Все Категории

Everything about Onslaughts

Поиск
22 март 2019, 11:5222.03.19

Skål, Jarls!

We've prepared a detailed guide. In it, you will learn about the Onslaught mechanics and some unexpected aspects that cause difficulties for some Vikings. 

Onslaughts are joint attacks of clansmen. To form an Onslaught or join one, you need to build the War Bloc. Upgrading this building increases the maximum number of warriors in an Onslaught. 

To build the War Bloc, you need to: 

⬝ Build the Mead Hall first – you can build it when your Palace reaches level 6 and higher 

⬝ Have resources and the special Warrior's Draft item 

The Onslaughts tab is in the War Bloc window. It contains the list of all active Onslaughts in your Clan. Here, you can find out who has formed an Onslaught, who is its target, the number of empty and occupied slots for participants, the current and maximum number of troops in a joint attack, and the time left until an Onslaught starts. 

An Onslaught is performed in several stages: 

1. Forming the Onslaught. The initiator sets the target, which can be an enemy Town, the Place of Power, a Tower of Fury, or the Throne of Jotunheim. Then this Jarl creates a march that is set to begin after a certain length of time. 

2. Build-up. Before the Onslaught starts, clansmen send their troops to the Onslaught initiator's Town. 

3. Onslaught. All troops gathered during the build-up stage are sent to attack the selected target. 

4. Return. All Jarls who participated in the Onslaught receive a battle report. The surviving troops return to their owners' Towns. 

10 features of the Onslaught: 

1. A Jarl who doesn't have the War Bloc still receives information that their clansmen are preparing an Onslaught. But without this building, it's impossible to join an attack or view detailed information about it. 

2. An Onslaught can be directed towards the Town of a Jarl who belongs to another Clan, or to the Town of a solo Viking whose Palace level is 15 or higher. 

3. The number of warriors who can participate in an Onslaught is determined by the level of the War Bloc of the attacking initiator. The maximum number of warriors in a march is also taken into account (depends on the Shrine of Odin level) for each Jarl who participates in an Onslaught. 

4. If the Viking has the ability to send two or more marches simultaneously, an additional Onslaught can be formed only if the build-up stage is finished in all previous Onslaughts initiated by this Jarl and the Onslaughts have set off towards their targets. 

5. The troops of Vikings that have joined an Onslaught don't travel to the initiator's Town instantly. They move there at their regular speed, which depends on the speed of the warriors in the troop. 

6. If the Onslaught initiator has activated Shaman Raine the Wanderer's ability: Troop Offense in an Onslaught, the similar Hero's Skill, the initiator has the Vanquisher Repute for the Place of Power, or has activated Aethir Mimir, the bonuses will be distributed to all members of the Onslaught. Remember: the bonuses listed above don't work if the Jarl who uses them isn't the Onslaught initiator. 

7. If the Hero and/or Shaman takes part in the Onslaught, their Skills and abilities, as well as the bonuses of buildings and learned Knowledge are calculated for each Jarl individually. The Onslaught initiator can in no way influence these bonuses. 

8. All clansmen's troops that have arrived at the Onslaught initiator's Town and are waiting for the march to start serve as reinforcements and take part in defending the Town. 

9. The Onslaught initiator loses the Peace Shield when forming an Onslaught. The other participants lose the Peace Shield the moment they send their troops on an Onslaught. But the initiator and all participants regain the Shield when the Onslaught is sent from the initiator's Town. 

10. Boosts that increase the military characteristics of your troops should be activated before a battle. If these items expire before the beginning of a battle (even if the boosts have been activated when the Onslaught was being assembled), the bonuses won't work. 

