Persian Positions are NOT working

Persian Positions are NOT working

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Комментарии
16 дек. 2017, 14:1616.12.17
17 дек. 2017, 06:16(отредактировано)

As stated in other posts-I really do not play Xerxes on the frequency that some people here play. I don't understand or know if the bank re-sets, I don't know if there is a certain time to play Xerxes....whatever!! Who really knows?

When I do play Xerxes, i make sure of two cardinal rules:

1.) Resources are maxed in the city-yes, even if it means putting up a protection bubble to protect my city

2.) Light troops first, followed by a small array of heavy troops.

The whole point of using light troops is to win back higher troops (cavalry, phalanx) 

Does it take me "forever" to clear a position this way? Yes-absolutely!

But I am not blowing my army out and using high value troops and then screaming that Xerxes is not working.

Yes, the algorithm has changed somewhat according to people who play Xerxes on a regular basis-and again I state, I do not play Xerxes the way some people do-I lost my whole army when I started this game-and vowed never to do that again!!

last week, one of my guys used his whole army on Xerxes and received 14K in Agema's. Fantastic! Now he has 14K of Agema's-and NO ARMY! Needless to say we cautioned him to stop and re-build-but he kept on going!

Even I have to admit, that something is not working correctly-but before I try and guess Plarium's banking system, or sit for hours at end looking at 23 different spreadsheets from those who say "I know how to play Xerxes" ..blah...blah...

I will make sure my city resources are maxed out, and use "ONLY Light" troops to win cavalry and phalanx's.

Until someone contacts me with a method of playing Xerxes, I will continue to build troops and play very cautiously. 

The time and hard work in building an army after two years will not be lost to an unknown algorithm/method, hearsay, wild innuendo, and conjectures, which, judging by this thread and accompanying screenshots and statements made-seems to support an "evident truth".

Respect to all

Mick

17 дек. 2017, 06:5117.12.17
17 дек. 2017, 07:34(отредактировано)

Ashu said:

Regarding Persian troops conversion-

The link is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpweuy20rkwt84j/Common%20Misconceptions%20in%20Positions.pdf?dl=0

Ashu,

Thank you-spent some time reading this over and..as usual, have questions.

With respect, that is a fine document. But in my eyes, it is rather contradictory and convoluted. I hope you will be able to explain:

"The players use Positions to convert low quality troops into high quality troops. However, in reality, at the Persian Positions, it is the opposite. Let us look"

PP's work the "opposite? Are you stating that throwing high quality troops yields low quality troops? I believe that is correct-but why use high value troops at all? Are you advocating using high value troops?

"Players send swordsmen to positions because it is cheap, but in fact, it is reducing the prospect of gaining a large army as you are sending your good troops to convert into bad troops"

Converting swordsman into Agema's is bad? Converting Javs into Mounted Peltasts is bad?

A.) "So suppose, to get to that bank we put in build Agema and Swordsman Simultaneously. Then the Swordsman would require 7,283,100 / 60 = 121,385 minutes Agema Horseman would require 7,283,100 / 115.6 approx. = 63,000 minutes only"

B.) "This means that we can have the strength of 24277 swordsmen in just 63,000 minutes, rather than 121,385 minutes through building Agema’s for Positions" 

Okay - A states Swordsman strength takes 121,365 minutes to build and Agema's take 63,000 minutes to build.

-  B states that we can have Swordsman strength in 63,000 minutes versus having Agema strength in 121,385

As you can see from the above, there appears to be a contradiction in your statements. If you could clarify further, here or PM,  I would be grateful.

As I stated before in previous posts-I have played Persian Positions in the past using a spreadsheet that shows levels with a base number and a maximum number:

Example from chart: level 50-base-159,570 Max-191,484 It was my understanding that these numbers were "resource value"

I would just dial in the amount of troops to meet the maximum and attack and take the position out. Payouts (I don't understand when/how to calculate payouts) would seem to come at the upper end (Level 57/58/59)

When I started playing, I had some pretty good payouts-and kept to the "system I had learned" and ended up losing quite a big chunk of my army when "something changed". 

That was over a year and half ago. So I am kinda "easing my way" back into playing PP's-but at an "extreme cautious" level of play. 

As stated before-what good is it to win 15K in Agema's or Promacho's and use up all your light, heavy, phalanx and cavalry troops in the process when the goal is to translate "low value" to "high value" troops?

Thank you for the document.

Respectfully,

Mick

17 дек. 2017, 10:1917.12.17

With due respect i agree that i have made some grammatical mistakes, but if you read/focus on my Calculations, you will understand what am i trying to tell.

