Все Категории

Terminology and Rules of how players think and what Plarium cannot accept as suggestions

Terminology and Rules of how players think and what Plarium cannot accept as suggestions

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
23 июль 2021, 05:1123.07.21

Good Weekend Players, Moderators and Plarium,

I will start a series of articles (different chains of conversation), all in the Game Discussion folder, and their purpose is to point exactlly the major problem of the Sparta game, and suggest few solutions. There will be mentioning of minor problems as well that affect the major problem, but the overall result should be to point out the main problems and start attacking it.

This is the first article in the series. Its purpose is to define the terminology and rules of how players in sparta game thinks, and of what kind of suggestions we as players can suggest to Plarium and what we cannot as it will be a waste of time. (Not mentioning specific suggestion but what kind of suggestions not to ask).

Also the purpose is not to mention the reasons for the rules, or if few players argue about them, just if they exist as far as most players see it.

The purpose of this article is not to define the problems of sparta and of course also not ways to fix them, all of these in later articles.

I am playing myself for 5 years, I spend small amount of money each month (non coiner).

Rules of how players think, the rules apply to most players (more than 80%) but not all:

1) Want to increase their army on weekly basis, but will compromise also on monthly basis. Each month players want to see their army bigger comparing to the previous month. This is in every strategy game in the world, not limiting it to Sparta.

2) Players want to raid cities on regular weekly basis, think of raiding one defended city each week.

3) Players do not want to farm. Not at all. And not to raid farms for resources. Farming, raiding for resources, or clcking on free rewards, or participating in non war tournaments like cult of ares or building city tournaments, is enforced upon players to get free troops.

4) There are 4 combination of players, which the decisions of both are somehow different but with the same concepts. Any suggestion needs to mention how both will benefit.

Regular/Coiners X Offence/Defence Oriented - 4 kind of players in total.

5) Players do not want to being forced to send their defence to acropolis by "magical" means, like political attacks. All handling of politicals are wrong and hated by many players. I already comented in article few years ago, that although i use politicals it is destroying the game. I and other players want battles of armies against armies, not politicals against empty cities destroying few towers.

6) Defenders after the battle report do not care what the offender does with his casualties, reviving etc, and the other way around. Battle report is making the defenders/offenders proud in their own eyes and in the eyes of others. So not caring of what eventually happens to the opponent casualties it is a hint about a potential direction for a good solution.

Rules of what not to suggest to Plarium as suggestions:

1) Not to remove existing tournaments. Tournements of a certain kind exist for most of the games of plarium, removing existing one is rarely done. Also managers in plarium are responsible for tournaments, after investing hundreds of thousands of dollars on each new kind of tournament. Removing one will say to plarium manager that the tournament he requested is a failure and it will put the manager to risking his reputation and job as he caused a loss of time and money to the company.

2) Not to request Drastic changes in game mechanism. Reasons: 2.1) Cost relatively more money. 2.2) All games in Plarium use same engine so any change will affect other games. 2.3) Some players will not like it and see as if Plarium changed their game without consulting and will consider leaving the game. 2.4) Plarium is not recognized as a company that listens a lot to its players. 2.5) A conversation and discussion has momentum, if focusing on big strategic change a small tactical good but less better change will not be mentioned or emphasized. Grab any good change that you can, focus on easy ones and then move to big ones.

3) If suggesting to add new tournament, then existing one must be taken out. Too many tournaments and playing tasks, it is draining our playing time from doing something interesting. Alaso new tournaments only during weekends when most players are available.

Thanks, Lior

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
24 июль 2021, 04:5724.07.21

hi LIOR, in many things of what you say I agree, you can be right that only 5% of the players make the game economically viable, now ... the other 95% do not buy or consume for a couple of reasons, 1 ) the first and most obvious is that we do not have the same purchasing power that a coiner player has, 2) plarium has never been interested in exploring the market that exists in that 95% of remaining players, which I do not understand, because although We cannot buy with the same regularity that a coiner buys, if we can make purchases that are close to our economic realities, but non-coiner players do not interest plarium

I personally have not asked to end a particular tournament, my request is more in the sense that existing tournaments are improved and nurtured, my proposal has been made since yesterday, (you can find it in the feedback sale and suggestions) but ... again plarium and its mods turn a deaf ear, neither criticism nor suggestions, nor ideas accept

