Migration to WebGL engine

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Agent PavelTechnical Support
6 июнь 2018, 15:0106.06.18

Migration to WebGL engine

Dear Archons!

You might have noticed some differences when logging into Sparta. Your account has been transferred to WebGL engine instead of Flash. Let me please explain why this has happened.

Soon Flash won’t be supported by most of the modern browsers. This means that a lot of players won’t be able to enter the game unless we change the current game engine. We have analyzed all of the possible solutions before choosing WebGL as the most suitable one.

Since then our developers are constantly working on the optimization of the game performance on the WebGL version. This is a kind of a challenge for our devs, and we would highly appreciate your patience while they are solving the issues of the new version.

The process is quite complicated and most of the fixes are released within the global game update. In case you experience login/game performance issues, please check the other threads on the Forum. Solutions provided by the other players may help you with your case. We will be posting recommendations from the devs that can help you to improve the game performance.

You can find the minimum system requirements for Sparta: War of Empires on the new WebGL platform below:

• Browser — Google Chrome version 65+, Opera version 46+, Vivaldi in all the versions. Currently, WebGL doesn’t support such browsers as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox. 
  • Random Access Memory (RAM) — 4GB+  
  • Operating System (OS) — any OS that supports the browsers specified above. Please note that Windows XP and Windows Vista do not support the required Google Chrome browser version.  

Important:

Sparta: War of Empires on the WebGL platform works on both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of OS. However, the 64-bit system is more stable, while the 32-bit system may cause the crashes at the moment. 

If the requirements are met, but you still experience issues, please follow the following instructions:

The developers are incessantly working on the game improvements and we would highly appreciate your cooperation. In case you experience an irregular situation with the game that has not been reported before, please tell us about it with a new topic. Here you will find an instruction on how to report bugs.

If you experience the issue which has already been reported, please join the existing thread, without creating the new one. As soon as we receive any news about the solutions, we will be posting them in the threads where the issue is discussed. Since most of the cases can be fixed with the game update, we will be unable to provide you with an individual solution before the release. If the issue is not resolved with the update, it will be reviewed once again by the developers. 

Since your account is transferred to the new game engine, it will be impossible to return it to Flash version. 

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
9 июнь 2018, 14:1709.06.18

I followed your instructions.  Since I was not getting reasonable screen update speed using the browser I downloaded the "official" Plarium desktop App and logged through it. 

It works great... but it is the Flash version of the game. So it's not impossible to return to the Flash version after all!

9 июнь 2018, 16:2209.06.18

More than 8 weeks since my migration by plarium

The game is running worser than ever

The subjet / file about our problems has been closed.

I can't play
24 авг. 2018, 00:3224.08.18
29 авг. 2018, 15:06(отредактировано)

When I log in-it stops at 80%

Server-Glorious Valley

Win10 64 bit

8GB ram

Before this, I get a pop-up regarding me to use Flash.

I have Chrome V68

My questions are:

-Do I need Flash? Why do I need it if we are all ported to Web GL?

Do I need the Plarium Desktop App? What does this do? Does it need Adobe Flash?

How can I tell if I am switched to the new game version..using Web Gl?

Help Please as the game is basically unplayable at speeds of a snail-and Yes-it is only when I play Sparta. 

What has happened?

Agent PavelTechnical Support
29 авг. 2018, 15:0629.08.18

mjp13000 said:

When I log in-it stops at 80%

Server-Glorious Valley

Win10 64 bit

8GB ram

Before this, I get a pop-up regarding me to use Flash.

I have Chrome V68

My questions are:

-Do I need Flash? Why do I need it if we are all ported to Web GL?

Do I need the Plarium Desktop App? What does this do? Does it need Adobe Flash?

How can I tell if I am switched to the new game version..using Web Gl?

Help Please as the game is basically unplayable at speeds of a snail-and Yes-it is only when I play Sparta. 

What has happened?

Hello, Archon!

The desktop app is working on Flash. You can play via the app since the WebGL platform is still under development.  

To log into the game via browser, please clear cache.  

You can check whether you play on WebGL or on Flash in the link to the game. The WebGL link contains "web-gl" in the end. 

4 окт. 2018, 12:2904.10.18

It's amazing, do you really think that this engine is better? 8 months and the engine does not work, the load takes an eternity, the graphics, movements, letters, etc. They are much worse.

Please, restore the previous system.

4 окт. 2018, 13:3504.10.18

Please, restore the previous system.

4 окт. 2018, 14:4804.10.18

Will not have desktop version for windows 7 32 bit?

