Все Категории

A way to get new members into the game and other problems.

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
20 дек. 2021, 13:1820.12.21

I will risk being blocked for spamming again, by raising a suggestion I have made before.

If Plarium in their infinite wisdom would deign to publicise the games on Microsoft Store, that could bring in new members. There are many free software's and games publicised there. In fairness your marketing  department is worse than useless, they should have been looking for alternative ways of publicising your games. But then it may take somebody like myself with a qualification in marketing and business management to point out their flaws.

Let's face it. Everybody knows the game is dying. We all know why, it is overloaded with extra's that are not needed to make the game fun. It is top heavy, meaning that people who spend maney are always at an adavantage. Non-coiners are always at a disadvantage. You make additions to the game, not thinking about how much extra time players need to do them. Most players do not play those sort of hours, so can not achieve decent results.

Your own page states, that the games are "Free to Play" When it should say "Free to Play but controlled by coiners". I do not blame coiners, I blame plarium, if they encouraged more people to play free, and removed superfluous units and events, more people would play and join the game. More free players would also then  some money, which would make more money for you.

Finally. Three servers. Why? You have pointed out that most only play on the first server, as the game is now less than half the size it was when you created those extra servers. The number of total players on all three servers is less than it was on only one server originally. It is time to merge all 3 maps.

Summary. By merging 3 maps/servers, removing low lvl dead cities, publicising the game in other avenues and generally actually listening to the people who actually play the game, there may actually be a future for this game which many love and have played for many years.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
Ana de TinkyCommunity Manager
21 дек. 2021, 13:3921.12.21

Thanks for your suggestions, Rob.

If Plarium in their infinite wisdom would deign to publicise the games on Microsoft Store, that could bring in new members. There are many free software's and games publicised there. In fairness your marketing  department is worse than useless, they should have been looking for alternative ways of publicising your games. But then it may take somebody like myself with a qualification in marketing and business management to point out their flaws. 

We do not plan to publicize the game on Microsoft Store. Our Plarium Play app can be downloaded on Windows and you can freely play any of our games on your PC.

Your own page states, that the games are "Free to Play" When it should say "Free to Play but controlled by coiners". I do not blame coiners, I blame plarium, if they encouraged more people to play free, and removed superfluous units and events, more people would play and join the game. More free players would also then  some money, which would make more money for you. 

We try to balance F2P and paid content.  Although in-game purchases can speed up your progress, you can get cool stuff for free. And remember about the strategy; it matters the most. 

Finally. Three servers. Why? You have pointed out that most only play on the first server, as the game is now less than half the size it was when you created those extra servers. The number of total players on all three servers is less than it was on only one server originally. It is time to merge all 3 maps. 

As for the servers, we cannot merge them, unfortunately. It is technically impossible.

21 дек. 2021, 14:2021.12.21
21 дек. 2021, 14:55(отредактировано)
Ana de Tinky

Thanks for your suggestions, Rob.

We do not plan to publicize the game on Microsoft Store. Our Plarium Play app can be downloaded on Windows and you can freely play any of our games on your PC.

We try to balance F2P and paid content.  Although in-game purchases can speed up your progress, you can get cool stuff for free. And remember about the strategy; it matters the most. 

As for the servers, we cannot merge them, unfortunately. It is technically impossible.

Yes, we all know the game is freely downloaded from your site, but new members do not look there. Microsoft store would be a new source of fresh customer. You would be very shortsighted not to add the games there.

What cool stuff can you get for free, that is rubbish, it does not balance the differences between coiners and non coiners. You need to make a concerted effort to rebalance the differences between those who pay and those who can't afford to pay.

It is not impossible to merge the servers. I have a friend who is on the technical staff of another similar game. They have already merged their servers, it is difficult, but not impossible. So your excuse is totally false. There are not enough players on all three servers combined to create decent game. And you refuse to do anything to get new players in.

I suggest you sack all your marketing department and hire new staff, people with brain cells. Either that or give up and play tiddly-winks, that is about all Plarium is fit for.

21 дек. 2021, 14:4921.12.21

A great number of Hegemons have gathered on a skype channel called Help Save Sparta, to discuss how to save this game. I am not alone in this. We want to save the game for the future. But it can't be saved without new players, which Plarium refuse to encourage, so Plarium are killing this game. We also need greater parity beween the have's and the have not's, which again plarium is unwilling to do, so they carry on killing the game.     Please tell me, what exactly is Plarium doing? apart from adding more and more to the game, to make it almost unplayable for the majority of people.? Apart from not using marketing methods to recruit new members? Apart from not fixing the bugs already in the game, but just adding more? What are you doing? I fully expect to be kicked from the forum for asking questions which you have no real constructive answers to.

22 дек. 2021, 10:2822.12.21

Plarium does nothing, we will have to act.

And it would be good if all the hegemons said it here and not only on Skype.

22 дек. 2021, 10:4422.12.21

Plarium  you  need  to  sort  out  these  issues.  The  number  of  players  is  dwindling fast.  And  just  remember  those  who  have  several  accounts  end  up  leaving  then  thats  a  lot  of  cities  no  longer  in  the  game.  

You  could  have  3  people  leave  game  =  which  could  result  in  30  dead  cities .

Act  fast  before  you  kill  this  game  completely  

22 дек. 2021, 13:4522.12.21

Currently 8 tournaments running, all stupid and boring and none have anything to do with war, there is no fun and players drop out.

