Все Категории

A cheating strategy using maintenances times

Поиск
7 апр. 2018, 13:2507.04.18

It seems that some players attack on maintenance time to prevent defender to take defensive action (like recalling troups) since the game access is then limited.

Wouldn't it be a good approach to impose a peace treaty on all towns for the like 10 or 20 minutes before maintenance and until acces is restored ?
Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
7 апр. 2018, 14:0707.04.18
Maybe better to recall troops before the game goes into maintenance ... but because of problems as to not enough notice of maintenance and long times to regain entrance to the games sometimes, I think they should put on/extend peace treaties on all towns when the game is restored after maintenance.
7 апр. 2018, 14:1507.04.18

CIM said:

Maybe better to recall troops before the game goes into maintenance ... .

I don't see any reason why it would be better.

1/ recalling you troups is not the only defensive measure you could use when you are under atttack
2/ It won't help anyone to have one's troupe being automatically recalled, just because there was a maintenance.

8 апр. 2018, 10:2708.04.18
pilou said:

CIM said:

Maybe better to recall troops before the game goes into maintenance ... .

I don't see any reason why it would be better.

1/ recalling you troups is not the only defensive measure you could use when you are under atttack
2/ It won't help anyone to have one's troupe being automatically recalled, just because there was a maintenance.

Well if your troops are recalled before maintenance then they can't be attacked right when it is over ... and I never said anything about having one's troops automatically recalled because of maintenance. 
8 апр. 2018, 10:2908.04.18
And I don't see how you explained any cheating strategy ... sending out troops to attack a tile right before maintenance I don't see how that is cheating ... if it is scheduled maintenance and you don't want to take a chance you don't log back into the game right away or you logged out a bit early ... then recall your troops off tile before maintenance or before you log out ...
8 апр. 2018, 16:0708.04.18

I wasn't talking about an attack on a tile, but an attack on your town. When an agressor attacks your town, you can take defensive measures to defend your town, which can be :

- Call back you troups to defend your town,

- resurrect dead from a previous fight or heal injured,

- use some defensive measure.

- etc.

The cheat consists in launching one or more attack(s) on another town, at the exact time the system will become unreachable, so that the defender is unable to take any action to defend his town before the enemy troups reach him. That's why I'm telling the system should impose a peace treaty at that time in order to avoid this situation.
8 апр. 2018, 16:1608.04.18

Maintenance is announced: shield up and recall troops. 

Problem solved
8 апр. 2018, 17:0208.04.18

Mee said:

Maintenance is announced: shield up and recall troops. 

Problem solved

This is absurd. There is no point in shielding yourself for 8 hours if you are not under attack. especially since you do not necessarily have enough shields for all maintenances. And by the way, this game is not about staying shielded full time.

The solution you propose is just unfair. it would only benefit the attacker by depleting defenders shields.
8 апр. 2018, 19:5408.04.18

pilou said:

The solution you propose is just unfair. it would only benefit the attacker by depleting defenders shields.

well, with all the gold from event, it is not a problem to remain shielded for years...

8 апр. 2018, 20:0408.04.18

For your information, player with 40B+ has stop the game because he can't access the game for 6 hours when his shield expired during normal game time but with access issue "Not Maintenance" . And he is good money spender to enjoy the game.

Since that time "a week ago" he is waiting to hear from plarium to recover or get special deal to rebuild, and he stop spending until then; his goal is 100b in short time.

9 апр. 2018, 01:3609.04.18
pilou said:

I wasn't talking about an attack on a tile, but an attack on your town. When an agressor attacks your town, you can take defensive measures to defend your town, which can be :

- Call back you troups to defend your town,

- resurrect dead from a previous fight or heal injured,

- use some defensive measure.

- etc.

