glory points

glory points

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 23, 2018, 15:0506/23/18
09/17/16

glory points

Glory points have become very difficult to gain... I have played this game several times over with a new city.  All were able to achieve the full agreement tree in a relatively short time.

With this account Ive been stuck due to drought in GP awards.  I have just been able to get Thureophoros... I have worked for several months trying to get the 200 GP required to get Sassiphoros articles... not a chance.  Even maxing every opportunity I cant get there.  This will kill new players entering the game unless they join a major coalition who will not accept new players.

Has Plarium changed their strategy or is this just an oversight?  No current PVP tournaments have any GP rewards.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 23, 2018, 19:0706/23/18
11/05/15

Hi VSOP, GP's do drop from time to time as rewards in tournaments but not as often as they used to 

I have moved your post to the game discussion forum as this is not a bug in the game 

Morteeee
Jun 25, 2018, 11:0406/25/18
09/17/16
Is there a reason for this?  Chasing new players away?  It will take a year or two to get enough GPs to complete the agreement tree...
Jun 25, 2018, 11:2206/25/18
02/13/17

Something like older players had way too many, and didnt know what to do with the GPs..

- isolated that do make sense.

But to more or less remove GPs, and as you and others talk about, will make it very hard to get enough to upgrade basic stuff.. troops.. is ridiculous.

- its super stupid.

Aaand I dont believe the people are stupid, so I believe they aim to make it harder and harder, for everyone, and eventually... end this game.

It makes NO SENSE to make it harder for new players. 

And also this "upgrade" to a new engine.. I can play. But I read everything, and that has made a lot of damage it seems.

So yeah, I think its GAME OVER at some point, and I assume it will come like lightning.. One day we get a message like, "The game will be online until..." so we get like 14 days to fuk around.

- just like the special offer, a special coalition logo.

Have a nice day!!

Jun 25, 2018, 13:2506/25/18
05/30/15
Heads up new players/alts. GPs are available in today's pan tourney. Fill your boots !
Jun 25, 2018, 15:4306/25/18
02/29/16

Hello, Archons!

Yes, we decreased the number of GP in the Tournaments some time ago as too many players complained they have nothing to spend them on.

But now devs decided to increase their number again and add new Items more experienced players can purchase using GPs :) So, in the near future you should be able to collect them faster ;)

Jun 25, 2018, 15:5906/25/18
Jun 25, 2018, 18:58(edited)
02/13/17

All alt's should be removed. But nooo...

Its perfectly fine and normal that people have 2-4-8-15 cities.. No problem.

Doesnt it like fuk with the concept of the game? No no dont be stupid... Its no problem.

But it is/was against the rules? Yes. But now its normal.

- DONT ARGUE WITH THE STAFF !! I WILL BAN YOU !! THIS WAS A WARNING !!!

Huge wallet, or some old guy who has all the time in the world having 2-4-6-10 cities, very common, playing versus normal mortal guy with a normal life and job, and one city in this game he saw some ad from and liked the idea of the game. Either the guy quit in a few months or he realise he will never be able to actually compete. But its all good, no problem, it been like that for years, no need for changes.

- get a coalition archon.. j**** f***** christ.

Plus you have super users, I am not sure whether it is hired players who play for peanuts or the staff itself. Its so sick. But its normal, dont worry about it.

- it sounds like one of these conspiracies again... Yes yes sure.

Do you feel my energy? F** * !

Send your goons after me in-game, I need points.

And do it while I am online - since I cant just put a mortal guy defence outside my city, since you have people who are able to throw 100s of PA's - game ruin? very much! But its okay, its normal. You guys have no clue what you are doing, versus making a better business. But dont worry, its normal, no need for changes.

Have a nice day! 

Jun 26, 2018, 05:5606/26/18
11/05/15

complaints and feedback and opinions are allowed 

rudeness and insults arent (not saying you were just highlighting the rules thats all) 

If complaints were not allowed I would have been both banned and removed from the mod team! 
Jul 2, 2018, 11:1807/02/18
02/16/16
Alina Phoenix said:

Yes, we decreased the number of GP in the Tournaments some time ago as too many players complained they have nothing to spend them on.

