Все Категории

Why Players Leave Game

Why Players Leave Game

Поиск
10 янв. 2020, 23:0110.01.20

Why Players Leave Game

Players leave game for many reasons, which may vary depending on level of experience.

Level 1: Player creates account, but immediately does not like characteristics of game. Leaves and never returns

Levels 2-6: Player stays longer, but ultimately follows same pattern.

Levels 6-12: Player stays long enough to understand basics, but never learns additional game techniques.

Levels: 13+: Player stays still longer, but gets frustrated by TEDIOUS aspects of games.

TEDIOUS Tasks, requiring mindlessly clicking mouse to complete necessary goals.

1. ERRANDS: Even with "autocomplete", must mouse-click dozens of times every few hours.
  2. ATTACKING Assailants & Apostates: Requires many basic attacks to build up attack bonus.
I suggest modifying the game to make the above (and other) tasks to make them less TEDIOUS. This should increase player retention.

Please reply with your thoughts and any additional reasons why players my leave the game.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
11 янв. 2020, 08:3711.01.20

If Plarium want to increase player retention then developers should implement ways to reduce/eliminate TEDIOUS tasks. Battle is what makes the game exciting. There should be a way to quickly complete both ERRANDS and Attacking Assailants. For example:

> There is already a way to complete all Usual Errands with a single click above a certain VIP Level. This should exist for all ERRAND types at a lower VIP Level.

> There should be a way with a single click to keep generating Basic Attacks on an Assailant until either

• Destroyed
  • Run out of Stamina
  • Blocking popup, like Hero level-up
11 янв. 2020, 10:3811.01.20

Have to say as a new player the game is just  way to complicated .

Study times  well u can start of a study have a week away on holiday and its still not done when u get back. build times are insane as well as having to upgrade each one individually. then u have to sort the hero's out ,upgrade troops, train troops and then fuse stuff together. That's just a few of the things that you have to do. It really is just overwhelming.  
12 янв. 2020, 18:0512.01.20

Thank you all for the feedback! And for your own opinion and suggestions.  
We'll definitely consider your suggestions, and our developers will decide which of them to implement. Feel free to write us if you have any other ideas or suggestions. 

Have a nice day!

13 янв. 2020, 00:4613.01.20

nomad 666 said:

Study times  well u can start of a study have a week away on holiday and its still not done when u get back. build times are insane as well as having to upgrade each one individually. then u have to sort the hero's out ,upgrade troops, train troops and then fuse stuff together. That's just a few of the things that you have to do. It really is just overwhelming.  

Study (and build) times may APPEAR excessive. There is an easy (and legal) solution. Unfortunately, this is not explained in the automated introduction. The solution is to reach multiple checkpoints in events, which are run continuously. Most checkpoints include study/build time boosts.

It is even easier after joining a large strong Order. Then you also get study/build time boosts when the order completes checkpoints in "Special" events.

SUGGESTION FOR DEVELOPERS

Explain to new players the benefits of completing checkpoints and/or joining an Order.

28 янв. 2020, 21:5128.01.20
Iron Giant said:

nomad 666 said:

Study (and build) times may APPEAR excessive. There is an easy (and legal) solution. Unfortunately, this is not explained in the automated introduction. The solution is to reach multiple checkpoints in events, which are run continuously. Most checkpoints include study/build time boosts.

It is even easier after joining a large strong Order. Then you also get study/build time boosts when the order completes checkpoints in "Special" events.

SUGGESTION FOR DEVELOPERS

Explain to new players the benefits of completing checkpoints and/or joining an Order.

thanks for the info iron

13 фев. 2020, 19:2913.02.20

lead times on studies and buildings are excessive.  Earning boosts via events is irrelevant when times stretch into years. One cannot advance without bank offers.  And the way bank offers are presented are often misleading and or not very useful.  It also annoying to see offer immediately come back after purchasing at higher price

Obviously the whole game is designed to make money.  And folks figure it out very quickly. 

So I'd argue most people leave becaquse they get tired of having to spend money to play or the way it is extracted.
16 фев. 2020, 02:3916.02.20
snoblind said:

... Obviously the whole game is designed to make money.  And folks figure it out very quickly. 

So I'd argue most people leave because they get tired of having to spend money to play or the way it is extracted.
Absolutely! Plus all Plarium games are designed to squeeze out every possible dollar, euro,or whatever is your preferred currency. Welcome to capitalism. See Pay or Quit.
18 фев. 2020, 01:1918.02.20
One of the main reasons simply is like now, cant log in , have extra troops out , cant log in, losing troops because I cant recall them , thank you very much, dumb asses, this aint the first time, try to stabilise your game , especialy your login probs, sometimes it takes days befor we can log in again , while we cant log in I guess the russian players can and will take advantage of NOT having any opposition in attacking.
19 фев. 2020, 16:5819.02.20

[FF0000]Rune[-] said:

One of the main reasons simply is like now, cant log in , have extra troops out , cant log in, losing troops because I cant recall them , thank you very much, dumb asses, this aint the first time, try to stabilise your game , especialy your login probs, sometimes it takes days befor we can log in again , while we cant log in I guess the russian players can and will take advantage of NOT having any opposition in attacking.