4 окт. 2018, 15:3904.10.18
what have you done the game is very dark i have to adjust my brilliance & contrast to play it ,but change it back when using pc for everyday use ,NOT GOOD ,very annoying ,even the colours are dark & the writing & boxes practically the same colour as the back ground in many cases ,playing should be a pleasure not a chore! i see the antiquated pm is messed up again i don't know who's sending messages as the all come up labelled veterans as the names ? these where the obvious instantly noticeable things .why do you never iron out all the bugs & have a fully functioning game before releasing it onto your long suffering players.
4 окт. 2018, 16:5604.10.18

august the last time i complained, months ago, about the colour i was told to adapt my pc to the game, because it was problem of my pc... it was only me who had it wrong, when i proved that it was not, no answer back 

today i have been told by my vip agent, that "life is nor perfect" ... i know life is not perfect but a game should be at least playable, not like it is now. and about the sarcasm comments to clients, way to go plarium!!

4 окт. 2018, 18:4304.10.18

i can not play i have down loaded everything i was told crome and opera it stays stuck at 72%i am running windows 7 the only good thing about this is i can not spend monye but i would rather play

4 окт. 2018, 19:4004.10.18

hi plarium

you have now instaured to everyone the webgl version and pretty much fixed 0 issues related in the beta version. you give the option to those not pleased or unable to play using your new platform to download plarium play but plarium play as bugs and  we do not hvae via plarium play the capacity to see new friend requests, no private messenger . why not do one thing at one time but at least make it right... many players using mac unable to play now as well . 

it is a sad way to threat your members.

congrats you are very fast destroying your own game..

ps i know you don't really care about the complaints since money is still coming in
5 окт. 2018, 05:0005.10.18
FUBAR!
5 окт. 2018, 06:2105.10.18

yes  jorge your right about plarium greed, long as money comes in who cares about the players!! you would'nt buy a game & expect to find a note inside saying sorry we hav'nt bothered to sort out all the problems 'but if u check on line every now & then we may have sorted a few out ,but thanks for your money.

by the way my game freezes frequently, the engine is slow to respond it reminds me of when i used to use floppy discs, my phone is 10x faster, & why does everything have to jump all over the place constantly changing position, it's a nightmare !!
5 окт. 2018, 15:2405.10.18

It's unacceptable what you did, took away my right to play and look I did some refills in the game.

My system is 32 bits, I have updated the browser as you have been informed and nothing is blocked in 95% and the game does not load.

I look forward to an answer to that question.

5 окт. 2018, 16:5605.10.18
5 окт. 2018, 17:03(отредактировано)

I don't know where to post this but Archer and Myrm are supposed to be switched. Defence and Offence .

Also, Graphics got worse.

Also Also, Do I get a price for finding the bug above?

Also Also Also, Dragging number of units engages on the right side of the bar when clicked, Not in the middle.

I really need to get something for this.

5 окт. 2018, 19:5605.10.18

anybody can help me from Plarium, my progression stop at 96%, it is not my computer the problem because, I can go in the friend account and my friend can not go in my account, the trouble is somewhere in Plarium, almost two days I try to play

Do something!

Thank in advance
6 окт. 2018, 10:3506.10.18
7 окт. 2018, 19:58(отредактировано)

I'm using Google Chrome with 64-bit bla, bla bla.
Is this why I can't get on the game, http://prntscr.com/l2ulon

Z- Watamoo and I have the same problem. If you would be so kind as to answer his question.

6 окт. 2018, 19:5606.10.18

Hi, I use Mac OS, with all the necessary requirements, and I have installed Chrome for Mac but I can not access the game. There is a notice that says "technical problems" and in more info it says that only Google Chrome works.? And that the Mac application will soon be ¿¿¿¿¿????

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you

17 окт. 2018, 17:3217.10.18

Some of the features of the new browser version are good, such as being able to complete divine quests a lot faster but for the most part, it's unbearable to play. I cannot download the app at work but I can play on the browser, but it's terrible. I also cannot clear my cache because I have cookies that I need to keep.

If you all wanted to push everyone to the app, you should just do away with the browser version altogether. You have put out a very bad product. As someone else mentioned, the screen is dark, impossible to watch the raid timers if you are trying to do a galley trick raid. I get it, the game is free to play so you get "what you pay for" but some, myself included do spend money in the game. These changes are truly making me lose all interest in spending my hard earned money to just feel frustrated by a game.
17 окт. 2018, 17:5317.10.18

we tell them we are frustrated with the low quality of game, with the attitude & answer or even lack of answer here, and they do not care ...