All Categories

Thank you to the devs who fixed this

Search
May 1, 2023, 21:5405/01/23
08/25/20

I understand why most of the issues always discussed are about matchmaking, gear and resources. But I feel like a lot of the little functionality issues get overlooked because of that. And that stuff actually can aggravate me more. So I just wanted to do a post for a functionality fix that happened a while ago and yet I appreciate it all the the time when I am playing and am so happy it got resolved.

So to whoever in the team fixed all the emoji issues, I just want to say "THANK YOU!" Thank you, thank you, thank you! For so long I would accidentally hit the "angry" emoji trying to fire off one last shot as I died. I hated it because I came off as such a sour grape. I mean it happened to a lot of people too, so many folks understood, but others never experienced it, especially the PC players. And if I kept playing against the same person and kept hitting "angry" over time, it really made me uncomfortable. Worse, while sometimes I could change it to another emoji, so they saw I wasn't angry at them, often that wouldn't work either. In fact, I don't know about other folks, but for a long time I'd have problems sending any emoji deliberately. My assumption is that the devs were adjusting the screen sensitivity because of this issue and that this may be a device-specific problem as well, making it more complicated (would really love to hear if either was the case or what was going on tbh).

In any case (knock on wood), it has been fixed for a while now and seems not just fixed for me but the wider player base as well. It still happens to me and other players occasionally, but far, far less it used to. And now we can correct it and flash another emoji, which helps a lot. Best of all I can now regularly send emojis deliberately and actually be friendly with folks. So if the community mods can pass on my thanks to whatever devs got it done, please do. And if this is still an issue for other folks in different phone models or such, please get it fixed for everyone. The social aspect of the game matters - feeling like you can't control it is really unfun. It might not get talked about as much, but I've seen it mentioned in more than a few player-to-player chats, so it definitely matters to people.

Views
Comments
Comments
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
May 2, 2023, 13:2505/02/23
02/10/23

Hello! Thanks a lot, we are glad you appreciate our work! We are constantly working on the improvements for the game and do hope it will become even better soon! 🙂