Now that is one of the most hilarious yet insulting answers I have seen here form Moderators. Who would complain that they have too many  GPs? You got to be kidding me! I have 2950 GPs myself, yet I would never have such a sick idea to complain about it. 
Jul 2, 2018, 13:1507/02/18
02/29/16

misotisa said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Now that is one of the most hilarious yet insulting answers I have seen here form Moderators. Who would complain that they have too many  GPs? You got to be kidding me! I have 2950 GPs myself, yet I would never have such a sick idea to complain about it. 

I don't want my answer to sound insulting in any way. I just say why this decision was made by devs some time ago. 

All players are different and they have different complaints. So, something that is absolutely fine for you, can be not suitable for somebody else :(
Jul 4, 2018, 09:4807/04/18
02/16/16
Alina Phoenix said:

But now devs decided to increase their number again and add new Items more experienced players can purchase using GPs :) So, in the near future you should be able to collect them faster ;)

New items sounds great. I would be very happy if 30 days dominion activator could be 'bought' by GPs.
Jul 5, 2018, 10:2707/05/18
02/29/16

misotisa said:

Alina Phoenix said:

New items sounds great. I would be very happy if 30 days dominion activator could be 'bought' by GPs.

I wil forward your idea to devs :)

Thanks!
Dec 3, 2023, 13:5812/03/23
02/02/23
Alina Phoenix

misotisa said:

Alina Phoenix said:

I wil forward your idea to devs :)

Thanks!

Perhaps an items exchange platform might help newer and intermediate players?

A place to exchange excessive items like (Cotton,, am I wrong?) and Glory Points.. Perhaps being exchangeable for boosts or other base resources could better serve up and coming players to help keep things interesting for them? Exchange rates can vary and should be relatively portable; keeping players motivated and strategic, while also aligning closer to a real life in this hopefully ever-growing game. It would be nice to have an ability to reduce the clutter and overabundence of items. 

I probably should have started a new topic. Or searched to see if this idea has already been presented. 

At the moment I'm just trying to find out whether or not Glory Points are accumlated by each participating Jarl in a particular Clan Comp. (i.e. 15,000 GP x # of participating Jarls) - which I am hoping is so as it is one more thing to encourge clan members to play and clans to build their members rouster. I'm sure I will figure it out after a few members chime in, but thought I'd do a quick search to see how that part of the system works. - with no clear avail. 

KatiaModerator
Dec 3, 2023, 20:5112/03/23
01/31/18
Thenite187

Perhaps an items exchange platform might help newer and intermediate players?

A place to exchange excessive items like (Cotton,, am I wrong?) and Glory Points.. Perhaps being exchangeable for boosts or other base resources could better serve up and coming players to help keep things interesting for them? Exchange rates can vary and should be relatively portable; keeping players motivated and strategic, while also aligning closer to a real life in this hopefully ever-growing game. It would be nice to have an ability to reduce the clutter and overabundence of items. 

I probably should have started a new topic. Or searched to see if this idea has already been presented. 

At the moment I'm just trying to find out whether or not Glory Points are accumlated by each participating Jarl in a particular Clan Comp. (i.e. 15,000 GP x # of participating Jarls) - which I am hoping is so as it is one more thing to encourge clan members to play and clans to build their members rouster. I'm sure I will figure it out after a few members chime in, but thought I'd do a quick search to see how that part of the system works. - with no clear avail. 

Hello Archon. I'm not sure what game you are referring to, as Sparta doesn't have any cotton as a resource, and all the rest you saying makes no sense to me. I can assure you that I've been playing this game for more than 9 years, but I don't understand you. The topic is very old and it was made clear, all the previous years,  what we can exchange at port are plain resources and articles, and nothing else. I hope for your understanding Archon, but this case is closed, as the topic was posted  5 years ago.