All Categories

USELESS champ-please explain

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 13, 2023, 16:1409/13/23
02/20/17

Hi.I did some tests with this so "very rare and priceless" fragmentation champ and i see no gain except for boosting legendary troops ... can any1 explain exactly what is this champ good for and what benefits brings?? thanks..

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 13, 2023, 17:3409/13/23
02/22/16

While  engaged it is  supposed  to increase All of  your  defense units  defense  values 

i

This  one  seems  to work  pretty good wondering  when I will see another one  LOL

Sep 13, 2023, 19:4809/13/23
Sep 13, 2023, 20:16(edited)
02/20/17
Wesley Pringle

While  engaged it is  supposed  to increase All of  your  defense units  defense  values 

i

This  one  seems  to work  pretty good wondering  when I will see another one  LOL

Ok  increase all defense units values where?  in castle?  whil doing btgs?  while defending a hamlet?  a siege?  i really dont see any changes .. and btw  it  called LEGENDARY UNIT DEFENSE champ

Sep 14, 2023, 10:3809/14/23
Sep 14, 2023, 20:31(edited)
12/13/14

" I  was  told  after  asking  that they effect all units "

It seems clear to me that Battleguard and Warhawk only boost the off/def Stats of Legendary Units,  not Legendary Support Bonuses or Support Size etc ... and most definitely do not affect ALL unit types,  which makes these new champions pretty useless (along with the new Hamlet Champion)

https://prnt.sc/xNNnEgiY-Ug8

The only saving grace is that they may help with our zero-loss armies,  but will have minimal effect on any normal army strength

Sep 14, 2023, 20:1709/14/23
02/22/16

When ledgendary units abillities are increased  it has a flow on effect with the units that it is supporting so maybe  I should of explained it in that  way as to not confuse you 

Sep 14, 2023, 20:2009/14/23
02/22/16

any  units  that  are  not preforming as  you think they  should  you  can fill out a support ticket and  report it 

Sep 14, 2023, 20:3509/14/23
12/13/14

We need to see 'before and after' screenshots,  but I see no way that any normal units can be affected by these champions

It clearly states  Legendary Unit Defense

Sep 15, 2023, 01:0309/15/23
07/17/21

These champions are confusing, that is for sure.

BiohazarDModerator
Sep 19, 2023, 17:1209/19/23
10/04/13

It's called the "Legendary Unit Defense" champion, if you look in the bonuses it says it increases legendary unit defense (in 4 different places).  I don't see what's confusing about this.  

i

i

i

i

This bonus applies everywhere you can send defense, except for team bgs where no bonuses apply.  

Sep 30, 2023, 14:4209/30/23
Sep 30, 2023, 14:44(edited)
12/13/14

It is still too confusing to identify exactly HOW these bonuses are applied.

Why does Archangel strength show as 7410.3 in all screenshots?  Why hide the true stats?

and how does it work when normal champions are added  ....  or when used with Stoneheart Legendaries?

Oct 13, 2023, 12:1110/13/23
10/09/21

It is clear that the new champion will still contribute a good bonus depending on the number of these legendary units.  And it seems that processing all new changes takes some time on the server, which affects the quick display of information.  This is like in tournaments, where your results and new points in tournaments are not immediately displayed, but this does not mean that nothing happened or that nothing happened.  This idea of ​​new champions seems designed to increase interest in buying more legendary units.  I also checked, all legendary champions work correctly, enjoy :]

Oct 31, 2023, 00:3710/31/23
07/22/19

The User Interface numbers are pretty much "indictative" for a long time.

For instance if you attack a beacon, the number shown isn't your actually offence power as it doesn't add in the Wisdom bonus you might have for that type of location.

If you equip that legendary champ and then go look at your garrison strength at hamlet or beacon - absolutely no change.

The actual battle calculations are done fully and with a completely different set correct formulae. The User intereface calcs are done seperately and can be wrong.

Make of that what you will. Feature? Bug? Lazniess? Incompetence?

I have a spreadsheet for calculating army power. Run it so I don't have to turn bonuses on. I can tell you that calculating army power has got more and more and more difficult. They keep adding units, legendaries, champs with wierd bonuses which make the calculations insantly complex.

So I have some sympathy with the devs, because the marketing dept and the design ppl have run away with just adding new stuff with no idea the complexity. And we wonder why the servers might lag sometimes.

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 31, 2023, 01:4610/31/23
10/04/13
Hideous Nightmare

The User Interface numbers are pretty much "indictative" for a long time.

For instance if you attack a beacon, the number shown isn't your actually offence power as it doesn't add in the Wisdom bonus you might have for that type of location.

If you equip that legendary champ and then go look at your garrison strength at hamlet or beacon - absolutely no change.

The actual battle calculations are done fully and with a completely different set correct formulae. The User intereface calcs are done seperately and can be wrong.

Make of that what you will. Feature? Bug? Lazniess? Incompetence?

I have a spreadsheet for calculating army power. Run it so I don't have to turn bonuses on. I can tell you that calculating army power has got more and more and more difficult. They keep adding units, legendaries, champs with wierd bonuses which make the calculations insantly complex.

So I have some sympathy with the devs, because the marketing dept and the design ppl have run away with just adding new stuff with no idea the complexity. And we wonder why the servers might lag sometimes.

Yeah there are a ton of calculations that go on whenever there's a battle, and it probably gets a bit worse every time they add new units or bonuses.  Here's hoping Plarium has good servers for all that work haha.  

Btw the power shown in the send screen also doesn't seem to include the individual and league offense bonuses available for gold in the league shop, so make sure to consider those in your spreadsheet as well.