Position Takeover Tournament

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
17 нояб. 2015, 12:5217.11.15

Archons!

In the next Position Takeover Tournament, the gods will be changing the Tournament Point calculation mechanics. Now, instead of gaining Tournament Points only for successfully clearing Positions, you will be getting Points for Persian Units you destroy even when you fail to conquer the Position. Important notes regarding the coming changes:

1. The total number of Tournament Points received from Positions remains the same. Only their distribution mechanics have been altered: you will receive Tournament Points regardless of whether the Position was cleared – they are now issued per Unit eliminated, rather than per Position cleared. It was really frustrating when you worked away at your last Position but didn’t manage to clear it until after the end of Position Takeover Tournament, wasn’t it? Now, you will get the Tournament points you deserve for your efforts in such cases.

2. The update in question will only affect Position Takeover Tournament Point calculation mechanics. Rewards for Positions and rewards for the Tournament itself remain the same. If you left some Positions nearly defeated, in order to finally clear them during the Position Takeover Tournament it is recommended that you destroy them now before the next Position Takeover Tournament starts, so you can have new ones available, full of Units to defeat. This way, you will stand a chance of topping the Rankings!

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
17 нояб. 2015, 13:4217.11.15
17 нояб. 2015, 13:4317.11.15
Informing players about the upcoming change in advance is appreciated. 
17 нояб. 2015, 14:1917.11.15
29 дек. 2018, 17:06(отредактировано)
Great idea :D
17 нояб. 2015, 15:0117.11.15
john_zed said:

Informing players about the upcoming change in advance is appreciated. 
I'm glad that you appreciate this! 
17 нояб. 2015, 15:5117.11.15

yes!

one LIKE for admin for informing about the changes.

17 нояб. 2015, 21:0417.11.15

like always I need to criticise :)

informing about changes is nice I cant agree more...but before implementing some change would be good to have a voting before...so we see what players want...players that want something are maybe long gone before you implement that. So they are not happy and with some changes (and quit before they are "fixed")  and we are not either so lets make a voting. Half of things you have done has some really bad side effects so would be really good seeing what players think about some things before you even start developing...so that you do not develop things and say we cant change now (persians)

best regards

Gorgo
18 нояб. 2015, 13:2018.11.15

Hello Archons,

This means you can now have some days to prepare and build troops, and focus on Persians during tournaments.

It should relieve a bit those who were concerned with the tourments high frequency... Now at least playing them will always earn points and rewards, even if it takes weeks to take down a level 125 position... ;)

Let's always see the positive aspects of changes and use them to our advantage. :)

18 нояб. 2015, 14:5518.11.15
Hallelujah, the gods are listening.
19 нояб. 2015, 11:1419.11.15
29 дек. 2018, 17:03(отредактировано)
20 нояб. 2015, 21:2920.11.15
29 дек. 2018, 17:09(отредактировано)

Perspective from a 2 month player (lvl 62).

Pros:

Change seems prety ok, (only/mostly) for players which play high end lvls of Persian Position during tournament so they have a bit higher chance for toping the rankiing like it is writen.

Cons:

For low lvl playerst this change lowers chance and exted a time of playing, to "catch" up higher lvl players.

Till this chage come "alive" it is efective to get down PP to one bar during EXP tournament and finish PP on PP tournament. It is 2v1 win situation which help low players to "build" up army faster to be more competitive with "biger" guys. It is still going slowly tho, even if building army 24/7 but at least it speed up a little bit.

Question is what will you do to for low lvl players to be "more" competitive with 80+ guys on tornaments and not spending 6 months+, "not" playing a game?

21 нояб. 2015, 09:4421.11.15

Actually, no new player will ever catch up with older players. For the same rason you're not as old as you father !

That's precisely why buying levels is absurd. You can't buy age and time, period.

Nothing is meant to catch up with older players, and there's no point to doing so.

However, coalitions can mix newer and older players. Catching up and raising to the top is only a matter of getting together and efficient team play.

So staying alone or in "new players" clans and demanding to catch up with people who spent 2 years of efforts is doomed to go nowhere. The only solution is to blend with older players and prove your usefulness. Together you're stronger !
21 нояб. 2015, 15:2321.11.15
29 дек. 2018, 17:09(отредактировано)

Thatbloke thak you for your reply. English is not my 1st language so that might be reason a you didnt get my point.

I would like to stick on topic which is highly conected on anouncment it was made. Especialy on "negative" effect of it. I dont know if your states are official ones.

I dont know how you came on real life son father age comparison becouse this is a game. 

