Migration to WebGL engine
You might have noticed some differences when logging into Sparta. Your account has been transferred to WebGL engine instead of Flash. Let me please explain why this has happened.
Soon Flash won’t be supported by most of the modern browsers. This means that a lot of players won’t be able to enter the game unless we change the current game engine. We have analyzed all of the possible solutions before choosing WebGL as the most suitable one.
Since then our developers are constantly working on the optimization of the game performance on the WebGL version. This is a kind of a challenge for our devs, and we would highly appreciate your patience while they are solving the issues of the new version.
The process is quite complicated and most of the fixes are released within the global game update. In case you experience login/game performance issues, please check the other threads on the Forum. Solutions provided by the other players may help you with your case. We will be posting recommendations from the devs that can help you to improve the game performance.
You can find the minimum system requirements for Sparta: War of Empires on the new WebGL platform below:
- Browser — Google Chrome version 65+, Opera version 46+, Vivaldi in all the versions. Currently, WebGL doesn’t support such browsers as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox.
- Random Access Memory (RAM) — 4GB+
- Operating System (OS) — any OS that supports the browsers specified above. Please note that Windows XP and Windows Vista do not support the required Google Chrome browser version.
Sparta: War of Empires on the WebGL platform works on both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of OS. However, the 64-bit system is more stable, while the 32-bit system may cause the crashes at the moment.
If the requirements are met, but you still experience issues, please follow the following instructions:
- Remember to update your software (browser, GPU drivers) to the latest possible version. At the moment we believe the latest version of Google Chrome works the best with the WebGL Engine;
- Disable Adobe Flash when playing Sparta. Here you can find the related guide;
- Make sure WebGL is Supported on your browser. Follow this link to test;
- Test the game performance with and without Hardware Acceleration being turned on;
- In case you use Windows 7/8/10 64-bit OS version, you can download our official desktop app Plarium Games and play via the app.
The developers are incessantly working on the game improvements and we would highly appreciate your cooperation. In case you experience an irregular situation with the game that has not been reported before, please tell us about it with a new topic. Here you will find an instruction on how to report bugs.
If you experience the issue which has already been reported, please join the existing thread, without creating the new one. As soon as we receive any news about the solutions, we will be posting them in the threads where the issue is discussed. Since most of the cases can be fixed with the game update, we will be unable to provide you with an individual solution before the release. If the issue is not resolved with the update, it will be reviewed once again by the developers.
Since your account is transferred to the new game engine, it will be impossible to return it to Flash version.