There is something that I definitely do not agree with you and that is, if the developers have not done their job well and their ideas have not been correct, that is not the fault of the players, any new idea carries an implicit risk and is a risk that companies always take, there are products that are a success, but there are also others that are a resounding failure and of course, in the end the players decide whether or not to consume the product that the game creators present to the market

I also do not agree that the players cannot contribute new strategies or new concepts to improve any of the game aspects, I do not understand why this would damage the plarium manager's credibility or honor, the largest number of existing games accept and welcome ideas of the players to implement them and make the game something much bigger and better, in fact right now and to give an example, Electronic Arts is about to launch its star game Battlefield, in its version Battlefield2042, many of the new ideas were collected from listening to the same players, so this concept in which developer and players come together to take the game to a higher point is not new and it does not detract from the plarium manager as you point out, a smart company takes into account the contributions of its players because in the end, the players are the reason why games exist and become profitable

29 июль 2021, 12:5229.07.21

Hi Lior!

Thanks for your post. I must say that I disagree with several of the issues you are raising.

Sparta is a complex game that requires each of us to set a goal and develop different aspects of it in order to achieve it. I do not know two Spartans who play the same way, and the discussions in the chats and forums about the mechanics of the game and how to take advantage of them are still as passionate and varied as the first day.

Second, I remind you that all players are valuable in the eyes of Plarium, not just 5%. And I affirm this to you as a moderator, since I attest that the company emboldens us to help all players and not just a small elite. Balance is a feature highly valued by our developers.

In this channel of suggestions, one of the community managers of the company explained that suggestions can be accepted: everything we think is convenient to improve our game, even tournaments, can be approved! As long as it does not benefit only a part of the players or affects the general balance of the game. It would be interesting to read some new proposal about it, I must say ;)

Have a beautiful spartan day! 😎

30 июль 2021, 08:5630.07.21
30 июль 2021, 09:02(отредактировано)

Hi Mauro and Vanesamei,

I rephrased the original post to mention 4 combination of players, warfare players, ignoring the others as it is not the main subject of the discussion. Also removed the political consideration and explained in detailed more reasosn.

Players that spend small amount of money do interest Plarium, the base of players is non coiners.

As one myself, I spend a little money, let me give example of what Plarium did to players that do not spend much money:

1) CC.

2) Actually any existing tournament, main beneficials are non coiners. Including Arena, Ares, etc.

3) City Traps.

4) Elysian Towers.

5) All new free items in guardian quests and other daily free rewards, that didn't exist in the past.

Mauro, Interesting you mentioned the game of Battlefield2042. I dont play shooting games, but I looked in their website for only 10 minutes and clearly the company of Battlefield2042 is much more serious and listening to players compared to Plarium, examples now of how a company should listen to players looking at Battlefield2042:

1) In Battlefield2042 the gaming manager is recognized in his own name and discusses about the game. In Plarium I asked several years ago to make the game rules manager public in posts and he will discuss directlly with players, I was ignored and not even being replied to my suggestion.

Quote from Battlefield: "We’ve since read your feedback and sat down with Daniel Berlin, Senior Design Director for Battlefield™2042 to answer your questions."

2) The battlefield recognizes the contribution of suggestions of players in the post, and the suggestions is shared with the entire team, not a CM fiters then a gaming managers does another filter until few if any suggestions reach to the dev teams.

As mentioned by the battlefield company itself, not CM or moderators, quoting:"Your reactions to our unveiling have been memorable for the entire Battlefield team"

Vanesa, quoting you: "still as passionate and varied as the first day". I remember more players in forum in last years. When YavitZ started the discussions, after 2 days there were 7 views only to his original thread. To the current thread after more than a week there are 10 views. There are less discussions because there are less active players.

But that is why all of us are here, to try and change it.

Will continue in another thread to suggest.

Thanks.

Ana de TinkyCommunity Manager
30 июль 2021, 09:2630.07.21
30 июль 2021, 09:27(отредактировано)

Lior, we can remove old tournaments and add new ones, change the launch dates and balances. 

New tournaments and events appear in the game quite often (for example, a Resource Coalition Tournament is a recent one, and there will be one more in the future). 

We are constantly analyzing the situation and doing our best in order to make tournaments and events interesting to participate in.

