Все Категории

Lite mode for those of us with weak computers

Поиск
15 май 2023, 23:0015.05.23

The problem: Vikings: war of clans loads slowly in browsers, and can crash in some browsers that are poor with large downloads (firefox, I'm looking at you)

The pre-exsisting solution: Plarium play! From what I've heard, plarium play speeds up loading times.

The suggested backup solution: A lite mode which would speed loading times at the cost of worse graphics

How it would be implemented: Allow us to visit a "lite" version of the game, either by visiting a different URL (example: https://plarium.com/en/game/vikings-war-of-clans/lite ) or by specifying that we want the lite version (example: https://plarium.com/en/game/vikings-war-of-clans/play?lite=true ). In said "lite" version, graphics would be simplified and all animations would be removed, including in Helheim. In addition, more parts of the game would load like Helheim: only when a user visits it. I could see this applying to the clan stronghold and the global map. As far as I know, some graphics are only loaded when a user encounters them; this could be applied to more graphics.

Why I personally want it: I mainly play on two devices, a powerful mac and a chromebook. For the chromebook, the reasons for this are obvious: Except, many of you will point out that Why can't I just get the mobile app? For complicated reasons, I don't want to download anything premanent yet, and that also rules out the pre-exsisting solution of plarium play for my mac. Now why a new mac would need a lite mode has to do with the fact that the Chrome on my mac behaves wierd with the game, and Firefox sucks with large downloads and the game always crashes. That leaves safari, which is lacking some features that would help me play the game better.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
13 июнь 2023, 10:1913.06.23

Just want to bring this idea out there because It would really help me.

7 дек. 2023, 19:3707.12.23

Does anyone have any opinions on this - worse graphics for faster loading times?

7 дек. 2023, 19:3807.12.23

At minimum, just do what firefox suggests:

You can reduce startup time if you configure your web server to add "Content-Encoding: gzip" response header when serving "Build/WebGL.wasm.unityweb" file.