Все Категории

Night view

Night view

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
9 нояб. 2018, 23:1709.11.18

Night view

It would be very suggestive, I believe, to be able to see one's own city at night. Lighted torches, lighted lighthouse, summit of acropolis resplendant. A good show, I think; like seeing the real acropolis of Athens at night.

It's a small suggestion, and I do not think it takes so long to implement it. What do you think?

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
10 нояб. 2018, 09:4810.11.18

do we really want things that will make game heavier than it is? it will increase the actual lag

I was hoping they will make lighter the game, I prefer a good running program than a good looking one :p (well except webgl that still looks strange colours even my coa logo instead of brown is pink)
10 нояб. 2018, 11:5510.11.18

hijadelafortuna T.I.A. said:

do we really want things that will make game heavier than it is? it will increase the actual lag

I was hoping they will make lighter the game, I prefer a good running program than a good looking one :p (well except webgl that still looks strange colours even my coa logo instead of brown is pink)

For you, something like this would increase the lag? It's not about producing animations, just changing the tonality. The images would still be static. It's already in use at other games I've tried, and I've never encountered any lag or other problems. It is activated at a certain time (eg 9:00 PM) and deactivated by another (eg 6:00 AM). It does not alternate periodically.

However, mine is just a suggestion. For me, aesthetics also matters a lot in this game.

12 нояб. 2018, 20:5712.11.18
12 нояб. 2018, 20:57(отредактировано)

for me, no, but how long have you been in plarium with sparta? unless you play in fb and you dont have the problems we have in plarium.com?

everytime they add something it gets worse and game is unplayable like today

and i know what you mean as i have used for decades in other games and it does not add anything to mechanics of the game, i come to kill things lol not to make my city pretty ;-) so now i also dont wat snow or any of the things other games offer when the main priority is to reduce the lag in this game :)
12 нояб. 2018, 21:2012.11.18

hijadelafortuna T.I.A. said:

for me, no, but how long have you been in plarium with sparta? unless you play in fb and you dont have the problems we have in plarium.com?

everytime they add something it gets worse and game is unplayable like today

and i know what you mean as i have used for decades in other games and it does not add anything to mechanics of the game, i come to kill things lol not to make my city pretty ;-) so now i also dont wat snow or any of the things other games offer when the main priority is to reduce the lag in this game :)

I'm on Sparta since 2015, so I've seen things ... :)

This is a section related to suggestions, and I have only expressed my proposal. Clearly what will happen does not depend on me or on you ... Plarium will decide. I believe that the night vision is a nice idea and could easily find its realization in the near future. As for the worsening of the fluidity of the game, due to the innovations that are introduced, you're absolutely right: just see what is happening right in these hours, with a game of fact INGIOCABLE. But what I have proposed is independent of this; we can not reject news only in favor of greater fluidity. It goes with the same longevity of the game. In any case, I repeat: it would only be necessary to change the tonality of the screen, and bring it from the current day colors, to darker shades (and then nocturnal). No new animation or things like this are required. The same day-night cyclicity would follow the real one. So we would not see a day-night alternation several times on the same day.

13 нояб. 2018, 09:5113.11.18
13 нояб. 2018, 09:52(отредактировано)

thats your opinion, i have mine and we both wrote it here :)

if you have been since 2015 so you have seen how game gets worse everytime they implement something new.

you think nocturnal is good, i personally think its not essential for game play that its our main rpoblem now :) you gave your opinion, i gave mine both i guess after our experiences in games (probably we have more experience that this plarium devs lol) :)

i prefer they concetrate in repairing the actual game :)

15 нояб. 2018, 09:2115.11.18

Archon, 

Your suggestion would really make the game look more realistic. 

The first problem is that it soliciter many artists' work, because it would not be enough to lower the color saturation but to do a very realistic job. 

The second problem is that not all players play with the same time zone, it would be strange to see his city at night when we are in daylight in reality. The solution could be to create a server time (which doesn't correspond to reality and is the same for everyone). 

The last problem is that contrary to what you think, it's a long job and the devs may not do it in the near future. 

If the CM doesn't accept, it will probably be for the reasons if on it.

15 нояб. 2018, 15:1215.11.18

Hello, Archons!

DIOGENE, first of all, thanks for coming here and posting your suggestion!

It's absolutely reasonable and I agree it will make the game more atmospheric. But Bill gave the right explanation why this suggestion can't be implemented in the very near future.

I just want to add that the main task devs are focused on at the moment is optimization of the game and decrease of lags and loading issues.

Night mode still will give additional load and the game is not ready to stand it yet.

Plus, our designers are overloaded with the tasks now and they won't be able to add one more view to the game in the near future.

Taking into account all these reasons, I have to reject your suggestion for now.

Тема закрыта. К ней нельзя оставить комментарий.