones as a monthly reward from Raid players. And I've played that from the 

Nov 12, 2023, 06:1011/12/23
02/16/23

I remember way back when you could watch an ad for 10 fortune keys DAILY. I still don't know why the devs would get rid of the most efficient way to get fortune vault keys, but it is probably because they would rather extract money from many players wallets instead of handing out a few daily keys.

Nov 14, 2023, 11:4011/14/23
02/10/23
King’sArenaYT

I remember way back when you could watch an ad for 10 fortune keys DAILY. I still don't know why the devs would get rid of the most efficient way to get fortune vault keys, but it is probably because they would rather extract money from many players wallets instead of handing out a few daily keys.

Various elements of the Sponsored Videos feature have been tested since its launch, including the rewards within the feature. Our team had been collecting the data that the tests provided, ran necessary analyses, and reached the decision to unify the reward for all players who have the Sponsored Videos option. When balancing the rewards, our team takes into consideration a variety of factors that comprise the overall game balance. That is why sometimes we have to make changes like this. 

Nov 14, 2023, 21:4811/14/23
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

Various elements of the Sponsored Videos feature have been tested since its launch, including the rewards within the feature. Our team had been collecting the data that the tests provided, ran necessary analyses, and reached the decision to unify the reward for all players who have the Sponsored Videos option. When balancing the rewards, our team takes into consideration a variety of factors that comprise the overall game balance. That is why sometimes we have to make changes like this. 

You know how this wouldn't be a problem? Maybe if you didn't also constantly make it harder to earn a-coins from events!