"The players use Positions to convert low quality troops into high quality troops. However, in reality, at the Persian Positions, it is the opposite. Let us look"

PP's work the "opposite? Are you stating that throwing high quality troops yields low quality troops? I believe that is correct-but why use high value troops at all? Are you advocating using high value troops?

I mean to say here that people are wrong in considering Cavalry and Phalanx as high quality troops because when we convert swordsman to agema, we are actually losing offense. Because Agema gives less offense for the payout size, while swordsman being cheaper, gives more offense on the given given payout size (payout size means the resource value of a full payout at a particular level).

"Players send swordsmen to positions because it is cheap, but in fact, it is reducing the prospect of gaining a large army as you are sending your good troops to convert into bad troops"

Converting swordsman into Agema's is bad? Converting Javs into Mounted Peltasts is bad?

Yes, i termed Swordsman/light & heavy infantry as good troops whereas phalanx and cavalry as bad troops. You would have to go through my calculations to know this, the first one states that we can produce 93.5% more offense at same resources through swordsman as compared to Agema Horseman. Same goes for Javelineer.

A.) "So suppose, to get to that bank we put in build Agema and Swordsman Simultaneously. Then the Swordsman would require 7,283,100 / 60 = 121,385 minutes Agema Horseman would require 7,283,100 / 115.6 approx. = 63,000 minutes only"

B.) "This means that we can have the strength of 24277 swordsmen in just 63,000 minutes, rather than 121,385 minutes through building Agema’s for Positions"

Okay - A states Swordsman strength takes 121,365 minutes to build and Agema's take 63,000 minutes to build.

-  B states that we can have Swordsman strength in 63,000 minutes versus having Agema strength in 121,385

As you can see from the above, there appears to be a contradiction in your statements. If you could clarify further, here or PM,  I would be grateful.

Make it 'Swordsman' instead of 'Agema' at the last line. now the line would be, "This means that we can have the strength of 24277 swordsmen in just 63,000 minutes, rather than 121,385 minutes through building Swordsmen for Positions"

Hope it clears your doubts, i have edited the old spreadsheet system(didnt knew there was one made on the new system lol). You can find it here in this link, though you would not need it if you know the algorithm of persian positions and also that is it on the older system.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/game-tutorials/44056_some-tools-and-guides/

20 дек. 2017, 20:3620.12.17
I can confirm that pps are changed and they have been a total cheat,last time i played pps was 6.5 months yes six and a half months my reward was 19960 promachos at lvl 156,i played again before 14 days i lost 60 million offence and 14 million defence and i cant still take at least my army back im not going to pay 600 euros for this cheat
MariusAdmin
21 дек. 2017, 09:4921.12.17
chriskou said:

I can confirm that pps are changed and they have been a total cheat,last time i played pps was 6.5 months yes six and a half months my reward was 19960 promachos at lvl 156,i played again before 14 days i lost 60 million offence and 14 million defence and i cant still take at least my army back im not going to pay 600 euros for this cheat
You are not guaranteed to receive the same reward for Persian Position that you have seen once before, the fact that happens does not mean the mechanics were changed or are somehow cheating. Players on the previous page have offered some very viable strategy options, perhaps looking at them could help you in dealing with Positions.
21 дек. 2017, 12:2421.12.17
Thats your reward for a 3 year daily player to steal my army and make me quit - dont play with our IQ it was a total robbery i know all the strategies from the day that famu was a moderator he helped a lot of people also we have a page about positions players from different places are members your system changed people arent fools.Ps can you check my bank? because i dont believe that bank still excists-only money
21 дек. 2017, 12:5921.12.17
21 дек. 2017, 13:00(отредактировано)

I also lost  some  troups in the last few days  on positions Didn't get an positive payout in three consecutive days of playing them   ,but   like i said earlier better  are the rewards   but also greater are the losses , like  all in this game ..:) So better to not play them if you don't want  to  have at some time heavy losses ,because  it will be happening that indifferent of the algorithm u  r using to play them :) 

21 дек. 2017, 13:2121.12.17
I agree with you but loosing 60m offence and 14m defence for a reward 19960pro before 6.5 months and no reward  is a TOTAL ROBBERY i paid my loan not 10% or 30%more  but about 200% bank not excist anymore
21 дек. 2017, 22:0921.12.17

Ashu said:

With due respect i agree that i have made some grammatical mistakes, but if you read/focus on my Calculations, you will understand what am i trying to tell.

I mean to say here that people are wrong in considering Cavalry and Phalanx as high quality troops because when we convert swordsman to agema, we are actually losing offense. Because Agema gives less offense for the payout size, while swordsman being cheaper, gives more offense on the given given payout size (payout size means the resource value of a full payout at a particular level).

