All Categories

League Brawl Has Been Updated

Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted

League Brawl Has Been Updated

Lords and Ladies,

We have implemented some changes to the League Brawl.

The Rewards for winning against your Opponent League have been modified, so be sure to fight hard and grab them when you can. You also have the chance to earn League Silver and League Gold, too.

Progression through the Stages has been updated as well, so keep an eye out as you advance through the Brawl.

Rally your League and get those Rewards!

Lord Oberon
Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall 

Views
Comments
Apr 19, 2023, 12:0204/19/23
Apr 19, 2023, 12:0404/19/23
02/22/16

Thank you for the update

MicModerator
Apr 19, 2023, 12:3704/19/23
02/22/19

Thanks for introduced silver and gold too in the rewards 😍

Apr 19, 2023, 13:0204/19/23
02/02/16

Could you all share bit more of the details??

MicModerator
Apr 19, 2023, 14:3004/19/23
02/22/19

Hello Lord Gwidion , you can see the changes here in the brawl teaser --> rewards in tiers  :

i

Apr 19, 2023, 18:3404/19/23
07/22/19

This update is a mistake.

The brawl has been ruined as a competition as virtually all leagues just trade archers with eachother for fake PvP points. That is also important for the game balance as the brawl rewards represent a huge proportion of the troops entering the game (for instance WAY more important than keeping your troop queues full and running).

I get why Plarium would see many leagues reaching 30m and think that the brawl needed new levels. But you needed to stop and understand HOW people were reaching 30m and fix that first. Points scoring would then be real and the need for increased levels would have evapourated.

The Broken Mechanic:

PvP points are not proportional to the power of the units killed.

i

Base Power of an archer is 19. Base power of a dragon is 1680. 

The dragon is 88 times more powerful and therefore should 88 times more of an achievement to kill in PvP than an archer.

But in the brawl points structure killing a dragon is just 4 times more points. 

With that structure why would anyone do REAL PvP? Real PvP is expensive in troop losses and takes time and effort to find. But the points gained would be just 3 or 4 times more than simply buildings archers and then spamming them into each others beacons/fort/castles for MASSIVE points from MINIMAL losses.

The brawl should be / used to be the ultimate challenge between leagues. The ultimate test of the whole league's activity level and their skill and knowledge of the game in scoring points most effectively.

Unfortunately now it's just a mockery. 

Inactive, alt leagues now reach max rewards simply by running an exploit. They gain massive unbalancing levels of troop rewards. And the rankings / results are meaningless, no one has any idea how their league actually ranks based on it's ability/power.

There will be a lot of people who won't agree with this post as removing the expoit is not in their self interest of grabbing massive brawl rewards they don't deserve but this is ultimately ruining the game for everyone.

OlenkaAdmin
Apr 20, 2023, 12:4204/20/23
10/31/22
Hideous Nightmare

This update is a mistake.

The brawl has been ruined as a competition as virtually all leagues just trade archers with eachother for fake PvP points. That is also important for the game balance as the brawl rewards represent a huge proportion of the troops entering the game (for instance WAY more important than keeping your troop queues full and running).

I get why Plarium would see many leagues reaching 30m and think that the brawl needed new levels. But you needed to stop and understand HOW people were reaching 30m and fix that first. Points scoring would then be real and the need for increased levels would have evapourated.

The Broken Mechanic:

PvP points are not proportional to the power of the units killed.

i

Base Power of an archer is 19. Base power of a dragon is 1680. 

The dragon is 88 times more powerful and therefore should 88 times more of an achievement to kill in PvP than an archer.

But in the brawl points structure killing a dragon is just 4 times more points. 

With that structure why would anyone do REAL PvP? Real PvP is expensive in troop losses and takes time and effort to find. But the points gained would be just 3 or 4 times more than simply buildings archers and then spamming them into each others beacons/fort/castles for MASSIVE points from MINIMAL losses.

The brawl should be / used to be the ultimate challenge between leagues. The ultimate test of the whole league's activity level and their skill and knowledge of the game in scoring points most effectively.

Unfortunately now it's just a mockery. 

Inactive, alt leagues now reach max rewards simply by running an exploit. They gain massive unbalancing levels of troop rewards. And the rankings / results are meaningless, no one has any idea how their league actually ranks based on it's ability/power.

There will be a lot of people who won't agree with this post as removing the expoit is not in their self interest of grabbing massive brawl rewards they don't deserve but this is ultimately ruining the game for everyone.

