Все Категории

Suggestions to make battles in Helheim more convenient

Поиск
24 окт. 2020, 01:1324.10.20

Hi dev team,

First of all, I love the new minigame and have been putting a lot of effort in it. After much grinding, I came up with some suggestions to ease the pain in Helheim and it would be great if you guys can take a look at them.

1. "Auto battle" should be by default. There are 3 things that make this button annoying/redundant:

- Clicking this button is a no-brainer, so having to do it feels very unnecessary. I have never completed any battle in manual mode, and I dont know anybody who doesn't use "auto battle" feature.

- Input on this game isn't always perfect, so sometimes I have to click 2 or 3 times to have the input registered. Sometimes button feedback is delayed slightly, resulting in me clicking a second time, but then this second click is super punishing in the way that it turns off "auto battle" mode, and so I have to click again (a third click) to turn it on. In case the third click is not registered correctly (miss the button, network lag, etc.), I will again need to compensate for it.

- When entering a chamber where there is a warrior of gloom, essentially I have to put in 2 inputs (enter the room and turn on "auto battle") but there is an animation delay in between that lasts about 2-3 seconds. During that delay, I have nothing to do but staring at the particle effect and wait so I can click "auto battle". It's such a waste of time and doesn't feel thoughful.

All these problems are solved by turning "auto battle" mode on by default. That way, players can save 1 click in each battle, which scales up with the number of battles/node and the free marks of resolve/day. I can only imagine this feature being well-received by players.

2. Remove option to leave node ("back to floor") after having killed the boss

I understand the motivation behind this feature and can see that it's very beginner-friendly. However, there are several reasons why I think the minigame is better without it.

- Once having past the beginner level, players would learn that it is better to continue fighting in the node instead of leaving with 1 star. This is especially true for when players have reached higher floors and need to grind exp, then the option to leave node with 1 star makes very little sense. In fact the only times I have chosen "back to floor" option were because I miss clicked while actually wanting to "continue exploration".

- This option could create a wrong impression that it is the only chance that you can leave the node, while in fact players are free to leave the node at any point. I think dev team did a wonderful job to save the state of the battle in Helheim, but some people might just never get to experience it since they don't want to risk losing progress and try to complete the whole node in one go. This is my first-hand experience as well.

- As far as I concern, there is no difference between leaving after getting 1 star, finishing node with 2/3 stars, dying or forced leaving (player closing the battle view). If "back to floor" were different than other methods of leaving just ever slightly, for example, the defeat wouldn't be counted in the stats, it would have made sense to have that option there.

For the aforementioned reasons, I suggest that the congratulations message has only one button that is to "continue exploration".

Again, these are my suggestions after a lot of grinding in the minigame. I truely believe these changes would enhance players' experience when battling in Helheim.

Thank you for your consideration!

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
24 окт. 2020, 08:4824.10.20

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback! I forwarded it to our developers team. 
26 окт. 2020, 13:3226.10.20
26 окт. 2020, 13:35(отредактировано)

Auto battle would certainly be useful for the occasion where you find you have been moved to an occupied room without instructions to go there. 

It would also serve if the game continues after being disconnected from it.

Is it really a no brainer to click auto battle? You now know someone who has used battle mode.

The need for multiple clicking sounds like # the lag in the game that already exists # impatience(which seems to be indicated throughout the post).

How exactly does 1 click facilitate  more marks of resolve?

Yes its annoying to find you have wrong clicked and left which I have also mistakenly done.

Yes Its a potential waste (of marks of resolve) to leave , when more kills,or rewards may be available.

Are you certain that leaving after gaining 1 star is recorded as a loss?

Does it  really matter if a loss is recorded?

There would be no need for the 'continue exploring' button if the only option was to continue.

5 нояб. 2020, 23:0005.11.20
5 нояб. 2020, 23:09(отредактировано)
xyz

Auto battle would certainly be useful for the occasion where you find you have been moved to an occupied room without instructions to go there. 

It would also serve if the game continues after being disconnected from it.

Is it really a no brainer to click auto battle? You now know someone who has used battle mode.

The need for multiple clicking sounds like # the lag in the game that already exists # impatience(which seems to be indicated throughout the post).

Yes its annoying to find you have wrong clicked and left which I have also mistakenly done.

Yes Its a potential waste (of marks of resolve) to leave , when more kills,or rewards may be available.

Are you certain that leaving after gaining 1 star is recorded as a loss?

Does it  really matter if a loss is recorded?

There would be no need for the 'continue exploring' button if the only option was to continue.

Even when auto battle mode is on, you can still manually override the attack/defend options. The manual battle mode is there to create the illusion that players have some control over the probabilities, but it's just completely random and there's no patterns to it. It would make a lot more sense to battle manually if the devs implement some kind of combo system as a reward (for example, going hand => leg => chest always delivers ciritical hits). At the moment, I see manual battle as a redundant feature, it does not add any value to the experience in the mini game except showing how efficient auto mode is. With that said, I'm not suggesting to take that feature away, just suggesting to make auto battle default, I can't see that being too much to ask for, not to mention the devs probably could implement it with 1 line of code.

This is not what I meant. What I mean is that 1 click per chamber saved = about 15 clicks saved per node, and this scales up with the amount of marks of resolves. I pay to play the minigame so I get 1700 marks per day, this is equivalent of 17 nodes = 255 clicks saved. Imagine the number of clicks saved for all the battles up to the final node in floor 10, it's huge. I believe Plarium always strives to improve players' experience, and this small change could help players tremendously in the long run.

Note 1: may I ask which floor are you in? I can't imagine you battling manually in floor 9 or 10 when misses are very frequently.

You don't get the point. A feature is added to enhance the playing experience. If it doesn't provide any gain but only poses potential harm, it's a poor feature and people won't use it anyway. I bet if Plarium runs the stats they will hardly see people using that button. 

Yes, exactly!! BUT, the congratulation dialog is a good psychological reward for player and should be there, and you will need a button to close that dialog before continuing; so call it  'continue exploring' or whatever, my point still holds.

Note 2: I am on the second half of floor 10 and soon will be done with Helheim, then I won't be grinding through nodes and these small things will not bother me at all. As a developer myself, I only say this to give feedback to the devs in hope that they improve the product they offer to the nitty gritty. I believe other players will notice it and greatly benefit from it. 

6 нояб. 2020, 12:0706.11.20

I can see why you think that its important to get Hellheim  done and out of the way as soon as possible.

No I haven got as far as you, as it would seem there is a bottle neck in the game, which isnt all that surprising.

For anyone who is not doing as you are doing and buying marks of resolve, its very difficult to   make much headway .

More battles and more winning battles means more experience,rewards and materials, giving access to advanced weapons and skills which makes it much easier against the rapidly increasing and overwhelming strengths of the gloom as you go from node to node and then floor to floor.