Все Категории

CIM — active member of the Vikings: War of Clans community

Поиск
5 июль 2018, 14:1405.07.18

Mighty Vikings, we were lucky to interview an active participant of our community, volunteer, mother, and traveler — CIM.

Today's hero is the diplomat for the RPI Clan. She got that rank because she took a stand against internal war in the Kingdom. CIM is always there for other Jarls and shares useful information on the forum.

V — Vikings: War of Clans 

C — CIM 

V.: Hello, CIM! Thank you so much for finding time for our interview! 

C.: Dear Vikings, finally here is my response to the interview questions. If you read it, you will see one reason it took so long. My in-game name is blazebo... so I would like to be referred to as CIM/blazebo. I am sending two pictures... one taken last year in Rotterdam from my hotel room late at night where I was playing the game... the other is from a few years ago when I was at mini Europe in Brussels (it is supposed to be a Viking). And I love water... can we get a moat around the POP in game... lol. No towns can sit there anyway... so it would be possible. :)

V.: Let's talk about you, your life, and, of course, Vikings: War of Clans.

Tell us how you discovered the harsh world of the North. What attracted you to the game? What does your family think of this hobby of yours?

C.: I have played war games for over a decade and mostly with my family. My husband and I played a lot together and when my daughter was younger she enjoyed playing war games with us also. One day I was searching for games and I found this game, and it absolutely fascinates me. I love the complexity of the game and also the interaction with others in the game. My husband doesn't play, because he likes a war game you can set up and finish in half a day or so, and he has no patience for a game like this. My family is USUALLY pretty tolerant with my playing this game, although sometimes they can be a bit irritated by it. 

V.: In Vikings: War of Clans, Jarls communicate with each other and interact a lot, because only your clansmen will help with a reinforcement and fight alongside you in an Onslaught. Did you find your Clan right away? Tell us why you like it. Have you made friends in the game who you keep in touch with? 

C.: I didn't talk to anyone in kingdom 360 for about a month... I wanted to observe first, before I interacted. The first month I mostly communicated on the forum to ask all my questions and to obtain an understanding of the game. Finally I was ready to communicate in the game and I sent out a message to the English clans in the top 30 clan list. I wrote I thought the kingdom should concentrate on fighting other kingdoms during kvk and cvc and not fight among our own kingdom members. Nano, the chief of RPI which was far down on that list responded the most positively to my suggestion and agreed that if I joined his clan we would focus on promoting that way of playing the game. Our kingdom has gotten a lot better as far as not attacking each other, however there still are some problems. Nano is a great chief and we have a smaller clan of some nice people. We are now in the top 10 clans in influence in the kingdom and continue to grow. I keep in touch with some people who have left the game and have even visited someone from another clan in Italy when I was on vacation there last year. I look forward to meeting more Jarls in person. 

V.: We know you went to one of the top technical educational institutions in the USA — MIT. Does having an analytical way of thinking help you in the game? Does your technical education give you an advantage in creating unique and subtle battle tactics? Have there been any situations where your opponent turned out to be stronger than you but you still managed to win thanks to a sound plan? 

C.: I think it is a real advantage to understand the game and keep in mind all the complexities. Doing the right knowledge upgrades is very important. Might is not always best, because brains can outwit might. Up until now, I have mostly advised others on tactics, and yes it is possible for a much lower influence person to win over a higher influence person. I am just at the point where I am ready for "war" myself (yes I am a bit of a perfectionist so I wanted everything at high levels before I started fighting)... so I am pretty excited about that. 

V.: You're a traveler, volunteer, and mother. Share your secret for finding time to play and participate in Clan life.

C.: Sometimes it can be a bit difficult. Recently I went on a 32-night trip around Europe, staying in 21 places. It took a while to plan and then there was a very hectic trip. That is one reason why it took me so long to respond to these questions. But even on the trip I found time to come into the game and participate in it. The chief and I work together very closely and I am the diplomat for the clan. The game is important to me, so I make time for it. 

V.: In the Vikings: War of Clans communities, you're always willing to help others and answer any questions. Have you ever created a special guide for someone? 