The cheat consists in launching one or more attack(s) on another town, at the exact time the system will become unreachable, so that the defender is unable to take any action to defend his town before the enemy troups reach him. That's why I'm telling the system should impose a peace treaty at that time in order to avoid this situation.
Do you shield when you log off for the day?  Well if you do then you have to consider maintenance like that and shield.  If you don't and you are logged off and unshielded ... well then that is going to be what happens during maintenance.  And best shields to buy for long time shielding are in the Huge retreat coffers ... fro 4100 gold you get a 3 day shield and a relocation. 
9 апр. 2018, 09:0609.04.18

Totaly agreed with CIM, i always buying Huge retreat coffers and use 3day shield when logg off at end of the day. And i doesnt do it specialy for shield up, i just buy coffers for relocation. Its very cheap and easy to buy

9 апр. 2018, 14:2109.04.18

CIM said:

Do you shield when you log off for the day?  Well if you do then you have to consider maintenance like that and shield.  If you don't and you are logged off and unshielded ... well then that is going to be what happens during maintenance.  And best shields to buy for long time shielding are in the Huge retreat coffers ... fro 4100 gold you get a 3 day shield and a relocation. 

No this is not the same thing at all, for four reasons :

1/ when you log-out, you do it at the time you decided it and for this reasons, it is not a problem to log out at that time. When the system goes on maintenance, it may happen without you having seen the warnings

2/ When you log-out you do it for a longer period than when the system goes on maintenance, and it makes sens to use an 8h shield, which is not the case for maintenance.

3/ when you log-out without shielding, you are the only one to know your are not watching the game anymore, while when the system goes on maintenance, every one knows exactly at what time (give or take a few seconds) you won't be able to react.

4/ wasting a 3 days shield for maintenance is stupid. Especially if you want to make war.  remember that my critic is not about the fact to make war, but about the fact that taking profit of maintenance time is impairing the defender. not the attacker.
10 апр. 2018, 16:1410.04.18

1) if you are in game no reason not to see the warning

2) you never know how long maintenance can take

3) so now seems you are saying you log out without shield

4) so use an 8 hour shield

Look they have to do maintenance I already support and have put forth for them to automatically shield all towns at the time of maintenance for 24 hours ... in case someone logs in in the morning but can't because a maintenance is going on and then they need to go to work and weren't able to reset their shield ... or other reasons that would not be their own fault ...

But not allowing people to attack for 10 to 20 minutes before maintenance doesn't make sense to me ... it doesn't resolve a lot of the problems that happens ... it just seems to resolve you not wanting to shield for maintenance ... which then what if you aren't able to get on right after maintenance what is going to happen then to your town if you don't shield ... ???
10 апр. 2018, 16:1610.04.18
Rocketman said:

Totaly agreed with CIM, i always buying Huge retreat coffers and use 3day shield when logg off at end of the day. And i doesnt do it specialy for shield up, i just buy coffers for relocation. Its very cheap and easy to buy

Yes I like the relocation you get also ... you can also by the large retreat pack with a 24 hour shield for cheaper ... which I am sure you are already aware of but just mentioning it for others to see.
10 апр. 2018, 19:2010.04.18
10 апр. 2018, 22:54(отредактировано)

CIM said:

Look they have to do maintenance I already support and have put forth for them to automatically shield all towns at the time of maintenance for 24 hours ... in case someone logs in in the morning but can't because a maintenance is going on and then they need to go to work and weren't able to reset their shield ... or other reasons that would not be their own fault ...

But not allowing people to attack for 10 to 20 minutes before maintenance doesn't make sense to me ... it doesn't resolve a lot of the problems that happens ... it just seems to resolve you not wanting to shield for maintenance ... which then what if you aren't able to get on right after maintenance what is going to happen then to your town if you don't shield ... ???

1/ Yes there are, It's not because you are logged in, that you always stay on the game window (modern environments support multitasking, you know !). When this happened to me, I was very lucky to just have a look at the exact right moment.

2/ we don't know how long maintenance will take but that irrelevant since the problem is not when it stops but when it starts, and the attacker knows it exactly.

3/ This is not about what I do. What I do is irrelevant too (in fact I usually just don't log-out. Sometimes, I'm just AFK).

4/ Maintenance is rarely more than 1h, so even using 8h will be a waste.

I wonder why you criticize just to criticize. At no time, you analyzed my argument but you just told that thing are OK like they are. Is this that you want to keep this possibility to attack people (especially unexperienced players) in such a way that would make difficult for them to defend themselves ? Why would it be wrong to shield everybody during maintenance and the 10-20 minutes before ? Or do you just prefer a game system which favor experienced players against new ones ?

