Все Категории

Fixes And Improvements

Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!

Fixes And Improvements

Archons,

We've made some fixes and improvements so you can enjoy a smoother experience:

- "Capture Emporia" window improved so when you click the "Boost" button, you now have the option to apply a Temporary City Schema that provides a Bonus to Emporium Gathering Speed
- Offense and Defense +50% Item improved so that you will now see a confirmation window before applying one
- Fixed Overlord Skirmishes to eliminate a visual issue that caused the amount of Energy used by Guardians to display incorrectly
- Fixed the text in the "Coalition Capital" window describing requirements for upgrading a Coalition Capital to Level 30, so that it no longer makes reference to downgrading a Coalition Capital of Level 29 "or higher"
- Fixed the alert warning you that unused Warrior Points will be lost at the end of the Warrior Pass Season so that it now correctly appears 24 hours prior to the end of the Season when you sign in to the game
- The Collection pane in the “Guardians” tab of the “Guardians” window tweaked so that it will now stay on a Guardian after their Rank is increased and will not auto-scroll upwards
- Fixed the Cult of Ares feature so that Units you receive from completing Puzzles or from duplicate Puzzle Pieces will now earn you Tournament Points in the Coalition Conflict and Royal Coalition Conflict Tournaments
- Fixed the "Dominion Status" window to eliminate a visual issue that caused the incorrect Dominion Level to be displayed in certain situations

Now, charge into Hellas with the speed of Hermes!

Basileus Leonidas 

Просмотры
Комментарии
23 дек. 2022, 11:0023.12.22
23 дек. 2022, 13:4323.12.22

This change

"- The Collection pane in the “Guardians” tab of the “Guardians” window tweaked so that it will now stay on a Guardian after their Rank is increased and will not auto-scroll upwards"

is, for me at least, a real pain. Before, when (for example) upgrading 20 rank 1 guardians following a group skirmish it was much easier as the window did not bounce up and down when clicking upgrade and info ie the auto-scroll upwards took you where you needed to be for the next upgrade. After the change we now have to scroll back up for the next L15 rank 1 to be upgraded which makes the whole process more cumbersome. Rarely if ever do I ned to stay on the guardian that was just upgraed but almost always want to upgrade the next guardian from that skirmish.

I'm not sure if this reads ok - hope I've explained enough for understanding.

Thanks

23 дек. 2022, 15:3123.12.22

Yes, Iapetos. Everyone, who upgrades guadians understood, what you mean. That is a horrible change. It's neither improvement nor a fix. That is what happens when you try to fix something that wasn't broken. Now it's actually broken

23 дек. 2022, 20:3723.12.22

Hey Crazybird - that is a nice summary.

Well, in the great scheme of things, this may not seem like a big change. For me however, it is big as I particularly focuss & enjoy guardians - the only $$$ I spend here is for the monthly Heroic Guardian pass. Not a lot, I know, but unless this change is reversed then this will be my last.

Cheers  

24 дек. 2022, 05:0224.12.22

Agree totally - this is yet another Plarium 'improvement' that has taken the game backwards.

Already a boring and awfully designed time consuming procedure, what it has done to the mechanics of guardian upranking is simply horrible. 

24 дек. 2022, 18:2524.12.22

I agree with all comments above. The game is cumbersome enough without introducing fixes that actually make things take more time and more difficult to use. The Guardian upgrade non-"fix" really degrades game play.

If Plarium really wants to fix something, get rid of the totally useless Are You Sure? dialog when a player only wants to change from one server to another. Nobody goes to this function without wanting to make the change. And even if one did err, its not like you are stuck on the other server, as one can easily change back. At least give players the option turn off the Are you Sure, Ok, and other popup confirmations experienced players no longer need., or need to be reminded all the time.

26 дек. 2022, 16:1226.12.22

I agree with the previous comments about the changes to the Guardians.