Speaking of significant changes, we mean that we won't make, for example, a casual game out of the strategy or greatly change players' favorite features (for example, Guardians).  

There is a game base that we really don't want to change. However, we are always open to ideas😉

I rely on your understanding!

30 июль 2021, 19:2130.07.21
30 июль 2021, 19:21(отредактировано)
Ana de Tinky

Lior, we can remove old tournaments and add new ones, change the launch dates and balances. 

New tournaments and events appear in the game quite often (for example, a Resource Coalition Tournament is a recent one, and there will be one more in the future). 

We are constantly analyzing the situation and doing our best in order to make tournaments and events interesting to participate in.

Speaking of significant changes, we mean that we won't make, for example, a casual game out of the strategy or greatly change players' favorite features (for example, Guardians).  

There is a game base that we really don't want to change. However, we are always open to ideas😉

Anastasia, the way to make the tournaments more interesting to participate is by increasing the rewards that they give in them as has been suggested in another thread, it is useless to change or put new events if they all come with insignificant troops and accessories for large amounts of points.

A pvp like the one that came out today is really daunting and the reason why no one attacks anymore in a war and strategy game, also why many players leave the game for a more dynamic one.

The main discussion these days are the pvps, but they are not the only ones. A few days ago there was a guardian event in which the maximum reward was two two-day automatic for 10 million points, please !!! Check how many players completed that event and there you can tell.

Personally, I am not asking for the essence of the game to be changed, since that is what attracted us here. Rather, they analyze what we have proposed to them and realize that at this point we cannot continue playing with such miserable rewards.

30 июль 2021, 19:4830.07.21
Lior

Hi Mauro and Vanesamei,

I rephrased the original post to mention 4 combination of players, warfare players, ignoring the others as it is not the main subject of the discussion. Also removed the political consideration and explained in detailed more reasosn.

Players that spend small amount of money do interest Plarium, the base of players is non coiners.

As one myself, I spend a little money, let me give example of what Plarium did to players that do not spend much money:

1) CC.

2) Actually any existing tournament, main beneficials are non coiners. Including Arena, Ares, etc.

3) City Traps.

4) Elysian Towers.

5) All new free items in guardian quests and other daily free rewards, that didn't exist in the past.

Mauro, Interesting you mentioned the game of Battlefield2042. I dont play shooting games, but I looked in their website for only 10 minutes and clearly the company of Battlefield2042 is much more serious and listening to players compared to Plarium, examples now of how a company should listen to players looking at Battlefield2042:

1) In Battlefield2042 the gaming manager is recognized in his own name and discusses about the game. In Plarium I asked several years ago to make the game rules manager public in posts and he will discuss directlly with players, I was ignored and not even being replied to my suggestion.

Quote from Battlefield: "We’ve since read your feedback and sat down with Daniel Berlin, Senior Design Director for Battlefield™2042 to answer your questions."

2) The battlefield recognizes the contribution of suggestions of players in the post, and the suggestions is shared with the entire team, not a CM fiters then a gaming managers does another filter until few if any suggestions reach to the dev teams.

As mentioned by the battlefield company itself, not CM or moderators, quoting:"Your reactions to our unveiling have been memorable for the entire Battlefield team"

Vanesa, quoting you: "still as passionate and varied as the first day". I remember more players in forum in last years. When YavitZ started the discussions, after 2 days there were 7 views only to his original thread. To the current thread after more than a week there are 10 views. There are less discussions because there are less active players.

But that is why all of us are here, to try and change it.

Will continue in another thread to suggest.

Thanks.

Lior, what you two mention about this shooting game is totally true, I don't play these kinds of games either, but I also took the time to check their forum and those of other games more and note that the way of interaction between The administrators and the players is much closer and friendly, they listen to their players both for development and for updates and improvements and I think that it should be.

To develop a game you have to value the opinion and suggestions of those to whom the game is directed. We are the ones who play, who better to say if something is fun or not?

That is why you so often hear questions like: Do you want to end the game? Because we clearly notice that the game is on the wane and that Plarium doesn't seem to care.

