Forum Ban appeals - historic bans - an offer to help

Поиск
How to join our moderation team?
morteeeeModerator
5 июль 2020, 09:4805.07.20

Forum Ban appeals - historic bans - an offer to help

Hi all 

Nancy has suggested that you contact a moderator if you want to appeal a ban 

I am happy to be that moderator so if a friend/colleague of yours has historically earned a permanent ban in the past please PM me their forum user name and I will take a look at it 

please keep in mind the following 

1) due to GDPR I will NOT be able to discuss ban reasons with ANYONE apart from the person banned 

2) I am a volunteer here and I do work full time and 3 weekends out of 4 and I also have a sick child who is being investigated for bowel cancer so this will NOT be a quick process although I will strive to be as quick as possible

3) If I feel that the ban should be lifted I will consult with the CM and request it being lifted 

4) If I feel it shouldn't be lifted I will confirm that with a CM who will obviously, as a Plarium employee have the final say 

5) please be patient as if I get LOADS it will take me longer

6) I will be looking at the in the order of date of PM being received 

7) If the original ban was by myself I will refer it to another mod to assess in the interests of fairness 

this ONLY applies to forum bans and not in game bans, in game bans should be appealed via the usual route of raising a support ticket 

an appeal does NOT guarantee the ban will be lifted, all final decisions will be for plarium employees to make 

Morteeee

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
7 июль 2020, 02:1107.07.20

i was permanent banned :)

Tonaya
morteeeeModerator
7 июль 2020, 08:4907.07.20
I shall respond in PM :)
vanesameiModerator
1 авг. 2020, 20:4001.08.20

Hello! Thanks Morteeee for the post. As a moderator too I would like to help you out here. 

Same terms as Morteeeee said:

Hi all 

Nancy has suggested that you contact a moderator if you want to appeal a ban 

I am happy to be that moderator so if a friend/colleague of yours has historically earned a permanent ban in the past please PM me their forum user name and I will take a look at it 

please keep in mind the following 

1) due to GDPR I will NOT be able to discuss ban reasons with ANYONE apart from the person banned 

2) I am a volunteer here and I do work full time so this will NOT be a quick process although I will strive to be as quick as possible

3) If I feel that the ban should be lifted I will consult with the CM and request it being lifted 

4) If I feel it shouldn't be lifted I will confirm that with a CM who will obviously, as a Plarium employee have the final say 

5) please be patient as if I get LOADS it will take me longer

6) I will be looking at the in the order of date of PM being received 

7) If the original ban was by myself I will refer it to another mod to assess in the interests of fairness 

this ONLY applies to forum bans and not in game bans, in game bans should be appealed via the usual route of raising a support ticket 

an appeal does NOT guarantee the ban will be lifted, all final decisions will be for plarium employees to make 

Cheers and good game all!
11 сент. 2020, 03:2211.09.20

Do unfair historic bans effect accounts in any way?

Do they reduce a players ability to become player moderators, show up in their history in any way?, effect the decisions of future bans or effect the severity of a punishment? 

Most the people i know that received year+ forum bans were active members of the community that were known for helping new players, play testing features for palarium, and contributors to the forums that offered advice, posted and updated things like upgrade costs on buildings, helped identify bugs, and answered questions that were posted.

They have almost to a person quit Sparta over abuse from community managers that took offense at armed forces staff that used computers from on base, or students. Or for posting complaints at the number of posts that were being deleted at the time.   No appeal was allowed as at that time you had to message the community manager that refused to do their jobs and reply to personal messages. 

I am curious if the old bans effect accounts in any way - They already damaged both the owners game, and we that received their assistance that was taken away from us - for no breach of rules in any capacity. 

Are their any residual effect to the old bans?  Should they appeal their treatment by staff in the forums or is the ban they received over and forgotten ?
morteeeeModerator
13 сент. 2020, 16:3013.09.20

with a forum ban, once its lifted its a clean slate (unless its repeated offences and longer bans imposed as a result) 

forum bans have NO affect on game accounts 

in game bans cannot be imposed by forum moderators, they are totally separate 
4 фев. 2021, 23:2404.02.21
5 фев. 2021, 14:58(отредактировано)

Seems staff are issuing bans for people that re-open threads and bug reports that are ignored by staff and then closed/lockeds without answers, or erased outright.

Is there any point in having an appeal system when palarium staff erase posts instead of answering concerns or addressing problems?    Should you not consider changing your policy instead of issuing the bans in the first place and then claiming you will look into an appeal?

Can people that have been issued a ban even post in this thread to request an appeal?

10 фев. 2021, 02:0210.02.21
10 фев. 2021, 12:43(отредактировано)

Topics are closed / locked without the issue being addressed - we are not able to keep chatting on a post once you have done this.

People were still discussing the topics when staff blocked them from doing so - and they created a new post that covered the same issue because it was ignored/closed ... or erased outright ... how is this explained ??????  In what way can they continue discussing the issue?

In short - we get ignored, or the questions and concerns are not addressed but the topic is closed similar to the one about the offer made for ppl migrating to the play app, that did not get the offere - then we had forum mods give false information bordering on outright lies, and close the topic.

Then we ban ppl the few people that contribute to the forums and actually assist people because they re-opened a topic the staff ignored

is this about correct?  this seems to have been a serious issue for players in the past, and it seems to still be a serious issue now (perhaps less important now that the forums have been devistated by this behaviour and no one uses it anymore)

11 фев. 2021, 09:3211.02.21
12 фев. 2021, 15:02(отредактировано)

Hello,

I have requested from palarium to ban a player due to offensive language. The following is a message sent to me by a player , cords:  -1804; -774

I would like to hear any thoughts on how this should be handled

Thanks

edited 

NancyAdmin
12 фев. 2021, 15:0212.02.21
Cosmas Bisticas

Hello,

I have requested from palarium to ban a player due to offensive language. The following is a message sent to me by a player , cords:  -1804; -774

I would like to hear any thoughts on how this should be handled

Thanks

edited 

I'm sorry to hear that this situation took place. I've sent the warning to the player. Please let me know if he/she continues so that I can take more serious actions. Also, I suggest adding that account to the blacklist in order not to receive further messages from this player. 