The extra time required to level up the guardians makes the game less fun. Combined with the recent price increase, this is more than just an annoyance.

One can only hope that this degradation of the game is rolled back as soon as possible. 

Thanks

27 дек. 2022, 19:3927.12.22

I agree with the comments about the changes to the guards.

The time needed to level the guardians is also very annoying, the price increase is also very annoying

DariaCommunity Manager
28 дек. 2022, 11:5528.12.22

Archons, thanks for your detailed thoughts on our new improvements, especially changes to the Guardians. I do really appreciate it. As far as I know, this improvement has been required from players since 2021, as some of them usually " work '' with only one guardian and upgrade it many times at once. It may be convenient when the cursor returns to the General you just upgraded because you don't have to scroll back to him. But please be sure that all your comments are noted and passed on to our team 🙂

DariaCommunity Manager
28 дек. 2022, 11:5828.12.22
Astertame125

I agree with all comments above. The game is cumbersome enough without introducing fixes that actually make things take more time and more difficult to use. The Guardian upgrade non-"fix" really degrades game play.

If Plarium really wants to fix something, get rid of the totally useless Are You Sure? dialog when a player only wants to change from one server to another. Nobody goes to this function without wanting to make the change. And even if one did err, its not like you are stuck on the other server, as one can easily change back. At least give players the option turn off the Are you Sure, Ok, and other popup confirmations experienced players no longer need., or need to be reminded all the time.

Thanks, Archon. Sounds like a nice idea. I guess this option is for clarifying the player's intentions to switch his servers, but I'll hand this idea over to the team 👍

28 дек. 2022, 12:3328.12.22
Daria

Archons, thanks for your detailed thoughts on our new improvements, especially changes to the Guardians. I do really appreciate it. As far as I know, this improvement has been required from players since 2021, as some of them usually " work '' with only one guardian and upgrade it many times at once. It may be convenient when the cursor returns to the General you just upgraded because you don't have to scroll back to him. But please be sure that all your comments are noted and passed on to our team 🙂

Well, I do not know how many players purchase the 'Heroic Pass' but I'm pretty sure that they all - like me - work at getting through the levels to obtain the extra slots ASAP and then work upgrading 20 guardians at a time. Anyone serious about guardians (and they can provide great benefits) will work this way.

I've been trying to think of a real benefit to the change that was implemented and I cannot. We all accept that the Plarium 'upgrades' are often about more $$$ from the coiners (eg - the huge number of sketches for the new buildings levels) and this is fine as, after all, Plarium is a commercial operation. But his change has me baffled.

The only real $$ I spend is on the monthly Heroic Pass - it's a shame as I will not buy it again (and sadly, means after this month I will miss out on such things as the Overlord tournamnet as my emeralds stash will go)

Anyway, that's my 2-penneth

28 дек. 2022, 15:3328.12.22

The guardian thing is not good at all, it was so much better before. Now i need to scroll up 20 times to get all upgraded

28 дек. 2022, 16:3528.12.22

Actually, not only it should not "stay on a Guardian after their Rank is increased ", but it would be helpful if the tab switched automatically to "INFO" (from "UPGRADE") so I could select faster the next guardian to upgrade! Which happens to be on the same rank as the former one, after a group skirmish. 

I agree with people above.

Instead of reducing the clicks in the game, you make me doing more.

This change is insane.

29 дек. 2022, 12:5029.12.22
Daria

I have to agree that the guardian fix does not help most players and makes the game more cumbersome. I have read feedback as posted and I have this to say.