The reason why it is useful, is to avoid people using out of the game system constraints to make unblockable surprise attack (that why I consider it cheating). It would still be possible to do be relocating your town just side-to-side with the one you want to attack but then, you need to spend a relocating booster to do that.

10 апр. 2018, 19:4310.04.18

I didn't ignore your point, but gave a solution. If you are in the game for two weeks or more and you're still not using peace shields when not actively attacking, you deserve any losses you get whether it's fair in your eyes or not. My kingdom is at peace, but we're also all shielded, it is the status quo. Simple. 

The game is constantly evolving and each player must adapt to what is provided or accept defeat/failure. If each player has their own way, the game would be...even worse.
10 апр. 2018, 20:1210.04.18
10 апр. 2018, 20:17(отредактировано)

pilou said:

CIM said:

1/ Yes there are, It's not because you are logged in, that you always stay on the game window (modern environments support multitasking, you know !). When this happened to me, I was very lucky to just have a look at the exact right moment.

2/ we don't know how long maintenance will take but that irrelevant since the problem is not when it stops but when it starts, and the attacker knows it exactly.

3/ This is not about what I do. What I do is irrelevant too (in fact I usually just don't log-out. Sometimes, I'm just AFK).

4/ Maintenance is rarely more than 1h, so even using 8h will be a waste.

I wonder why you criticize just to criticize. At no time, you analyzed my argument but you just told that thing are OK like they are. Is this that you want to keep this possibility to attack people (especially unexperienced players) in such a way that would make difficult for them to defend themselves ? Why would it be wrong to shield everybody during maintenance and the 10-20 minutes before ? Or do you just prefer a game system which favor experienced players against new ones ?

The reason why it is useful, is to avoid people using out of the game system constraints to make unblockable surprise attack (that why I consider it cheating). It would still be possible to do be relocating your town just side-to-side with the one you want to attack but then, you need to spend a relocating booster to do that.

First I already said I think they should put 24 hour shields on all towns when a maintenance is happening ... reread and you will see I said it more than once in this thread and I have made a thread suggesting this.  So I never said things are ok as they are ... I said that what you are saying doesn't add up.  Now I will address the specifics again.

1) If you are logged in but away from screen and unshielded ... how are you going to defend your town if you aren't watching?  And what are you saying you were away for an hour from your screen and just last minute saw a maintenance was happening ... ??? because we usually get an hour notice for maintenance ... which I do not think is long enough if it is scheduled maintenance.

2) Well defender knows exactly when maintenance starts also ... so take defensive action ... and if you are unshielded and you aren't watching there is nothing plarium ought to do to protect you ... and if you don't know when maintenance is starting because you are AFK and unshielded ... I think you have bigger problems than maintenance.  And if an attack is sent out right before maintenance and doesn't happen before maintenance then it doesn't happen during maintenance BUT after game is brought back up ... so a shield put on automatically when the game is brought up should protect against such attacks.

3) I hardly ever log out either ... but I don't sit around unshielded and AFK ... if you say you do and that plarium has to do something to protect you because you do this ... well please.

4) Seriously ... you just don't use shields and are AFK and want to make out like maintenance is a problem ... I think you have bigger problems than maintenance.

10 апр. 2018, 23:0210.04.18
It seems you don't realize that relatively new players which do not use big credit card do not have resources to be shielded full time. And by the way, not all players spend their time shielded. Some agree to be attacked, if it is fair because they can build their defense.
11 апр. 2018, 09:1211.04.18

I see another problem: we all have free 24(8) shield after maintenance, and we can't attack anyone, because even dead cities will be under shields. I think how it work now is fine

11 апр. 2018, 09:2411.04.18

pilou said:

It seems you don't realize that relatively new players which do not use big credit card do not have resources to be shielded full time. And by the way, not all players spend their time shielded. Some agree to be attacked, if it is fair because they can build their defense.

I do understand what it is like to be a new player and to not use big credit card.  And I started over a year ago when it was very hard to get gold in game.  Now it is very easy to get enough gold to stay shielded.  We have new players that manage very quickly to be able to stay shielded all the time with out spending any money on the game. 

And ok ... so some players decide not to spend their time shielded ... well then deal with those consequences and decide to shield or not before maintenance.  I have no problem with a shield being put on when the game resumes from maintenance ... I do have a problem with it being put on 10 or 20 minutes before hand.