3 март 2021, 07:0003.03.21

I notice that this topic has been removed from the sticky threads kept at the top of the "game discussion" page.

Is morteeee still a moderator?

Is their still a moderator that is willing to help sort the improper "historic" forum bans?

Or was this topic removed because it is now irrelevant?

NancyAdmin
3 март 2021, 10:4703.03.21
Fortress

I notice that this topic has been removed from the sticky threads kept at the top of the "game discussion" page.

Is morteeee still a moderator?

Is their still a moderator that is willing to help sort the improper "historic" forum bans?

Or was this topic removed because it is now irrelevant?

Yes, morteeee is still a moderator but she is on vacation. If someone wants to join the moderation team, you are always welcome to submit an application form. :) 

This topic is still topical but it was unpinned in frames of the forum restructuring. As you might have noticed, we did some changes to all our games' forums and it was a part of those changes. 

3 март 2021, 21:4503.03.21

When will mortee return?    Is there another moderator we can message about life time bans issued years ago - that the owners believed they could not appeal?

( old rules were to message the community manager - and at that time we were told that the com manager did not have time to read pm's - so appeals were impossible )

We have some old forum contributers that are very knowladgable in the game - that used to assist people and answer question on a daily basis - that would like to return to the forums.

I think we need these people back.

NancyAdmin
9 март 2021, 15:1909.03.21
Fortress

When will mortee return?    Is there another moderator we can message about life time bans issued years ago - that the owners believed they could not appeal?

( old rules were to message the community manager - and at that time we were told that the com manager did not have time to read pm's - so appeals were impossible )

We have some old forum contributers that are very knowladgable in the game - that used to assist people and answer question on a daily basis - that would like to return to the forums.

I think we need these people back.

You can send links to their profiles in this post and we will double-check the reason and date of a ban. 

19 июнь 2021, 21:4019.06.21
21 июнь 2021, 04:41(отредактировано)

Thank you morteee

I do not think anyone has ever been banned from the game. There have been so many complaints raised about people cheating, using bots and 3rd party software, being racist or sexist.   

Palarium does not care ... But there are many, many people that have lifetime bans from the forums for the most rediculous reasons (complaining about posts being erased, criticising the bad information given by moderators and community managers, sharing computers from schools, military bases, etc.)

Half the hedges of top 50 coalitions have lifetime bans.

These are the people that recruited us into sparta in the first place, supported us, and used to answer questions in the forums that staff just ignore or do not know the answer to.

These are the ones that need assistance, as the ony way to appeal a ban is to contact the com managers, and they have posted that they do not respong to pm's

We need these players back in the forums - only i feel many of them do not wish to return anyhow.

vanesameiModerator
23 июнь 2021, 01:0523.06.21
Mandalorian

Thank you morteee

I do not think anyone has ever been banned from the game. There have been so many complaints raised about people cheating, using bots and 3rd party software, being racist or sexist.   

Palarium does not care ... But there are many, many people that have lifetime bans from the forums for the most rediculous reasons (complaining about posts being erased, criticising the bad information given by moderators and community managers, sharing computers from schools, military bases, etc.)

These are the people that recruited us into sparta in the first place, supported us, and used to answer questions in the forums that staff just ignore or do not know the answer to.

These are the ones that need assistance, as the ony way to appeal a ban is to contact the com managers, and they have posted that they do not respong to pm's

We need these players back in the forums - only i feel many of them do not wish to return anyhow.

Hello Mandalorian and Fortress:

As Nancy said before. you both can send us the links to their profile so we can double-check the reason for the ban and date. 

Moderators and Administrators here do believe in second chances 😉

Also, you can write me PM and explain to me details of certain cases, so Mod team can talk about the possibility to unban those players. 

Thank you both for your concern 😊

morteeeeModerator
1 июль 2021, 08:5001.07.21
Mandalorian

Thank you morteee

send them my way and I will look into it for you :)

they may also find they can already get back in as usually only spammers get lifetime bans, unless its something REALLY bad players get a time limited ban 

the Max I have ever given has been 12 months :)

NancyAdmin
8 фев. 2021, 12:2908.02.21
Banshee

Seems staff are issuing bans for people that re-open threads and bug reports that are ignored by staff and then closed/lockeds without answers, or erased outright.

Is there any point in having an appeal system when palarium staff erase posts instead of answering concerns or addressing problems?    Should you not consider changing your policy instead of issuing the bans in the first place and then claiming you will look into an appeal?

Can people that have been issued a ban even post in this thread to request an appeal?

First off, I would like to mention that the bug report wasn't ignored. The situation has been discussed and explained several times. There is no need to create multiple topics on a similar topic because it makes communication harder. Not to mention that it violates our forum rules. Thus, we ask our players to create a post per an issue and keep chatting there. 

Secondly, a player that got a ban can always contact a moderator in a PM or submit a ticket to our technical support department. 

morteeeeModerator
9 июнь 2021, 10:2809.06.21

Hi all

apologies for my extended abscence, I am back :)

I can help with forum bans but in game bans can only be sorted out by plarium direct so yoiu would need to raise a ticket

if it takes plarium more than 2 weeks to respond to that ticket polease POM me the ticket reference id so I can get it chased up 

morteeee