Plarium's plans for its strategy games once browsers stop supporting Flash

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
AlinaCommunity Manager
12 сент. 2019, 12:4812.09.19

In 2016, Adobe announced that they would stop developing Flash. By December 2020, Flash will no longer be supported by any web browser. As many of you know, most of Plarium’s strategy games run on the Flash engine. If the browsers block Flash, it would spell the end of an incredible gaming community. It would be a disaster, and we’re not about to let it happen.

Adobe suggested we transfer our games from Flash to WebGL to avoid the problem entirely. As an experiment, we began to transfer one of our games - Sparta: War of Empires - to WebGL in the middle of 2016.

It took 2 years, and the results were disappointing. The WebGL engine was not as powerful as Flash: the minimum system requirements went up, the visual quality went down, the load times were 5-7 times longer, and the game was much less responsive. After 3 years of awesome gameplay, players had come to expect more. WebGL would not do!

Our top priority was, and will always be, the development of high-quality games for our players. WebGL was unacceptable, so we built an alternative: Plarium Play, an independent desktop application. It enables us to safely and reliably use Flash even after Adobe stops supporting the engine. It’s convenient for you, it’s convenient for us, and it’s already the solution being implemented by others facing this problem.

What does this mean?

Chrome will support Flash till the end of 2020. We recommend switching to Chrome if your browser cuts support early.

Players who are currently playing on plarium.com should switch directly to Plarium Play as soon as possible.

Players who are using facebook.com should switch to Facebook’s Gameroom application.

Other social platforms hosting our games are currently developing desktop applications. Once those are out, you should switch over.

While Flash is available on browsers, we will do everything we can to help you play our games on your format of choice. Once that’s no longer an option, you can still keep playing on Plarium Play or your platform’s desktop application.

We want to assure you that our strategy games will keep using Flash. Our best developers will continue working on improving the game quality, adding new content, and implementing new features to provide you with the best game experience. We will also continue collecting feedback from our gaming community so we can create a perfect game together.

Thank you for sticking with us. We will keep you updated!

Plarium Team

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
12 сент. 2019, 13:5812.09.19
problem is, the app is very unstable. it quits almost always when i go from server 1 to server  2
12 сент. 2019, 15:0212.09.19
12 сент. 2019, 15:03(отредактировано)

plarium play is nice if you have one account..but it fails to let you go to other accounts...Which means i either will lose out on those other accounts or will have to cancel and reapply...and another thing,why does the FB Server have better decor items and the chrome server or plarium play doesn't...The FB server is exactly like the new servers and all the ideals from the FB server are implemented to the chrome and plarium play servers..You need to update the decor items for all servers..for example,the FB server has chariots,lion cages,whine presses,etc..all these new servers do not..Please update..I know you can do this and it can't be that hard to do..regards AJAXTHE-PIRATE

12 сент. 2019, 16:3612.09.19
12 сент. 2019, 17:24(отредактировано)

Hello, 

in view of the level of cheating of some players who are mega multi-account, I think that close the current servers and start again on better basis proves more than necessary ....

moreover this game has become a real "gas plant"

with much too much that we lost their interest, because when plarium offers something, plarium offers are opposite a few months later

and finally, is it really worthwhile to continue to develop a 5-year-old game that has arrived breathless and where very few new players are coming ...

you can close the game, i am ready, like lot of player....

and you wil have no money of my part....

12 сент. 2019, 17:4012.09.19

Abandonner les navigateurs web au profit d’une application spécifique comme Plarium Play est un choix stratégique bien risqué si on compare l’audience des navigateurs et celles des applications de ce genre.

La première solution de rechange qui vient à l’esprit c’est HTML5 déjà choisi par YouTube, FoE, et bien d’autres.

Pourquoi Plarium ne choisit pas HTML5 ?

Abandoning web browsers in favor of a specific application such as Plarium Play seems a very risky strategic choice when comparing the audience of browsers with that of applications of this kind.

The first alternative that comes to mind is HTML5 which has already been chosen by Youtube, Forge of Empires, and many others.

What is the reason for Plarium not choosing HTML5?