Yes, i termed Swordsman/light & heavy infantry as good troops whereas phalanx and cavalry as bad troops. You would have to go through my calculations to know this, the first one states that we can produce 93.5% more offense at same resources through swordsman as compared to Agema Horseman. Same goes for Javelineer.

Make it 'Swordsman' instead of 'Agema' at the last line. now the line would be, "This means that we can have the strength of 24277 swordsmen in just 63,000 minutes, rather than 121,385 minutes through building Swordsmen for Positions"

Hope it clears your doubts, i have edited the old spreadsheet system(didnt knew there was one made on the new system lol). You can find it here in this link, though you would not need it if you know the algorithm of persian positions and also that is it on the older system.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/game-tutorials/44056_some-tools-and-guides/

Very nice job Ashu.

26 дек. 2017, 16:5726.12.17
positions are no good took 53 million worth offence not 1 payout i should of been getting my payout as i put back in resource for troops what a farce of a game i wont be coining them back ill just walk away 
27 дек. 2017, 00:2227.12.17
i agree with you, i will make a last attempt to take my army back (im loosing 60m off 14def) if i fail gameover for me too
MariusAdmin
27 дек. 2017, 09:3127.12.17
There are quite thorough theories posted just above. I would suggest checking them out and seeing if anything there might help you two with your Persian Position strategies. 
27 дек. 2017, 10:4227.12.17
not been rude ive played this game for best part of 3 years i know every way of raiding the pp that is not the problem im having its the pay out system that has changed clearly something wrong with the pp system as there are many complaints from players who know the game i think the blame lays at plariums door im now losing 70 mil offence and 18 mil defence you do the maths with the amount of money that is equal too ???
27 дек. 2017, 11:1727.12.17
Τhere are no theories any more -just money
27 дек. 2017, 11:2627.12.17
first time ive posted on forum shame its regarding bad feed back i dont think any action will be taken i suppose its our own fault for gambling although i never realised plarium was a bookmaker i thought the pp was an in game bonus in a way to gain better troops not where you can lose your whole army theres not a lot a mod can say in this instance as they have no power over the game they are puppets given a script  
27 дек. 2017, 12:0227.12.17
They dont care thats for sure pps till 3 months ago wasnt gambling,the issue for me is that they dont respect the palyers-supporters
27 дек. 2017, 12:0227.12.17

I m from the players I m not sucking Plarium but in this occasion Plarium Moderators and Community managers have right... PP working perfectly for those they know to play and they arent gabling... 

1st.  you need to play positions on same bank. If positions of this bank is finished you wait next day to refill... Gablers playing all positions and share the invest on different banks without refilling the bank. After going to the forum and babycrying...

2nd. stop playing the one bar system. Its old and Xerxes knows it well to make you loose yr army.. Play always different system and when a bank give you a payout change and invest to different bank..

3rd. stop using lights and heavies on Xerxes. Take ages to refill xerxes bank. Use them to PVP tournaments as there the logarithm change (there is the main problem) and any other army use there is waste.. You ll never recover yr looses from the pvp army bonus if you use cavalry or phalanx to pvp... Yr lights and heavies you take from Xerxes keep them in acropolis for the upcoming pvp to invest in Phalanx...

4th. make Xerxes to give loans and not invest on Xerxes bank.. At the moment i own to Xerxes up to 8 k promachones and I m sure next week I ll get another loan from him. With my system I make 10 k promachones monthly and my target is in 3 months to make 20 k prom monthly without using them at all on Xerxes.. I love when I own army to Xerxes and not Xerxes own army to me. He is always try to get it back and he falls in my trap...

5th, The most important not only for this game but for real gabbling also...Any machine or logarithm built to cheat on players has imperfections for the inverse analogy ... That gives the opportunity on high intelligent players to cheat on the machine or to the logarithm... Nothing is perfect on this world, me either...

27 дек. 2017, 12:1127.12.17
i always play on the same bank i hit 20 positions 180-190 range and my payout was nothing we dont cry but we will not goingto coin thats for sure
27 дек. 2017, 12:1727.12.17
Sorry dude your boring im well aware of the systems did you not read my post. And in fact you sound like you are clearly sucking up to plarium just with the way you write your sentences this is 1st time im having problems with pp so before you get on your high horse and how good you are and what you expect save it. I posted in hear as it states positions not working so im adding to that assumption. Dorieas perhaps you should make a new post stating that positions are not broken  because unless your fixing my positions your post is useless to my problem as i play the positions correctly