C.: I do enjoy understanding all aspects of the game and I enjoy sharing the information with others. That is why I am so active on the forum. Also in our clan, I work with our members to help them in game. As of yet, I have not created a guide, but I am thinking about working on one. There are a lot of good ones out there which I point others to... but yes, it would be nice to create one myself sometime. 

V.: CIM, thank you for playing and being actively involved in Vikings: War of Clans. We're delighted to have such a valuable Jarl in our community, and we hope this won't be our last conversation.

For now, we wish you many victories and happy hours with your clansmen!

C.: Thank you for the questions and thank you for the game. 

How often do you help community members?

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
10 июль 2018, 07:2610.07.18
Yeah CIM is one of the members(Also my friend) on forum who are inspiration for me about helping others on forum and in-game. She does answer a lot of questions about anything she knows and shares. Glad to see her interview posted here. She deserves this.....
10 июль 2018, 13:5010.07.18
10 июль 2018, 14:11(отредактировано)

Dear CRIME,

we are very pleased to hear that you like our interview with  CIM - one of the most active participants in our community. 

You are the one who also demonstrates generosity and selfless assistance for all community members! Thank you for help to make our forum better!

11 июль 2018, 12:0211.07.18
Thank you for your appreciation ERNA FIERY. Wish i would carry forward helping others
12 июль 2018, 13:5112.07.18
Hi Crime ... thanks for the wonderful comments and also thanks for your effort in helping share information about the game.  LONG LIVE THE GAME!
16 июль 2018, 09:5816.07.18

Hello, congratulations on your interview, I would like to ask you are there any parts of the game that are frustrating & just seem wrong because I think there are lots & even updates can be frustrating & they can also feel very wrong....& I know plarium love your opinion.

A new idea, why not ask the player first before applying the update if possible, let the player become interactive in the game..
16 июль 2018, 12:5916.07.18
16 июль 2018, 13:01(отредактировано)
Yes there are things in the game that frustrate me ... like I was getting very frustrated with the kingdom jumping during CvCs ... and Plarium did finally take care of that ... and yes there are other things though I can not think right off hand (I will add here when I encounter one).  And not liking some things of updates ... well I do not like that there is a lot of trouble with game after some of them ... and what they have actually changed ... not so sure ... I think the POP gives way too much increase in power to military skills ... but that is subjective ... those who have the POP probably do not have a problem with that ... lol.  I do think that Plarium considers what the players have to say when they determine what to do in updates.
16 июль 2018, 14:3716.07.18

I thought the POP upgrade was  excellent, made the game a whole lot bigger, not so sure about the unlucky reputes that could be considered as bulling but if used correctly, nah no need for bad reputes...

Upgrading the game, I have experienced 3 maybe 4 serious upgrades & they were quite different & didn't make much sense , maybe even to much. I think plarium should of consulted the players before making the final upgrade ensuring the game runs smoothly.?? I'm not sure if they do already but its an idea & I do think some of the upgrades are massive, even wow.. 1 suggestion would be too show the next upgrade - more focus as a means to an end..

I'm writing to plarium at the moment about tasks & completing them, it maybe a connection but if I dont ask I will never know, maybe they can improve internet speed for them. 

anyway nice to here back from you so soon & look forward to your reply
16 июль 2018, 15:0916.07.18
I would like to see them do regular smaller scheduled updates ... like twice a week when we do not have kingdom events.  And as I said the POP and my thoughts on that were subjective.  So what changes that they did during updates did you think didn't make any sense?
16 июль 2018, 16:2416.07.18

I think the reputes are great at the POP, & the reputes are suppose to counter each other & that's the only way.

As far as the upgrades the differences were the size of the upgrades the original game was massive, then there was a second upgrade which was to excess & over powering then a third upgrade which was just right & then the POP upgrades which I totally agree if used right,& now the jotunhiem which is the best yet, so I think what I am trying to say is why such a big difference for the second upgrade that's if i'm right because the game can change so quickly & you never quite know every thing that is about to happen. 