12 сент. 2019, 18:4812.09.19

I find it hard to believe that you haven't earned enough profit to handle this comfortably. All the evidence I've seen indicates that many players spend very freely. we are harassed regularly to spend money on rewards that are fleeting at best. If you want to improve your game stop acting like shameless whores who never can have enough money... Present your game more professionally.  I really think you have something amazing in Sparta, I will not play the rest of your games though.  The rest are basically almost the exact same thing with different images and names for the objects.

12 сент. 2019, 19:1012.09.19
keep it browser game, is very possible, adapt, flash is not the end of the world, or you will lose us for good!
12 сент. 2019, 19:3612.09.19
12 сент. 2019, 19:37(отредактировано)
i can not install plarium play. the installation process wont finish and i get a  bug-report. imac middle 2011 osx yosemite
12 сент. 2019, 20:2612.09.19
CU MAX said:

i can not install plarium play. the installation process wont finish and i get a  bug-report. imac middle 2011 osx yosemite

12 сент. 2019, 20:3112.09.19

I was using Plarium play until v 3.0 came along. Since then i get errors of it is already updated. Tried to remove several times but get it is already installed and I can play for that session but get no short cut to start it again. next time, I have to open Firefox,click on download, get message it is already installed and then get the option of using it again. Anyone got any suggestions of how I can fix this.

Windows 10 and Firefox still works.
13 сент. 2019, 01:5713.09.19
I have firefox  i am worried i will not beable to play this game again. long time member.
13 сент. 2019, 04:0313.09.19

i was able to download plarium play setup to my computer but during installation plarium play it hanged to 1% forever... what should i do? 

i can only play using web browser at the moment. 
NancyAdmin
13 сент. 2019, 11:5613.09.19
AJAX-the-PIRATE -T300 said:

plarium play is nice if you have one account..but it fails to let you go to other accounts...Which means i either will lose out on those other accounts or will have to cancel and reapply...and another thing,why does the FB Server have better decor items and the chrome server or plarium play doesn't...The FB server is exactly like the new servers and all the ideals from the FB server are implemented to the chrome and plarium play servers..You need to update the decor items for all servers..for example,the FB server has chariots,lion cages,whine presses,etc..all these new servers do not..Please update..I know you can do this and it can't be that hard to do..regards AJAXTHE-PIRATE

Thanks for your suggestion regarding decor, we passed it to the dev team and they promised to double-check the difference in decor on Facebook and Portal. 
NancyAdmin
13 сент. 2019, 12:0213.09.19

CU MAX said:

It's quite of an outdated operating system. If you have a chance I would suggest updating it. Plarium Play is better compatible with High Sierra and Mojave. 

NancyAdmin
13 сент. 2019, 13:3013.09.19

BarbeVerte LRL said:

The first alternative that comes to mind is HTML5 which has already been chosen by Youtube, Forge of Empires, and many others.

What is the reason for Plarium not choosing HTML5?

The reason is the same as why we gave up the idea of transferring the game to the WebGL engine. 

NancyAdmin
13 сент. 2019, 13:3313.09.19

RunningMan said:

I was using Plarium play until v 3.0 came along. Since then i get errors of it is already updated. Tried to remove several times but get it is already installed and I can play for that session but get no short cut to start it again. next time, I have to open Firefox,click on download, get message it is already installed and then get the option of using it again. Anyone got any suggestions of how I can fix this.

Windows 10 and Firefox still works.

Please download the file that will uninstall the existing Plarium Play version on your PC. You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ekp2x3kNzOWGprYw8DAMdwfiVEqHf3Bn. Then, please try to install the latest version of Plarium Play

NancyAdmin
13 сент. 2019, 13:3513.09.19
David T300 said:

I have firefox  i am worried i will not beable to play this game again. long time member.
If you play on the portal, not Facebook, just download Plarium Play here and login to your account to access your City. 
NancyAdmin
13 сент. 2019, 13:3813.09.19
muhammad al fateh said:

i was able to download plarium play setup to my computer but during installation plarium play it hanged to 1% forever... what should i do? 

Could you please send a screenshot of it and specify your device characteristics? 
19 сент. 2019, 15:0319.09.19
doesn't work on chromebook
20 сент. 2019, 06:3220.09.19
change to HTML5, like many other browser games, is easy!
NancyAdmin
20 сент. 2019, 08:0120.09.19
HECTOR said:

change to HTML5, like many other browser games, is easy!
Thanks for your suggestion, Hector. We believe that Plarium Play is a good alternative. Have you already installed it?