I totaly understand that lvl of an player is not indicator of an "strenght", especialy since you can rise lvls with drachmas but it told you (before option to buy lvls) that player play this game a bit longer and usually have higher "skills" and "biger" army. Even that type of games (free to play or play for free or whatever you call it) have some end game where in some time, players can be "equal" and have a "fair" fights. So only skill and teamply determine a "winer".

Tho i am a bit woried about what you wrote :/ like: "Actually, no new player will ever catch up with older players" ; " Nothing is meant to catch up with older players, and there's no point to doing so."...basicly all your post is some kinda disapointment. Sorry but that is not my 1st or last game that i am playing but if your statment is official i just might made a those mistake in a life when bought/paying for cat in a bag (fraze which means you got "cheated").

26 нояб. 2015, 02:1426.11.15
26 нояб. 2015, 02:17(отредактировано)

I understand your concern, and I have to say that, though you may be tempted to catch up in strength using money, it's probably not the good way to do so.

It's not only about big figures in troops actually. Lots of other aspects are important. Signing and upgrading agreements take time an needs lots of resources, for instance, though, yes, you could speed them up using boosts and buying resources after all, and catch up with higher level players.

But there are still two points youll never  be able to buy : real game mechanics experience and mastering, and team play.

They're the real key to success in the game, and it will always take the necessary time.

Plus there's another, maybe forgotten point : boredom.

You may be more involved in playing a game you had spent so much time and efforts to raise in, made friends and built a strong alchemy between members.

It would probably be diffficult to achieve this in a short period of time, and if you'd just spent a fortune buying a high level (a real one, with upgraded buildings, agreements, elixirs and a strong army do go with them), I'm not sure it would have the same value (apart from its price, of course) in your heart that somehting you'd have built from scratch and raised like a child (or a pet, if the child comparison is too strong for you). ;)

I may be wrong, but I think we see many of these rich and hasty players rise, shine an disappear quite fast, out of pure boredom.

So, yes, the possibility to catch up using money exsists if you really want or need to, but it may still not be the best way.

Do as you feel, spend wisely if you think you have to, and try to get the true spirit of the game, that relies more on its members community than on money. :)

26 нояб. 2015, 06:0426.11.15
Big whoop. While a slight benefit for those who understand how to properly play the Persian Positions as they whittle down the camps without and before taking them out in turn, those who don't and being the majority of players are only being purposely enticed by this so-called improvement and benefit to throw away and eventually lose their entire army against the Persians. For which and as intended they can of course always buy back.
26 нояб. 2015, 06:2326.11.15
love this change, it have me playing PP's again, thanks :D
26 нояб. 2015, 06:3626.11.15
29 дек. 2018, 16:58(отредактировано)

morteeee said:

love this change, it have me playing PP's again, thanks :D

Morteeee,if i may ask, what was the reason you didnt play a PPs till this change?

Edit: & Notebloke, very please, do not respond on my posts. Thank you.
26 нояб. 2015, 08:4926.11.15
26 нояб. 2015, 08:51(отредактировано)

I may answer for her as it's obvious when playing higher level positions : profitability.

It's hard to get back what you invest when playing Persians apart from full payouts, so only two aspects can help getting a benefit :

- Producing and using cheap fodder as much as possible and keeping the valuable troops safe for PVP use ;

- Getting rewards from tournamets to raise benefits.

The new system can give more time to build fodder, and will definitely provide rewards whatever you can invest at a given time without urging you to actually finish positions.

That's why it should help high level players to get back to playing Persians.

26 нояб. 2015, 21:4626.11.15
29 дек. 2018, 16:57(отредактировано)

Edit: & Notebloke, very please, do not respond on my posts. Thank you.
Sorry, my bad, i meant THATBLOKE.
2 окт. 2019, 10:2702.10.19
Plarium has set positions way too hard. Way too few unit returns. Big investments with no rewards. And I think it has been done to encourage spending by coiners. Is turning me off the game because it has become way too expensive to retain a decent sized army. Many in the game are talking about Plarium being way too greedy.
NancyAdmin
4 окт. 2019, 08:4004.10.19

Andrew HBG said:

Plarium has set positions way too hard. Way too few unit returns. Big investments with no rewards. And I think it has been done to encourage spending by coiners. Is turning me off the game because it has become way too expensive to retain a decent sized army. Many in the game are talking about Plarium being way too greedy.

Hello. Sparta is a war strategy game and like in every war strategy game you need to put some efforts to achieve a good reward. What is important to remember here is that Positions are not designed for raising the number of your army, but for converting weaker units into stronger ones primarily. At the moment, I would recommend taking a break from Positions, concentrating on building the troops that you would not feel sorry about losing later on Positions. There are many other activities in the game you can focus on.