Well ... they are 8h ahead of us. Can't really blame them - no doubt you'd do the same if the situation were reversed.

Clearly not a game issue, if they can log in, but you can't.

More likely, the (CDN) servers between you and them. Use a proxy or vpn to come in from a different direction. It has been many days since I have experienced any connectivity problems. (I'm in Eastern Time, North America.)
20 фев. 2020, 12:4520.02.20
So what you are really suggesting is to get a vpn , or proxy to enable me to get a stabile connection with the gameservers involved? Adding dollars into vpn acct's etc etc..... no my friend the moment I get into the gameserver the login will be asked, not before I want to enter the game..... so imho it is a failure from the gameserver itself, and btw Im in Europe , nearby Russia...lol
20 фев. 2020, 22:2520.02.20
20 фев. 2020, 22:28(отредактировано)

[FF0000]Rune[-] said:

So what you are really suggesting is to get a vpn , or proxy to enable me to get a stable connection with the game servers involved?

Yep. For those times when you need to get in just long enough to raise shield.

Your call - lose troops during these local to you outages, or not.

Adding dollars into vpn acct's etc etc

Not necessarily. Search 'public proxy'. Opera browser includes vpn. You just want it for/during these situations, while you figure out what's going on with your local / country / CDN connectivity.

... no my friend the moment I get into the game server the login will be asked, not before I want to enter the game

It's not the initial connect that is the problem, is the CDN cached data behind and surrounding it - e.g. icon / image data. (Or you wouldn't get x% far,)

And if getting in fails with your native CDN, while not with coming in through a different country / CDN path, then the problem lies not with you, nor Plarium, but the internet pipes between you and them - out of yours, and their, control.

..... so imho it is a failure from the game server itself

Clearly not if you are able to get in through a different country / CDN. It's the pipes between you and them, not either you or them.

The only real point to this here, is to be able to prove to yourself that that is or is not what is being inflicted upon you at the time, be able to get your shields up long enough to survive the interruption, and buy you time to figure out what's what, and for how long.

and btw Im in Europe, nearby Russia

Which perhaps proves my point?

Just make sure you're not on wi-fi. Or, at least, prove to yourself that it doesn't happen non-wifi, so you can eliminate / confirm that potential problem source.

21 фев. 2020, 00:1221.02.20

same problem again while running with Opera and VPN , what a load a crap ! And a load a bs.... Its not the first time, it always happens after server updates etc, to me it looks like a server cache problem, logins wont be recognised after reset.... and im sure with me there are hundreds of players like me with the same story.... THATS why people leave !!!!! Those servers cant cope with the amount of people logging in !! pffffffttttttt 

21 фев. 2020, 01:1421.02.20
No Acces through Asia , Europe , optimal nor through South America.... Usng VPN Opera..... guess I just lost a cpl a million troops.... what a game !!! getting troops killed without having to play !! awesome, and you guys ask why people leave ??? Muwhahahaha
21 фев. 2020, 01:2421.02.20
No direct access through the USA....USA, USA, USA! 
21 фев. 2020, 01:3021.02.20

Dont listen to bs stories like its your fault !! Its the server you are trying to log in to. I can log in to many other Throne KD at war servers, just the 163 not at the moment. Thay have been tryint to tell me its outside their possibilities, well its NOT, the f..... up. And have done so many times around server updates and service ......Had it been outside failures like vpn proxy etc etc etc, I would NOT be able to log in onto the other servers like 164 and 133 !!! Cmon Plarium get your act together !!

21 фев. 2020, 07:3521.02.20

Greetings!

Is your issue still relevant? Game should be accessible now.

21 фев. 2020, 09:2521.02.20
Im sure it will stay relevant each time you guys will have hade a service or an update...... tough....... but for now , nope no issue
21 фев. 2020, 14:5521.02.20

Why players leave game!

Too many crashes where players lose everything.

LACK OF COMMUNICATION from plarium when game crash! This really tells you company really don't care much abour players. If they did care they would listen and learn. Everytime game crash palrium shuts down, no communication whatsoever.
22 фев. 2020, 15:1022.02.20
to WWO : pls do not come up with solutions that have nothing to do with the problems we are getting by the server problems. I understand you want to defend their view on this one as you seemingly dont have problems like these, by the time our server got back on line it was not even worth to to get into the KvK as the opponent was billions ahead...... Good game!!! And to Plarium !!!! You have been really too kind by NOT even sending out a SORRY!!!  or maybe even some gold so we could buy ourselves a Rolex...... Cheap, cheaper... cheapest !