1 Required since 2021? So a request from 2 years ago. This is not current

2. I don't believe most players work with only 1 guardian

3 Even if they do you have to mave from the guardian to upgarde change etc.

4 Everyone I have spoken to does not think this change improves the game, my entire COA in the game is moaning at this change

Please revert the change. This should be simple

31 дек. 2022, 13:3231.12.22

Concerning you supposedly listening to the requests by people working with one guardian, I'm one of those people. I can only assume a case of miscommunication with the devs, because this current "fix" only makes it harder. Thing is you already had one guardian permanently selected until you manually select other guardian or leave the tab. The left side of the window (your guardian collection) is the one you work with when choosing guardians to be used when upgrading with resources. There is no need for this window to auto scroll anywhere. If I choose to arrange my guardians by rank and then by rank 1, I want to allways stay on rank1s. How you used to upgrade is you choose one of rank1s, use 2 other rank1s to upgrade and then use another 5 rank1s to move your guardian to rank 3. All this time your selected guardian stayed selected in the right side of the window and you can work with it for as long as you want (no need to scroll back to it in your collection window). After the change it is still the same, but now you get autoscrolled to selected guardian the moment it is ranked up. So you have to constantly manually scroll up to the rank1s, that you are using to upgrade your selected guardians. 

Unless it's an intentional attempt to discourage people from upgrading guardians with resources, then it's completely unnecsessary and unwanted change. I'm working with one guardian.

1 янв. 2023, 10:2101.01.23

So, lets talk about the change made to the guardians tab :-

Well, in a fairly long list of dumb things that Plarium have done to this game - this has to be one of the dumbest. Those who actively upgrade guardians thinks this is a dumb change - at least everyone I've chatted with. Somewhere within Plartium there must be a view that this change will encourage players to spend more real money - it is the only possible reason for such a dumb change. Did I mention that this is a dumb change ?

All the comments above are spot on, by the way.

Another nail in the coffin for me - not many to go now before playing is more of a drag than it is fun.

1 янв. 2023, 22:5901.01.23
1 янв. 2023, 23:04(отредактировано)

The less clicks for repetitive tasks the better.  The "fix" about the guardians is the opposite of that. 

Some of us have 400 guardians in inventory at any moment, it's excruciating to scroll all the way up each time.

Please revert back!

i

2 янв. 2023, 19:2202.01.23

Well, it's been 1.5 weeks since I first posted on this topic and I guess it now feels like we are following that well known routine -  of talking to our bleeping selves. We have had a half-hearted/weak response from our CM which really said nothing of value. Still, at least our thoughts were 'noted'

Dissapointing to say the least.

Perhaps this latest nonsense from Plarium is what I needed ? 

DariaCommunity Manager
4 янв. 2023, 13:1804.01.23

Archons, I have already informed the devs team about your reflection on changes to the Guardians. That's why your thoughts were "noted''. By the way - thanks for your participation 🙂

Devs will decide whether to implement this feedback.  

10 янв. 2023, 12:5110.01.23
10 янв. 2023, 12:58(отредактировано)

So, "Devs will decide whether to implement this feedback." .... and there is the heart of the thing. Devs are not players - ok, they play enough to check their shiny new code is doing what they want - but that is not the same as being a real/proper player. But this is a well worn path that I think all regular/long-standing players agree on.

Anyway, one consequence of this stupid change - it has at least saved me $9.90/month as I will not buy the 'Heroic Pass' again. Oh - that means I spend nothing here. Which does, of course, in turn means that Plarium does not care what I think .. smile.

Ok, enough from me on this topic.

DariaCommunity Manager
11 янв. 2023, 10:3911.01.23
IAPETOS

So, "Devs will decide whether to implement this feedback." .... and there is the heart of the thing. Devs are not players - ok, they play enough to check their shiny new code is doing what they want - but that is not the same as being a real/proper player. But this is a well worn path that I think all regular/long-standing players agree on.

Anyway, one consequence of this stupid change - it has at least saved me $9.90/month as I will not buy the 'Heroic Pass' again. Oh - that means I spend nothing here. Which does, of course, in turn means that Plarium does not care what I think .. smile.

Ok, enough from me on this topic.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, Archon! 😢 

I'm glad you share your opinion here - it helps us to get better. Also, all paid offers are optional, however, I hope that you'll find our future improvements more valuable.