Все Категории

Newsfeed is part of the pantheons problem

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
8 май 2020, 21:2108.05.20

There are a number of reasons the map has so few pantheons at the moment. I could mention that the lack of viability in hitting capitals or stacked cities with ridiculous wall bonuses, as the losses compared to kills is discouraging to say the least. Players instead turn to pantheons, and so many are fed up with being hit, that they stop defending them, and attack instead. I could also mention the troop rewards tend to be offensive more often than defensive. 

There are still a few teams defending them, not many, but a few. But for how long they are prepared to do so, is the most pertinent question. All suggestions and questions have been brushed aside with platitudes and excuses that you do not want to damage the balance of the game. Well, I got new for you. It's pretty badly damaged.

So to the crux of my post, one of the contributing factors is the news feed ticker in the bottom-right corner of the screen, the thing that lets everyone know when teams complete achievements and upgrade or exchange pantheons. It's fine to show achievements. There's no problem with that. But whenever a pantheon upgrade or downgrade appears on that news feed, it's like a target has just been put on your pantheon. And as bad as things are, as difficult as it is to hold a pantheon, this makes it much worse. It needs to go.

I'm not saying that this will completely fix the issue, but it would be a start, and would not affect the game balance that you continue to insist is not damaged.
Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
NancyAdmin
13 май 2020, 12:5513.05.20

Eoin, thanks for your suggestion. To make sure that I got it correctly, you suggest we remove the information about upgrades of Pantheons from the Coalition chat, right? Here it is an example of what I mean. 

Why do you believe that it may help? I think that it's kind of challenging information that may keep players' interest in regards to Pantheons. When you find out that someone has upgraded a Pantheon it may be an additional incentive for your Coalition, too. What do you think about it? 

14 май 2020, 19:2814.05.20

Yes you understand my suggestion correctly. 

If you take incentive from the Coalition chat, then I'm afraid you won't find any encouragement there these days. What I see is only a handful of teams holding upgraded pantheons, and as soon as someone else tries to upgrade one, it gets knocked back down. 

The only purpose it serves is to broadcast that you have an upgraded pantheon, and mark you as a target. It has also generated a culture of vulturism, whereby players who are too lazy or weak to destroy a pantheon with their own troops, will monitor the feed and try to steal downgrades from the team who earned it. Such actions are hardly befitting of a noble Spartan warrior.

NancyAdmin
18 май 2020, 14:5418.05.20

Eoin said:

Yes you understand my suggestion correctly. 

If you take incentive from the Coalition chat, then I'm afraid you won't find any encouragement there these days. What I see is only a handful of teams holding upgraded pantheons, and as soon as someone else tries to upgrade one, it gets knocked back down. 

The only purpose it serves is to broadcast that you have an upgraded pantheon, and mark you as a target. It has also generated a culture of vulturism, whereby players who are too lazy or weak to destroy a pantheon with their own troops, will monitor the feed and try to steal downgrades from the team who earned it. Such actions are hardly befitting of a noble Spartan warrior.

I see your point, Eoin, and thanks for sharing your thoughts and suggestion with us. 

I know that it may be hard to protect Pantheons against other players, especially developed ones, but this is a standard gameplay process. We constantly monitor the situation on Pantheons and forward players' feedback on this feature to our game designers. At the moment, we aren't planning to make any changes to it. We have our vision of the game and are focused on some new interesting features, but please rest assured that we also monitor the whole situation on Pantheons. If we decide to change something it will take a significant amount of time to come up with some specific points and implement them in the game. Your understanding on this is much appreciated.