New Phalanx Units!

New Phalanx Units!

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Комментарии
12 дек. 2017, 14:5912.12.17

nice one dorieas. 

i think sparta still lacking smart people. rather than coiners, those are the ones that dont last long in sparta lol

12 дек. 2017, 15:2912.12.17
Dimitri Molchanov said:

Kevin Thomas said:

So we can get new units, thats great. But what about ALL the other upgrades to game play that happened seamlessly with the Facebook platform? All I hear is that its an equipment issue, but if you can simply add the code for the new units, can the same not apply to all the other updates and features? The difference in game play, team play is significantly different. Frankly, I dont get excited about logging into plarium.com since its WAY behind what you offer on Facebook. I only log in to do my daily contributions to the team tasks. I would imagine your acivity levels would increase a lot (and likely money spent as a result) if you make upgrading the code here a priority. 
Hello, Kevin. Facebook does not have the same issues with Flash Player as other websites do, thus it is easier to update it at the moment. But rest assured, our developers are aware and are working on a solution already. You may have seen this thread on the forums. We are currently looking for beta testers to make sure that Sparta is transferred to a new game engine as smoothly as possible. Once that is done, our developer team will begin moving all existing Facebook features over to these servers as well.
From what I have seen with the amount of games I play, plarium.com is actually more stable with flash than facebook is. Facebook naturally has greater traffic demands yet doesnt crash nearly as often as plarium.com does.
MariusAdmin
13 дек. 2017, 08:4413.12.17
Kevin Thomas said:

From what I have seen with the amount of games I play, plarium.com is actually more stable with flash than facebook is. Facebook naturally has greater traffic demands yet doesnt crash nearly as often as plarium.com does.
The situation is a bit trickier than that. You may have heard that Flash will no longer be supported by browser software. You may have noticed issues cropping up after Flash Player or your browser gets updated to the next version. Facebook is one of the "exception" websites for the time being, and Flash-related issues are less prominent on it than on the Portal when they happen. That, in addition to the limited time before Flash goes down completely, is the main reason a new engine is required. If you read the thread, you can see that the task is almost complete and it will only take a couple more months before we get a new and shiny Sparta 
13 дек. 2017, 19:4313.12.17
Dimitri Molchanov said:

Kevin Thomas said:

The situation is a bit trickier than that. You may have heard that Flash will no longer be supported by browser software. You may have noticed issues cropping up after Flash Player or your browser gets updated to the next version. Facebook is one of the "exception" websites for the time being, and Flash-related issues are less prominent on it than on the Portal when they happen. That, in addition to the limited time before Flash goes down completely, is the main reason a new engine is required. If you read the thread, you can see that the task is almost complete and it will only take a couple more months before we get a new and shiny Sparta 
Why   didn't you guys migrate to silverlight or others alternatives  ?? 
MariusAdmin
14 дек. 2017, 08:1214.12.17
Moving the game to an entirely new engine is a long process, especially since we want to make certain our players keep everything that they have achieved.
14 дек. 2017, 20:0214.12.17
Dimitri Molchanov said:

Kevin Thomas said:

Flash has been saying for years that they wont support browser software. But the revenue they generate from many sources due to browser support has actually caused them to renig on this "threat" they made. Its been 5 years of this back and forth. As for moving to silverlight or something similar is not too complex. You get everything set up, shut the servers down and exchange everything. If you planed accordingly, should only cause a 1-2 hour shutdown. People will tolerate that. 
31 март 2018, 20:0631.03.18
31 март 2018, 20:29(отредактировано)

The new units:  expensive + you cannot build them so they'll always be scarce and since they have no special ability they are superfluous. I'd rather have two Agemas than a Paeonian any day.

We already have dozens of units we never build and never use + a bunch of special reward units that never add up to a significant force.  Like imperial Psilos and Hoplites and those blue Agemas.

Both graphics are disappointing.

The Iberian looks like a gold wrapped chocolate bunny or a Christmas ornament with a hook on top so you can hang him from the tree.  He looks inanimate and "flat" - more like a priest that a warrior.

The Paeonian looks like he OD-ed on Burger King meal deals.  A fat caveman... very scary indeed.

Why are they huge compared to the other units on the army overview screens?  They look poorly proportioned...

Bottom line: Over-hyped luxury toys for bored coiners.