After too the game is uneven bonus and the few pvps do not give good prizes, every day there are fewer players and plarium ignores it.

22 дек. 2021, 13:5322.12.21
28 янв. 2022, 16:01(отредактировано)

Problems with the game:

1. Diplomacy - Very grey area, as some coalitions (in my opinion) totally overreact regarding hits on sieges/farms.  But, this is allowed within the parameters of the game.  So, is diplomacy really 100% water-tight?  No, that's one area Plarium could tighten up on.

2. Raiding like there's no tomorrow - Well we can raid up to 10 times per day, sometimes up to 40!  Again, this is within the parameters of the game.  If a player leaves troops out, then that will attract more raids.  Raids will only steal so any resources, destroy so many towers/traps.  Excessive raiding is unnecessary!

3. Rewards - Well these have been on a downward spiral for months now!  Give us MORE free drachma & troops for simply staying!

4. Blaming Plarium or certain coalitions - We can all argue who to point the finger at, but until Plarium adjusts the parameters then certain coalitions/players will continue to say, "Err it's allowed..."  But, what's stopping us from working together to target these ijiits??

5. Events - Too many overlapping, insignificant ones!

The above makes it extremely difficult for a player if he has several cities to play.  Now, why has a player multiple cities you ask?  The original owners left the game, donating them!  1 player can indeed have anywhere from 1 to 40+ cities!!!  So, imagine the impact across the game if those type of players leaves.....

Edited

22 дек. 2021, 18:0822.12.21

Por lo menos si los Hegemones de las grandes coas, a poder ser incluyendo a Nordmann, llegan a algún consenso YaviZ tiene razón en ponerlo en el foro.

At least if the Hegemons of the big coas, if possible including Nordmann, come to some consensus YaviZ is right to put it on the forum.

23 дек. 2021, 01:3923.12.21
23 дек. 2021, 01:40(отредактировано)

I'm a hegamen in the Balkan and I play in m.m and if you look I spend a lot of money on this game which now seems to be only for millionaires.
I can tell you that you will lose at least 100 players in the next few months, and that are strong players who play and spend money.
One of them is me and I hope you will do something not wait until the end or listen to what only nordmann says 

23 дек. 2021, 14:0623.12.21

Plarium has laughed at all of its players for far too long, destroyed games that were awesome years ago, and tampered with the game for years. "We all know about this."

Now the game dies and plarium has opted for the strategy of eliminating the war and changing the war game into an improvement game to continue making money with stupid tasks.

Enough of the laughing at all of us.

9 янв. 2022, 19:0709.01.22

and about a way not to lose them

28 янв. 2022, 16:1028.01.22
iammarauder

Yes, we all know the game is freely downloaded from your site, but new members do not look there. Microsoft store would be a new source of fresh customer. You would be very shortsighted not to add the games there.

What cool stuff can you get for free, that is rubbish, it does not balance the differences between coiners and non coiners. You need to make a concerted effort to rebalance the differences between those who pay and those who can't afford to pay.

It is not impossible to merge the servers. I have a friend who is on the technical staff of another similar game. They have already merged their servers, it is difficult, but not impossible. So your excuse is totally false. There are not enough players on all three servers combined to create decent game. And you refuse to do anything to get new players in.

I suggest you sack all your marketing department and hire new staff, people with brain cells. Either that or give up and play tiddly-winks, that is about all Plarium is fit for.

We are always open to constructive suggestions, Archon.

New players can freely join the game using Plarium Play.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you; there are a lot of items in the game for free. You can build your strategy without any investments.

When it comes to purchases, it's always your choice whether to make them or not. There are many offers and discounts in the game. In addition, we launch seasonal offers at reduced prices from time to time. You can always find something to your taste.

28 янв. 2022, 16:2928.01.22
GRΣΣNDΣΣZΣL

Problems with the game:

1. Diplomacy - Very grey area, as some coalitions (in my opinion) totally overreact regarding hits on sieges/farms.  But, this is allowed within the parameters of the game.  So, is diplomacy really 100% water-tight?  No, that's one area Plarium could tighten up on.

2. Raiding like there's no tomorrow - Well we can raid up to 10 times per day, sometimes up to 40!  Again, this is within the parameters of the game.  If a player leaves troops out, then that will attract more raids.  Raids will only steal so any resources, destroy so many towers/traps.  Excessive raiding is unnecessary!

3. Rewards - Well these have been on a downward spiral for months now!  Give us MORE free drachma & troops for simply staying!

4. Blaming Plarium or certain coalitions - We can all argue who to point the finger at, but until Plarium adjusts the parameters then certain coalitions/players will continue to say, "Err it's allowed..."  But, what's stopping us from working together to target these ijiits??

5. Events - Too many overlapping, insignificant ones!

The above makes it extremely difficult for a player if he has several cities to play.  Now, why has a player multiple cities you ask?  The original owners left the game, donating them!  1 player can indeed have anywhere from 1 to 40+ cities!!!  So, imagine the impact across the game if those type of players leaves.....

Edited

Thanks for sharing your points of view.

Probably you have some suggestions regarding Diplomacy and Raids? We are always open to them.

As for the rewards and events, we change them from time to time and try something new. So stay tuned.

Regarding the coa parameters, your point is a bit unclear. What parameters are you referring to?

It is not forbidden to have several cities. Many players like to try different strategies in different cities.