1 авг. 2021, 19:5901.08.21

hello Lior, that's right my friend, that's why I have never understood why plarium has insisted on isolating the opinions of the players, it only has ears for the players who applaud their ideas like seals, those who do not question those who only endorse ideas without seeing if they are beneficial, or just listen to the coin players. Time and the current state gave us the reason, for years we insisted on making improvements, adjustments or taking new ideas, that the game is democratic and benefits everyone equally and not the closed group that even in the current state of the game intends to continue . To preserve its dominant status, Plarium shot itself in the foot, year after year demerited non-coiner players, put its mods as a retaining wall, and many great ideas that could be implemented years ago were simply discarded.

For many years I insisted on various issues, for example the value of the packs, Plarium focused its business idea only on the coiner, but it never saw a market in the players that we buy sporadically, I am South American, here the economic reality is very different of what the economy is in first world countries, in countries like mine the monthly salary is 300 dollars, so buying the plarium packs at the current price is a real luxury, plarium never thought about that, I do not understand why, I should have anticipated that situation and much more now that the pandemic wreaked havoc on the world economy, if there had been a greater flow of players buying, and not just 5% as you say in the previous post, the reality of the game well. now it would be very different, plarium took away the opportunity for small players to become competitive, all because the 5% is a privileged group that dictates the orders of how the game should be run, the result? the game is in a depressing state with non-coin players looking for the exit door, in the end only the coins will keep playing against the coins but ... the coins don't kill each other, hopefully plarium reacts before it there is no way to fix the problem, because when a player leaves the game, it is difficult for them to come back

1 авг. 2021, 23:3001.08.21
Ana de Tinky

When the game was fun my friends could spend 20-40eur a day, now 0eur, why spend if they barely play and it is so boring?

plarium believes that more money is made with a few very visas players than with a large number of small visas players.

And the result is that now the game is depressing, they are alts, 60-70% of the players have left the game and no one new ever enters.

The solution would be to return the fun to the game, and for new players to enter, give some incredible prizes in pvp.

Perhaps when plarium realizes his mistake it is too late and there is no solution.

The avarice breaks the bag.

And every day more coiners leave the game and no new one enters ... so every day plarium will win less money ...

Every day they answer the same answers, but they don't listen.

Plarium I have put photos with great prizes for pvp, based on the original idea of ​​mauro, look at the photo .. and take a test, what do you lose by taking a test?

How hard is it to give those awards in a pvp on the weekend?

do a test this month, every weekend a great pvp with those prizes.

You may be surprised at the results ... and take advantage of the pvp troop packs.

Do you know why many more packages were sold before? because has many agemas gave those packages.

Do you think that by giving more troops they will spend less? the answer is no.

As they are good packages they will buy more ... and if there are more troops there are more attacks, more defense is destroyed and you earn more money.

you can even sell packages only next by completing the next pvp reward .. for example ..

100k pvp points and you offer a package.

200k pvp points other pack

your economic thinking is wrong, this is not a casino.

I only ask you to do a test for a month and if you do not like the result you can return to the current situation.

1 авг. 2021, 23:5101.08.21
2 авг. 2021, 00:08(отредактировано)
Ana de Tinky

i

special weekend pvp, duration equal and simultaneous with the cc.

when a player completes 10k points he earns 500 agemas and plarium offers him a package for $ 9.99

when you complete 50k points you earn 1000 more agemas and plarium offers a second package for $ 9.99

when a player completes 100k points he earns 1500 more agemas and plarium offers a package for $ 19.99

and so on up to 5 million points.

Even this pvp could last 7 days, 2 times a month, that would be incredible.

The game would be a lot of fun, the players would have troops to attack and defend and I'm sure the plarium would make a lot more money.

This would save the game, now is your last chance to save the game, I have made my last effort in one last attempt to get plarium to listen.

Ana de TinkyCommunity Manager
2 авг. 2021, 12:3602.08.21
2 авг. 2021, 15:16(отредактировано)

Archons, first of all, I understand that you feel frustrated, but I would be grateful if you could discuss the topic in one thread and not copy-paste the same or almost the same text and screenshots in each thread. Please remember that spamming is forbidden on the Forum.

Secondly, we always follow the community's mood. We are always open to suggestions and are happy to give them a go if they are interesting and possible to be brought to life. 

A big team of professionals works on the Sparta game, and they make lots of analyses before making decisions or any changes regarding the game. We do not make anything that can harm the game. We always try to create something new and exciting for you to enjoy every moment of the game.

Тема закрыта. К ней нельзя оставить комментарий.