Все Категории

NEW GAME VERSION SPEED ISSUES

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
1 июнь 2018, 13:0101.06.18

I am probably one of the few that has no problems loading the new game...But it still takes around 5-6 minutes to load.

But the game crashes all the time... When it runs its so slow that every action update is delayed 2 seconds or more.  This game already required huge amounts of clicking and switching screens.  It was tedious before.  With the new interface it is near impossible to play and will consume at least twice as much time as it did before.  I would venture that it makes so much difference that almost all players that used the old game engine will quit. I have reduced my playing time from daily to 2 times a week and I only check in for basic stuff. Completing any of the complex quests (like 10 raids/day) is out of the question with this interface.

I spent a lot of time on this game and I hope Plarium doesn't just abandon it.  This is what it feels like right now.  This BETA version needs to be scrapped and started over. It feels like it has been created on a shoestring budget with incompetent developers and very little commitment.  Patience is wearing thin.

The old engine was 1000 times better than this. You cannot roll this pile of junk out without killing the game.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
AndriiTechnical Support
1 июнь 2018, 15:0301.06.18

Hello archon! 

"Before it was better" or why we changed the engine

Soon Flash won’t be supported by most browsers. It means that a lot of players will not be able to enter the game if we do not change the current engine of the game.  This switch-over grants a long-term, stable solution for everyone.  We would also like to tell you that our developers are currently optimizing the WebGL version of the game.  If you face any errors or bugs, please report them to us. In this way, you will help our developers to improve the game in the shortest possible terms.

What to do
The WebGL engine has higher minimum requirements and players who are using weaker PCs can experience performance related issues.

It is unfortunate that your gaming experience was affected by the transfer to a new engine but this is something that can be fixed.

First of all, we recommend that you complete the following recommendations:

- Install the Google Chrome browser: https://www.google.com/chrome/

- In case you are already using the Google Chrome browser make sure to update it to the latest version: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003549632-How-to-Update-Browser

- Close all of the applications you don't use actively (e.g. Skype, other browsers, audio/video players, etc).

- Before you open the game close all of the active tabs in the browser to minimize the RAM usage.

1 июнь 2018, 22:5401.06.18
1 июнь 2018, 22:55(отредактировано)

HI AGENT ANDREW

since 17/05/2018 , i did all the steps that plarium administrator  suggested to solve my problems with the new engine version "WEBGL" . The last step u suggested is to update the chrome browser and close all the tabs . 

Google Chrome

Google Chrome est à jour

Version 67.0.3396.62 (Build officiel) (32 bits)

i dont have any problem with loading the game But still the game is getting freezed after 2 min after the loading . i cant raid cities ,capture emporium or even sending defence to pantheon or capital , opening message .for exemple after the loading of the game ,i cant do more than 1 thing in my city. for exemple if i send units to accrop , next i cant open the map or check the message . the game freezes . so it is annoying to reload the  game every times that the game freezes. 3 days ago , 1 player attacked , i cant even retaliate . So unitill your developpers fixe the new engine , switch all the players ("that plarium has choosen randomly for the new engine") to the old engine which works 100% . Or switch all the players playing  sparta to the new engine for equality between all players of sparta .It is unfair that the majority of the players are still playing with the old engine (which is working 100%) and some player that playrium used their account as guinea pig for the new engine ( which doesnt work) 

2 июнь 2018, 01:2802.06.18
2 июнь 2018, 01:37(отредактировано)

Agent Andrew.  I appreciate your response and I am sure you have good intentions. But in 4 weeks on the new server I have seen ZERO fixes which makes me doubt Plarium is doing anything.  If they hope somehow that player feedback will fix this they are kidding themselves.

Whether WebGL is a far inferior engine or Plarium did not invest enough in properly converting their programs to the new platform I cannot say.  My system is very performant and has zero issues with any other websites. I have a high speed fiber connection >50Mbps so if I can't make the game work for me you can bet 99% of other players cannot either. Beside the huge number of bugs in the new Plarium version of the program the screen update times are ridiculously long. 

This is not a browser-related or system performance issue. It has to do with either overload/slow servers at Plarium or Plarium not optimizing the screen update routines.  If you write update code that do not use exception update routines then you get this kind of lag.  When one parameter changes the entire screen has to update to make the changes... this takes "forever" in data transfer and computing terms.

The game is nothing but thousands of selections & screen changes and right now the delays in accepting each change makes the game unplayable.  Everything takes too long even if you disregard the butt-ugly graphics, the plethora of programming errors and all the crashes.

I feel Plarium is showing minimal commitment to this platform migration. At this speed by the time they get this turkey to work properly there will be zero players left.  I hope they soon realize that this won't fly and either kill it or invest real resources in fixing it.  I am guessing they subcontracted the work to a third party and are trying to force them to fix the problems which never works.  I make my living developing software. I can smell it from here.

Regarding the need to make this switch, the Flash support phase out has been delayed for another 3 years according to the three major Browser companies... The demise of Flash has been predicted numerous times before but too many sites still use it so the Browser companies keep delaying their support end date.

Have a nice day!

Agent PavelTechnical Support
3 июнь 2018, 16:0303.06.18

Dear Archons!

Please refer to this post. There you will find possible solutions. 

This topic will be closed.

Тема закрыта. К ней нельзя оставить комментарий.