There are special bonuses for Onslaughts. You can increase the characteristics of troops in an Onslaught with the help of: 

⬝ Hero's Skills 

⬝ Hero's equipment (Ubba's Set) 

⬝ Shaman's equipment 

⬝ Raine the Wanderer's Skills and abilities 

⬝ Knowledge in the Hero category 

⬝ The Vanquisher Repute for the Place of Power 

The initiating Jarl can also expand the number of troops on an Onslaught with the help of: 

⬝ Hero's Skills 

⬝ Hero's equipment (Northern Vulture's Set) 

⬝ Shaman's equipment 

⬝ Knowledge in the Military and Hero categories 

⬝ The War Bloc upgrade 

⬝ Knowledge in the Shamans' Residence 

⬝ The Warrior Number in an Onslaught boost 

Vikings, is there a Jarl responsible for forming Onslaughts in your Clan?

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
25 март 2019, 15:5625.03.19

Alice Vytsenets said:

10. Boosts that increase the military characteristics of your troops should be activated before a battle. If these items expire before the beginning of a battle (even if the boosts have been activated when the Onslaught was being assembled), the bonuses won't work.

Does "before a battle" mean, "before the OS is actually started" or does it mean "before participating by sending troops into the OS"?
So, do boosts also work when applied after the OS is joined while waiting for the start / attack?
Cheers, Dany

27 март 2019, 19:0727.03.19
Thank you we did a onslaught on the tower of fury lost 68k introops then 24k although now we know 
28 март 2019, 00:3828.03.19
Thank you.  Very helpful.  And nice to see a request responded to.
28 март 2019, 13:0428.03.19

There are special bonuses for Onslaughts. You can increase the characteristics of troops in an Onslaught with the help of:

⬝ Hero's Skills

⬝ Shaman's equipment

How exactly do the following affect troops in an Onslaught in a special way :

- Hero's equipment (Ubba's Set)

- Shaman's equipment

- Knowledge in the Hero category

These 3 contain bonuses for troops when capturing or guarding a Fortress - what does that have to do with Onslaughts in particular ?

Thank you

7 апр. 2019, 02:3107.04.19
7 апр. 2019, 02:48(отредактировано)

Danyrius said:

Alice Vytsenets said:

Does "before a battle" mean, "before the OS is actually started" or does it mean "before participating by sending troops into the OS"?
So, do boosts also work when applied after the OS is joined while waiting for the start / attack?
Cheers, Dany

This is of great interest. Because for my understanding, war boosts will cease their effect as they go inactive. Or so i've been told. 

I have the idea that war boosts such as offense, defense, reducers you activate under Boosts, are only ones able to activate or reactivate after troops are out of your town. And maybe thats what the text says, but not in such a clear manner. 

So question that needs clarity is: Do i need to activate them before i send my march to the Onslaught, and as troops are outside of town, shouldnt the effects keep working until the Onslaught arrives to destination target? Because if so, i could have been saving alot of boosts for long time.

Or what the text actually say is: I can send march and activate the boosts later, as long as they are active at the time of hitting the target?

As been my understanding before?

I would appreciate a clarification on this matter, please

7 апр. 2019, 02:4107.04.19
VoodooFXA said:

⬝ Hero's Skills

⬝ Shaman's equipment

- Shaman's equipment

These 3 contain bonuses for troops when capturing or guarding a Fortress - what does that have to do with Onslaughts in particular ?

Thank you

i believe it refers to Troop Offense in Onslaught. This is supposed to affect all troops in Onslaught and not only player who makes it. Alice correct me if im wrong.
13 апр. 2019, 01:2013.04.19

My question is regarding OS in Fury vs the Towers. If a Tower is reinforced while another clan is attacking and the attacking clan Loses the onslaught will the player and clan who reinforced the Tower receive full credit on the failed Onslaught? This seems extremely unfair as many clans need more than one Onslaught to beat a tower and “sneaking in” to reinforce a tower would be a cheap and easy way to receive points.

Clarification on this would be greatly appreciated as my clan called off an Onslaught on a lvl 3 tower with 100m troops for precisely this reason as a clan reinforced it with 5m troops after we had gotten it down to 37m   
15 апр. 2019, 00:4415.04.19
15 апр. 2019, 00:46(отредактировано)

Scorpion Maximus said:

VoodooFXA said:

⬝ Hero's Skills

⬝ Shaman's equipment

- Shaman's equipment

Thank you

i believe it refers to Troop Offense in Onslaught. This is supposed to affect all troops in Onslaught and not only player who makes it. Alice correct me if im wrong.