I was a lot like you when I started, I wanted to help my clan members, but there was another game that was being played in the back ground & in the end I lost out because of it. But a lot of my ideas still stand. No promotion for me though ???

Your idea on outside influences is a good idea & I enjoyed knowing as well but I remember reading in the rules that plarium did not recommend outside influence & I thought this was very interesting & wondered why they didn't have there own & as I payed the game I began to realise there were such documents, I just hadn't found them yet but I still think its interesting that they dont recommend outside influence.

My kingdom at the moment constists of 1 main clan & we share there SH for special gear & they give reputes to anyone who asks for them, no matter the clan. We still play our game. But we are stronger for it :-)

I feel a little let down by the gear, I purchased every item in the beginning & never for 1 minute did I realise that it would be a waste of time to own every item, I still own a few of the standard items which I may or may not use, now I just own every item from invader upwards, well most all of them & again I may not use them because they dont make a big enough difference when I use them, maybe plarium could work on them a little more..

Thanks again for the speedy reply & if I talk to much I apoligise & I do hope I make sense 

16 июль 2018, 16:2816.07.18
P.S. You are the administrator & I am the user, what's that all about
16 июль 2018, 17:4516.07.18
I am a user also ... the OP was made by an administrator though.
15 авг. 2018, 20:4515.08.18
15 авг. 2018, 20:47(отредактировано)

hello from Kunta Hora, Czech Republic  

COEUR 
2 нояб. 2018, 11:4902.11.18

We have decided to change our clan name to:

[oPHXo] Phoenix (GA)

The GA stands for Great Alliance which we started over a year ago and a number of clans joined in with us with our mission.

We also have made some small changes to our clan description.  Here it is:

Phoenix (GA) lives forever, we will not die off, we will not go away.  Attempt to destroy us and you will only destroy yourselves.

We do not attack active members of our OWN KINGDOM unless we are repeatedly provoked.  We focus on attacking enemy Kingdoms' troops.  We want to encourage a strong Kingdom so as to best be prepared to win Global events.  There are plenty of Global events for our fighters to concentrate on attacking enemy Kingdoms' troops.

Clan Chief - Nano

Clan Diplomat blazebo

5 янв. 2019, 09:3005.01.19
6 янв. 2019, 11:3706.01.19
Antony said:

Hello, congratulations on your interview, I would like to ask you are there any parts of the game that are frustrating & just seem wrong because I think there are lots & even updates can be frustrating & they can also feel very wrong....& I know plarium love your opinion.

A new idea, why not ask the player first before applying the update if possible, let the player become interactive in the game..

6 янв. 2019, 17:4606.01.19
6 янв. 2019, 17:47(отредактировано)

They already do this indirectly by reading what we post, on at least one occasion directly,they aked the question "what new building would you like?"

Then there are these interviews, and the King of Jontunheim gets to speak with them, they haven't said what has been mentioned.

Lastly, they mostly know  already the way things will develop.

So theres my take on your sound suggestion.

3 дек. 2019, 15:1503.12.19

Hello and thank you CIM/blazebo for sharing your experience. I have read this interview with great interest. I have found a little of myself in your words and how you have approached the game. I would have liked to contact you privately to discuss one subject of the interview but I cannot find out how to do this.

My clans stronghold coordinates in kd 802 are 242:604 (Asgard Warriors). You can find me in the clan members under BambiKilla. If you would be so kind as to send me a game pm I would very much appreciate it. 

Take care and thank you.
3 дек. 2019, 15:2203.12.19
BambiKilla said:

Hello and thank you CIM/blazebo for sharing your experience. I have read this interview with great interest. I have found a little of myself in your words and how you have approached the game. I would have liked to contact you privately to discuss one subject of the interview but I cannot find out how to do this.

My clans stronghold coordinates in kd 802 are 242:604 (Asgard Warriors). You can find me in the clan members under BambiKilla. If you would be so kind as to send me a game pm I would very much appreciate it. 

Take care and thank you.
I sent you a message on the forum ... you can hit on the top at the right in the little quote windows which should now have a 1 in the blue box below it  ... I will also look at messaging you in game ... and why KILL Bambi ... lol