Thank you for such detailed and interesting feedback! I'm sure each league will find an ultimate strategy and unique approach to this tournament. 

BiohazarDModerator
Apr 20, 2023, 15:1804/20/23
10/04/13

Yeah every league I've talked to does archer trades for the majority of their points.  It does get boring after a while, but the rewards from brawl are too big to not do it and scoring points any other way is so much more expensive than trading archers.  

Apr 22, 2023, 00:2804/22/23
04/04/16

There ALWAYS seems a bias in the game these days towards the larger, high ranking leagues. Makes the gap between the top and the rest of the world larger. I note that sketch rewards have been moved into higher Platinum Stage rewards making them unlikely to be obtained by the small and middle type leagues where they are most needed for developement. Please move sketch rewards lower, not higher in Stage rewards. Would be nice to have more as well. :-)

Apr 22, 2023, 13:5104/22/23
02/22/16

The game  tries to reward more as a League  progresses and  grows from achiveiments  and amassing troops and the more  growth based league activies Completed the better the  rewards. 

We encourage growth and set goals that give greater rewards for greater effort

your comment will of course be forwarded for consideration

Apr 23, 2023, 06:5604/23/23
04/04/16

Thank you Welsey. I hope these extrs thoughts may also be useful.

If you are unable to get the enough of the increasingly large amounts of needed sketches and saps at lower levels, and the increasingly large amounts of time boosts required to continue development fast enough, with the seemingly ever increasing push for players to have more and more units by Plarium, its very easy to get to a sufficating food point where the ONLY effective way forward is to max Beastiary for the -50% consumption. And that is so very sketch and time expensive it can easily be out of reach for many players.

Lower Brawl Stage rewards would seem a really good place to reward lower and middle level active league players with sufficient saps and sketches (not just a token amount) so they can attempt to keep developing. In general, I would suggest the higher the Brawl Tier, the larger the amounts of sketches, saps and time boosts those players need to keep develeoping. Seems atm Plarium is missing this opportunity by making it harder, not easier for developing players to earn those essential items. 

Apr 23, 2023, 15:0704/23/23
05/21/16

I play battlegrounds, I lost 10 000 units this weekend, I earn 600 000 points in league brawl... league gold is the only usefull reward I get. 

Apr 23, 2023, 16:2204/23/23
Apr 23, 2023, 16:22(edited)
02/22/16
Ozi APii

Thank you Welsey. I hope these extrs thoughts may also be useful.

If you are unable to get the enough of the increasingly large amounts of needed sketches and saps at lower levels, and the increasingly large amounts of time boosts required to continue development fast enough, with the seemingly ever increasing push for players to have more and more units by Plarium, its very easy to get to a sufficating food point where the ONLY effective way forward is to max Beastiary for the -50% consumption. And that is so very sketch and time expensive it can easily be out of reach for many players.

Lower Brawl Stage rewards would seem a really good place to reward lower and middle level active league players with sufficient saps and sketches (not just a token amount) so they can attempt to keep developing. In general, I would suggest the higher the Brawl Tier, the larger the amounts of sketches, saps and time boosts those players need to keep develeoping. Seems atm Plarium is missing this opportunity by making it harder, not easier for developing players to earn those essential items. 

Ok it  doesn't matter how  many ways  you try to spin it Mate . The  game  is  geared to reward  achivement and  advancement. to put  the  better  rewards at the  start  is to reward  medicocrity and  to have  lesser valued  prizes toward  the end is counter  productive to giving players  incentive to be at the top. 

That is  my opinion  as I said your  opinion is  also noted now  leave it to the  devs to decide.

Apr 23, 2023, 16:4004/23/23
04/28/14

The rewards for the 40M stage are, based on the required extra cost of troops and effort,  sad to say the least. Removing the Eldritch Dragons and Undead Dragons from the 30M stage...also sad. Plarium wants us to do more work in the Brawl for lesser rewards. Are they using Walmart's business model? If people put up with this nonsense I wll be surprised.

Apr 25, 2023, 09:0904/25/23

The brawl holds little interest for us now. The rewards are not worth the effort. PvP is a joke. Leagues are miss matched. We know who is going to win before it even starts. We often discuss whose turn it is to take the brawl overall. Like most of the rest of the game little return on value asked to ovber pay for.

Apr 25, 2023, 09:1004/25/23

Critisism oh my.