Before quoting using the UBBA set and Raine you need to qualify that both are only beneficial to Fortresses, their are only 3 Fortresses. Jutenhiem, Place of Power (PoP) and the KVK Tower of Fury which appear during the event. Otherwise an OS on an unshielded tough mother town, use your best Attack gear and Troop type Shaman.
17 апр. 2019, 03:3217.04.19
Scorpion Maximus said:

Danyrius said:

Alice Vytsenets said:

Cheers, Dany

This is of great interest. Because for my understanding, war boosts will cease their effect as they go inactive. Or so i've been told. 

I have the idea that war boosts such as offense, defense, reducers you activate under Boosts, are only ones able to activate or reactivate after troops are out of your town. And maybe thats what the text says, but not in such a clear manner. 

So question that needs clarity is: Do i need to activate them before i send my march to the Onslaught, and as troops are outside of town, shouldnt the effects keep working until the Onslaught arrives to destination target? Because if so, i could have been saving alot of boosts for long time.

Or what the text actually say is: I can send march and activate the boosts later, as long as they are active at the time of hitting the target?

As been my understanding before?

I would appreciate a clarification on this matter, please

Before the battle literally means before the battle. As long as the boost is activated before the troops fight each other and is active when they do then you are good. Boosts can be applied at any time so long as they are active during the battle. 
19 апр. 2019, 14:1819.04.19
You can send troops and activate the boost afterward. We all send troops and then everyone activated the boosts just before the march is sent.
17 июль 2019, 09:1117.07.19
What would happen if you started an OS with 'northern vulture' gear, then changed gear after the OS was assembled?
17 июль 2019, 12:0617.07.19
You can only change gear if the hero is in town, and the hero needs to be with the troops to give the benefit of the equipment he is wearing.
17 июль 2019, 22:0117.07.19

Hi all :)

"6. If the Onslaught initiator has activated Shaman Raine the Wanderer's ability: Troop Offense in an Onslaught, the similar Hero's Skill, the initiator has the Vanquisher Repute for the Place of Power, or has activated Aethir Mimir, the bonuses will be distributed to all members of the Onslaught. Remember: the bonuses listed above don't work if the Jarl who uses them isn't the Onslaught initiator."

I'm french ^^ and i don't really understand this point (english). I don't want to do a mistake... it is what i understood : if the initiator has rainer and use it for the onslaught, all members who participate at the onslaught get the rainer's bonus in the offence/defence ? Tell me if i am wrong plz :)

2 фев. 2022, 16:1102.02.22

I haven't done an OS for years but back in the day, we could use a double hero to send two marches. My clan just tried an OS and none of us could use our double heros to send two marches. Advise, please!

26 фев. 2021, 09:4126.02.21

My guess is your wrong. 

Points of intrest! 

If that was the case, then the initiator need only send T7's & every other member  T1's & all T1's would benerfit from the initiators T7's just like thier Rainer. This would also apply for initiators boosts & troop type. It would be pointless. Treat each and every defence/offence when in an onslought, or defending pop or town or tower like its a cell. Each cell can help attack/defend but each cell is attriuted states like Hero, armour, boosts ect within that cell only. This also applys to knowladge, pointless sending troops without the knowlagde to back them up. Low level troops count towads the percentage defending/attacking. Remember, its also a number game, but a good player with onslought knowladge & good members will smash through you like butter with a hot knife. You can train billions & billions but it will always cost you in the end. Knowlage is cost effective you only pay once! You have to kill troops now to get soul shards, without them you cannot get secret knowladge unless you have billons in Gold. I had over a billion & it got swollowed up with secret knowladge. Play smart, enjoy & learn on the way. The money player can never lose, is bank account is bigger then yours & he will keep throwing money at it just to look good. Play smart, not hard, dont compite with them players. By all means hit them from time to time just to see how strong & good your getting, & who knows you might catch them with thier pants down & if so warm yourself with the flames from their burning town. Good Luck!